fanfingtastic    171

ya i was looking at this last night trying to figure out how to fit monk in but like you said that pitched spell hurts a lot, but with monk it opens up laval chain plays idk, i honestly think this deck could possibly be a threat if konami doesnt do anything about it before the deck comes out...

TFJ    618

Just make Library OPT.

Itt we make the worst card on the game.
  • Upvote 2

skullvarnish    378

Just make Library OPT.

I mean, when its not being used in degenerate OTKs or FTKs, it it completely unused. Really, if not for decks like Chicken Race FTK, it IS one of the worst cards in the game. Regardless, it's the main issue here, but I personally think making it OPT is a better solution. Like fuck, I could be wrong, but it's how I have felt about it for a while.

+Gemstone Mine    2731

Just make Library OPT.

Sometimes we have to hit awful cards because they serve no purpose other than enabling shitty otks. There's a couple of examples on the list right now, the big one being mass driver. You know, that card that enabled a half dozen otks and ftks while literally never being seen in any other competitive deck, and konami kept banning engines until they finally gave up and banned mass driver?

ensane    163

Would have thought the big one would be magical scientist or substitoad

skullvarnish    378

Just make Library OPT.

Sometimes we have to hit awful cards because they serve no purpose other than enabling shitty otks. There's a couple of examples on the list right now, the big one being mass driver. You know, that card that enabled a half dozen otks and ftks while literally never being seen in any other competitive deck, and konami kept banning engines until they finally gave up and banned mass driver?

To be fair, I was proposing making it OPT instead of hitting it, which more or less does make it one of the worst cards in the game.

fanfingtastic    171

To make things worst this will prolly end up being a common possibly a rare unfortunately making it widely available for anyone to use.

fanfingtastic    171
I been playing this on dn anytime I didn't draw RML or drew into it with in a card or two I lost, taking care of RML will honestly take care of the deck I think
  • Upvote 1

TFJ    618

I been playing this on dn anytime I didn't draw RML or drew into it with in a card or two I lost, taking care of RML will honestly take care of the deck I think

It would take care of one method if abuse.

fanfingtastic    171

It would take care of one method if abuse.

The OTK/FTK wouldnt really be playable or it would just be no where near as consistent as it is with it, every game ive played on DN and Dev Pro now every single time i got to RML or open RML I have won, outside of the one time the guy had Vieler. If i didnt open it i or could reload/mallet/ or draw right into it with in a card or two, i lost.

with that being said i dont know if this deck would even be that big of a threat GM 2 or GM 3 and I dont think a lot of people would be playing it, its the same as the citadel RML otk, if you dont open RML with that otk ether you lose i feel like

So I had insomia last night and fishbowled this deck (using U.A. Stadium as a proxy for chicken race I have all the other cards for this) 100 times. out of those 100 times i just did a standard cut and piled shuffled before shuffling when restarting a fishbowl. out of the 100 times i opened RML 30 times. each of those times i could go off. Out of the 70 times I did not open magical library I bricked 30 times and went off 40 times. So this has a 70% chance of going off out of 100 times as is right now. I dont know if that would make a deck that big of a threat cause thats technically just going off game 1's and going off the assumption my opponent does not have a vieler in their opening hand. I dont know if konami will even do anything to stop this deck honestly the more i mess around with it the more i realize its just not good or worth the time.

TFJ    618
The side deck is key. There are many reasons this deck will not be a major threat.

But since the engine is small so maybe it can have a bunch lynx side options.

fanfingtastic    171
I will say that I been bricking with this deck like crazy... When I get bored I just fishbowl with it and I only get it off like 4 out of 10 times, makes me feel better that it more than likely won't be seeing any play unless someone just wants to suicide bomb an event
  • Upvote 3

fanfingtastic    171

i posted this on the speculation thread of the ban list but feel like it applies here more specifically

The more I think about the ban list and people calling for Royal Magical Library to get banned cause of the way the card is but more so cause of Chicken Race coming out, the more I thought about the deck abusing em and people also say magical explosion should be banned. In all reality just taking out Life Equalizer, stops the deck. It also dents nurse burn somewhat. But with out life equalizer, that deck can not even be played.

fanfingtastic    171

5-0 in matches Ny69ZHb.png

I was looking at gishki with this,  i still feel like the life equalizer/magcal explosion is the best way to go for ftk/otk style though if RML does get banned Gishki could be a solid second choice with chicken race

»Audioslayne    917

Allen had mentioned to me the gishki loop might be an okay alternate win but I sort of put the idea on the back burner until we get the list.

