Sign in to follow this  
Gear

Legends of Tomorrow

Telvin123    387
Meh, I like Sara and Snart (and sometimes Stein) enough to watch the show, and them killing Carter made me have additional hope. Already into Arrow/Flash (With Arrow getting worse, though not as bad as S3) Might as well stay in the loop, no? But yea, I already accepted that Vandal just isn't a good villain.

As long as it isn't Supergirl-bad, I'll live.

[spoiler] Idk about how good his recovery time is if he doesn't reappear until 1986.[/spoiler]

Oh and 99% of the acting blooooooooooooooows even for one of these kinds of shows.

[spoiler]

Remember they are tracking sightings of Savage as the most convenient way of locating him throughout history. His recovery time has nothing to do with the next time the public catches a glimpse of him thus allowing the group to track him. 

[/spoiler]

The acting isn't terrible (anymore so than the original appearance for any of these characters in Arrow/Flash). 

Savage is still better than Damien Darhk (fucking terrible casting and terrible villain). 

Jesus the Jew    986

They need to introduce more complexity to the plot. It can't just be chasing Vandal every episode. I liked that they introduced those Time Lord people into the mix.

They need to introduce more complexity to the plot. It can't just be chasing Vandal every episode. I liked that they introduced those Time Lord people into the mix.

Agreed. I feel like there needs to be some drawbacks (significant ones) to all these failed attempts at time travel. 

»Tygo    14112

I think them attempting to recreate a firestorm is a pretty big drawback so far.

I think them attempting to recreate a firestorm is a pretty big drawback so far.

eh yes and no. I get that its supposedly a drawback of interfering, but ultimately does it really matter. It allows them to find Savage in 1985, which they then plan to and almost stop and gives them another chance to end him. In the grand scheme of things, it's really almost meaningless. 

Fwiw I'm going to bet anything that, the future this guy comes from is a direct result of his interference with Savage in the past.

»Tygo    14112
He had the jump on him with a gun to his head and hawkgirl was already there. Shoot him enough to immobilize and have her kill him. If they don't have the weapons for her, immobilze him, take him back to the ship, and have robot lady sedate him until you have an artifact. So many things in this show frustrate me. Vandal is such a garbage villain.

Jesus the Jew    986

I feel like they should have gone the Zoom route with this villain.

Generally, I've found villains to be more compelling the less screen time they get. Especially when they are just pure evil (Kilgrave in Jessica Jones, Zoom in Flash) and don't have any real moral conflict. Instead they could've just had them following clues about Vandal's existence through interactions with various henchmen through history and only bring him in once in a while to drop the hammer on them and remind them what they're faced up against.

• Upvote 2

»Tygo    14112
I felt like I was watching a good episode of power rangers.

Telvin123    387

Welp, the season is finally over. The finale was alright, I guess. Unfortunately, it didn't take too long to realize that Vandal Savage just wasn't really portrayed well in this show. Not to mention the million fumbles they did concerning the "precious" timeline. (Exactly why time travel shows in general are kinda exhausting) And don't even get me started on the Hawk people...

Honestly, the only consistently good parts of the show were Snart, Sara, and Mick. Literally the only reason I kept watching the show. When S2 is here, hopefully the new plot/villain will make for a far better show. The potential is there, it just needs to work out a few kinks and such. At the very least, I'm interested in seeing how CW will deal with their highly likely 4-show crossover, since the network is now getting Supergirl. 

Telvin123    387
21 minutes ago, Jesus the Jew said:

Is it just me or is this season astronomically better than the first one?

Not hard to do. They got rid of the Hawk people, Vandal Savage, and I don't exactly miss Rip either. They focus on going to different time periods, fucking things up (on accident), instead of going through multiple plot holes trying to kill Vandal, or being so overly worried about following all these rules that Rip tried to enforce to no avail. Now they just need Captain Cold back, and the show becomes even more fun. 

Jesus the Jew    986

I think just having multiple episodic plots with the occasional sprinkle of a main villain (who is admittedly more interesting than Vandal) has been a dramatic improvement.

»Tygo    14112

It's 100% Rip being gone. One of the worst actors ever.

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14112

I mean 90% of them suck but he was bottom rung.

• Upvote 1

I do think having the Reverse Flash as the main villain is probably the biggest improvement. He provides an element that Savage never could - intent and purpose. 

The Reverse Flash is fucking with the timeline to achieve something (we don't know what yet, but still). Vandal never really had that intent. He knew about the time travelers, but only to the extent they were getting in his way and just kept showing up from time to time. 

Rip being gone is a nice touch just because it gives us a sense of factionalism that wasn't there before. Everyone has something going on, which gives us more dynamic storylines i.e. Jax&Stein with Barry's secret, Sara vs. Darhk, Mick doing his own thing, Ray without his atom suit. It's not phenomenal but it's a dramatic improvement that makes the story more interesting and dynamic overall as we get to see all these conflicting motives interplay. 

What I'm hoping for, which probably won't happen, is that this all ties into Flashpoint somehow. Theoretically, everything is set up for this to happen. Barry has altered the timeline which Alchemy is trying to recreate. We have Barry's message. The Reverse Flash is the main villain. We don't have the JLA but we do have something like it. Overall, this has a lot of potential. 

+Gemstone Mine    2590

season was absolutely fantastic. The ending was perfect. It was like 'we know you think you know what's going to happen, so we're going to throw the greatest fucking twist on it we can'

also, no more fucking rip. Great send-off, but god am I glad he's gone. Unlike say arrow, dumping the worst part of the series in the best possible way.

+Gemstone Mine    2590

I also randomly love the fact that they've been mispronouncing the big bad's name the entire fucking season.

• Haha 1

+Gemstone Mine    2590

idk about that, season 2 was really good without the sheer ridiculousness. Season 1 was a total disaster because they tried to imitate the other 3 series too much, but season 2 it felt like they figured out how to make that formula work for them by making it much farther out there than the main series then this season they just went all in on the saturday morning cartoon style format and went all out on the insanity.

Part of the reason why the main series work as well as they do (when they do work) is because of effective name brand villians (thawne, deathstroke, ra's, etc) and legends never had that, so s1 flopped badly. s2 really made thawne work with malcolm and darhk supporting. s3 just said 'fuck it' and made it completely about the main cast and the villian more of as a plot point than the actual driving factor of the series.

+Gemstone Mine    2590

seriously, 'insert generic evil force here' is usually an insult to a series, but legends actually just rolled with it and made it work.