Raylulz

Blackwings

Raylulz    1778

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktg5ddjphc4

With all the Arc-V shiz about going back to 5ds days and Crow coming back and the upcoming release (Whenever we get it) of strix has me kinda excited to play Blackwings. I've been testing this with the new support since list was announced and this is what I've come down with. It has bee working extremely well in my testing but there's always room for improvement and I'm open and looking for suggestion trying to fit some more considered cards in the main like 3rd icarus and such as well as Exciton/Black Rose in the extra since I have no board wipers. I've done most of my testing irl and DN and the only real issue is the occasional brick or rogue it has been winning otherwise give or take an occasional loss to the mentioned problems. I will be hopefully running this at the NY regional this weekend.

dAqUMlh.png

Main Deck

2 Blackwing Blizzard

3 Blackwing Bora

3 Blackwing Gale

3 Blackwing Kalut

3 Blackwing Kris

1 Blackwing Oroshi

2 Blackwing Pinaki

3 Blackwing Shura

1 Blackwing Sirocco

1 Blackwing Zephyros

1 Allure

3 Black Whirlwind

2 Lance

2 Duality

1 Raigeki

1 Soul Charge

2 Fiendish Chain

2 Icarus Attack

2 Mirror Force

1 Ring of Destruction

1 Vanity

SIde Deck

2 Kycoo

2 Maxx C

1 Rai-oh

3 MST

3 Anti Spell

2 Decree

2 Trap Stun

Extra Deck

1 Beelze

1 Rose Moonlight

2 Nothung

1 Armed Wing

1 Armor Master

2 Joe

1 Crimson Blader

1 Goyo

1 Vulcan

1 Cowboy

1 Zerofyne

1 Key Beetle

1 Rhapsody

I wanted to play just one sirocco for the initial board power gain which can be game ending or used to get over beaters when no other option is available. Nothing else really to say about him I guess.

I like 3 gale but I've been seeing people play 2 but I honestly like him at 3 not sure why you wouldn't max out on him since he will basically get over any threat himself or assist in helping the other BW you control in doing so. He opens the door to 7's usually and less occasional 6's and even less 8's.

Blizzard provides great synergy with Pinaka gaining you a search if you have others to sync with but alone he is great all by himself. He is essentially a walking synchro opening the door to summoning Nothung who can inflict damage, decrease attack, and give you an additional normal summon which is sometimes very helpful to ending the game or gaining a proper black whirlwind search if you don't want to waste it on blizzard.

Kris acts as a Bora in most ways in terms of special summoning. You can Normal Kris with Whirlwind currently on board to get a bora search and if you have another Kris you can basically go crazy with the summoning and searching once we get strix the Blackwing/Raidraptor version of GGX. Along with being a big 1900 beater he is also a walking immunity to spell and trap destruction. So he is the perfect walk around to mirror force which creates powerful plays when paired with Sirocco transferring all the attack to Kris and not needing to worry about a mirror force ruining your game shot.

Like Stated earlier Pinaki is great when paired with a synchro play. He can be summoned via Shura or Normal'd if you have a play and want to go into something like Joe or if you can Nothung who can gain you an additional summon to use whirlwind to its advantage instead of on pinaki or Joe can even get a previously destroyed Nothung and you can continue that play from there. Pinakis real power is in adding any blackwing card you need to your hand which can set you up later or just add a kalut and smile.

I've considered and have gone back and forth with Vayu and Oroshi but I settled with Oroshi because I find more application in him. Vayu has cute 2 synchro combo plays but oroshi feels safer and less dead as well as being searchable and immediately usable. You can special him like most of the other wings. With a Nothung on board you can special oroshi and make Joe who will get back your Nothung so you essentially got a free second monster which along with that combo being safer than vayu and him being dead allows for burn damage, attack decrease, additional summons, and blackwing protection. Oroshi can be used in other ways as well but this is mainly his deal along with making other cards when available opportunities show like Beelze

I'm maining lances as opposed to MST's to help with Shura as well as making sure my plays go through. Without many floodgates to worry about I felt this was safer to do and lance has more use in the Nekroz match up than MST does.

