Tygo

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

NB96    860

It definitely looks a lot more like Doomsday then Wraith. Wraith also has red energy that courses around his body, and he looks more human. However I dont believe Doomsday ever had Heat Vision, so theres a chance

I think it's people grasping at straws to convince themselves it isn't Doomsday, probably because they wanted the character to have a full film as the villain.

He might not have had eye lasers before but to me, the writers clearly just changed the origin and adjusted the abilities of Doomsday a little to fit in line with the plot. No need to assume it's a completely different villain.

Just because they slightly adjusted a handful of things doesn't make it no longer Doomsday so I think you're right.

Elements    569
i'm assuming that this version of doomsday is a resurrected,mutated zod. 

+Gemstone Mine    2731

it's doomsday. The big giveaway is the energy attack, because it's not laser eyes, it's more like a bomb. Doomsday has the ability to absorb energy and send it back in a massive burst, like what happens in the trailer.

Spadaro 3    1582

it's doomsday. The big giveaway is the energy attack, because it's not laser eyes, it's more like a bomb. Doomsday has the ability to absorb energy and send it back in a massive burst, like what happens in the trailer.

Whatever villian that is does have laser eyes. Lex obv just took zod and modified him and they're going to call him something

Faint    5973

meh. can't say I'm any more excited by that trailer, if anything it's had the opposite effect - defeinitely won't be seeing this on the day it's out.

TonySK    618

Doomsday isn't the type of enemy that could capture an audiences attention for a 2 hour superhero film. His first appearance relies on Superman being dumb and not using his powers which leads to the shocking non-death of both of them. Every comic appearance of Doomsday since then he's been really bad at his job of beating Superman. Sometimes he gains intelligence and it weakens him because he knows fear, sometimes he goes back to being the same Doomsday from DoS but he loses to 2 Supermen, or whatever way they come up to have Supes win. Even in the DCAU Doomsday becomes a character who makes Supes struggle but ultimately comes up short.

Ultimately if we're going to be invested in a two hour+ feature, as all superhero movies are defaulting to this length, the bad guy needs to be able to chew scenery and engage the audience (see the success of Loki and Ledger's Joker) and Doomsday can't do either of those things so unless they find the stones to flat out kill Superman it's much better to use Luthor with someone else (since he can be responsible for things like Metallo or Bizarro) or Brainiac. Supe's rogues gallery beyond those two is really thin, I don't see Toyman or Conduit on the big screen and someone like Mongul is a better threat for the JL.

Jesus the Jew    985

I felt that they're going for a long term archvillain will be Luther and he'll just send guys like Doomsday at Superman/Justice League.

Elements    569

So apparently the Flash is also in this now lol but just a cameo.

+Gemstone Mine    2731

Well, fox did a cameo of their super speed gimmick character in DoFP, and it was the best part of the movie, so I can see dc ripping it off.

Dirk    1956
Rumors are that it is just them (flash, aquaman) being monitored. I doubt they could succesfully give them a significant presence in the movie, but when the movie is 2:30 hrs long who knows.

The one fear I have is that they are trying to set up a franchise at the cost of the moment, and that has failed for other movies like amazing spiderman 2, and age of ultron for example. I still hope this movie is good since it looks so cool

NB96    860
Anyone see the two new TV spots for this? Didn't add to much other than a new line and a few seconds of new footage. Pretty much what a TV spot is supposed to do.

[spoiler]Didn't like the part where Batman said his "Do you bleed?" line without his robot armor, seemed a little strange to me, I'd rather they keep the line with the robot suit, the voice made more sense to me then.[/spoiler]

NB96    860

Possible spoiler alert although I think this is total nonsense it sounded cool still...

[spoiler]Lex Luthor and Doomsday aren't the only villains that will be appearing in "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice". It turns out the movie will use Bizarro to present a future threat to the JLA.[/spoiler]
http://www.latino-review.com/news/batman-v-supermans-other-villain-revealed

[spoiler]The more I think about it, Bizarro would have been the perfect villain for this film instead of Doomsday.

The world is still reeling from the events of Man of Steel. Many lives were lost in Zod's invasion, the confirmation of intelligent alien life, the last of whom has been living on Earth for a good 30 years unbeknownst to anyone. Superman stands in front of congress and explains his ideals, telling everyone he is not a threat to mankind, but the opposite. But Bruce Wayne doesn't trust anyone, not least an alien with the power to destroy the entire human race.

