Sign in to follow this  
aurirevoir

Battle for Zendikar Spoiler Discussion

»Relianah    4515
Tbf this is different because they literally get the creature back. Chained to the rocks is way better then these and basically stopped seeing play once it was printed
  • Upvote 1

Glimmervoid    92
Won't Knight of the Reliquary and Retreat to Coralhelm thin all Lands in your deck?

If they are Forests or Plains I guess
  • Upvote 1

Mutavault    2900

Its a very cute idea since you only need fetches basics and shocks to work with. Lotus Cobra to ramp up something nuts or even just consistent colonade on the last trigger. I'm sure there is other things you can do with it but that is not an embarrassing idea at least.

• Upvote 1

Stratovarius    79

i think green one is the best for constructed

closest thing you'll get to a scryland, yo

lmao nevermind forgot 3 color decks run at most 5 basics

It doesn't say anything about a basic. Grab any land.

• Upvote 1

Dank Memeston    1716

Its a very cute idea since you only need fetches basics and shocks to work with. Lotus Cobra to ramp up something nuts or even just consistent colonade on the last trigger. I'm sure there is other things you can do with it but that is not an embarrassing idea at least.

You don't even need Lotus Cobra because the lands come in untapped > tap them...

• Upvote 2

HeyyQT    47

My body is ready for esper dragons revamped. Better mana, lack of den protector + thoughtseize, new Baleful strix type card, scorn vs protect the queen strategies, yummmmmmmm. 

wincon less esper also seems really tempting, seems like with the new awakening mechanic you can just play a bunch of proactive value and reactive cards and eventually just get there in a celestial colonnade type way. 

• Upvote 2

Carbon    1883
I like my standard deck but I'm excited for rotation.
Indy is the day after rotation right? I'm guessing for the first event people are gonna be lazy and just play Abzan with Ob in it.

Pretty sure I'm playing a copy of Tasigur in most of my decks.
Considering the new u/b dual can be fetched out with anything. Seems like a decent stand alone card in most decks.

HeyyQT    47

try something really cool like 5 colour good stuff. the mana will be so perfect and there are alot of value cards with delve that are easily splashable. If i were going to do abzan id probs try a way to fit like ojutai and treasure cruise in it at the start of the season. :D

Mutavault    2900

The blue dragons deck gained really good mana now, its really easy to crush Abzan and Dromoka is almost auto win vs. Jeskai.

• Upvote 1

Dank Memeston    1716

Yeah, I think Abzan will have a presence along with all the other Khans but imo those decks won't be the best - ie. no mix and mash durdle tridecks. This Jeskai Combo deck has been testing well and working how I wanted it but needs a lot more realistic testing. Ramp is def a thing but idk what form it will come in. Red will def be a thing still and maybe some old archetypes, like Warriors, will just straight overgrow onto some other decks so it puts up results. High hopes for Allies too but imo 5 color is a high posibilty but I guess a decent part is how good their Convergence cards match up in the meta. (alongside Rhino + Mantis + maybe Knuckleblade and maybe Treevergenceguy)

I just wish I could focus on more then 1 deck at a time.... mind is allconsumed by this combo deck. :/ (followed by ramp and then wanting to try UG somehow... but I guess with Ugin's Insight that may be also ramp)

• Upvote 1

+Gojira    1706
Man I would love to have a set of expedition posters. No idea where I'd put them all but still XD
  • Upvote 1

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

Good:

Windswept Heath, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh, Prairie Stream, Polluted Delta, Misty Rainforest, Godless Shrine, Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista, Breeding Pool (!!!), Arid Mesa

Meh:

Overgrown Tomb, Temple Garden, Steam Vents, Sacred Foundry, Hallowed Fountain, Flooded Strand, Bloodstained Mire

Bad:

Wooded Foothills, Watery Grave, Verdant Catacombs, Stomping Ground, Scalding Tarn, Marsh Flats, Blood Crypt

• Upvote 1

I really want to own 1 expedition from each cycle  (1 allied fetch, 1 allied shock land, 1 enemy fetch, 1 enemy shock land).

Or if its too expensive just 1 of anything honestly.

Though the text box does ruin the art of the cards quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

HeyyQT    47

There is actually a disgusting BG synergy in this set that I hadn't realized. It will probably be tier 0 in either abzan or sultai....:3

• Upvote 1

»Audioslayne    909

Good:
Windswept Heath, Sunken Hollow, Smoldering Marsh, Prairie Stream, Polluted Delta, Misty Rainforest, Godless Shrine, Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista, Breeding Pool (!!!), Arid Mesa

Meh:
Overgrown Tomb, Temple Garden, Steam Vents, Sacred Foundry, Hallowed Fountain, Flooded Strand, Bloodstained Mire

Bad:
Wooded Foothills, Watery Grave, Verdant Catacombs, Stomping Ground, Scalding Tarn, Marsh Flats, Blood Crypt

Verdant Catacombs is beautiful and that overgrown tomb may be the worst. Other than that I'd say you're spot on.
  • Upvote 1

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

I rated them based on the amount of detail. Overgrown Tomb looks doesn't look like what a tomb that is overgrown would look like, but it does look like something. Stomping Ground is by far the worst.

Of course everyone has their own perspective and taste in lands. Return to Ravnica shocks were a good example - I didn't like most of them, but I could appreciate what the picture was trying to portray. The disparity between amazing pieces like Breeding Pool and steaming shit like Stomping Ground is unforgivable, I don't know how R&D allowed this. 

I'm more mad about the Expeditions than anything else in the set.

• Upvote 1

Mutavault    2900

I mean everyone has their own opinions...but that Misty Rainforest is the best land art thus far by a mile.

• Upvote 4

Carbon    1883

try something really cool like 5 colour good stuff. the mana will be so perfect and there are alot of value cards with delve that are easily splashable. If i were going to do abzan id probs try a way to fit like ojutai and treasure cruise in it at the start of the season. :D

I feel like Kiora might be good in there too.

Her -2 can you get stuff like Rhino/fetches and fill the grave for Treasure Cruise. A deck filled with basically just the best cards regardless of color seems fun lol.

• Upvote 1