Icarus/Fiendish are both cards I want to max out on but I settled on two. Without too much to worry about on icarus in terms of expected Nekroz matches I really can only pop monsters which may or may not be the best option depending. Against everything else icarus rocks pretty hard and fiendish is fiendish which I can reuse with Zephy.

I main one vanity still because of Key beetle lock is my djinn lock if needed which helps vs infernoids and nekroz.

Moonlight Rose assists in clearing the board I feel in a more positive way he can bounce back cards and avoid destruction like effects and he becomes a threat if left on board.

Crimson Blader is here to help keep special summoning control in my favor if needed but 8's aren't always common right now so he is fair game to be taken out as the Key beetle lock pops up more than this.

Cowboy for game with the amass damage you can throw on board and Nothungs damage infliction it helps end the game early.

Zerofyne helps clear out cards with problematic effects and can be brought up to a really high attack. Once dead she can be tributed with icarus.

Rhapsody for Infernoids, Nekroz, Tellars, etc

Beelze if just a funny card that tends to be problematic to the opponent, it's also a very uncommon thing that is brought out.

• Upvote 5

Raylulz    1778
Yeah or brd. I need to fit one or the other In and I think the only real option that id consider taking out is crimson blader.

Farbuckle    34

I really like the concepts you have with your extra deck even if space is pretty tight. I know that Joe and Nothung are great cards but do you really need 2 of each of those? If you need 2 of any of those, I'd say 2 Joe since this deck makes 7's in it's sleep. Black rose is a must, you absolutely need it. Diamond Dire Wolf and Exciton could be good as well.

Have you considered using crush card? Of course you may need to add some more targets. Maybe another Oroshi or even Gladius.

mercurial `    222

Crush card is really bad imo. Like, the whole power of the deck comes from its pressure and ability to apply consistent pressure through beaters and extra deck plays that allow for you to maintain tempo and resources with black whirlwind. So, even though you get really awesome results from CCV, it lets them not care about your pressure for basically three turns, with you being forced to use it on their turn. Not only that, but you then have to play more sub optimal cards that only work when you have the 1 of CCV or combo to make use of them. So I dont think that losing consistency and using suboptimal cards to make the 1 of CCV live is not worth it. 

• Upvote 2

Nice to see another blackwing player excited to be playing!!!! 

i've been running this about a week with different changes

3 kris

3 Shura

3 Kalut

3 Bora

2 Gale

2 Blizzard

1 Pinoko

1 Zephyros

3 Whirldwind

2 Pot of duality

2 mystical space

1 raigeki

1 mind control 

1 allure 

1 cards of bad feather( idunno card is somethings but most of the times i would prefer mirror or fiendish)

3 Icarus

2 Anti Spell Fragance

2 Fiendish Chain

1 solemn warning

1 vanity's

1 bottomless 

1 compulsory.

I like my ratios except the blackfeather prolly will be getting the boot. main runs really good, my extra is lot different since mine doens't really synchro lv 8....... 

1 blackrose

2 nothing

1 joe

1 blackarmor master

1 goyo

1 armor wing

1 caster

1 exciton  

1 cowboy

1 ice(winged beast bro)

1 rhasody 

1 silent ark

1 abyss dweller 

1 master key beetle

i have found out blizzard just doens't cut it anymore, a good player how to play against blackwing and a crucial maxxcc or veiler on your comback is devastating. anti spell slows them down if they let us go first, if we go second  i have mystical pot to assure that bw + whirldwind open. another thing i did like about the deck is the different lv8 approach but i think those plays will just get stopped easily. however i did like mirror force on the deck i just need space. 

mercurial `    222

3 kris

3 Shura

3 Kalut

3 Bora

2 Gale

2 Blizzard

1 Pinoko

1 Zephyros

3 Whirldwind

2 Pot of duality

2 mystical space

1 raigeki

1 mind control 

1 allure 

1 cards of bad feather( idunno card is somethings but most of the times i would prefer mirror or fiendish)

3 Icarus

2 Anti Spell Fragance

2 Fiendish Chain

1 solemn warning

1 vanity's

1 bottomless 

1 compulsory.

