Tygo

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Spadaro 3    1582

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fis-9Zqu2Ro&feature=youtu.be&a

I'm so fucking keeeeeeeeeeeeen for this movie

+Gemstone Mine    2731

it might be good, but this is turning into a giant clusterfuck

was that doomsday? Why the fuck would they bring in doomsday?

TFJ    618
So wonder woman is not the green arrow to help batman.
Lex creates Doomsday? I was thinking it would be kryptonite. Someone said that kryptonite was going to cause hairloss somewhere.

I should have saw a bigger villain coming. Hollywood doesn't know how to end it without a villain losing.

Elements    569

I am going to assume that Lex some how uses the corpse of Zod to create what appears to be Doomsday (or just a mutated Zod). Trailer seemed to point to it.

Tbh whether the movie is good or bad, Clark is my boy so ill love it either way. :)

NB96    860
Trailer is geting all sorts of hate on the Youtube comments section.

Main complaints I see seem to be Jesse Eisenberg being confirmed as the wrong casting judging by the trailer, and that too much was revealed in the trailer.

Personally I wouldn't have minded if they ended the trailer at Doomsday's roar, where the screen is pitch black. I didn't need to see the CGI for him just yet.

Also I hope this isn't Doomsday's final form. CGI isn't bad by any means but I wanted those bones to look like sharp ass spikes sticking out of his body, rather than blunt bits of bone poking out. I was hoping it would look a tad bit closer this:

doomsday_batmansuperman_3-1_doomsday.jpg

Still excited for this film, I just hope the give him the screentime. As much as I love Batman I hope a villain like Doomsday really steals the show, it certainly is capable of it if Zack Snyder and Chris Terrrio got the script right. I don't want Doomsday to end up like Venom did in Spider-Man 3 with very little screen time, at least they haven't got Topher Grace playing the role here lol

Laser Cat    5612

Looks cluttered.  Could be good, but I"m also skeptical at this point. 

• Upvote 1

Indignation    2858

I think they spoilered too much in that trailer. I would have liked to be surprised when watching the movie...

TFJ    618
Inv4 real movie has no Doomsday.
New trend, trailers lie to viewers.

JAndrees    109

Jesse Eisenberg is a great actor, and maybe I'm preferring a more Clancy Brown Lex (I 100% think this is the case).

Eisenberg feels more like the Riddler or a Mark Hamill Joker in this and not the diabolical mastermind that maintains all sense of control and class that we know Lex Luthor as.  I'm disappointed af.

»Tygo    14142
He's in that sequel to that magician movie with what looks like the recovery stages of a shaved head. My guess is at some point, the switch is flipped and he goes from long haired twitchy guy to bald, maniacal genius. That god vs devil quote doesn't seem like it fit the character we saw anyway.

Strife    613

I dunno, I really wish they'd done their best to keep the Doomsday thing under wraps as while we all pretty much knew Bats, Supes and WW would stop fighting and work together, it's kinda taking out almost every surprise in the movie. I really miss the days of the old trailers where you could get hyped up about the movie without finding out most of the relevant plot points.

JAndrees    109

With all due respect, we knew Zod was going to be in this movie one way or another.  We just didn't know how.  The cast list has Doomsday listed as well.

Spadaro 3    1582

I think michael shannon spilling the beans of essentially him being doomsday may have had a factor in them showing him in full with this trailer.

The batman vs superman part of this movie is looking real nice, but like people said if they just throw doomsday in at the end it may be a bit of a waste.

doomsday seems like a waste because hes better as a villian for say the justice league movie or a solo superman film that works as the trilogys climax. someone like brainiac would have been much better but this movie is already a hot ass mess since it feels like their shoehorning in batman reboot really badly.

NB96    860
I'm no movie director but personally I would have cut Wonder Woman from the film and put in Metallo as Luthors creation.

Metallo can give Superman a good fight because they are introducing Kryptonite into their universe, while he can also be a match for Batman because of enhanced strength and endurance, presumably he can't feel pain because of his robotic body.

It's hard to see how Batman can fight against Doomsday, surely he will need to use the Batwing. I can't see him doing as much on the ground compared to WW and Superman, so I fear Batman might not shine in the final showdown. At least with Metallo, Batman would have a better chance to damage him.

That would save Doomsday for a final Superman film at least.

