Tygo

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

NB96    860
Film has dropped to 9.1 on imdb, hmm...

I heard people were praising it as the best comic book film ever before. Guess they were biased DC fanboys who couldn't give a fair look at the film. I'm a DC fanboy too but if I don't like the film I'll be the first to say it.

People have said that if the film isn't as good as people were expecting, Warner Bros should delay Justice League and let Ben Affleck direct "The Batman". Then if that does well he should direct the Justice League. Only problem is that filming for Justice League starts in Apeil so they haven't got long if they're going to pull the trigger and give Ben a shot.

If the film is mixed, then they're building an entire cinematic universe off two mixed films with the most important ones (Justice League 1 and 2) also directed by the same guy. Sounds unwise to me.

Faint    5973

^You're a fanboy? Never would have guessed ;)

• Upvote 3

┬╗Tygo    14142

They can't delay anything if they want to keep up with MCU.

Current score in terms of movies released (counting BvS as released since it's out in 2 days):
DCEU: 2
MCU: 12

When Justice League is released:
DCEU: 5
MCU: 17

By the time JL 2 is released which also has to live up to the hype of Avengers: Infinity Wars 2 being released a month before:
DC: 9

MCU: 22

The late start hurt them big time and they can't plan on more movies since they don't have the success yet. If these movies aren't put out on time or get bad reviews, it's not going to end well.

Faint    5973

"What're you gonna do - watch DC?"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOyJqGtP-wU

3:30 onwards

• Upvote 1

NB96    860

^You're a fanboy? Never would have guessed ;)

pretty much. I grew up wih Batman TAS and Justice League so I'm more attached to Dc heroes than anything else. Spidey Tas and X-Men too but spidey isn't until 2017 to me since this is just a cameo in civil war.

Snyder gets no third chance from me if this film doesn't deliver tho. Too much style and not enough substance is his previous works from my understanding.

Spadaro 3    1582

Film has dropped to 9.1 on imdb, hmm...

I heard people were praising it as the best comic book film ever before. Guess they were biased DC fanboys who couldn't give a fair look at the film. I'm a DC fanboy too but if I don't like the film I'll be the first to say it.

People have said that if the film isn't as good as people were expecting, Warner Bros should delay Justice League and let Ben Affleck direct "The Batman". Then if that does well he should direct the Justice League. Only problem is that filming for Justice League starts in Apeil so they haven't got long if they're going to pull the trigger and give Ben a shot.

If the film is mixed, then they're building an entire cinematic universe off two mixed films with the most important ones (Justice League 1 and 2) also directed by the same guy. Sounds unwise to me.

You shouldn't pay much attention to imbd ratings dude, literally anyone can vote on a movie regardless of whether they've seen it or if it's even out yet or not. Just watch the movie and see what you think

captainameowica    3770

i fear this movie will be like any other dc film, great acting but super poor script/story.

i've heard lots of good things about gal gadot but diana doesn't look like a full grown woman with a prepubescent body. the look means a lot to me :/

also in regards to the ratings, i'm certain all the high ratings are from dc fanboys or casual fans that only care about the name. upon initial release, both iron man 2 and 3 had nice scores but are ultimately shitty imo. same goes for avengers age of ultron although it isn't shitty, just not that great.

+Sophocles    3332

They can't delay anything if they want to keep up with MCU.

Current score in terms of movies released (counting BvS as released since it's out in 2 days):
DCEU: 2
MCU: 12

When Justice League is released:
DCEU: 5
MCU: 17

By the time JL 2 is released which also has to live up to the hype of Avengers: Infinity Wars 2 being released a month before:
DC: 9
MCU: 22

The late start hurt them big time and they can't plan on more movies since they don't have the success yet. If these movies aren't put out on time or get bad reviews, it's not going to end well.

Some of the critique ive read has been exactly this: they rushed so many things in the movie to kickstart the movie series that it really hurt the coherence of the whole thing

Dirk    1956

Just got out of the theater. There are a lot of cool moments, and I think the last half of the movie is what people will like (once the bvs fight starts). It definitely has problems as a film, the transition between scenes are choppy

Faint    5973

Terrible. I'm not even surprised.