I like my ratios except the blackfeather prolly will be getting the boot. main runs really good, my extra is lot different since mine doens't really synchro lv 8....... 

1 blackrose

2 nothing

1 joe

1 blackarmor master

1 goyo

1 armor wing

1 caster

1 exciton  

1 cowboy

1 ice(winged beast bro)

1 rhasody 

1 silent ark

1 abyss dweller 

1 master key beetle

i have found out blizzard just doens't cut it anymore, a good player how to play against blackwing and a crucial maxxcc or veiler on your comback is devastating. anti spell slows them down if they let us go first, if we go second  i have mystical pot to assure that bw + whirldwind open. another thing i did like about the deck is the different lv8 approach but i think those plays will just get stopped easily. however i did like mirror force on the deck i just need space. 

Ok so ive got a few questions for you. Ive been playing the deck a good bit since the format changed, and i want to know a) how 3 icarus is treating you and why you choose to play 3 icaurs, b) why CED over a trap like TT, c) why you cut gale to 2, d) how the maindeck MSTs are, and e) how mind control has been testing for you. 

Now, why i pose these questions. 

a) I feel as though Icarus is a really solid card, but the only way you get net benefit from it is if you have pinaki (who sucks to draw and have to leave on board). Now, i also dont really think that you honestly ever want to see two icarus at the same time, especially given the fact that the only way you get a literal transition of value from it is through tributing pinaki, which results in a +1 for you, otherwise it is a 0. 

b) I get that compulsory is a solid trap, but im not really sure what cards i want to be sending back to someone's hand. Like, maybe i want to send back an XYZ that say Satellar or FF makes, but at that point, i think i would rather just have the TT and keep them from making the summon in the first place. 

c) Basically Gale, although it can be clunky at times at 3, is pretty freaking amazing as a card and outs basically anything 2600 and under, and if you have another blackwing, it pretty much outs any sort of threat someone can put on board. not to mention it outs the most standard of djinn locks and most other threats that can be put on board currently (Thunder king and Denko Sekka come to mind). its just too good of a card to not be played at three in my opinion. 

d) I dont really feel as though 3 Icarus + 2 MST is REALLY necessary in the main deck, id rather them be something that can deal with monster threats that have to be dealt with on my opponent's turn. 

e) If you arent playing level 8s, or rank 3s, what are you using mind control for...? i feel like it isnt really worth the spot in the current gamestate, at least not against the most relevant decks or decks that blackwings have trouble with. Again, i feel as though it should be a card that can deal with threats before they threaten my tempo/control of the game. Mind Control is a card that yes, it gives me tempo and can 'steal games', but that does no good when Im holding it in my hand and they kill me. 

Now, as for CfBF, i think its a crucial card that allows you to dig deeper for your win conditions, Whirlwind+traps. And you run more than enough monsters to support it. Maybe its just personal preference though, i personally like the card. 

Raylulz    1778

I really like the concepts you have with your extra deck even if space is pretty tight. I know that Joe and Nothung are great cards but do you really need 2 of each of those? If you need 2 of any of those, I'd say 2 Joe since this deck makes 7's in it's sleep. Black rose is a must, you absolutely need it. Diamond Dire Wolf and Exciton could be good as well.

Have you considered using crush card? Of course you may need to add some more targets. Maybe another Oroshi or even Gladius.

Crush card is really bad imo. Like, the whole power of the deck comes from its pressure and ability to apply consistent pressure through beaters and extra deck plays that allow for you to maintain tempo and resources with black whirlwind. So, even though you get really awesome results from CCV, it lets them not care about your pressure for basically three turns, with you being forced to use it on their turn. Not only that, but you then have to play more sub optimal cards that only work when you have the 1 of CCV or combo to make use of them. So I dont think that losing consistency and using suboptimal cards to make the 1 of CCV live is not worth it. 

I'm not entirely a huge fan of CCV with its new errata and it only being truly effective in the nekroz match up. Everything that mercurial suggests is how I feel about the card basically and if I were to play it it would probably be sided instead of mained.