Bracing myself for any hate!

Elements    569

I'm no movie director but personally I would have cut Wonder Woman from the film and put in Metallo as Luthors creation.

Metallo can give Superman a good fight because they are introducing Kryptonite into their universe, while he can also be a match for Batman because of enhanced strength and endurance, presumably he can't feel pain because of his robotic body.

It's hard to see how Batman can fight against Doomsday, surely he will need to use the Batwing. I can't see him doing as much on the ground compared to WW and Superman, so I fear Batman might not shine in the final showdown. At least with Metallo, Batman would have a better chance to damage him.

That would save Doomsday for a final Superman film at least.

Bracing myself for any hate!

I think Darkseid would be the better villain to have for the final superman film tbh. Im assuming we will see Brainiac at some point too.

»Tygo    14142
I'm such a sucker for some of the great voice actors from the cartoon that if they do put Darkseid in anything, I want him to be set up so that 1 person is the body and Michael Ironside is the voice actor. Too perfect.

NB96    860
Darkseid is another good choice, I just think they need to decide whether you're putting Darkseid in MOS 3 or The Justice League Part Two. For me I'd rather Darkseid in the Justice League, but they need to ignore that New 52 version of him who hardly talks imo, I like a villain who is brains as much as brawn so I'd love to see Darkseid outwit the heroes throughout the film and wage war on Earth.

Elements    569

I suppose it depends what order you put the villains in terms of how great they were being his nemesis. Id say lex is probably number one but then how do you rank darkseid, brainiac, bizarro, doomsday etc?

NB96    860

I suppose it depends what order you put the villains in terms of how great they were being his nemesis. Id say lex is probably number one but then how do you rank darkseid, brainiac, bizarro, doomsday etc?

I think a rule for movie sequels is that you always one-up the previous film. That would help determine which villains you put in each film.

Problem is, Darkseid has to be the final boss pretty much. How do you go one step further than before when you've used up Darkseid? He's pretty much the top villain out there in DC. Sure there are more powerful ones but realistically Darkseid is probably one of the most iconic DC villains you could pick from, perhaps with the exception of the Joker.

When you use up villains like Darkseid and Doomsday too early you have a hard job making the next film even better. The only way to beat Doomsday/Darkseid is to start bringing in villains like Imperiex, or even the Anti-Monitor I suppose. I haven't read the Infinite Crisis storyline with Anti-Monitor nor whatever story Imperiex is the main antagonist for, but from the brief summary I've heard of Infinite Crisis you couldn't fit it into a two-hour film. I guess they could split it into two-parts (hence The Justice League Part One and Part Two films) but lots of characters are killed off afaik so that might also get too confusing.

If I could choose, Brainiac would be the Justice League Part One antagonist, and Darkseid in Part Two. I would have had Doomsday in the final Superman film, but then again the character is all brawn and no brain. Could you tell a compelling story through a film with Doomsday or would you simply be relying on special effects and big explosions? Characters like this are easier to tell a story with in comic books rather than a film imo. Intelligent villains often get the best reception because they are the most compelling to watch.

In this respect maybe putting Doomsday in BvS was the best choice to get Doomsday on the big screen if Snyder and Terrio didn't think they could make a full script focusing around himself and Superman. Still not entirely sure about it though. I fear they've just put in a genric monster towards the end of the film to finish up the story and bring the heroes together.

And like Tygo, I'd also have the cartoon voice actor for Darkseid, now that is a villain I'd pay money to watch.

Rumor has it Braniac will be revealed in a post credit scene, having also picked up Superman's signal alongside Zod when he activated the Kodex in Man of Steel. I hope DC start doing post-credit sequences like Marvel, those add to the experience of going to watch a Marvel film at the cinema and being thrown a curveball at the end when you see the reveal of a new villain who was completely unexpected (ie Thanos in Avengers).

»Tygo    14142
Theories are floating around saying it's someone called wraith from the comics, not doomsday. Has a similar spiky build, is made from kryptonian dna, has heat vision, etc. Can't last the thing I read on fb from my phone but it makes sense if true.

IAmTheGreat    3772

It definitely looks a lot more like Doomsday then Wraith. Wraith also has red energy that courses around his body, and he looks more human. However I dont believe Doomsday ever had Heat Vision, so theres a chance