fake

The Flash

300 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gemstone Mine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If Barry just doesn't make any time remnants to fight Savitar doesn't that just stop him from existing? This show is so confusing.

Time. Travel. Is. Fucking. Horrendous. 

And here we go 

13 hours ago, Gemstone Mine said:
  Hide contents

So am I the only one who is fully expecting the cheesy 'savitar didn't break barry, therefore barry never becomes savitar, therefore noooooooooooooo as savitar is unmade because he never existed?

I mean, they've got to explain away how barry beats savitar even though it's already been clearly established that barry is no where near as fast as savitar. Or is it something  about his suit maybe? Because it's already been show that savitar without his armor is not necessarily as fast as savitar in his armor (red lightning vs the white would indicate that). Maybe the savitar suit is one giant tachyon enhancer like barry used way back in late s2 to get fast enough to beat zoom? Barry dropped it as far as we know because after he went to the speed force he got fast enough without it that he didn't need it anymore, but maybe savitar found a way to make a new one that makes him even faster?

Also, shouldn't wally still be faster than barry (something they never bothered to explain away), because he was able to cross the same distance barry couldn't in time way back before he got locked in the speed force or something? or are we just ignoring the fact that apparently wally is the fastest man alive (discounting savitar)?

Point 1: Savitar already eliminated this theory by bringing up Thawne in Legends of Tomorrow and how he wasn't erased from existence by killing himself. Same deal here if Barry doesn't break. Even still, technically all that needs to happen is for Barry to create a time remnant for Savitar to be created. 

Point 2: It's most likely going to have to do with the suit. They brought up that Barry damaged it in this episode and it has been consistently referenced that Savitar needs the suit to survive (otherwise the static charge from his speed would kill him.) The suit prevents static charge from building up when Savitar uses his speed so w/o the suit, Savitar cannot likely use his speed to its fullest extent at the very least. 

I don't know if I remember exactly but I think that in the race with Barry, Wally drafted off of Barry's speed and it was the technique that got Wally fast enough to reach the speed necessary to save Iris. But don't quote me on that. Other than that, we have already seen how psychology in general can make speedsters faster or limit their speed so that would probably be a convenient enough explanation. 

10 hours ago, NB96 said:
  Hide contents

This show already went to shit the moment they made Zoom fall in love with Caitlin. Three times their big villain was a red herring. They even revealed Wells was the big bad in episode 1... why so soon?

The timeline is so confusing that they could just bring the Anti-Monitor to blow up the Universe as a solution for the viewers and I wouldn't mind at all.

I count Wells as a double reveal personally. Reveling Wells as the villain so soon let the writers play around with psychologically tormenting Barry and I personally think the interplay between the two was the best part of the season. They still had plenty of twists with the reveal of Thawne and the motivations behind his actions.

Agree on Zoom. More potential for them to kill him off halfway through season 2 while he was still a bad ass and then the second half the season just deal with the death flash that chased Thawne in legends of tomorrow as a way to pay for Barry fucking with the time line (they did it with a time wraith so why not that)  

9 hours ago, NB96 said:

Hide contents

If Barry just doesn't make any time remnants to fight Savitar doesn't that just stop him from existing? This show is so confusing.

Cisco essentially explained the time line is closed loop meaning there is no beginning or end. Since Savitar entered from another time line and created the closed loop, it just creates endless repetition. Hence why Savitar has said there is nothing that Barry can do to stop it since the nature of the closed loop will try to force things to happen according to plan (hence why Barry's attempts to change events and break the loop failed). 

No idea how the writiers will write their way out of this one. 

2 hours ago, Tygo said:

Time. Travel. Is. Fucking. Horrendous. 

