• Announcements

• rei

Battle of the Anime Characters   02/10/17

THE BATTLE OF THE ANIME CHARACTERS HAS BEGUN   Find it here http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?/forum/615-battle-of-the-anime-x/
MZAAZM

Newgioh Format Thread

481 posts in this topic

hopefully in a format where the only real goal is to have fun?

you're deluded if you think the majority of the people here are focused on having fun LOL 

that has never been a duelist's true intentions 

I understand people playing regular yugioh to win, and I don't begudge people keeping their tech secret there, but if you are playing a format that has no prize support for the express purpose of inflating your e-penis, instead of just doing it because its fun, youve got serious problems.

all duelists have problems that's the moral of the story

I just hosted NEWGIOH and had a guy join and ask whether I'm playing April 2005 NEWGIOH or NEWGIOH.. 

He was playing goat format.. 

For the context of this event - I did. It went from there being 3 DFusions in the room to 45

Is this the play:

T1: rat rat rat turtle turtle turtle beefy zombie

T2: drop bazoo, drop d fusion, good luck

Would guess your worst match up is flip flop goats but who uses that any more?

For the context of this event - I did. It went from there being 3 DFusions in the room to 45

Would guess your worst match up is flip flop goats but who uses that any more?

I ended up playing basically flip flop goats. I lost to Ned playing the Dimension Fusion deck rd3 and time in a mirror rd5. 

Goats destroys all the durdle decks like Monarchs, and Zombies. The Dimension Fusion matchup was like 50/50 in testing the night before, but lists aren't anywhere close to refined. Almost certainly a refined Dimension Fusion deck is the best deck in the format.

I'd write a report but idk if anybody cares.

i'd settle for a list, but a report would be nice

Whats the DN names?  I had been helping out someone on DN with their ~20+ spell monster gate/reasoning/d fusion deck for the past week who had a tournament coming up.  We basically made a meta call that nobody would have a certain level 5 machine or was even thinking about siding that card so it would have a decent shot at winning. 

i'd settle for a list, but a report would be nice

That's easy enough

bzZrqjl.png

I'd probably cut the 2nd Ryko for either another threat card like Abyss Soldier, or a Merchant/3rd MoF. It was good, but drawing both Rykos felt really slow. 

Ned walked away with 270 credit. Decent support. My deck could be a bit better. Bazoo + DFusion is head and shoulders above the rest.

Had a Bazoo return decklist in mind, if it was rushing the event then I suppose I will have to give it a try.

This is just a Chaos variant that seems to be doing quite well for me.

uQ9lpCT.png

Don Zaloog seems like an unusually strong choice this format, given that TGU > Sangan will be a fairly common T1 play, and if they do you're fairly certain they don't have serpent yet.

Bazoo DFusion deck is potential best deck.
Wow I was thinking of trying Bazoo Chaos, no DFusion.

Looks like this is what won the event at edison:

1KoDjrn.png

The date is November 19, 2005. Paul Levitin becomes one of the few Yugioh players in history to go undefeated at a SJC showcasing a deck that no one had been expecting, Bazoo Return. It quickly became the opinion of others that Bazoo Return had enough raw power to be considered far and away the best deck in the format. It then failed to top a single SJC for the rest of the format.

I know not everyone can be a master of statistics, but I can't believe that after one 34-person event, in which a total of about 90 matches were played, people already think they know what the best deck is (and some on facebook have even called for emergency bans). It's very good in any undefined metagame, but it's very easy to beat if people want to. A well constructed goat control or monarch list has plenty of game vs the deck. Not to mention it has a hard time dealing with a lot of the other more unfair decks in the format such as burn and ghandipants. I'm sure it'll get more tops at future ARG Newgioh events, but anyone calling the deck tier 0 is just being overzealous.

You play 2015 YGO vs Goat decks lol

Unless I am missing something, isn't Lightning Vortex at 1 during this format? The guy that won Edison mained 1 and sided 1.

For one thing, that winning list scoops to burn and combo.

It's much better than the original bazoo return for sure, but I highly doubt it's tier 0.

Edit: did not see Allen's post

Why does Bazoo scoop to burn and combo?

Sure, you Roar. I end with 5 monsters - including floating Mezukis. What exactly are you going to do?

Well if you've played right (ie not setting too many s/ts) to the point where your opponent used a heavy storm, it shouldn't be too far fetched to make a decent comeback using whatever is your hand.  That deck has no defensive options so any counter plays to a field of monsters is likely to go through.

The problem is that the Dimension Fusion brought back floating Mezukis for the post Roar/1st DFusion game state. You need to have the resources to effectively deal with 5 monsters, which is not exactly easy in Goat Control - then watch your opponent revive 1-3 creatures and begin to fuel the second and third DFusion lol.

That's a good point.  But you seem to be at the mercy of your opponent's side deck still.  A control deck could side in multiple dustshoots and threatening roars without compromising the flow of their own deck.  But an OTK works in such a way that when it side decks, it already compromises the way it performs.  If a dimension fusion costs 2000 LP, that's also less damage a person needs to put on the board to hit the magical sub 2000 mark.  From then on, this Bazoo deck would deck would be playing a different game (beatdown) which it isn't equipped to do.  It also looks like Balter  + some protection could be a huge problem (although from the results, maybe not lol).

rofl. that deck really doesnt seem like it performs well vs your standard goat/chaos. i think the key to playing against this deck is really just pushing for dmg, which is fairly easy considering you run 0 defense. with tgu and golem in the mix, something as simple as vortex could/would end the game for you. not to mention as fat_cat stated, balter just destroys you here. the bare bones tgu + sangan is pretty standard, and with that, many more people running zaborg (more access to balter). i definitely see the otk's here, but honestly, doesnt seem very consistent at all. it abuses fusion obv, but its also not that much faster or more consistent than the rest of the field now that every deck plays 4 sangan. 

3 Bazoo the Soul Eater

3 Thunder Dragon

3 Mezuki

3 Pyramid Turtle

2 Chaos Sorceror

2 Spirit Reaper

1 Tribe-Infecting Virus

1 Morphing Jar

1 Cyber Jar

1 Ryu Kokki

1 Jinzo

1 Dark Magician of Chaos

3 Dragged Down to the Grave

3 Dimension Fusion

2 Giant Trunade

2 Nobleman of Crossout

1 Heavy Storm

1 Card Destruction

1 Lightning Vortex

1 Graceful Charity

1 Pot of Greed

1 Premature Burial

1 Snatch Steal

2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

1 Mystical Space Typhoomn

3 Royal Decree

2 Ojama Trio

3 Royal Oppression

1 Torrential Tribute

1 Return from the Different Dimension

2 Mind Crush

This was the build Furman and I used. It needs to be refined more (removing Jinzo amongst others). I want to add ECon and find a few more ways to improve the deck. But the deck consistently goes off in the first few turns. Ned won the final round with a turn 2 OTK with Snatch Steal and Premature Burial still in hand. Ned also passed on so many explosive plays - but still won because the deck was that much better than standard decks. He opened Graceful, DMOC, Bazoo, Mezuki, DFusion and did not turn 1 Fusion for 2 guys and return Grace/Fusion.