Angeles

2015 Fantasy Football

Jazz    5323
1 hour ago, Francis J Underwood said:

So with FD and DK merging: I'm trying to learn ppr (supposedly more consistent anyway). Lineups arent too much different (guys like Keenan Allen and role players like woodhead obv have more value there), but the interface is so god awful. 

Is there anyway I can alter it? Or alter my computer so it alters it?

I hate their interface too. I don't think you can alter it. I think the mobile app is better, but I always struggled with editing my lineups en mass without using a desktop browser. I found the pictures of players on FD to be very helpful in quickly evaluating a lineup.

If they merge, hopefully we get the best of both worlds. FD-like interface with DK-like speed. I sort of doubt they merge for at least 1 more football season though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

I hate their interface too. I don't think you can alter it. I think the mobile app is better, but I always struggled with editing my lineups en mass without using a desktop browser. I found the pictures of players on FD to be very helpful in quickly evaluating a lineup.

If they merge, hopefully we get the best of both worlds. FD-like interface with DK-like speed. I sort of doubt they merge for at least 1 more football season though.

oh god the late pivot on DK to Rawls won me so much money last yr in tournament that week lol. Late Swap and paying attention ftw

• Upvote 1

Jazz    5323
12 hours ago, Francis J Underwood said:

oh god the late pivot on DK to Rawls won me so much money last yr in tournament that week lol. Late Swap and paying attention ftw

That week literally made me start playing on DK. I was so sad I missed out on that.

Jazz    5323
On 6/29/2016 at 7:33 PM, Francis J Underwood said:

Is there any interest in a dynasty league besides us 3?

Looks like not.

TBH probably a good thing like you said, would get too stale. With DFS 'back', I'd rather focus on that and play a few redraft leagues. I'm up for the dgz redraft league again, it's a good tradition at this point.

As far as sleepers go, damn I have no idea. I think AJ Green is a first rounder this year and I don't want to draft an RB in the first round preferably, although I do like David Johnson (proven talent, young, good offense, no good competition). I'd also love to steal Deangello Williams a round before the Le'veon Bell owner if I can. Does Eddie Lacy count as a sleeper? He was fat last year and now he's not.

7 hours ago, Jazz said:

Looks like not.

TBH probably a good thing like you said, would get too stale. With DFS 'back', I'd rather focus on that and play a few redraft leagues. I'm up for the dgz redraft league again, it's a good tradition at this point.

As far as sleepers go, damn I have no idea. I think AJ Green is a first rounder this year and I don't want to draft an RB in the first round preferably, although I do like David Johnson (proven talent, young, good offense, no good competition). I'd also love to steal Deangello Williams a round before the Le'veon Bell owner if I can. Does Eddie Lacy count as a sleeper? He was fat last year and now he's not.

love green this year

johnson is no morenproven than cj anderson or monter vall so idk what youre smoking

eddie lacy idl because thebpackers dont seem to want to eun the football

Jazz    5323
1 hour ago, Francis J Underwood said:

love green this year

johnson is no morenproven than cj anderson or monter vall so idk what youre smoking

eddie lacy idl because thebpackers dont seem to want to eun the football

Montee Ball never played well as a feature back. CJ Anderson is actually really good, but he got hurt early (constant ankle problems) and then they took the ball away from him to preserve him for the stretch run. I saw DJ do it for half a season and excel in a role that Chris Johnson was mediocre at. He's also a really good pass catcher, and I'm assuming he improves his game in year 2. I'm picturing the godly Year 2 of Le'veon Bell. Only risk seems to be health or bad coaching. Being a SPARQ freak is a plus. Talent should win out in the end.

I think Lacy has a bounce back year. Jordy Nelson improves the offense so much. He should be like Doug Martin last year but actually get TDs. The fact that he had a down year and Starks failed to capitalize, and then they didn't add anybody to the roster, makes me think this is Lacy's job again so long as he stays in shape. Also, schedule wise, getting to play the AFC South and the NFC East is about as good as it gets for a fantasy RB.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Montee Ball never played well as a feature back. CJ Anderson is actually really good, but he got hurt early (constant ankle problems) and then they took the ball away from him to preserve him for the stretch run. I saw DJ do it for half a season and excel in a role that Chris Johnson was mediocre at. He's also a really good pass catcher, and I'm assuming he improves his game in year 2. I'm picturing the godly Year 2 of Le'veon Bell. Only risk seems to be health or bad coaching. Being a SPARQ freak is a plus. Talent should win out in the end.

I think Lacy has a bounce back year. Jordy Nelson improves the offense so much. He should be like Doug Martin last year but actually get TDs. The fact that he had a down year and Starks failed to capitalize, and then they didn't add anybody to the roster, makes me think this is Lacy's job again so long as he stays in shape. Also, schedule wise, getting to play the AFC South and the NFC East is about as good as it gets for a fantasy RB.

Idk I don't really trust guys who have only done it for 0.5 to 1 season because more often than not, they get overdrafted and bust. The only exception I have had to this in years is Todd Gurley who litten the league on fire as a rookie.

Not really high on DJ's production as a rusher. Outside the Philly game, he was pretty average. Being a receiver can mitigate that and so should improvements to the o-line (mathis), but idk how much of that was DJ vs The Cards passing attack was much more well respected and there was limited film on him. 

Ball and CJ aren't the only examples. I could probably name 100 others (Peyton Hillis), but you get the point. I do like CJ's value this year (5th round) as they should run a more traditional kubiak offense. 

I dont trust the Packers to involve the run much. I watched a lot of GB last year. They almost always threw it when they got to the goal line. Whether it was a little WR bubble screen or a fade or whatever, it was throwing over running. I suspect Nelson returning only ups that. 

SoS is such a shitty metric because its useless. It doesn't account for Roster turnover. It's not gonna be the cake walk it was last year and far from it imo. 

My WR rankings

1. Antonio Brown

2. Julio Jones

3. Odell Beckham Jr

4. AJ Green 

5. Keenan Allen

6. DeAndre Hopkins 

7. T.Y. Hilton 

8. Allen Robinson 

9. Dez Bryant 

10. Jordy Nelson (31 years old, ACL Tear in a division where pass D improved a lot)