Sign in to follow this  
Urthor

Perfect Circle Rotation (Jun-Jul 2015)

»ACP    33410

And if you think that's as degenerate as the format gets just wait until I play something like this in a war duel:

sWxhu4T.png

• Upvote 2

+Urthor    10210

oh god pls no

You're acting like this is even the fifth time something like this has happened

+Gojira    1706

FYI if anyone is looking at Allen's list, Giant trunade is actually limited.

»ACP    33410

My bad. The deck doesn't even need 2 trunade anyways.

»InfusionsCap    766

Just curious, why is Gold Sarc going to be legal and CCV will not be?  If I remember correctly, they were both only out as an SJC prize card at the time of this format.  I'm not suggesting that Gold Sarc and CCV are even close in terms of power level, but if the ban on CCV is due to it not being available to the masses at the time, shouldn't the same restriction be placed on Gold Sarc?  If anything, wouldn't banning Gold Sarc be a good thing, as it would take another tutor away from decks like DDT and Necroface?

+Gemstone Mine    2596

Pretty sure ccv makes every format it's involved in shitty tbh, thats why. Gold sarc not so much, so we are at the very least trial running it.

»InfusionsCap    766

Pretty sure ccv makes every format it's involved in shitty tbh, thats why. Gold sarc not so much, so we are at the very least trial running it.

So, when we do the Tele-DAD format one day do we plan to ban CCV in that as well?  It was a big part of the archtype, and many players consider that to be an amazing format.  I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just really not seeing the difference.  It seems like we're setting up to have a double standard on cards that will lead to nothing but conflicts in future formats.  

What I'm suggesting is that if something is going to be banned from a format it needs to be because it was not available to the masses at the time, not because it could potentially be "too good."  I believe it needs to be the same across the board, for every card, in every format.  If the plan is to not include CCV, then Gold Sarc should not be included either.  In my opinion, it needs to be both, or neither, for the sake of standardizing what we do and creating some consistency.  

If the powers that be disagree, that's fine, I just thought I would mention it.

»ACP    33410

CCV-ban in PCM is a power level ban more than an availability ban.

CCV wasn't even that good in TeleDAD mirrors. It was pretty rare to see it be more than a +1 in mirrors. It was more of a hedge against the GB, LS, and TKR-based decks in the format. Considering a power level ban in TeleDAD is kinda silly to begin with, since the deck was basically a pile of broken cards. There a lot of things that I would be more worried about in that format than CCV.

+Gemstone Mine    2596

Teledad wasn't really sanctioned though, it came about before we decided to try to begin modding older formats slighly to better them (oppression being the exception because it absolutely ruined the format in all sense of the word), and the consensus since is just to play with dustshoot and ccv legal because they aren't even the end all be all of teledad. It's rare for the cards to be an absolutely blow out, and because of the fact that most of your draw fodder doubles as actual plays and slides under ccv, it's not uncommon for a ccv to do literally nothing besides reveal oppponents hand, and they still get to play the game. From my brief experience with pcm tho, most decks literally cannot operate under ccv, because everything you use to do anything besides dick around sits in ccv range. at the very least, you lack any sort of power play for the next 3 turns while your opponent gets to do everything they want.

»Tygo    14119

I started during this format and was terrible. Let's see what's improved if anything. Also, Hydrogeddon <3

Model    864

What were the dates this format was live for? September 2007 to March 2008?

+Urthor    10210

Dark Armed Dragon was printed on the 26th of January 08, so it ended then pretty much.

idk when it started but we're playing with Ladd so yea

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Gojira    1706

Basically the format is pre Jan. 26 subtract Crush Card Virus

Grimey    8113

i'm suggesting this legitimately for the benefit of the old format warring section - we should rotate to pcm this month instead of next month

goat format has become very blatantly boring for myself and many other individuals I have talked to as you can tell by the inactivity in wars 

• Upvote 3

+Gemstone Mine    2596

Agreed, goats is kinda boring after this time, I was honestly considering seeing if future wars for the rest of the month would be pcm instead of goats

Jazz    5322
Maybe you guys just suck at goat?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Grimey    8113

idk if you're trying to be funny or not but right now would be a great time to tell you that you make sub optimal plays at least twice every duel and that you're not as good as you hype yourself up to be 

• Upvote 3

Jazz    5322

idk if you're trying to be funny or not but right now would be a great time to tell you that you make sub optimal plays at least twice every duel and that you're not as good as you hype yourself up to be 
Being completely serious

Ok. That's an Ironic statement coming from Grimey and pos repped by Gemstone Mine:
-21.5161635760361 0 2 Gemstone Mine
-22.708248087846307 1 4 Nelrick
-22.781288670741695 0 2 Mazen2892
-28.318299434147647 0 3 Tygo
-44.70990893143524 1 6 Grimey
  • Downvote 2

Sign in to follow this