MZAAZM

Newgioh Format Thread

Grimey    8114

Xena!: d fusion is banned

Xena!: in newgioh
the_great_thinker: no its not
Xena!: yes it is
the_great_thinker placed a counter on "Royal Magical Library" in M-3 (now 3)
Xena!: he just banned it
the_great_thinker: source
Xena!: the fucking newgioh website
the_great_thinker: link me
Xena!: googling must be really hard huh
the_great_thinker: its is when playing yugioh
Xena!: that was really hard
Xena!: newgioh.com
the_great_thinker: lol
Xena!: yep
the_great_thinker: i'm officially done with this format then
the_great_thinker: byeeee
the_great_thinker has left the duel

+Mascis    4566

a great thinker

• Upvote 5

MZAAZM    309

This is what I've been running. Been working excellent for me.

0Ln7R6r.png

• Upvote 2

Grimey    8114

"this is what i've been running" 

>no extra deck

very convincing 

• Upvote 2

MZAAZM    309

lol, I choose to not ss them. 

I'm thinking of maybe mjar for reaper.

+Jazz    5538

^ That's only 7 cards off from my build

Here's a hint: something you think is an obvious staple is surprisingly underpowered in the current meta

MZAAZM    309

Here's a hint: something you think is an obvious staple is surprisingly underpowered in the current meta

SANGAN!!

If you're still talking about Tour Guide, you're nuts. The card is such a utility box, early on it ensures you have consistent access to Sinister Serpent, and as the game goes longer it becomes an out to pretty much every non-TER threat in the format by making Acid Golem. There isn't a stage in the game where the card isn't the stone nuts. First couple turns, it's 2000 floating damage, TGU on an open board is so unfair, having DDWL for the Sangan on the following turn doesn't even feel good. The only counterplays to early Tour Guides that feel good are if you can either set a strong Magician of Faith, and they don't have a NoC. You can Dustshoot the TGU so you just don't have to deal with it, which I found myself doing a lot. Or you respond with a tour guide of your own, and just accept the lost 2000 life as a cost for getting the ability to let your Sangan search after your opponent's.

Midgame? Well, if sangan is still in your deck and there isn't an immediate threat you can get whatever your hand needs. Sinister Serpent, MoF, Tsuku, whatever piece you need for the situation or matchup. If there is an immediate threat, you can just clear it with Acid Golem. The worst case for the card is if they're sitting on a TER, and even that isn't bad if you have a Sangan in your deck, as you can easily either stall out their TER or get to search a tsuku to out the TER

Lategame Acid Golem, and double Tour Guide pokes are both solid finishers that play around different things. Don't want to lose to saku? hit with 2 tour guides instead of making acid. Need a big guy that doesn't die to pyramid turtle? Make Acid Golem. The versatility of the card is so huge here.

If you're not still talking about tgu, disregard this post.

+Jazz    5538

I run 3 TGUs now @_@

Sorry that old post was retarded, you are correct

• Upvote 1

TFJ    618
I have never played this, but NoC and Serpent in my mind seem weaker. I still think NoC is very strong though when it goes off.
  • Upvote 1

Book of Moon, NoC, and Scapegoat all feel at least slightly weaker here than they did in goats. NoC is heavily matchup dependent, Scapegoat is the stone nuts against Monarch decks and pretty mediocre everywhere else, and Book of Moon is just kinda meh in general. Serpent is very slightly less powerful with the absence of Duo, but you get to play stuff like maindeck Abyss Soldier, and triple Meta without garbage like Merchant in your deck because of Tour Guide giving you consistent access to Serpent. Ease of Serpent access also makes Scapegoat considerably less important since you have really easy level 1 access.

If I had to guess, I'd say he's talking about Scapegoat, but I'm not totally sure. The only reason I was playing it was I expected a lot of people playing monarch decks at the ARG, and Monarchs just can't beat Scapegoat ever.

Grimey    8114

>chose to not to screenshot my extra deck

EVERYONE PLAYS THE SAME 13 CARDS WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU LMFAO 

• Upvote 1

MZAAZM    309

>chose to not to screenshot my extra deck

EVERYONE PLAYS THE SAME 13 CARDS WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU LMFAO 

that guy..lol

(wanted to actually post photos of that same deck with actual cards..but cell phone cam not working)

Doom Engine    6

"le sekrit tech" game strong

Pidragon    6

What I learned today:

- spell caster control is pretty good. Really liking wonder wand + TER

- you should still play around t1 breakers

Spellcaster control is amazing, and why would you stop playing around t1 breaker?  And especially now that it's at 2, it's even more relevant.

Pidragon    6

I would prefer Kycoo instead of Skilled Dark. Kycoo stops Sorcerer, Zombies, Night Assailant and more. Skilled Dark survives more stuff but in the end he's just a vanilla monster and both get run over by Cyber Dragon anyway.

PWWB is too risky without Night Assailant or some kind of discard outlet. To fix that I would remove those PWWB and then I would cut one TGU. Without Night Assailant, I think 3 are too much. Then you could replace those PWWB with some standard removal like Sakuretsu or Bottomless. And now that DMoC is harder to get out maybe you could cut 1 Meta and replace it with Brain Control. Alternatively, if you want to keep those PWWB keep those 3 TGU and add 2 Night Assailant as I mentioned.

I would also try to add 1 or 2 DDWL in here. You only have 4 Lights for 2 Sorcerers.

Maybe at this point you've changed your mind, like Jazz, but uh.... if you're running TGU you most likely should be running 3.  and I don't know how many times I ahve to say this, but I don't think DDWL counts as a light, I odn't know if people disagree with me or what, but if you use it right, it's never in the grave, so if you want lights as a target for say sorcerer, DDWL is not the answer.

Pidragon    6

what do you mean "moving towards" 

if you're a competent player you're not shoving extra tgu targets in your deck for no reason 

I love this in so many ways.

Soul    7941
I don't even think Breaker is that good honestly, unless you are playing something with 3 Wand in it.
  • Upvote 1

Soul    7941
I haven't messed around with Machines or Spellcasters ftr. I feel like machines are just hindered in general by tgu chump blocking you as well as Goats just stopping you from punching in dmg. Spellcasters seem interesting, simply because they would be the "fastest" deck. Also allows you to play around with your own TER with out the use of Tsuk/BoM.

I think if you aren't running some sort of control with 3 tgu and 3 pwwb, you are ultimately doing it wrong. It's just retardedly consistent, and the only match I've dropped is to Perovic at like 1 am (basically running the same deck with added flips).

Moving forward, I'd probably look into E-Con just because of its applications across the board with TGU, as well as perfectly outing your opponents own TGU by taking Sangan and overlaying with it, while searching with your own.

Anyone know if there are any events for this format coming up?