I had actually played with Gladius and he's also a decent card to play with his interaction with pinaki so he wouldn't be a terrible add if you were considering CCV. Play whirlwind normal pinaki and if you don't have gladius you can search him with whirlwind but if you do you can special him then synchro for nothung do 800 and gain an additional normal summon to utilize your whirlwind search properly and also get an endphase pinaki search. Combine that play with an Oroshi to synchro with Nothung to make Joe who will then bring back Nothung and that presents a strong play. Gladius deserves more thought I think but I personally don't play him.

Raylulz    1778

3 kris

3 Shura

3 Kalut

3 Bora

2 Gale

2 Blizzard

1 Pinoko

1 Zephyros

3 Whirldwind

2 Pot of duality

2 mystical space

1 raigeki

1 mind control 

1 allure 

3 Icarus

2 Anti Spell Fragance

2 Fiendish Chain

1 solemn warning

1 vanity's

1 bottomless 

1 compulsory.

1 blackrose

2 nothing

1 joe

1 blackarmor master

1 goyo

1 armor wing

1 caster

1 exciton  

1 cowboy

1 ice(winged beast bro)

1 rhasody 

1 silent ark

1 abyss dweller 

1 master key beetle

I can respect your choice for Gale at two but at three is preference for me along with what mercurial says it can provide a lot of cover for a lot of issues that currently are present in the game which blackwing present a number of outs to so why not take the risk?

Pinaki at one is also a fine choice since he will always be in play in the graveyard for some play with blizzard bringing him back to sync with a different monster I suppose. 

I don't feel mind control and mst deserve the main deck slot at this current moment. I don't feel you'll get enough out of mind control aside from clearing the board for a game shot which isn't really needed I feel. I choose to side the msts in fear of having dead cards against Nekroz a match up where I'd rather risk running Lance over mst since it can be used against an array of decks while mst is near useless in one of the more common match ups your bound to play against.

I'm just not really a fan of the black feathers draw card. Especially since we run duality, allure, and whirlwind you're already bound to open something to the point where you'll have a playable hand I'd rather not risk banishing one of the wings I may or may not need to push for game or help get around something when allure already takes one from me.

I can respect ASF for the nekroz.

Do you not like mirror force? Or do you just prefer to run reactive cards? I feel the mirror force is important in matchups the rely on big swings like the rogue yosenju decks and its just great in general to help wipe the board and push next turn.

Dweller is something I wish I could fit in for my BA matchup but it's so tight.

captainameowica    3770

cut armed wing and hawk joe. you'll never need to make 2 hawk joe as the one you will summon will typically result in an otk and armed wing does nothing except pierce for you. sure you can say it outs dante but nothung does the exact same thing, burns your opponent, and allows for another normal summon which in turn promotes more pushing.

• Upvote 1

captainameowica    3770

also through testing i'd like to mention that satellarknight and burning abyss are really difficult match ups for this deck

leon;    14

i'm very interested in how the soul charge has been working for you - what are you usually using it to do? just re-establish a board? or for game shots like nothung+cowboy and shenanigans like that?

also - i don't see very much point in running rhapsody without CCV. i suppose that his retiari effect is useful but i think that a dweller would be better in that spot. i'm also not a huge fan of vulcan because i already run castel and 101. finding room for black rose dragon is key though, imo.

i really like the lances. especially with mirror force and fiendish gaining popularity this format.

satellar is actually very very tough lol, triver into that diamond core guy with protection is almost impossible to comeback from. a few things i wanted to discuss with you guys

about my choices.

2 gale= After further testing the deck, card is insane only reason i cut it is b/c i had never ever needed the third one and it's always searchable. 3 clogged way to much.

MindControl = Guys, this deck can otk out of no where. on my build, even though  ican't make synchro lv8 nor xyz 3, it's still a card that allow you to otk and push for game or black rose xyz or synchro to get rid of the threat

3 icarus= you guys are absolutely correct, the more i play with the card, the more i get depressed because good players play around way to easy to make u you it an minus yourself, although spell fragrance + icarus going first is pretty nutty. cosidering cutitng the 3rd for a mirror force.

