MZAAZM

Newgioh Format Thread

486 posts in this topic

Add me in! 

DN: #Releaser

Still learning the format mostly been playing Monarchs and Chaos. I'm loving having power cards like Pot that can turn games at a hat!

Serious question: what theme do you guys think is best going into Edison?

From the decks I have played and played against, Chaos I feel has been most consistent.   

DN - TheColdVein

Cannibal Ox reference?

Flip flop chaos with a splash of spellcaster and some anti beast tech

I don't see a single redeeming quality about Zombies whatsoever like why even add Mezuki the deck still sucks 

I don't see a single redeeming quality about Zombies whatsoever like why even add Mezuki the deck still sucks 

not having ilblud or plaguespread or an other xyz or synchros hurts the deck too much for mezuki too really matter

I don't have access to DN right now so this is all theory oh no testing but I think some Zoo variant is probably the deck to be on.

DN - TheColdVein

Cannibal Ox reference?

You know it lad, way to go for the MM FOOD pic

Working on this spellcaster build: advice most welcome. I think 1 brain control would be good. 

fIsW4fZ.png

I would prefer Kycoo instead of Skilled Dark. Kycoo stops Sorcerer, Zombies, Night Assailant and more. Skilled Dark survives more stuff but in the end he's just a vanilla monster and both get run over by Cyber Dragon anyway.

PWWB is too risky without Night Assailant or some kind of discard outlet. To fix that I would remove those PWWB and then I would cut one TGU. Without Night Assailant, I think 3 are too much. Then you could replace those PWWB with some standard removal like Sakuretsu or Bottomless. And now that DMoC is harder to get out maybe you could cut 1 Meta and replace it with Brain Control. Alternatively, if you want to keep those PWWB keep those 3 TGU and add 2 Night Assailant as I mentioned.

I would also try to add 1 or 2 DDWL in here. You only have 4 Lights for 2 Sorcerers.

Why would you play an odd number of level 3 fiends? I'd rather have the 3rd tour guide just so the second one isn't a 1000 vanilla. Especially because he doesn't seem to desperately need the slot.

IMO, chaos decks definitely want Desrook Archfiend. It lets TGU set up your graveyard all on her own if you have no lights available.

Desrook was the first thing I looked at when considering additional TGU targets but its not really worth it considering that card advantage is too important in this format and you can't afford to play a card with such low utility because in any case TGU already grabs Sangan who can get you a light monster if you really need to make Sorc live.

IMO, chaos decks definitely want Desrook Archfiend. It lets TGU set up your graveyard all on her own if you have no lights available.

Awesome, just started trying it out. Really liking it.

Im pretty sure people will start moving towards just x3 Tourguide and Sangan as people did in the Tengu Plant/Chaos format.

what do you mean "moving towards" 

if you're a competent player you're not shoving extra tgu targets in your deck for no reason 

extra tgu targets no, extra uses of tgu yes. I can imagine plenty of situations where I want to tour guide for sangan to recruit and the acid golem later

This is what I'm playing. It's basically a really aggresive deck that plays cards which have a lot of general utility and exploit some of the popular deck building trends I've noticed in the short time I've been playing this format.

cGeroCB.png