Yes it is. 

i mean

i liked that they actually had the balls to kill off iris. and the stone reveal i didnt expect, i loved it.

but yea other than that i agree with francis

you know it's getting undone. Barry's already started travelling through time to fix a problem again, they're going to figure out how to undo it.

best thing in season 2 and 3. chose freedom over bs and broke cycle . sacrificed meat after calcifying energy. good philosophers stone and future past emo angle

9 hours ago, Gemstone Mine said:

Hide contents

you know it's getting undone. Barry's already started travelling through time to fix a problem again, they're going to figure out how to undo it.

yeah, they set it up when savitar said "the more you time travel the less the rules apply to you". Honestly though i really didnt exoect sav to bring out the stone and be like LOL IM INVINCIBLE DIE IRIS

tbh the song they put at the end makes me :sandals:

savitar has good scores

I'm five minutes in and I want to turn it off

I just fucked a hot pocket and now I am reading how to make nuclear fisssion with a stove and coconut oil

this is how messed up this season was. 

I think once you accepted they weren't going to kill off iris, that episode was very well handled imo.

The only part that frustrated me was that black flash was a embodyment of the speed force, in life the second fastest alive, in death just as fast if not more because of his direct connection to the speed force, and he gets chumped off instantly by running in a straight line by a meta who zoom beat before (well, e2 killer frost who had way more experience).

[\spoiler]

also, not only did they basically confirm devoe as next season's big bad, they implied heavily he's a telepath. Could be interesting.

12 hours ago, Gemstone Mine said:

Hide contents

I think once you accepted they weren't going to kill off iris, that episode was very well handled imo.

The only part that frustrated me was that black flash was a embodyment of the speed force, in life the second fastest alive, in death just as fast if not more because of his direct connection to the speed force, and he gets chumped off instantly by running in a straight line by a meta who zoom beat before (well, e2 killer frost who had way more experience).

[\spoiler]

but black flash is basically like an animal that acts entirely on instinct at this point, doesnt have a real mind of its own. savitar had enough brains not to run directly at frost whereas blackflash doesnt.

ending was good expansion on jlu brainiac moment. good emoness

thats like when leave bae ;; good score

in arrow related news

season fucking finale my ass

like, considering how shitty this season averaged, they were doing great up until the finale ended like 5 min before it should have.

still though, finale overall besides the bullshit ending was great. Them actually pulling the trigger on malcolm's death was surprising, and I liked it. Strong finish to an otherwise shitty season. Considering what they had to work with, I think it went well.

Like everything else this season though, they started off strong, great premise, then threw it all away on a fucking frustrating point. Literally nothing was resolved at the end.

Posted (edited)

Also re: Arrow finale: 

Hide contents

I think ending Arrow on a cliffhanger is fine, but obviously if Smallville has taught me anything, you have to be really careful when you do that because there's inherently a lot less tension in an episode at the beginning of a season compared to the end. I have a feeling that they might even have a time jump next season then have flashbacks for Season 6 showing what happened on the island and how the survivors survived (I doubt they're gonna kill off everyone.) I hope they don't go in that direction though.

I thought this season was fine overall, much better than season 4 and the end of season 3, at least. 

re: Flash finale:

Hide contents

I liked the finale, outside of H.R taking Iris's place not being hinted at in the previous episode, making it feel a bit too close to a Dues Ex Machina.

I wonder how long Barry's gonna be gone for. I sorta hope they don't bring him back too early since I'm interested in how they're gonna try to pull off Wally as The Flash. 

If the upcoming Titans series is linked to the Arrowverse I wouldn't even be surprised if they spent the first part of the season developing Wally, then bring back Barry and move Wally onto Titans. 

Edited by Mr Dragon

Anyone else think that storm at the end was a hint towards Godspeed? Or just a nod to the character without the intention of actually using him in the show?

they've already confirmed (basically) devoe as the next big bad, so even if they are pointing another way, they aren't going to use him likely at least for another season

the way I see this going is barry becomes in essence the new black flash, and eventually they find someone to take his place.

On 5/24/2017 at 6:34 AM, Gemstone Mine said:

Hide contents

also, not only did they basically confirm devoe as next season's big bad, they implied heavily he's a telepath. Could be interesting.

Yeah because its not like we already have a much more interesting telepath that also boasts a harambe skin