2 mst = nobody agrees on this, i was iffy at first but going second mst is needed to make that first push because we all now if the first summmon is stopped, most likely you will lose the game. i actually like lance in here so that i will be testing out instead of mst.

1 compulsory = honest to god, only reason i run this card is because of shadoll. shadoll is also a very tough matchup.

As to mirror force, we need them i just can't seem to find space. cards of black feather i'm still iffy on. it's a card when sometimes it's amazing and sometimes you look at it and which it was some sort of defensive trap.

also guys, blackwing armed w/e, dude sucks. has never been summoned. on my part, i'm only running one joe and master for the shenanigans. 

also,  torrential is never used in bw, because we always have field presence. if we don't, a well timed torrential can put you back in the game, but your still losing and this deck just loses power in topdecking mode. i want cards that help me maintain field presence.

things that i want to test out

mirror force, lances(really nice idea with all those mirror forces and fiendish running around),

Another thing, has anybody thought about burning trap cards such as ring/cease/magic cylinder/justdeserts? make a quick push for about 4000(which this deck can quite easily and then just finish it them with the traps.  something gimicky i thought of.

SerpentLord    202

Hey, been lurking this topic so just thought I should post my build. It's based off of what most of the OCG lists are looking like right now and I think they've been doing it right for the most part. I'm currently 40-2 with this on DN right now. I have the deck built irl as well but I have yet to bring it out at my locals.

3 Kris

3 Shura

3 Bora

1 Zephyros

3 Kalut 

3 Gale

1 Blizzard

2 Pinaki

1 Gladius

1 Oroshi

3 Black Whirlwind

3 MST

1 Allure

1 Raigeki

3 Icarus Attack

3 Fiendish Chain

1 Bottomless

1 Compulsory

1 Ring Of Destruction

1 Vanity's Emptiness

1 Armades

2 Nothung

1 Vulcan

1 Armor Master

1 Hawk Joe

1 Black Rose 

1 Black Rose Moonlight

1 Yazi

1 Castel

1 Exciton

1 Zerofyne

1 Cowboy

1 Key Beetle

1 Ragnazero

3 Flying "C"

3 ASF

3 Breakthrough Skill

3 Imperial Iron Wall

3 Royal Command

Monsters: 21 seems to be the minimal amount right now. I could cut a Shura to make it 20 but I still think he's better than ever for getting his effect off thanks to 3 Kalut and 3 Gale. I cut the 2nd Blizzard for Gladius to enable the OTK/Hawk Joe + Nothung play easier off of a Normal Summon when Black Whirlwind is up and I usually search Blizzard off of Pinaki or Black Whirwind anyway. I noticed way back in the day, when Gale was Unlimited like it is now, it was actually standard to be running a 3 Gale/1 Blizzard ratio so I don't feel too bad about it. I didn't see anyone explaining the OTK/main play this deck has now so I figured I should do that:

Hand: Kalut, Gale/Blizzard, Black Whirlwind

NS Kalut, search either Gale or Blizzard off of Black Whirlwind depending on what was in your hand (most likely Blizzard), SS Gale, shrink something, SS Nothung, burn and shrink further, NS Blizzard thanks to Nothung, revive Kalut and search Oroshi, SS Armades with Blizzard and Kalut, SS Oroshi, synch for Hawk Joe with Nothung and Oroshi, switch something to ATK/DEF if you wish with Oroshi eff, Hawk Joe revives Nothung and attack

That's 8100 on an opening and pretty much game if you factor in whether the opponent has been poked before, took damage from your or their own Ring or if you even have some more Kalut in hand. The alternative to getting that play started is NS Pinaki or Gale, search Gladius, SS Gladius, go Nothung and then follow it up with any other Blackwing Normal Summon to search Oroshi. Won't be an OTK but still big damage and you can get really creative from there. The coolest part about doing it that way with Pinaki is the neat search at the End Phase for a follow up or Kalut protection if you didn't end the game there.

