DaAll13

Chaos Monarch Turbo Control (July 2015 Advanced Format)

DaAll13    11

I haven't played since 2006. I love some of the new cards, but still got respect for the roots. Looking to take this build off into something more modern to play online a little I guess. Im like an old school noob, but in theory this deck seems potentially great, idk, thanks 

1 Black Luster Soldier -Envoy of the Beginning 

1 Light and Darkness Dragon
1 Destiny Hero - Plasma
1 Dark Armed Dragon

3 Raiza the Storm Monarch 

3 Cyber Dragon
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh 
2 Denko Sekka
2 Summoner Monk
3 Kuribandit
1 Card Trooper
2 Treeborn Frog

1 Allure of Darkness
1 Raigeki
3 Dragged Down into the Grave 
2 Dark Hole
1 Golden Sarcophogus
3 Pot of Duality 
1 Scapegoat

3 Mind Crush
1 Crush Card
3 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

I don't know much about the current meta but i'll at least go into detail of how the deck works a little better, (sorry if your knowledge is beyond this deck I'm just looking to learn),

so I use +Dragged Down, +Mind Crush, +Crush Card, +Phoenix Wind Blast, & +Raiza to lock my opponent up before they can go off and hopefully leave them with dead cards. The +Pot of Duality, +Kuribandit, +Allure, +Gold Sarc and +Dragged Down are for draw power/deck thinning obviously to help put all the "Lock Up" card pieces together. +Cyber Dragon and +Summoner Monk Give me great field presence early on and help apply pressure while they are locked up. The lower level Monsters are toolbox cards for +Summoner Monk. 

+Light and Darkness Dragon, and +Plasma are to extend control after the lock up cards have done their job. +BLS and +DAD are quicker win conditions for early moves. Debating on using 1 more +Scapegoat and making things more based on +Plasma. Also debating on using +Enemy controller > +Dark Hole because its more versatile in a lot of situations and this deck runs on the idea of field presence. Also considering +Dandelion OR +2 Chaos Sorcerer instead of +Plasma build. I haven't completely learned the Art of using Synchros and tuner monsters completely yet, but I don't really want to heavily rely on that style of play. I'm not being ignorant, I'm just rusty as possible haha.

Ok so hopefully this clears things up on how things work and why I'm using the cards I'm using. Its been extremely fun play testing this so far. Please school me lmao! I appreciate any feedback and honesty; Much Appreciation, You are All and All is All, a message out of love

________

Ok after some play testing, it's changed a little. Faster, and more consistent this way, Thoughts?

1 Black Luster Soldier -Envoy of the Beginning 

1 Dark Armed Dragon

3 Raiza the Storm Monarch 

2 Chaos Sorcerer 
3 Cyber Dragon
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh 
2 Denko Sekka
1 Honest
2 Summoner Monk
3 Kuribandit
2 Card Trooper
2 Treeborn Frog

1 Allure of Darkness
1 Raigeki
3 Dragged Down into the Grave 
1 Soul Charge
1 Golden Sarcophogus
3 Pot of Duality 

3 Mind Crush
1 Crush Card
3 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

enyad    64

What's so 'potentially great' about it? Not a dig at you but if you're gonna claim something like that you've gotta back it up with some explanations; i.e.: what does this deck do better than others, how consistent is it (against meta or otherwise), what are your big power plays, etc etc.

»Noelle    5848

deleted the double

also, explain your choices and rationale for playing the deck in detail 

we have a standard of posting quality here you need to meet if you're ever going to be able to get real insight into your list

DaAll13    11

my apologies, just hoping to get some direct feedback so I can learn more about the current meta etc.

Its been a very long time since I've played and a lot of the cards people are using haven't caught my eye yet,

but I appreciate the responses as is, thank you. I will include some more about the deck. just hoping to get some feedback, not fishing for a problem. thank you again 

Doodlebug    613

I understand that you believe that this deck is great, which I clearly understand that we cannot take that away from you.  However, could you explain why this deck is superior to Frog Monarch?  With a quick glance at your list, it looks like it would have a lot of trouble just maintaining the board presence needed to summon Raiza, let alone think about summoning Light and Darkness Dragon.

DaAll13    11

Haha, its not as if I'm desperately grasping unto this deck and falsely willing its glory into being. I just haven't played in a long time and this is something original that I came up with & its a great time playing with my own deck with a fresh eyes to see. It could be possible to make this something great with some advice from experienced players, and if its complete garbage then let it float in the wind or pick it up and throw it away. All going to the same place in the grand scheme

dexer008    805

Replace dragged down into the grave with upstart goblins. Too much potential for decks to benefit the discard and draw these days (shaddoll, burning abyss, infernoids etc). The cons outweigh the pro's with dragged down and from what I read with your description you were using dragged down just for draw power anyways. 

