Pengwan

Kozmo - Discussion

»victor    6400

Isn't it like flip mask of restrict and you lose the same as anti spell means you auto beat pepe

I think Monarch decks play Trap Eater for it.

Also, something like Galaxy Cyclone in grave takes it out of the equation.

Also, things like Royal Decree can be played beyond the obvious Typhoon, Twin Twister (discard Prime, Pantheism for instance).

Pretty sure you just don't play against people who know how to play kozmo. I can't see how you ever win game 1 tbh unless the kozmo player is just throwing their cards into your storm forth.

Erebus doesn't target either, and the Fiends.

Mitch    86
Ya like stormforth erubus majesty fiend and the fact that the deck is pretty resilient to otks with prime/escalation plays sort of push that deck over the top against this

Pretty sure you just don't play against people who know how to play kozmo. I can't see how you ever win game 1 tbh unless the kozmo player is just throwing their cards into your storm forth.

like someone else said, the fiends are a bitch.

Also kind of hard to play around stormforth w/o leaving yourself open to get otk'd. Also hard to otk monarchs too, even for kozmo.

ibGehring+    1409

Which fifteen did you play?

2 Chimeratech Fortress Drafon

2 Constallar Pleaides

1 Number 61: Volcasaurus

1 Gaia Dragon, Thunder Charger

1 Constallar Ptolemy M7

1 Cyber Dragon Nova

1 Cyber Dragon Infinity

1 Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand

1 Tiras Keeper of Genesis

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Stardust Dragon

1 PSYFramelord Omega

1 Black Rose Dragon

I used most my extra, other than the Sycnhros and Dweller. No other rank 4 was worth it, where Dweller would great vs the matchups needed if I had to make it.

I should have had Star Eater in there > Omega (which sucks) and the Stardust was pointless so it would also be something else.

I didn't even know what Star Eater did, but would have been perfect against mirror.

I didn't play Kozmojo. I did not like it. I felt it just added to much to your bad hands, and only won more a lot vs the mirror and sucked vs everything else. If you didn't pair it with a ship at the correct time it was worse than any other card you could be playing.

I'd probably use One for One next time in the main because Tincan is really that damn good. I would possibly consider using an Oasis, but I didn't put time into the ratios enough. Tbh I didn't even know what half the cards in the format did and was just learning as I went.

My side was

3 Anti Spell Fragrance

1 Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit

2 Cyber Dragon Core

1 Cyber Dragon

2 The Monarchs Stormforth

2 Majesty's Fiend

1 Twin Twister

1 Quaking Mirror Force

1 Soul Charge
1 Kozmotown

I brought in Kozmotown and Soul Charge vs non-pepe/magician as you can afford your deck to be a bit worse. Soul Charge is just ridiculous with Tincan. It just locks the game up.

I played a Quaking Mirror Force just because if you flip it on BA they pretty much deck out (not that I was worried about BA). Also, against the mirror g3, if you see Fiends you can just destroy them. Also, the fact that it doesn't return to hand like Storming is better as they can't just ruin you later with those same ships.

The other stuff is pretty standard. I never lost a game Anti Spell resolved. The card is so unfair. 

I would play a 2nd Cyber Dragon over a Core simply because it does not use your normal summon so you can follow up with Tincan/Farmgirl. They also help make Infinity which is massive, while outing opposing Infnity. I sided in the Cyber Dragon vs pepe every time. I wish I had more, as they Infinity t1 if they can. So you just blow them out pretty badly.

I would probably take out the Twin Twister for a Goodwitch too, as Goodwith is another great answer to Infinity, and good for forcing your opponent to act in the mirror first.
  • Upvote 4

!Shining Bind!    220

The 3rd place Kozmo deck didn't play call and only ran 2 tincan, along wirh a smaller artifact engine with 2 scythe and 2 Ignition. It played 3 farmgirl, 2 wicked, and 2 mojo. It's interesting to see two radically different builds do well in the face of new PePe.