Clark goes to Gotham undercover to try and get a story on the caped crusader. He uses his superhearing and supervision to locate Batman, pummeling a criminal brutally. Clark knows little of the Bat at this time, not realizing Batman doesn't kill he springs into action after seeing Batman seemingly torture the criminal (turns out he was branding him with the Bat symbol like you see in the trailers). They go at it, Batman puts up a good fight leaving Superman with a nosebleed but ultimately he's no match and allows Superman to take down the Batmobile to end the fight before things go too far. Superman warns him to stop, giving him only one chance after seeing his brutal tactics first hand.

Clark goes to the other side of the planet to cover a news story Perry wants him to do, and though Clark protests that Superman fought the Batman there's no evidence other than a few smashed walls, there's a great news story waiting to be reported but Perry insists. Batman has had his eye on Luthor for some time, eventually he steals Kryptonite from Lexcorp in Superman's absence to prepare for their next encounter. Lex uses Superman's DNA (maybe some blood spilt from his first encounter with Batman) to genetically engineer a Kryptonian clone to do his bidding. Bizarro goes out looking like Superman causing havoc because he doesn't know how to use his powers carefully, killing several people he was trying to help rather gruesomely thanks to his super strength. Lex manages to reel him back in. When Superman returns the world thinks he has turned evil just as the government feared, Superman tries to clear his name in front of court but escapes when nobody believes him.

Batman uses the Bat signal in Metropolis instead of Gotham, getting Superman's attention. They fight again but now Batman has the edge thanks to the Kryptonite, they both get fucked up... Batman tells Superman that he knows he was holding back even despite the Kryptonite and believes his story that it wasn't him. They later go to Lexcorp (the likeliest reason for the earlier destruction) and find Bizarro, who is unleashed by Lex and gets angry thinking Superman is an impostor of himself (doesn't realize he is actually phony) and all hell breaks loose. Metropolis becomes a battlefield as the heroes try to put a stop to this new superpowered menace, Superman slows him down and Batman beats him up with Kryptonite-laced boxing bat-gloves and a few missiles courtesy of the Batmobile and Batwing. The battle is over and our heroes have won...

...until Bizarro gets up, his skin white and rotten, his eyes blood red. He doesn't look as weakened as Superman did leaving Batman to conclude that Kryptonite doesn't affect him in the same way (since Bizarro is weak to blue Kryptonite, not green Kryptonite like Superman, and blue Kryptonite hasn't been introduced to the DCCU yet anyway). They go at it some more and with some teamwork they still manage to triumph.

Bizarro's defeat proves Superman's innocence, reveals the existence of the Batman to the world (he's supposed to be an urban legend in the real film), Lex manages to cover up his involvement with Bizarro. Meeting in Wayne manor, Bruce and Clark decide that, with a new breed of evil so unlike what the world has ever seen before, the world needs a greater defense should another Zod or Bizarro attack. Diana Prince walks through the door much to the surprise of the Clark.

Bruce: You're late...[/spoiler]
It evens leaves Doomsday for the final Superman solo film, and holding onto Wonder Woman helps keep the film from getting too overcrowded.

I'm so excited for this film I need it now don't even care about Deadpool, will probably be full of shitty jokes that aren't even that funny.

Berdversary    181

I'm so excited for this film I need it now don't even care about Deadpool, will probably be full of shitty jokes that aren't even that funny.

Me too, but deadpool comes first so might as well watch it (only thing im worried about in that movie is typical audience LAUGHTER and STANDING OVATIONS)

Me too, but deadpool comes first so might as well watch it (only thing im worried about in that movie is typical audience LAUGHTER and STANDING OVATIONS)

You make it sound like a bad thing

I do those 2 with extreme prejudice

slickz    4327

there's some weird eurofags in here that "think its stupid to clap at 'cinemas' " because the actors can't hear you.

there's some weird eurofags in here that "think its stupid to clap at 'cinemas' " because the actors can't hear you.

I think Paul was the only guy who said that which makes him a moron in my eyes but w/e

Faint    5973

it is stupid to clap in cinemas. you're there to watch a film and out of respect for everyone around you, you should be silent. clapping at a cinema is so damn [i]american[/i]

• Downvote 1