Spells: 3 MST in the main because I'm not just playing against Nekroz every game and I really think Blackwings should be going second for the extra card so MST helps snipe Fire Lake/Steeds or just straight up denies my opponent a back row. No Pot Of Duality because I think it's a little slow right now outside of going first and opening with it. I feel like the deck has evolved past the whole slow Kalut beat grind style of play too. I've yet to see an OCG build running Pot Of Duality in the deck since the new support so maybe I'm right on that.

Traps: 3 Icarus Attack and 3 Fiendish Chain being pretty standard. I'm running Compulsory and Bottomless because I noticed almost every OCG list was running them both and they're easy for me to side out of and flexible g1. I was thinking about cutting those for 2 Black Sonic but we'll see. Ring Of Destruction is mandatory in this deck since the free removal and burn can cost them the game if I put together the Hawk Joe/Nothung play and makes my life easier as far as putting my bigger combo together since I won't have to complete the full OTK variant of the combo before going off.

Extra Deck: 2 Nothung because sometimes I'll bait with 1 before going off or not end the game with my Hawk Joe combo, have it be completely disrupted, and fall back on the 2nd to get something going. All the good Level 7 Synchros for the toolbox with Gale. Armor Master is there for those times where I pull Pinaki out off of Shura and I want to synch 7 for an End Phase search but I don't want to waste my Hawk Joe. He also helps sometimes with making Honest reads and against other random rogue stuff like Bujins. The Rank 4 stuff is incredibly standard. I have Ragnazero there for now since Fire Fist is a little popular at the moment.

Side Deck: I side a lot of 3s just because I like actually seeing my sides when I play and I don't side heavily for any specific matchup. 3 Flying "C" for Burning Abyss mainly and anything that relies on XYZ heavily. 3 ASF for Nekroz. 3 Imperial Iron Wall for Nekroz, Ritual Beast and Infernoids. 3 Royal Command for Shaddolls. 3 Breakthrough Skill for Satellarknights and Yosenju, which I know sounds weird but it can stop Tellars' End Phase COTH shenanigans and I needed something for Yosenjus. I could see myself replacing it with Light-Imprisoning Mirror since it helps against Burning Abyss too and I don't have too much to side against them.

Let me know what you think. 

captainameowica    3770

Hey, been lurking this topic so just thought I should post my build. It's based off of what most of the OCG lists are looking like right now and I think they've been doing it right for the most part. I'm currently 40-2 with this on DN right now. I have the deck built irl as well but I have yet to bring it out at my locals.

3 Kris

3 Shura

3 Bora

1 Zephyros

3 Kalut 

3 Gale

1 Blizzard

2 Pinaki

1 Gladius

1 Oroshi

3 Black Whirlwind

3 MST

1 Allure

1 Raigeki

3 Icarus Attack

3 Fiendish Chain

1 Bottomless

1 Compulsory

1 Ring Of Destruction

1 Vanity's Emptiness

1 Armades

2 Nothung

1 Vulcan

1 Armor Master

1 Hawk Joe

1 Black Rose 

1 Black Rose Moonlight

1 Yazi

1 Castel

1 Exciton

1 Zerofyne

1 Cowboy

1 Key Beetle

1 Ragnazero

3 Flying "C"

3 ASF

3 Breakthrough Skill

3 Imperial Iron Wall

3 Royal Command

Monsters: 21 seems to be the minimal amount right now. I could cut a Shura to make it 20 but I still think he's better than ever for getting his effect off thanks to 3 Kalut and 3 Gale. I cut the 2nd Blizzard for Gladius to enable the OTK/Hawk Joe + Nothung play easier off of a Normal Summon when Black Whirlwind is up and I usually search Blizzard off of Pinaki or Black Whirwind anyway. I noticed way back in the day, when Gale was Unlimited like it is now, it was actually standard to be running a 3 Gale/1 Blizzard ratio so I don't feel too bad about it. I didn't see anyone explaining the OTK/main play this deck has now so I figured I should do that:

