Sign in to follow this  
Urthor

Perfect Circle Rotation (Jun-Jul 2015)

+Gemstone Mine    2590

your actually just retarded

cograts, I'm break even on games in a format I've hardly ever played. Still doesn't change the fact that there aren't any wars going on, and its due to the format already being stale. I don't know if you think your some kind of goats god, but your ego right now is causing dgz some server lag right now.

• Upvote 3

Grimey    8112

You can show me all of those scores and it still won't mean anything partially because I didn't claim to be superior to you (I am, by the way), and partially because I lost 5/6 of those games to first turn Duo's without Serpent, two of which hit my Greed and all of which were coupled by game breaking hands on my opponent's sides. 

I can come up with as many excuses as I can but at the end of the day you're still wrong because you're a lot worse than you think you are while I'm aware that I'm an average player. 

• Upvote 2

Grimey    8112

Anyways this isn't about your petty feelings and huge ego. 

Urthor this wasn't just a suggestion it was a demand because I actually care. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    5113

cograts, I'm break even on games in a format I've hardly ever played. Still doesn't change the fact that there aren't any wars going on, and its due to the format already being stale. I don't know if you think your some kind of goats god, but your ego right now is causing dgz some server lag right now.

Cool. You sound like a qualified person to get advice on goats then. I should shut up, my input doesn't matter at all since I'm actually retarded. Thanks for the info

Also these facts apparently don't matter:
1. The PCM DCS has 12 people left after a week
2. We have all been fighting and scheduling our wars under the assumption that May is for goats
3. Many goat wars are simply already complete and people have no desire or time to fit in a rematch
4. Goats is the most popular retro format
5. It's finals month in North America so everyone is incredibly busy and it would actually be more fun to start a new format in June

+Gojira    1706

Guys, let's not discuss our goat e-peens

I think shortening the format rotations is something that should be considered, but also might not be necessary. This is a shitty time for activity anyway because of school season, and many people have barely started testing PC format.

However goats is undoubtedly stale for many people as well.

The main reason I think the rotations should be shortened is actually for PC format. The DCS has shown that interest is not as high as expected, and it might benefit the forum to get to Edison faster.

+Gemstone Mine    2590

Cool. You sound like a qualified person to get advice on goats then. I should shut up, my input doesn't matter at all since I'm actually retarded. Thanks for the info

Also these facts apparently don't matter:
1. The PCM DCS has 12 people left after a week
2. We have all been fighting and scheduling our wars under the assumption that May is for goats
3. Many goat wars are simply already complete and people have no desire or time to fit in a rematch
4. Goats is the most popular retro format
5. It's finals month in North America so everyone is incredibly busy and it would actually be more fun to start a new format in June

I never said i was giving advice on goats, or that you should take it. This has literally nothing to do with goats itself.

1. Horribly scheduled tourament, right at the end of finals/semseter

2. Really? I have yet to see a team that deliberately schedule their war schedule specifically around playing goats in may. It's pretty much just do we have time for a war y/n, ok lets play

3. This one is incredibly irrelevant, just finish all current wars as goats unless the two sides agree to pcm, then all future wars are now pcm format

4. Exactly. Goats has been played to death. There's a reason why the edison tourmanent got more activity than goats has in a while, because most people are fucking sick of playing goats.

5. I don't even know how this is a rebuttal. People with time will play now, people without time can play in june. How does finals month affect the fun of a new format?

+Gemstone Mine    2590

Honestly, I'm in the get the pcm format out of the way as fast as possible boat, I have a suspicion it's going to die out pretty quickly, but goats has been beaten to death, there aren't many people left in the forum who really want to play goats. The best way to play this is just to switch to pcm now to try to sustain that as long as possible, then switch to edison before august when people start going back to school, instead of starting edison in august when people are giong to be busy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jazz    5113
"I don't like goats, I started playing yugioh in a different era, I'm bored"

Ok let's just listen to you then.

Also wake up, this forum doesn't have a lot of active players, period. Sure, maybe the most active duelists are college students who started around 2010, and Edison will always be the most popular with that crowd because it holds a special place in their hearts, but goat is empirically better and far more popular on dn and IRL.

Like, up to the Warring brass to figure out this dispute, but I think the case for abandoning the plan as was stated is flimsy at best.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Grimey    8112

You need to understand that we're not the only people who think that this needs to happen. 

+Gemstone Mine    2590

"I played during goats, I'm nostalgic and literally cannot play another format"

Ok, let's listen to you then

Here's the thing: look at the teams as they stand. Most of the teams are being carried by individual players who are the goat fanatics of their teams. As in, there are in a lot of teams cases literally only 1 player playing in the teams. Even if goats is the better format, activity > skill if we want this whole past warring thing to get off the ground.

