Sign in to follow this  
aurirevoir

Battle for Zendikar Spoiler Discussion

Dank Memeston    1716

Idk what you are talking about still but cool things:

Crumble to Dust + Oblivion Sower

Halimar Tidecaller + Rising Miasma (also Scatter, Ruinous and Planar) (also Clutch of currents to bounce Halimar + animate = inf)

Gideon/Sorin + Planeswalkers (preferably turn 4 into turn 5 /Ob Nix)

Quarantine Field + Ramp

From Beyond + Starfield of Nyx

Zulaport + Smothering + Nantuko Husk + Blisterpod + Carrier Thrall + Liliana + Altar's Reap + Rally + Visionary + Bone Splinters = lots of draw and drains (Kalatria Healer also seems cool to bring back, even if the only allys you have are 4 and 4 Zulaport) Smothering also works with Tragic Arrogance and Fleshbag and Excecutioner

Natural Connection + Volcanic Upheaval + Blighted Woodland = lots of on your opponent's turn thingers

Swell of Growth + Atarka's Command + Slab Hammer + Sword of the Animist = Landfall

Nissa + Pilgrimage + Natural Connection + Explosive Vegetation + Blighted Woodland + Shrine of the Forgotten Gods

Kiora + Hangarback + Jace + Chandra + mana dorks + animated lands + retreat to Coralhelm + Disciple of the Ring + Bounding Krasis + Mage-Ring Network/Crucible of the Spirit Dragon + Ojutai

Artificer's Epiphany + Hedron Archive

Herald of Koz + Molten Nurs + Wave + 1/2 cmc colorless things

Scout the Borders + Gather the Pack + Taigems Scheming + Sidisi, Brood Tyrant + Kiora + Return Centaur + Tower Geist = self mill

Ruthless Deathfang + Scions + Outpost Siege

Ojutai's Command + Dragonmaster Outcast + Allys + Felidar Cub

Swift Warkite + Halimar Tidecaller + Wasteland Strangler + Catacomb Sifter + Pilgrim's Eye

Morphs + Colorless matters + Artifacts (Shorecrash Elemental)

Alesha + Drana + Firemantle Mage + Tidecaller + Zulaport + Felidar Cub + Veteran Warleader + Catacomb Sifter + Resolute Blademaster

Heroes Blade + Drana

Retreat to Valakut + Flamewake Phoenix/Ferocious cards

Jeskai Ascendency + Noyan Dar + Awaken

See the Unwritten + Surrak + Ulamog

Also, cards that exile that might be/are relevant:

White:

Quarantine Field

Stasis Snare

Hixus

Hallowed Moonlight

Silkwrap

Suspension Field

Green:

Unnatural Aggresssion

Black:

Transgress the Mind

Grave Birthing

Complete Disregard

Infinite Obliteration

Red:

Crumble to Dust

Touch of the Void

Blue:

Horribly Awry

Spell Shrivel

Blessed Reincarnation

Multicolor:

Anafenza, the Foremost

Abzan Charm

Utter End

Brutal Expulsion

Fathom Feeder

Villanous Wealth

Colorless:

Oblivion Sower

Titan's Pressence

Aligned Hedron Network

• Upvote 1

sisicat    174

Tarns go for more than 400 bucks in Europe at the moment

Would snap that off if I had the moneys, seems cheap enough to justify buying.

Carbon    1883
Ya'll cray.
I'd sell that to someone in a heartbeat. Yeah they look cool but I can do so much more with 400$ than look at a pretty piece of cardboard.
Especially since it's just 1 copy.

+Gemstone Mine    2600

You are smoking something if you actually want to buy those things for 400 a piece. They are 100% not going to be worth that much. I can see a 100 a piece, maybe give or take 50, but if you are spending 400 on any single card, it better be on the reserve list, because that's the only way you are going to be able to sell it for what you paid. You are going to lose a massive amount of money buying those things now.

• Upvote 1

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

Hard to say. Obviously no one is going to open their play sets, so you have to either trade or buy. I predict that a lot of players will open an Expedition land and immediately sell it, because "I'm not going to collect the other three". I don't even think Commander players will keep their one-ofs, they would rather take the money. Vendors and stores will be the ones with most the copies, and they will dictate the price. They will make it as high as they want, and as much as you don't like it, you won't be able to get them from anywhere else. Very reminiscent of old sealed product and power. 

The only way their price could be low is if no one wants them, but the lower they get, the more people will cave and say "I can afford this", which will justify a certain price again.

I think the only thing that will remain consistent is that blue fetches > other fetches > good shocks > bad fetches > other shocklands > tango lands. 

+Gojira    1706

I feel like each individual land will be so rare, demand almost won't matter. There are going to be some number people with a lot of money that want them.