+Silver    1012

I think I am going to judge movie twice.

When I watch it in theaters and the directors cut. 

Because apparently the directors cut is supposed to be Rated R, which I hope makes the movie flow better than it should. 

Spadaro 3    1582

I thought it was pretty good. Definitely dragged a bit but everything about batfleck was great. I think they should just bring zach on board for fight choreography and get someone else to direct these movies tho

Kahu    2419

In regards to the R rated version, I think I heard most of the cut material is fight scenes? Not sure. Somebody might have to correct me on that.

Anyways, I haven't seen this yet, but should I for the sake of curiosity? I mean I watched Fantastic 4 for the sake of watching it and I can't remember any of it. Kinda wondering if this movie will be the same. Would rather not have to deal with another narrative trainwreck, even if it's faster.

+Silver    1012

In regards to the R rated version, I think I heard most of the cut material is fight scenes? Not sure. Somebody might have to correct me on that.

Anyways, I haven't seen this yet, but should I for the sake of curiosity? I mean I watched Fantastic 4 for the sake of watching it and I can't remember any of it. Kinda wondering if this movie will be the same. Would rather not have to deal with another narrative trainwreck, even if it's faster.

Hey if we see Wonder Womans tits XD

NB96    860

These 4/10 reviews were harsh imo. I give 6-7/10: wasn't blown away at all but it was better than that.

Fight scenes were spectacular, pacing was a little slow but it picked up towards the half way mark.

WW didn't get enough dialogue imo but it was always supposed to be a taste.

Lex was kinda ok; Eisenberg overracted a little. He could have portrayed certain aspects of the character a little more subtlely imo.

Cap will probably be better if I'm honest but I believe it was worth the money picking up a ticket.

I would have been more disappointed by the film if I hadn't known about the criticism prior to viewing it. That would have been because my inner fanboy made my expectations unreasonably high. The mixed reviews brought me back down to Earth a little.

Interesting ending but not as "ballsy" as people said.

[spoiler]I liked the Darkseid hints towards the end.[/spoiler]

NB96    860
Also they didn't really explain why Superman wanted to stop Batman so bad.

Pacing was bad after thinking about it; Doomsday was too sudden and things got moving in the second half of the film, but maybe a little TOO fast at that point. I had this same problem with MoS.

At least Snyder and the actors defended the film from critics rather than the way the F4 director behaved when it came out.

Jesus the Jew    985

I think the main issue was pacing. There were too many slow scenes that were dragged on for too long and too little time dedicated to the parts that mattered. I think the casting was generally good.

Indignation    2858

I just got back and I loved it. My only three complaints are:

[spoiler]

- Batman kills (although I don't really care much tbh, he seems to only kill when he needs to like when guns pointed at him)

- The long funeral scenes.

- Doomsday spoiled in commercials which leads to Knowing how Doomsday was gonna die when you saw batman make the spear to kill superman...

[/spoiler]

Batman was freaking awesome. Wonder Woman was great! Best fight scenes in superhero movies I have seen. I went in thinking the movie was gonna suck and I actually enjoyed it a lot. I'd give it a 9/10. My point off are from my complaints and a bit of weird pacing. I am really looking forward to what they have in store for the next movies. Have Affleck direct it though. 

I really think the hate this movie is getting is way overboard. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just saw it. It had moments but was as terriblw or worse than described. Really really hope this does shitty (unlikely) and it sends a message to the studio regarding quality.
  • Upvote 2

Elements    569

I thought it was fine honestly. I mean, i'd like it even if it was awful because Clarks my boy, but i can see why people don't.

Eisenberg annoyed the fuck out of me though which is both a good and a bad thing i guess - just not my sort of Lex.

Also don't like the look of the fella that's going to be playing the Flash. Why can't DC just do what Marvel have done and have their tv series be a part of their movie universe.