• Downvote 1

Jazz    5113
If you look back at my posts I originally wanted 1 month rotations, and Urthor insisted on 2.

But you guys are being literal sore losers/quitters. If your motivation is to get through PCM as fast as possible to get back to Edison that is pathetic

I actually WANT to play a meaningful rotation of PCM and don't want to start it at this shitty time. Just wait out May and let people finish up their goat wars and get all hyped for PCM to start
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Grimey    8112

???

You're not understanding my intentions at all. 

+Gemstone Mine    2590

But you guys are being literal sore losers/quitters.

Your ego is actually too big for this thread. Your entire case is literally just the people who want to switch are bad at goats. There is not a single person so far who has said I don't enjoy playing goats/not good at it, we need to switch. We are all justifying this with the evidence that no on in the section is playing goats, so we would be better off switching to get activity up than indulging the ego of the few people in the section who are obsessed with goats.

You say that goats is the most popular retro warring, but honestly, it has less to do with everyone wanting to play goats and more to do with the goats player base being almost religious about playing it. That's the key problem here: our warring section at this point is essentially the goat crowd vs each other while everyone else meets activity mins. I won't argue about goats being the most skillfull format, but the fact is that when given goats vs edison format, the vast majority of people who are going to war are likely going to chose edison format because its more fun for them, which is where we need to be. I could honestly care less about what format we play or how skillful it is. If people want to play Tengu plant format dark world mirrors all day, or returnDAD pre-eban, it's fine with me as long as the people playing are having fun and staying active. That's where goats is lacking.

Jazz    5113
I think the DCS kind of implies if you start the PCM rotation now it will fall flat on its face

Ok you've talked to 3-4 friends who think goats is stale. Everyone else is studying for finals and will not play the next 2 weeks regardless.

+Gemstone Mine    2590

I'm actually wondering if you even look at the war section or are just pulling all of this shit out of your ass. The section was going downhill rapidly in activity before finals season started.

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5113
You guys don't get the primary reason for inactivity is that it's finals week

Has very little to do with people getting bored with goats after a month

+Gemstone Mine    2590

alright, thanks for confirming that you have in fact not looked at the war section for a couple of weeks. There's no point in continuing this discussion at this point.

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5113

alright, thanks for confirming that you have in fact not looked at the war section for a couple of weeks. There's no point in continuing this discussion at this point.

Your analysis is flawless and backed up by numbers?

I'm pointing to the DCS and the past few weeks as evidence that no matter what format you tried to get us to play now, it would have loads of inactivity.

How could you not understand that?

+Gemstone Mine    2590

Your evidence is my evidence, thats the point. Activity was in the shitter before finals week started, not after.

Jazz    5113
No shit Sherlock, most people have work to do before finals week actually starts. It's a gradual build up.

You have zero evidence that any format would be successful right now. In fact the evidence suggests the opposite.

+Gemstone Mine    2590

I'm not saying we are going to magically switch formats and activity will be through the roof, but evidence is indicitive that staying on goats is doing more harm than good. Activity was down before the finals buildup started, and its just gone down since.

Switching formats is a bandaid for the amount of people we've been hemoraging, but goats is just letting the wound  bleed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

+mmf    23484

i'm suggesting this legitimately for the benefit of the old format warring section - we should rotate to pcm this month instead of next month

goat format has become very blatantly boring for myself and many other individuals I have talked to as you can tell by the inactivity in wars 

yeah just check out how well pcm is going over in the dcs. Also for real no offense but jazz is more relevant to the community and format than u and it isnt even close no matter how many misplays of his you think you see on dn with imperfect information. your ego is the one that needs reining in, your excuses for losing your two matches were cringeworthy. no one cares for shit about what you demand
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

+mmf    23484
dont even need to come up with new gemstone mine burns but that guy sucks too
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Grimey    8112

i'm suggesting this legitimately for the benefit of the old format warring section - we should rotate to pcm this month instead of next month

goat format has become very blatantly boring for myself and many other individuals I have talked to as you can tell by the inactivity in wars 

yeah just check out how well pcm is going over in the dcs. Also for real no offense but jazz is more relevant to the community and format than u and it isnt even close no matter how many misplays of his you think you see on dn with imperfect information. your ego is the one that needs reining in, your excuses for losing your two matches were cringeworthy. no one cares for shit about what you demand

That's what both of you aren't understanding, people DO CARE. 

Where is Aaron Riker? 

Where is Mookie Fific? 

Where is Daniel Wood?

Where is Soul? 

Where is Handsome Boy Modeling School?

Where is 'insert 10 other player's names here'?

not playing goats that's where they fucking are 

Sign in to follow this