Dark Templar

What does DGz mean to you?

Dark Templar    246

Personally, due to certain things in life, any kind of 'escape' is really important to me. Can't really get through the day without them, and as a result DGz and its users mean a lot to me. Regardless of the fact you're all strangers and I've never spoken to 99% of you, you're all actually very important to me =) I hope some of you turn into lasting friends in the future.

After thinking about this I kinda wanted to tell you all that you're important but at the same time it made me curious as to what other people think about the site and what it does for them.

So, itt: what does DGz mean to you?

• Upvote 2

Grimey    8112

An outlet for all my pretty pictures

finally someone said it

• Upvote 1

Plsnobully    776

Honestly, there isn't much sentimental value like "you saved my life" or something that grandiose. I just like you all. 

Whether it's people in the Yugi forums spinning ideas for me to read. People in the anime forums talking about good shows and manga (Exiled - you da bess). And CSK is just mad neato, I get to post like I'm on Facebook but I have a cool avatar. Also you guys just brighten up my days. 

Plus I get to read stuff at work when I'm supposed to be working, free entertainment. 

skullvarnish    378

Well, I guess I've sort of been an outcast most of my life. So, a forum like this gives me a nice sense of community that I lack in real life. I originally posted exclusively on DNF. But at the end of 2013, DNF started to dramatically decrease in quality (what little quality it had). And that was also when I was trying to get more competitive in Yugioh. So, I finally decided to give DGz a shot. I enjoyed it, but I still only came around once and a while, and mostly lurked when I was around. 

Earlier this year, a lot was exposed about some DNF staff members, which I won't go into detail about. I quit my position as super moderator on DNF due to the things that were going on, and I leaked proof of things that went on that were not okay. Well, I sort of got shunned by the staff after that because I "couldn't be trusted". Well, whatever that's clearly a load.

So, I stopped going to DNF altogether. I come here a lot more often. I feel like I lost my home. I spent years on DNF. I was well-known, well liked, and respected by most. And the way I was treated after what happened felt like a spit in the face. Now, I know some may hate on me because it's like DGz is my "second choice" or that I'd prefer not to be here. But don't get the wrong idea, I love it here. I would have probably preferred that DNF not go the way it did, but if it hadn't, I may have never even come here and discovered how much I like it. I just hope now that this can be my new home. I enjoy how this forum operates. and the sense of community.

Sorry, I didn't really want it to get that serious, but that's what DGZ is to me. A new start. A chance to get better at the game I wish I didn't enjoy. A place where I can feel welcome.

• Upvote 3

Dank Memeston    1716

It is a place for me to ask questions and posts that 50% of the time people ignore but its OK because no one gives a shit.

Also pretty pitcturesdfs are neet

• Upvote 1

TFJ    618
Duelistground Z.

Kind of like a show where aliens battle to protect people. Only instead we use virtual cards and talk trash.
  • Upvote 2

website is bad    2170

i like to compartmentalize the shit i like and this place is basically my only place where i can care about yugioh.

some of you guys are okay too.

+Satchmo    3220

I just love everyone, even though I'm always alt tab

Lux    1558
I mostly just post in csk now since I quit YGO 3 years ago. While literal nobody knows who I am or cares about anything I have to say, I really do enjoy it here. It's really like a family for me, since I don't really have much in the way of family or loved ones irl. Fills a void that life lacks in some form or another I guess.

Faint    5723

i enjoy reading some of the debate stuff and post in the wrestling thread a little, other than that i dont really care for it

though i do use dgz to gloat when something happy happens

+Gojira    1706

Atm I guess I'm here because there are certain people I like interacting with.

I really enjoy team games, so the past format stuff is an added draw now.

Forlum    9162

my positive reputation

i check it multiple times a day

higher numbers (in all things) mean more fun, a better life 

to see my rep go up means that strangers love me and I have value

• Upvote 8

»Liquid Snake    4567

I mostly just post in csk now since I quit YGO 3 years ago. While literal nobody knows who I am or cares about anything I have to say, I really do enjoy it here. It's really like a family for me, since I don't really have much in the way of family or loved ones irl. Fills a void that life lacks in some form or another I guess.

You're the guy that won an SJC then topped nats then tried to use a credit card on a bus.

• Upvote 1

Forlum    9162

okay so here is secret insight into how i evaluate a joke

is the joke unique or surprising? i feel that is an important element of humor. know what has come before you, and build upon that. don't dip into the same tired well without tryna to change it up
is your timing good? look, everybody is gonna rush to make a joke first, but being the first to make a shit joke is at best forgettable. don't do it for the rep, do it at the appropriate time that will make you and hopefully others laugh the most.
as touched upon above, do what you think is funny first and foremost. 

having said all this, wonderswan you're uh hitting some well-treaded territory there but you approached an innocuous comment with the dual combo of funny weird image + running joke baseline and people will have to think for a second and I like that. Not wholly and totally but it wasn't bad.

7/10

• Upvote 2

+rei+    34503
... yes lets make calling chris Wonderswann a thing.
  • Upvote 1