Forlum

Suicide Squad

Just saw it. Overall, much better than I expected in several regards, but I was left with wanting more in the execution and organization perspective. Soundtrack was fantastic though. 

This had so much potential to put DC on the map. Hopefully, a sequel gets greenlit and the writing, editing, and directors get overhauled. With even a competent staff, this would have been huge hit. 

+Paraliel+    8030
7 hours ago, rap tap said:

i saw it, 5/10

Hide contents

the ride is fun, it's visually neat

some of the actors are serviceable and others are bland bordering on bad

the movie pauses every couple of scenes to remind you that harley did something interesting and forces you to pay attention

over-saturated with characters and some of them get shoved to the sideline for it like katana, killer croc, and captain boomerang though the movie could've done without them

killer croc kills those guys in the sewer for what reason again???

speaking of the sewer scene, our "heroes" face a moral dilemma where detonating the charge kills el diablo but nobody gives a shit about the unnamed soldier underneath or any of the other extras that die

this movie does a great job of making amanda waller seem cold as ever

it also makes everyone stays "hip" with quips and it really felt more like DC imitating marvel's writing than organic

jared leto's joker is seriously awful

the movie wants to do too much at any given time similar to what i heard the case was with BvS, we go on a rescue mission for amanda and then deal with the joker's bullshit and about an HOUR after the squad shows up do they actually even address the problem they were sent to fix

He killed corrupted soldiers in the sewer

+Paraliel+    8030

Movie was extremely bad and failed on every part of film making. I give it a 2/10.

I can see that the writers thought that Harley was a great character, you know with the panning to her every 5 seconds to give a one liner that 95% of the time were too try-hard to even be funny.

• Upvote 1

+Mascis    4553

i give it a 10/10 be cause im very into the lowest forms of entertainment, i.e tits, ass, guns. i am also a horrible racists, a juggalo, and i think lowly of Australians. i've been to prison as well, so i identify with the protagonists of this film. my eyes are very sensitive, so this films literal darkness was a refreshing change of pace from the oversaturated marvel movies. i believe the hate for this movie is unwarranted. i am one the hundreds of people who have signed the petition to shut down rotten tomatoes, a website owned by warner brothers. i disagree with these "professional" critics. this movie had the perfect tone of being not funny and not too dark

• Upvote 5

Jesus the Jew    986
9 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

Just saw it. Overall, much better than I expected in several regards, but I was left with wanting more in the execution and organization perspective. Soundtrack was fantastic though. 

This had so much potential to put DC on the map. Hopefully, a sequel gets greenlit and the writing, editing, and directors get overhauled. With even a competent staff, this would have been huge hit. 

I've been hearing that a lot of the movie's issues are due to the execs butting their heads in too much.

herbie ✌    1340

Pretty much the same problem as BvS.
They need to make a separate film executives can edit and try to cram shit into and then just throw it in the garbage where it belongs.

• Upvote 1

Grimey    8113

As someone who lives in Toronto and progressively watched this film get made, I'm pretty disappointed. The story-line was all over the place. For the first half of the movie I had no idea whatsoever why they were organizing these villains. Then it felt like they made up a use for the villains at the last second. Also EVERYTHING in this movie was cliche. ALSO, during the filming of this movie in Toronto, they had tanks set-up all around downtown to be used as props. There wasn't a single tank in the movie though????????? Wtf???????????????????

zubby    234

I enjoyed the film, though did notice it had some issues. If the list of stuff cut is true, it's kinda of disappointing, as I feel they may have helped a bit.
Also unsure on Leto's joker, would have liked to see more to get a better opinion of him.

herbie ✌    1340
On 7/14/2015 at 11:07 AM, Jojo. said:

Tbh any movie staring Will Smith I look forward to. The films may not always meet my expectations but these actors are consistent. So hopefully this will be a good film.

Yeah Will Smith is remarkably good at playing himself in every movie ever.
A true artist.

• Upvote 3

Telvin123    387

Saw it. Or more like, I forced myself to watch 50 min. of it, then decided to just skip to the ending and mid-credits scene. Just could not be bothered, it was overall devoid of any humor, and it somehow managed to be even worse than BvS. Won't bother repeating the criticisms, but I'm baffled that I'm left actually not minding a Deadshot movie. Will Smith was actually pretty decent. But yea, just about everyone else in the movie other than Amanda Waller and Deadshot (though she definitely needs a non-awful plot to work with, yeesh) needs to just never show up again, or be recast. (Namely Joker and... probably Harley)

Also, what is it with DCEU movies and bad editing? I don't recall if MoS had the same issues, but it's becoming a trend.

On 8/14/2016 at 8:00 PM, Telvin123 said:

Saw it. Or more like, I forced myself to watch 50 min. of it, then decided to just skip to the ending and mid-credits scene. Just could not be bothered, it was overall devoid of any humor, and it somehow managed to be even worse than BvS. Won't bother repeating the criticisms, but I'm baffled that I'm left actually not minding a Deadshot movie. Will Smith was actually pretty decent. But yea, just about everyone else in the movie other than Amanda Waller and Deadshot (though she definitely needs a non-awful plot to work with, yeesh) needs to just never show up again, or be recast. (Namely Joker and... probably Harley)

Also, what is it with DCEU movies and bad editing? I don't recall if MoS had the same issues, but it's becoming a trend.

The editing and transitions in this are terrible. Like these people should never be allowed to work on a movie again terrible To be fair, I can't imagine the writing being that terrible to basically skip around with no real sense of continuity which probably means several parts were cut in the final stage. 

I didn't think Margot Robbie was so bad as Harley. Pretty much what I expected for a live action Harley tbh 

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14119

I just wish she had a consistent accent.

• Upvote 1

Telvin123    387
2 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

The editing and transitions in this are terrible. Like these people should never be allowed to work on a movie again terrible To be fair, I can't imagine the writing being that terrible to basically skip around with no real sense of continuity which probably means several parts were cut in the final stage. 

I didn't think Margot Robbie was so bad as Harley. Pretty much what I expected for a live action Harley tbh 

Yea, I was recently mad from watching such a bad movie, which is why I said "probably" to begin with. In hindsight, it's not even like I can think of someone to play Harley perfectly anyhow, so she may as well continue the role. Definitely needs a better script to work with though.

herbie ✌    1340

Honestly the actors were the best part of the movie.
The problem is you can only do so much with a piece of shit.

Bazoo    5698

I think the original cut was probably pretty good film. They smashed it to pieces with post-edits and studio pressure.

Mr Dragon    312

Warner Bros. just announced that they're releasing an extended cut in the DVD release on the 15th of November. It almost seems like they've got some strange fucked up DLCesque idea of making shittily edited cinematic releases of their films then making viewers have to buy the entire film again on DVD to see a film that was cut together with some semblance of common sense. 

+Mascis    4553

it's kinda fucking awesome

spend millions on a movie, final cut is shit but make your money back anyway

release the movie again but fix all the shit people said was wrong with, make more money from salse

it's like when lucas re cut all the star wars and charged you sheep for a shitty version haha get owned

herbie ✌    1340

Yeah man we're all sheep and you're the superior being who has to think about the expense of going to see a movie.

• Upvote 3