Mutavault    2900

I couldn't find a good picture of the misty yet it was on ebay but the seller only had front angle in bad camera light.

HeyyQT    47

Hard to say. Obviously no one is going to open their play sets, so you have to either trade or buy. I predict that a lot of players will open an Expedition land and immediately sell it, because "I'm not going to collect the other three". I don't even think Commander players will keep their one-ofs, they would rather take the money. Vendors and stores will be the ones with most the copies, and they will dictate the price. They will make it as high as they want, and as much as you don't like it, you won't be able to get them from anywhere else. Very reminiscent of old sealed product and power. 

The only way their price could be low is if no one wants them, but the lower they get, the more people will cave and say "I can afford this", which will justify a certain price again.

I think the only thing that will remain consistent is that blue fetches > other fetches > good shocks > bad fetches > other shocklands > tango lands. 

This man understand economics. 

Also its kind of silly to think they will hit $100 when foil ktk deltas are 100...

sisicat    174

You are smoking something if you actually want to buy those things for 400 a piece. They are 100% not going to be worth that much. I can see a 100 a piece, maybe give or take 50, but if you are spending 400 on any single card, it better be on the reserve list, because that's the only way you are going to be able to sell it for what you paid. You are going to lose a massive amount of money buying those things now.

Apparently I'm not smoking anything because MTG Finance niggas are crazier than YGO Finance people.

• Upvote 2

+Gemstone Mine    2600

I mean, we're still in pre release hype. Remember Narset? The omg wtf standard op card that was selling for 50 per at this point before and during release, and now you can pick up a playset for 34? It doesn't even fucking pre release for another 4 days, and launch in a week and a half, and you're actually saying that the prices are accurate? rofl. It's a proven market strategy for card stores. Overprice everything for pre orders because even if a couple of people are actually stupid enough to buy them, you've made profit, it gives you a good idea of roughly where the ball park is on actual pricing, and you have literally nothing to lose by doing it.

You are still smoking something if you buy into the hype now.

+Gemstone Mine    2600

Don't get me wrong, they're still going to be expensive as shit, but their price ceiling is going to be limited by a) most people would rather have the set of 4 zendikar fetches instead of one shiny new fetch, b) they have a very limited market. I imagine that these are going to be very difficult to move because honestly, few people really will want them unless they are fairly cheap. They are going to have a fairly high price floor because of their collectability value and because if they drop too low, more people are going to say I want this, but they are not going to stay this high. If you really want to spend 400 on mtg cards, do yourself a favor and buy a playset of tarmogoyfs or force of wills, something that's always in demand, fairly easy to move, and not going down in price any time soon.

Dank Memeston    1716

Can you not compare the most popular ones to the new judge promos like Force, etc.? Idk how their print ratios compare and I know that Forces are not getting reprinted and I also know that Force is used in more blue decks than any individual fetch but regardless these are going to be a one time thing. Another issue is that like Theros and Ravnica and etc. these sets are going to be opened the most of the block so it will mean a lot "more" will be in print but is there not also the idea that if there are more in print then more demand to even out the price. (if anything, eventually)

Idk if any of that made sense but to me the most important factor is that most of you have been wrong about the new promos lately (like Force, etc.) and I don't see how these are any different besides a possibly slightly larger amount in print.

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

@Gemstone Mine

I think you have the wrong perspective on Expeditions. Like I said before, vendors and collectors are going to gradually monopolize the market on Expeditions. They will intentionally make and keep them expensive, and they won't care how hard they are to move. If you want Expeditions, you will have to pay their price. This won't affect 99.99% of players, but for that 0.01%, vendors and collectors will make a killing. 

It is more profitable to keep the prices high and only sell to a few people, than it is to make them cheaper and available to a wider audience. 

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

Idk if any of that made sense but to me the most important factor is that most of you have been wrong about the new promos lately (like Force, etc.) and I don't see how these are any different besides a possibly slightly larger amount in print.

I agree, I was one of the people wrong about certain judge promos. 

Most Magic finance has been unpredictable. Every time someone thinks they have it figured out, it changes. One of the only consistencies has been flipping Standard cards in April / May and October / November. 

Based on the past few Standard sets, we've seen more players open more product, to the point where Standard cards are significantly cheaper than they were in the past (i.e. every non-fetch card in Khans). It would be a safe assumption to say BFZ will be opened as much or more than Khans. Although BFZ appears to be one of the worst / weakest fall sets, Magic has been growing enough to where that might not even matter. 

Justin.    735
I heard that Expeditions is only l going to be in the first print run of BFZ. Not sure if this is true though.

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1889

That was true for the first Zendikar and the Vintage cards. BFZ and Oath are going to have Expeditions in all their print runs.

I heard that Expeditions is only l going to be in the first print run of BFZ. Not sure if this is true though.

no its confirmed by the man himself that they are for the entire run.