lo fi

DG Dungeons and Dragons

75 posts in this topic

While I know this is dead, but could this thread also be used as a place to ask questions or get input on ideas you may want to implement into a character you're playing?  And, if there ended up being interest again on doing something on roll20, I'd be down to give it a try.

Edit: Just noticed the other thread rei made, but that one seems just as dead as this one.

I really enjoyed playing Todd's game while it lasted and would be down to get a dgz game going again.

Still fairly new though so be warned.

My girlfriend would probably also be interested in playing. I'd prefer Pathfinder personally, or 3.5, but it'd obviously be up to the DM.  I've had fun in every campaign I've been in (3 so far, 1 has been going for almost a year).  Probably the hardest part would be finding someone who wants to dm it lol.

I really enjoyed playing Todd's game while it lasted and would be down to get a dgz game going again.

Still fairly new though so be warned.

This tbh

I might be interested in running something, I'm currently running my first campaign IRL and it's working out alright. It'd have to be bi-weekly though or else I'd run into time constraints.

I might be interested in running something, I'm currently running my first campaign IRL and it's working out alright. It'd have to be bi-weekly though or else I'd run into time constraints.

When you say Bi-Weekly do you mean Fortnightly like every 2 weeks as opposed to twice a week?

I would be down for getting back into D&D/Pathfinder, been a while since I played and I missed my buddy's session on the weekend. I can't say I'm much more than a novice though. If someone gets this back up and running sign me up.

me and my friends tended to fuck around with D&D rather than follow the rules rigidly so i would be a little noobish but im down to play

When you say Bi-Weekly do you mean Fortnightly like every 2 weeks as opposed to twice a week?

Definitely the former. Twice a week would kill me lol

It'd be 5E (since my other campaign's also 5E, I'm a little burnt out on 3.5) so experience isn't really an issue. It's super easy to learn and there's not really much material out yet to get lost in.

I'm also located in CET, so for Americans on the East Coast session would likely have to be on Saturday/Sunday noons.

I enjoyed doing it while it lasted.  I learned a couple of things from it, and if I were to do it again, i'd definitely have a few changes.  

Primarily - the most notable thing I did poorly as a DM was not accounting for things the players decided to do differently.  They had confronted an enemy in a way I had not forseen, and it kinda threw me for a loop - as I didnt know how to handle it at all.

My game ended somewhat abruptly due to some life stuff going on (was in process of buying a home, that fell through due to poor inspection, had only a short amount of time to find new living situation, etc)

I would love to attempt to do this again, and feel as though I would have a better game from a little more experience now as a dm from before.

Definitely the former. Twice a week would kill me lol

It'd be 5E (since my other campaign's also 5E, I'm a little burnt out on 3.5) so experience isn't really an issue. It's super easy to learn and there's not really much material out yet to get lost in.

I'm also located in CET, so for Americans on the East Coast session would likely have to be on Saturday/Sunday noons.

Thank fuck. I would die as well lmao.

I'm not familiar with 5th Ed so I'll do some research when I get the chance, maybe see if I can get some Irl/Roll20 practice in with friends again. CET isn't a problem for me since I'm in London.

5E is very much designed to be a pick-up-and-play game. It has a lot of resemblance with 3.5.

What kind of game did Todd run? Are people who would like to play in the timeslot I provided mostly interested more in combat, roleplay/character development, or a mix of both? Just to get an idea of what kind of game I should provide.

So you're saying noon on Saturday or Sunday? And would there be anything homebrew or specific house rules to know about beforehand?

It'd be around 6-7-8 PM in Amsterdam, ideally - that's CEST now, we're switching to CET come Sunday. The specific time we can figure out once we've settled on the players, but it'd be around noon for the American East Coast, yes.

Standard 5E, no house rules.

Setting-wise, I'm thinking of FR, Eberron, or a homebrew campaign.

So far I have:

1. Avian spud

2. Satella

3. Maybe Satella's gf (?)

4. SSJ Grumpig (?)

5. ?

I don't have any experience with Roll20 so I might need a week or so to figure that out.

5E is very much designed to be a pick-up-and-play game. It has a lot of resemblance with 3.5.

What kind of game did Todd run? Are people who would like to play in the timeslot I provided mostly interested more in combat, roleplay/character development, or a mix of both? Just to get an idea of what kind of game I should provide.

I ran a pathfinder campaign

If its around noon on the weekend I probably won't be able to join in as I'm typically at work then.  Will have to see.

Does 5.0 have any extra official books out with more classes than just the base ones?

There's some additional races and spells in the Elemental Evil Player's Companion, in terms of classes it's only the PHB. All of the classes have a lot more features than in 3.5, though, and inbetween the class specializations (a bit like PF's archetypes), feats, multiclassing and backgrounds I feel like there's still room for customizing your character, without worrying too much about mechanics.

I figured the weekend would be a better fit than weekdays noons, if there's a few people who'd prefer it on another day I'll see what I can do. I just don't want to commit to regularily staying up 'till 2 AM.

Putting it on hold since there's not enough interest or available people for the game.

I'm looking to design some encounters. If anyone is currently running a game IRL, feel free to give me some basic information on the campaign and I'll create something.

Edit: I guess I would actually also be okay with GMing as well, although I'm pretty green and I'm not sure how good I'd be at worldbuilding. If people are interested in playing, let me know.

I'm down with playing or running a game, depending on time

What system are you talking about, JC? I might shoot you a PM but my campaign's in 5E

5e as well. I'm now going to be running a campaign for college friends, so I'd be happy to run it on here as well. I didn't get much of a response though, I've been considering posting in the Mafia section in an aftergame thread or something since I think some of them don't check around the boards but still may be interested in playing.

I've never played D&D, but have experience in Vampire: the Masquerade and Shadowrun. Willing to play if someone teaches me the basics.

I think Fridays or Saturdays at any time between 2PM-Midnight (EST) would be the best time for me, although any day besides Wednesday or Sunday could work.

@Juan, Being new shouldn't be a problem. I can help you with making a character and answer any questions you have.