I wouldnt say they are radically different. I talked to 3rd place guy and he basically said it's artifacts with kozmo (2 scythe, 2 igitions+1twin) as the artfiacts put in a lot more work. G2 anti-spell with sanctum was the nuts. he went 8-2 in swiss (8-1 vs pepe, 0-1 kozmo). top cut he vsed BA then all PEPE. He did well.

The build that was radically different was the 1st place place finisher (x-0) at the end of the swiss round. he played 3xsoar troopers and 4xcalls (3call, 1oasis). Unlike artfiact kozmo it has a better mirror matchup too.

I'm curious about that build as well. Where did you see it? I've been looking but no luck

Onion    12

I'm curious about that build as well. Where did you see it? I've been looking but no luck

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12540901_10153980330732625_343647026426794137_n.jpg?oh=138f1f63a4ded72098a7ac8c39df2aa2&oe=5706ED04

12540901_10153980330732625_3436470264267

Sorry for the potato quality, it's all I could find.  I heard he went undefeated in swiss, then lost in tp 32.  The deck is pretty intense, still need to play more vs Pepe.   So many plays than the artifact build.  With Soartroopers you can go double  Leviar into F0 which is huge in the mirror. Idk about the dark holes and terras though. I'd cut them for hand traps in case you go second.  

!Shining Bind!    220

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12540901_10153980330732625_343647026426794137_n.jpg?oh=138f1f63a4ded72098a7ac8c39df2aa2&oe=5706ED04
12540901_10153980330732625_3436470264267

Sorry for the potato quality, it's all I could find.  I heard he went undefeated in swiss, then lost in tp 32.  The deck is pretty intense, still need to play more vs Pepe.   So many plays than the artifact build.  With Soartroopers you can go double  Leviar into F0 which is huge in the mirror. Idk about the dark holes and terras though. I'd cut them for hand traps in case you go second.  
Seems to me that once you kill both Ignister, you basically just win vs PePe.

I found the build on a YouTube channel and tested it. It's incredibly explosive and resiliant due to call/oasis. I think effect veiler is probably a good addition to the main as an out to Infinity turn 1 and ignister after. The Dark Holes just seem meh to me, especially since PePe can refill their board with little difficulty. I also think a second goodwitch is a possibility, that card plus any ship outs just about any board PePe can set up turn one

chrona    83
Most of the time you don't use dark hole to clear the field but to set up yours for an otk, call plays an more

ibGehring+    1409
They used dark hole to get tincan turn 1
Like u summon pilot and banish for ship then dark hole for can then town either your pilot or ship back setting up your entire game.
It does also just force infinity.
  • Upvote 1

M.C.B.    172

Loved Star Eater all weekend. ;)

I read someone else write about star eater too

what is so good about it in this meta?

Fullerene60    382

1. It can play around all the mirror force cards
2. It doesnt get wrecked by bit bite turtle
3. You can cheat and convince your opponent that it will attack through a damage juggler and have them scoop prematurely

brighteyes    2150
It eats stars so that kind of goes along with the theme of Kozmo.

Flimsy    8
Wouldn't Ghost ogre be better than veiler in a build with calls/oasis since you can just call or oasis it back and force your opponent into the battle phase?

Nate1080    1232
A friend of mine that plays Kozmo has been playing Instant Fusion into Panzer Dragon to make Infinity with Sliprider at will.

At worst, its a 2600 wall that blows up a card upon death.

Might be a valid approach as Kozmo goes deeper into the format.

»Jeff Jones    13262

I was already doing that for the longest.

Opening up with it is pure aids. its amazing if I could just never draw it until after I've established things, but thats not the case. Kozmo cannot afford having dead cards early game as long as Pepe is a deck. You need to mitagte this by cutting as many cards as possible that arent playable in your opening hand.

• Upvote 3

M.C.B.    172

I was already doing that for the longest.

