Alternates you see above are a bunch of go to rando synchros and

Cairn

Omega

Emeral

Feral Imps

Ragnazero

Corn

Roach

This is all stemming from the Clownblade theory thread so thank you sess, bistro, etc for the base to build off of.

The ratios on everything will be tweaked with upon more testing but tonight this has been hilariously fun.

The attribute ratios make the amount of burster, collapse, and gigantes feel pretty comfortable at 2 each with but with more than half of the extra being light as well, a 3 collapse felt ok to test out. Haven't had any issues with that as of yet.

Jewel has been fun but the deck does great without it. Drawing it almost seems winmoar but it can definitely push the midgame into late game by refilling the grave. 2 for now seems fine for now since I'm scared of it bricking me out. 

Extra decks having a 15 card limit makes it very tough but siding for this outside of your standard floodgate hate could very well be more extra deck cards to filter in for certain matchups. 

Ignore the synchros. I'm tired and this went from a 60 card Clownkick with plant engines enabling them to this in about an hour or so. This thing looks so inexpensive too so if anyone is willing to test and tweak with me, I might make an appearance at my first event in about 5 or 6 years. Could be fun. 

DGZ - TYGO

It's about 1:45 am here so if I missed something obvious, whoops... I'm tired, fuck off. Otherwise, someone build this and fuck around with it on DN so I can see someone else play it and see what plays I haven't thought to try yet. Gnite all and thank you for reading my babble.

• Upvote 2

Bistro    15
I actually play tested a little last night against shadoll and nekroz. I was playing a build wrote like this. I was playing a few less monsters for bts and an emptiness. I wasn't paying the bts's originally but winda absolutely destroys this deck and unicore can be a pain as well. Personally I thought the mini dragons were adding some unneeded inconsistency to the deck requiring you to have a turn or two of set up to really make them live and useful. Same with the Gigante so I think cutting down on those cards are the way to go.

For some one ofs I was playing a glow up and a goblindberg. The glow up is pretty much a searchable nat beast and sometimes trishula. And the goblindberg is another rota target that can get you out of rough hands.

As for 2 or 3 jewels I did find that they can be dead draws at some points but I didn't think about summoner monk. So with monk I think 3 could be passable especially because sticking one for 2+ turns can just snowball advantage for you.

For the extra deck, I found a random card that could be good. Gogogo Goliath. He detaches to add an earth rock from grave to hand. Can be used to extend combos by adding gigantes and triggering jewels.

Also I think damage juggler is like the best card and should be at 3.you always want to draw it.

»Tygo    14137

I think glow up bulb would fit pretty well in this.

I mean... gotta gimme a little more than that. I'd have to revamp the entire extra for it so you'd have to have good reasoning behind it. 

Don't just make 1 lined suggestions. We go through enough telling people to put details in OPs... don't make us think we gave posters too much credit when we assumed we'd all put forth the same effort in responses.

edit: ninja'd by the exact way you should post.

»Tygo    14137

I actually play tested a little last night against shadoll and nekroz. I was playing a build wrote like this. I was playing a few less monsters for bts and an emptiness. I wasn't paying the bts's originally but winda absolutely destroys this deck and unicore can be a pain as well. Personally I thought the mini dragons were adding some unneeded inconsistency to the deck requiring you to have a turn or two of set up to really make them live and useful. Same with the Gigante so I think cutting down on those cards are the way to go.

For some one ofs I was playing a glow up and a goblindberg. The glow up is pretty much a searchable nat beast and sometimes trishula. And the goblindberg is another rota target that can get you out of rough hands.

As for 2 or 3 jewels I did find that they can be dead draws at some points but I didn't think about summoner monk. So with monk I think 3 could be passable especially because sticking one for 2+ turns can just snowball advantage for you.

For the extra deck, I found a random card that could be good. Gogogo Goliath. He detaches to add an earth rock from grave to hand. Can be used to extend combos by adding gigantes and triggering jewels.

Also I think damage juggler is like the best card and should be at 3.you always want to draw it.

I was also playing a one of zephyros and it tested really well

bts is a great choice i hadn't thought of but as much as glo sounds great, there are so many more rank 4's I'd rather run than synchros and it doesn't help the winda situation you meantioned either. Goblin I can test. The mini's and gigantes have been working pretty well since normally in the first 5 cards, you can do so many other things and hold them for next turn as a follow up. Everything is at most a 2 card combo so holding 1 while the rest of your hand puts in work kind of makes sure you have a follow up next turn these cards are ripping through their backrow and stacking your grave.