I do know however you should be playing 3 into the void before even considering cup of ace. I don't want to hear oh but if they veiled I lose my hand nonsense either. 1 if you have salvage your hand should be salvageable and 2 if they have veiled you pretty much lose of they time it right so the fact you lose your hand is irrelevant.

Also pretty sure we cut one day if we're doing the transition side (not saying you are).

• Upvote 1

Doom Engine    6

I started playing cup of ace when some wise guy set his entire hand and I couldn't Hand Destruction. 

+Gojira    1708

I started playing cup of ace when some wise guy set his entire hand and I couldn't Hand Destruction. 

you don't even need 3 hand destruction anymore.

also you really should be running the 3rd terraforming and pseudospace

+Urthor    10235

why would you only run 2 Royal Library as well 

itswhatever    3286

You should be looking to 1-for-1 your way through your entire deck before considering any 2-for-2 or 2-for-3 draw combos. That makes the deck a lot less prone to bricking, if you deck consists of upstart-esque cards and your kill combo, you'll hit it every time, but if your deck has any amount of hand destructions or Trade-In + X type of cards, you can brick. The idea of the deck is to kill turn 1 going first as much as possible, without your opponent being able to do anything. Since Yugioh doesn't have that many cantrips you have to play bad cards like Thunder Dragon, Hand Destruction, Cup of Ace, Dragon Draw Engine, Royal Magic Library, etc. The goal anyone playing this deck should have in mind is to make your deck have the least amount of bad cards as possible, well that is probably the goal of every deck, but you know what I mean. 

Another thing to keep in mind while playing any deck like this that is drawing many many cards per turn is proper sequencing. Playing all of your cards in the correct order to optimize your percentages of hitting what you want (or missing what you don't want) is critical. It won't come up as much if you are upstarting your way though the entire deck, but when you factor in cards like Pot of Duality and possibly Card Advance (a card I like a lot) you get the ability to see cards in a different way than if you were just drawing your deck one card at a time. This is really important if you are playing something like a Dragon Draw engine, where you want to see White Stone of Legend with a discard outlet before seeing Blue-Eyes White dragon, for the plus one. The difference between netting the Blue-Eyes for free and opening it makes a huge difference because Blue-Eyes is only a real card in your hand in conjunction with Trade-In, without Trade-In Blue-Eyes is a dead card. Because There is no real reliable source of card advantage in this deck, you can't afford to go down from five in hand at any time because your deck doesn't have enough stand alone draw cards. Sure Dark Factory, White Stone, Royal Magic Library, etc can get you more cards in hand, but those are dead in your hand without other cards. 

It is a real bummer how reliant this deck is on Royal Magic Library, if someone can solve the problems this deck has, we will have a real scary format upon us. As soon as this deck is considered a real threat though, it will be unplayable due to the amount of hate cards that you can't beat. 

TFJ    618
Claudio's old BEWD draw deck did not rely on RML. That was probably one of favorite versions after some changes.
Of course, that is because Future Fusion was a better RML.

My only conflict was always draw order. But I don't think there is ever a perfect read (without stacking). I dont know if we would ever agree on a formula.

Thin first, draw two next. Increases your odds of RML.
Draw one first, if you are lucky lets you go off better.
Etc.

Im sure we would say just go for the best odds mathwise. But ehhhh.

why would you only run 2 Royal Library as well 

I lost the old gishkibot code on an old harddrive, but back with the cup of ace lists it ended up that 2 Library was the optimal number. No idea if that still holds or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if 2 was still optimal. I'll have to find the old code and see how it'll work with chicken races.