Sign in to follow this  
Urthor

Perfect Circle Rotation (Jun-Jul 2015)

»ACP    33410
I'm on my phone so I can't write a wall, but basically Jazz is right and you're all delusional if you think switching to PCM is going to boost activity. Jazz is way worse in goat format than he realizes, but that doesn't change any of his points.
  • Upvote 1

+Urthor    10210

Atm I'm open to the idea of doing 1 month of PCM and then the second month of something else, or even skipping past PCM is everyone thinks it's a bad idea we'll see how everyone feels when we come to it, and if we do there'll be some kind of vote.  

The fact that PCM isn't really THAT heavily played even casually amongst people just for fun makes me think that for past format warring people are more aspiring to play past formats they've already played, rather than searching for some mega awesome format buried in the history of Yugioh.

The other point about finals/semester is relevant, but even though the college crowd having finals is a big thing, I'm not 100% that it's the be all and end all, the fact that the section isn't the brandest newest thing probably has a lot to do with it.  Considering goats is going until the end of May, how activity looks in the last few weeks will give us a real idea of how much of the activity split is college based, and how much of it is a real drop off in people.  

Ultimately once the exam low is over we can see how much of the inactivity split is college/fuck Goats we've had enough of these cards in our life/general lack of caring about warring and playing card games in general.  But it'd be idiotic to suggest it isn't a split between all 3 factors.  

The DCS was booked where it was to give people a heads up for the actual Perfect Circle warring season primarily, so come June the first people would have had some sort of easing in period.  I must admit US college finals and semester dates was not something I was talking to Darryl about when we were thinking up this DCS tbh.  If we had our time again then yea a full 30-40 day leadup was really unnecessary and we should have done signups in the first two weeks of may and started it may 10th maybe.  

re: Bringing a non-goat format forward, rather just give people the choice of playing between both formats for a period ending goats early, unless there's a strong majority who wants to end goats. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Grimey    8113

I'm on my phone so I can't write a wall, but basically Jazz is right and you're all delusional if you think switching to PCM is going to boost activity. Jazz is way worse in goat format than he realizes, but that doesn't change any of his points.

The entirety of your past war team despised goats and were only playing it so that they could get to the "better" formats and you're arguing against me? 

It's crystal clear that goats isn't enjoyable to a vast majority of people anymore. The only argument you guys can make is "exam season" but I see people on alts playing other formats/current format instead of warring. People will find time to play if they want to play, stop with this silly argument. 

• Downvote 1

»Tygo    14119

I think I mentioned it before but why are we limiting it to 1 format for a set amount of time? Why not make it up to the teams issuing the challenges? 

They post in another teams thread "War vs <team name>? ____ format, 4 hearts double elim? Both teams can go back and forth between until they agree to terms and just play in that format. Restrict it so that you can't have more than 1 war of the same format etc. just to keep a team well rounded or something. 

Seems a lot easier than playing 1 format for months and risk them becoming stale. Not saying that's what's going on but it would definitely prevent this thread from getting shitty with these arguments every few weeks. 

Wumbologist    14204

anyone remember a few years ago when we would do "battle city" warring? there were no teams, just individuals. seems to me like this would be a better fit for past format warring. if you need to go inactive for a while, don't like the current format being played, etc. you can just stop playing for a while until you want to start up again. that way you wouldn't be dragging your other team members down by being inactive (or by sucking at ygo). 

• Upvote 2

Soul    7941

Lol, as if you guys are even playing Goat format at this point. These formats would be a lot more enjoyable if players had to stick to a rough template. But now it's devolved into running any decent flip effect/Jujitsu, or running just a hard anti-meta strategy. It's not even the same format of that year because it's played with arbitrary rules like crv/exarion. Goats was a good format but this recent fad has just killed it through retrospective deck building honestly. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Model    864

I haven't been around much but if we want to boost activity we could easily just leave it up to the teams to decide what format they play or we could do battle city type thing where individuals could focus on their own games during slow times too.

• Upvote 2

+Paraliel+    8030

This thread gave me cancer

Jazz Grimey had a legitimate view and it had nothing to do with his record, you suck at Goats stop taking potshots at other people and bringing up their records instead of actually discussing shit

Matt if you actually think Jazz's way of going about this was correct I dunno what to say "I dont like this format and people are being inactive" "well maybe u suck lol!" isnt actually a discussion

Switching to PCM isn't going to boost activity however, but the major reasoning for lack of activity is finals are now so you'll have to chill for a bit

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+Paraliel+    8030

It's like most people on DG never left high school

• Upvote 2

anyone remember a few years ago when we would do "battle city" warring? there were no teams, just individuals. seems to me like this would be a better fit for past format warring. if you need to go inactive for a while, don't like the current format being played, etc. you can just stop playing for a while until you want to start up again. that way you wouldn't be dragging your other team members down by being inactive (or by sucking at ygo). 

+Gojira    1706

nah fuck that, teams are the best thing about warring

• Upvote 2

»Tygo    14119

Why?

-L2theZ-    1611

Lol, as if you guys are even playing Goat format at this point. These formats would be a lot more enjoyable if players had to stick to a rough template. But now it's devolved into running any decent flip effect/Jujitsu, or running just a hard anti-meta strategy. It's not even the same format of that year because it's played with arbitrary rules like crv/exarion. Goats was a good format but this recent fad has just killed it through retrospective deck building honestly.

I mean a historically accurate template would mean that everyone would have to use Lightning Vortex and Swords of Revealing Light and you couldn't use something like Dekoichi. I think that sounds horrible.

I like that the format is still evolving 10+ years down the line. That depth and replayability is why people play it in the first place.

Really though we should just let the teams decide what format they want to war in, which imo makes far more sense considering that traditionally there's only been 2 formats that people go back to.

Or we could just wait for Perovic to make his custom format.
  • Upvote 3

+mmf    23488
teams could already agree to play whatever format they wanted, goat was just the only format people ever used

wonder why

»Tygo    14119

teams could already agree to play whatever format they wanted, goat was just the only format people ever used

wonder why

Since when?

+Gojira    1706

Why?

Well for one, I think having a team relying on you to play increases activity some what. I think having testing groups makes things more interesting, especially since you see teams developing different strategies.

Plus if people just wanted to play alone, then lives/DCS would be enough.

+Urthor    10210

since he made it up just now

Whenever I've been asked I've always said "The status quo for DGz is that you can play 1v1 swords only on blood gulch for war hearts if you really want."  If people desperately want to play perfect circle or October 2006 and count it towards their war I'm not going to say no to that.  

+mmf    23488

since he made it up just now

tip played goat wars that you were present in. ie long ago

+mmf    23488
rap battle for wars
  • Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8030

wonder why

because a select few hyped up a format and others played it desperately trying to figure out the hype

+mmf    23488

if people just wanted to play alone, then lives/DCS would be enough.

they do and they are

+Gojira    1706

I don't see where the reasoning to do away with the warring section is coming from since it's had pretty good activity. Sure, if the activity doesn't pick back up, then maybe it just didn't work, but I'm expecting it to.

Grimey    8113

Why?

Teams are the best thing about warring because it increases the potential to make good deck choices and good plays. 

I test with Gojira very frequently and we bounce ideas back and forth at each other and look at how that has paid off. We're 5-1 in wars and Gojira is somewhere close to like 25-4 in wars I think?? 

Sign in to follow this