Opening up with it is pure aids. its amazing if I could just never draw it until after I've established things, but thats not the case. Kozmo cannot afford having dead cards early game as long as Pepe is a deck. You need to mitagte this by cutting as many cards as possible that arent playable in your opening hand.

the combinations of Instant and Ogre are the best, but as you said. dead in the opening hand

another reason I am contemplating hand traps all together

brighteyes    2150

I have actually playing around with Instant Fusions as well for a couple of days now but I quickly came to the same conclusion and Jeff and cut that shit after tonight.

citrus    21

Can someone explain the strength of Star Eater in the mirror match?  Is it just the 3200 that lets it run over Destroyer and Eclipser?  It's pretty cool that it basically dodges Solemn Strike, but, unless I'm missing something, Destroyer can still pop this outside of battle, right?

!Shining Bind!    220

Is anyone remotely confident in any of their current side deck choices? If so, what cards have you been liking and why? 

25unwj4.png

That's my current side for a more pure build of Kozmo. It's been working well for me.

Gameciel is for the mirror, BA, and random ass decks like Shaddoll that use floodgate monsters other than Vanity's Fiend

Ogre is for PePe for obvious reasons

Chalice is going second against PePe, to force your plays through Infinity/Rafflesia

Twisters vs trap heavy

Anti-Spell vs Pendulum decks going first.

Mojo for the mirror, BA, and other monster floodgate decks.

I'm constantly switching stuff around. But the cards i'm most confident in are Anti-Spell, Twisters, and the Mojos. Those are the ones that have consistently performed well 

ibGehring+    1409
Twin Twister is not good in Kozmo. Your cards are so valuable. You also do not care much about traps. You are better off using MST and simple 1 for 1 effect as your monsters are what gains the significant advantage.

Also drawing 2 Twister is the absolute worst. Drawing 2 MST isn't as bad as you can hold it for a relevant turn where double twister you are kind of forced to discard the 2nd or you will be down too many cards especially when most shit is chainable.

Maybe you see it differently but yeah, I think traps fail against this deck most of the time.

Also I think kozmojo is rubbish. Has the same issue as twisters. Also cyber dragons are just better for the mirror and are relevant vs pepe. Also kozmo is better than every other deck that would require you to use MOJO so it's pointless.

Also the kaiju stuff isn't all that great vs mirror when all they do is call back the guy you tribute and otk you with your own card. I think there are better options like cyber dragon...
  • Upvote 7

!Shining Bind!    220

Twin Twister is not good in Kozmo. Your cards are so valuable. You also do not care much about traps. You are better off using MST and simple 1 for 1 effect as your monsters are what gains the significant advantage.

Also drawing 2 Twister is the absolute worst. Drawing 2 MST isn't as bad as you can hold it for a relevant turn where double twister you are kind of forced to discard the 2nd or you will be down too many cards especially when most shit is chainable.

Maybe you see it differently but yeah, I think traps fail against this deck most of the time.

Also I think kozmojo is rubbish. Has the same issue as twisters. Also cyber dragons are just better for the mirror and are relevant vs pepe.

I understand the argument on Twisters, though my local meta is a ton of trap decks relative to the format. so it's probably shaped by that. Since I play revival traps, pitching monsters really isn't painful.

I do disagree with Mojo though. Because the decks you side it against just fall apart at the right timing. It ends crash wars in the mirror and deals with their Kozmotown. Has niche uses against BA as well by banishing Graff, but that's an easy matchup anyway. It's really just amazing in the mirror. Cydra isn't nearly as strong as it used to be because of Call/Oasis seeing play. Sending Kozmo monsters to the grave isn't that impressive anymore because of how builds have changed to accommodate Tincan

M.C.B.    172

Kozmojo is a great card, though it needs setup. But setup is...having a ship. Which you do most of the time anyway. Drawing multiples is cancer, agreed.

I tried the Artifact variant. One word: BRICK.

• Upvote 1