NB96

Dragons of Legend 2

~NeoArkadia~    2794
r4ckMKc.jpg
Level 8 LIGHT Dragon-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 1200
Must be Special Summoned by “The Fang of Critias” sending “Mirror Force” you control or have in your hand to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) When a monster you control is targeted for an attack or an opponent’s card effect: You can destroy all cards your opponent controls.
  • Upvote 1

Plsnobully    776
Cool stuff. I wonder if they're going to announce Doom Virus Dragon soon. Considering both TCG and OCG have CCV.

~NeoArkadia~    2794

Cool stuff. I wonder if they're going to announce Doom Virus Dragon soon. Considering both TCG and OCG have CCV.

I think the TCG/OCG having Crush (errata'd) was because of Doom Virus Dragon, tbh.

~NeoArkadia~    2794
qEB0rSs.jpg
Death Virus Dragon / Doom Virus Dragon
Dark Dragon / Fusion / Effect
LV4 1900/1500
Must be Special Summoned by “The Fang of Critias” sending 1 “Crush Card Virus” you control or have in your hand to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) If this card is Special Summoned: Check your opponent’s hand, all monsters they control, and all cards they draw until the end of your opponent’s 3rd turn after this effect’s activation, and destroy all monsters with 1500 or more ATK.

bGSG1cH.jpg
Tyrant Burst Dragon
Light Dragon / Fusion / Effect
LV8 2900/2500
Must be Special Summoned by “The Fang of Critias” sending 1 “Tyrant Wing” you control or have in your hand to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. (2) You can target 1 monster you control; equip this card you control to that target. It gains 400 ATK and DEF. The monster equipped by this effect can make 2 additional attacks each Battle Phase.

S1t2X2x.jpg
Tyrant Wing
Trap Normal
(1) Target 1 Dragon-Type monster; equip this card to that target. It gains 400 ATK and DEF. (2) The monster equipped by this effect can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase. (3) During the End Phase, if the equipped monster attacked: Destroy this card.

p4Cce1K.jpg
Double Magic Arm Bind
Trap Normal
(1) Tribute 2 monsters, then target 2 face-up monsters your opponent controls; gain control of both those targets until your End Phase.

Patrick Hoban    6364

Soul Charge 2!

it is not good to hope for things like this, nor to hope for it to make the set sell

Soul Charge was good for the game.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

Patrick Hoban    6364

I suppose you're right. 

Let's start out by defining good. Is good objective? Can good be different from person to person? Sure, but what I mean when I say good is speaking from a competitive perspective. If your goal is to "have fun" or whatever else, I'm sure you could argue that Soul Charge isn't good. 

Taking a look at it from the competitive standpoint, Soul Charge is does a lot for the good of the game because it gives the game a much higher ceiling. There are only three advantages anyone can take in a game; deck advantage, operations management, and the mental aspect. While they are all separate skills, the latter of these plays a significantly smaller role in determining the outcome of a game. Technical play and deck building play much larger roles, but between the two, technical play is much more limited. You only have a fairly limited number of options in any given scenario. On top of that, all the options aren't equal. The right play is fairly obvious a good deal of the time. 

Deckbuilding on the other hand is much less limited as the card pool is so diverse. Even more so, the optimal deck directly depends on what everyone else is doing. If you play Spellbooks and I counter you by siding Horus and Puppet Plant, you can begin to use traps. I can respond by using Dark Hole to clear Jowgen and leave your traps weak. The right option is always dependent upon what everyone else is doing already. 

Soul Charge at three greatly emphasizes the deckbuidling aspect of the game, because it has a high ceiling for limited possibilities. While it is at three, everything else in the game has a significantly lower ceiling. Deck building always revolves around the highest ceiling available because you want the most options at your disposal. Since Soul Charge always was the highest ceiling card available, it made deckbuilding revolve around a high ceiling card that provided lots of options.

From a technical play aspect, there were slight benefits as well. If I bring back 4 monsters, instead of 5 cards and Soul Charge I have 9 cards available to me. Cards are just a representation of options. While it would destroy any deck with only 6 options (one not using Soul Charge), any deck that also had 9 options would create a skillful game state, where both players have additional options and decisions to make. More decisions, more opportunities to mess up. This creates a more favorable game state for the better player to win. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

crowstar    25

while this is unarguably true, you can still formulate logical truths by assuming axioms and working using objective logic from there. An example would be winning a duel. Technically wanting to win is a subjective goal but people in general take it as a pretty safe bet you want to win the game. That's a very simple axiom.