Hand: Kalut, Gale/Blizzard, Black Whirlwind

NS Kalut, search either Gale or Blizzard off of Black Whirlwind depending on what was in your hand (most likely Blizzard), SS Gale, shrink something, SS Nothung, burn and shrink further, NS Blizzard thanks to Nothung, revive Kalut and search Oroshi, SS Armades with Blizzard and Kalut, SS Oroshi, synch for Hawk Joe with Nothung and Oroshi, switch something to ATK/DEF if you wish with Oroshi eff, Hawk Joe revives Nothung and attack

That's 8100 on an opening and pretty much game if you factor in whether the opponent has been poked before, took damage from your or their own Ring or if you even have some more Kalut in hand. The alternative to getting that play started is NS Pinaki or Gale, search Gladius, SS Gladius, go Nothung and then follow it up with any other Blackwing Normal Summon to search Oroshi. Won't be an OTK but still big damage and you can get really creative from there. The coolest part about doing it that way with Pinaki is the neat search at the End Phase for a follow up or Kalut protection if you didn't end the game there.

Spells: 3 MST in the main because I'm not just playing against Nekroz every game and I really think Blackwings should be going second for the extra card so MST helps snipe Fire Lake/Steeds or just straight up denies my opponent a back row. No Pot Of Duality because I think it's a little slow right now outside of going first and opening with it. I feel like the deck has evolved past the whole slow Kalut beat grind style of play too. I've yet to see an OCG build running Pot Of Duality in the deck since the new support so maybe I'm right on that.

Traps: 3 Icarus Attack and 3 Fiendish Chain being pretty standard. I'm running Compulsory and Bottomless because I noticed almost every OCG list was running them both and they're easy for me to side out of and flexible g1. I was thinking about cutting those for 2 Black Sonic but we'll see. Ring Of Destruction is mandatory in this deck since the free removal and burn can cost them the game if I put together the Hawk Joe/Nothung play and makes my life easier as far as putting my bigger combo together since I won't have to complete the full OTK variant of the combo before going off.

Extra Deck: 2 Nothung because sometimes I'll bait with 1 before going off or not end the game with my Hawk Joe combo, have it be completely disrupted, and fall back on the 2nd to get something going. All the good Level 7 Synchros for the toolbox with Gale. Armor Master is there for those times where I pull Pinaki out off of Shura and I want to synch 7 for an End Phase search but I don't want to waste my Hawk Joe. He also helps sometimes with making Honest reads and against other random rogue stuff like Bujins. The Rank 4 stuff is incredibly standard. I have Ragnazero there for now since Fire Fist is a little popular at the moment.

Side Deck: I side a lot of 3s just because I like actually seeing my sides when I play and I don't side heavily for any specific matchup. 3 Flying "C" for Burning Abyss mainly and anything that relies on XYZ heavily. 3 ASF for Nekroz. 3 Imperial Iron Wall for Nekroz, Ritual Beast and Infernoids. 3 Royal Command for Shaddolls. 3 Breakthrough Skill for Satellarknights and Yosenju, which I know sounds weird but it can stop Tellars' End Phase COTH shenanigans and I needed something for Yosenjus. I could see myself replacing it with Light-Imprisoning Mirror since it helps against Burning Abyss too and I don't have too much to side against them.

Let me know what you think. 

your rationale for a lot of your choices is "oh because the ocg does it" like i'm sure you realize that the tcg and ocg meta is completely different so things that are effective in the ocg won't always correlate to tcg.

"back in the day" it was still standard to play 3 gale 2 blizzard. i wouldn't play anything less than 2 blizzard honestly considering the card enables nothung to help promote more pushing/otks.

lack of pot of duality/cards for black feathers boils down to player preference. i personally play both and enjoy seeing them at any point of the game. i've watched people from duelistgroundz play with this deck and they complain about how they didn't see X card or X card was a turn away. playing pot of duality/cards for black feathers will actually help to alleviate this problem and let you dig deeper into your deck, not to mention lets you dig for a 2nd whirlwind or anti spell fragrance/vanity/etc...

also i'd still play 2 gagaga cowboy but that's just me

• Upvote 1