Sorry I thought it was obvious for Trishula and natural beast but I could've been specific on reasons. I haven't really posted too much in a long time so yeah my bad.

Bistro    15

I think the next step in this deck is finding the edge that makes not just good but great. And after that great against the meta. It needs something that is inherently more unfair than just a rank 4 spam deck because stellarknights do the same thing but better because they have triverr.

Pretty much what is the incentive to play this deck at a higher level event than nekroz or whatever.

I've only brainstormed a bit but the first thing i thought of could be interesting... playing 1 shadow mist and 1 plasma. This gives the deck a way to put a big threat on the board that's not from the extra deck (obv good against nekroz and shaddoll) that also deals with a threat and IS skill drain. It also synergizes with the mini dragons because its better than making rank 4s with them. And lastly its 'searchable' by math/jewels.

If the deck is going to competitively good instead of just a random rank 4 deck i think it needs more stuff like this.

Also a random tech card i thought of is moon mirror shield because you can put it on your floaters to deal with their threats without making a rank 4 and is something they have to deal with. Its especailly good on trick clown after bringing it back from the grave.

Sess    280

For outing Winda it's one of the reasons I like enemy controller in here. I ended up putting a second copy in my build though I'm running the close to 60 cards build. I really like it as a dual-purpose card that can provide defence and also aggressive plays. Also I feel like veiler or some other kind of effect negation is mandatory in here for trishula. Stuff like summon clown/baby chaos dragon, enemy controller to take unicore to rank 4 is just awesome. If they ever leave a valkyrus on board you can take that to tribute itself and a clown as well.

As weird as going over 40 can be, I feel like the deck just plays way better with the addition of the lightsworn draw/mill engine as it speeds up the deck and provides more synergy with wyverburster/collapserpent. Enemy controller also is great for synergy with the baby chaos dragons. Breakthrough skill also happens to have synergy with the mill engine.

Careyious    21

A few changes to the extra I made after playing a few rounds

-1  Honor ARK, it felt like I was doubling up a bit with the Castel and didn't come up more often than the Castel did. 

-1 Xyz Rebellion Dragon, I found the effect was nice, but at the same time, didn't solve any purposes that couldn't be solved through removal via Castel or Diamond Direwolf

-1 Starliege Paladynamo, it didn't really help solve any foreseeable problems beside maybe removing a Winda or Construct.

+1 Masquerade, proved to be strong in allowing me push through Valkyrus as well as negating some BA and Shaddoll effects during the Battle Phase. 

+1 Cairngorgon, this card felt a bit 50/50, he was at his strongest versus weaker players, and weak against good players, which makes his usefulness questionable, but it's nice being able to have something you can just sit on.

+1 Evilswarm Ouroboros, the deck can play 3-material rank 4s almost as well as Tellarknights, and having some hand-destruction is nice, but the real trishula would have been better. (I think there is a better card for this one's place.). 

For the main deck:

I disliked the Collaserpent and Wyvernburster, I found them to be cards I didn't want to see early and without cards like Enemy Controller or a good Synchro engine, I feel like I wasn't getting decent mileage out of them. I ended up running triple Breakthrough Skill and Vanity's Emptiness and Torrential Tribute in its place which may not be the most optimal play, but they made it so I didn't auto-lose against Winda, Unicore, etc and prevented me getting Trishula (both Nekroz and Synchro) a few times. 

Sess    280

Also I like 1 kagetokage in this as well. Kage is a second card to search with king of the feral imps who is one of the best neutral game XYZs to make if you don't immediately need to castel or another XYZ to remove a threat and don't have enough in grave for emeral.

Bistro    15

Also I like 1 kagetokage in this as well. Kage is a second card to search with king of the feral imps who is one of the best neutral game XYZs to make if you don't immediately need to castel or another XYZ to remove a threat and don't have enough in grave for emeral.

I didn't think about this to grab gigobyte.. that's a great idea! or it was already known and i just didn't know lol. that's more of an incentive to play gigobyte for me

Sess    280

Also maybe side-deck a D.D. Warrior lady for threats like winda?

• Upvote 1