I think Patrick celebrates the deck building aspect of the game, and given that we assume deckbuilding is a positive skill you could probably show that soul charge was good/bad objectively. I suppose the conflict comes from deck building vs playing the game, but you can start with much simpler subjective truths and use objective reasoning to progress to more complex statements. 

(disclaimer: I have no idea if what I've said is valid or not lol)

EDIT: re-reading my post, how do we know logic is valid at all? Is "logic" itself an axiom of arguments?

~NeoArkadia~    2794

Something I don't understand about tyrant burst dragon

"2 additional attacks"

So that means 3 attacks total?

Yes. Yes it does.

EDIT: re-reading my post, how do we know logic is valid at all? Is "logic" itself an axiom of arguments?

There is that whole line of philosophy that does presuppose we're a brain in a jar imagining everything. It's probably best to not think too much on it and give into the "Turtles all the way down" part of things.

I think Patrick celebrates the deck building aspect of the game, and given that we assume deckbuilding is a positive skill you could probably show that soul charge was good/bad objectively.

I just personally don't like the subjective "Soul Charge is good for the game" opinion being potentially pushed as potentially objective truth. It rustles my jimmies.

Storm Wolf    1205

It actually doesn't seem unreasonable to play Critias in a deck that can use CCV and at least two Mirror Forces. Mirror Force Dragon being able to nuke the opponent's board after being targeted by a card effect is scary enough to make it relevant against most decks.

Double Magical Arm Shield thing would be hilarious with Hieratics or even the Burning Abyss mirror match, though its trap status will make it a bit slow unlike E-Con.

~NeoArkadia~    2794

Dragons of Legend 2, the sequel to the hit 2014 booster set, delivers another all-foil set of the most anticipated, fan-requested cards from the Yu-Gi-Oh! animated TV series, made into print as actual cards for the very first time!
Dragons of Legend 2 includes several brand new cards from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! TV series, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, the newest generation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series. Duelists can finally complete their collection of the Legendary Dragon monsters in the show with Legendary Knight Critias and Legendary Knight Hermos. Fans of Pegasus and Toon Decks will be thrilled with the arrival of several long-awaited Toon cards, like Toon Kingdom and Toon Ancient Gear Golem. Duelists will also be treated to additional cards used by Kaiba, Joey, and several characters from the new Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V TV series, which have never been made into actual cards until now.

Cards in this set work well with the upcoming Crossed Souls booster set and Duelist Pack: Battle City, as well as Legendary Collection 4: Joey’s World, which contains cards drawn from storylines from the classic Yu-Gi-Oh! animated TV series. Each 5-card pack contains 4 Super Rare cards along with 1 prismatic Secret Rare.

The Dragons of Legend 2 booster set contains 45 cards: 27 Super Rares and 18 prismatic Secret Rares (Rarity counts subject to change).

I guess we should get hype for Mieru, YUUGOU JA NEE and EGAO? (Yugo and Yuto for the last two)

Justin.    734
I really hope they end up making the Red-Eyes armor and Valon's armor actual cards in this set. That would be so sick.

~NeoArkadia~    2794
Lord of the Red? Already confirmed in the Japanese version. No space for Valon's armor, unless they shittily make them all one card.

NB96    814
tfw the gk player kills you with searchable ccv into doom virus

the cat of ill omen is coming for your sphincter

prepare yourself
  • Upvote 2

~NeoArkadia~    2794
ipJFs3G.jpg
Comic Hand
Equip Spell Card
Equip only to an opponent’s monster while you control “Toon World”. (1) Gain control of the equipped monster. (2) It is treated as a Toon Monster, and can attack your opponent directly if they do not control a Toon Monster. (3) If there is no face-up “Toon World” destroy this card.

ipJFs3G.jpg
Comic Hand
Equip Spell Card
Equip only to an opponent’s monster while you control “Toon World”. (1) Gain control of the equipped monster. (2) It is treated as a Toon Monster, and can attack your opponent directly if they do not control a Toon Monster. (3) If there is no face-up “Toon World” destroy this card.

both toon world/kingdom and comic hand are searchable

it's nice how kingdom can protect whatever you snatch