DaAll13    11
Thank you! Appreciate that. They also have synergy with Mind Crush, you think they are good on their own? I was also debating on experimenting with Wonder Wand. Also looking for good monsters to bring out with Summoner Monk, at the moment its mainly for an early Thunder King, Card Trooper or Treeborn Frog. Any advice or recommendations go a long way. Much love and life

»Tygo    14130

Thank you! Appreciate that. They also have synergy with Mind Crush, you think they are good on their own? I was also debating on experimenting with Wonder Wand. Also looking for good monsters to bring out with Summoner Monk, at the moment its mainly for an early Thunder King, Card Trooper or Treeborn Frog. Any advice or recommendations go a long way. Much love and life

You might want to reread monk.

DaAll13    11

Oh wow, I feel silly now haha, well I have to make some corrections. Thanks for that

I really don't think you have enough grave control to mitigate the use of dark armed with the chaos monsters tbh. I mean honestly how many times does dark armed sit dead in your hand?

dexer008    805

If your trying to create a "chaos" monarch deck, then I would use caius instead of raiza for the fact that it's removal effect is nice and it's dark to fuel the chaos summons. Also, I do believe that PWWB and raiza effect is not as effective as it used to be in 2006. Many decks in the meta now have multiple ways to search pieces and/or have many plays they can make, instead of monarchs only relying on the normal summon per turn to do something. 

Another card that has been released has also been "The monarchs stormforth". It is essentially a quick play soul exchange, but doesn't come with the restriction of having no battle phase. Since multiple cards in the game right now are immune to destruction effects essentially (either through replacing themselves or having effects), the ability to send a monster to the grave through non-destructive means makes it a nice cards.

Some other tribute monsters to combine with them are also Vanity's Fiend and Majesty's Fiend. You may have remembered Vanity's fiend, when he is on the field prevents all special summoning, a powerful effect still in the game today. Majesty Fiend is very much the same, however he is a Light monster to go with the chaos theme, and while he is out prevents all monster effects from activating. There is another topic in the deck garage about a deck which abuses these two which I think you could look at to draw inspiration from for a deck that you can semi-compete today.

DaAll13    11

If your trying to create a "chaos" monarch deck, then I would use caius instead of raiza for the fact that it's removal effect is nice and it's dark to fuel the chaos summons. Also, I do believe that PWWB and raiza effect is not as effective as it used to be in 2006. Many decks in the meta now have multiple ways to search pieces and/or have many plays they can make, instead of monarchs only relying on the normal summon per turn to do something. 

Another card that has been released has also been "The monarchs stormforth". It is essentially a quick play soul exchange, but doesn't come with the restriction of having no battle phase. Since multiple cards in the game right now are immune to destruction effects essentially (either through replacing themselves or having effects), the ability to send a monster to the grave through non-destructive means makes it a nice cards.

Some other tribute monsters to combine with them are also Vanity's Fiend and Majesty's Fiend. You may have remembered Vanity's fiend, when he is on the field prevents all special summoning, a powerful effect still in the game today. Majesty Fiend is very much the same, however he is a Light monster to go with the chaos theme, and while he is out prevents all monster effects from activating. There is another topic in the deck garage about a deck which abuses these two which I think you could look at to draw inspiration from for a deck that you can semi-compete today.

Thank you so so much! A pleasure indeed. I will look more into these cards. Are there any top tier chaos builds right now?

petqwe    286

Maybe I should just stick to "newgioh"? Psh lmao

Yes, I think you should. TBH 9 years of non playing is way too much for you to be treated as 'I know how to play ygo nowadays'.

I hope I did not sound offensive, but Goats are the cards you know, and NGO is some 20 more cards. They will be much easier to pick up after such a long downtime from ygo.

DaAll13    11
No offense taken life itself is the grand game and even that I don't know how to play; and that's everyday happening without effort.

But the post was more like, "hey! I don't know what I'm doing, but this looks cool on paper." Haha help still greatly appreciated:)

ralfiano    43
Idk if you've seen it but you might wanna read Tygo's deck thread on Monarchs, he summarizes pretty well on how monarchs struggle with board presence and while they're effects are still alright (altho caius is best) they're relatively easy to otk and monarchs used to work well by grinding but in the modern meta they cant do that well compared to BA Nekroz Shaddoll etc. As well as imo the fact that in this build you're only gonna get 1 monarch effect off a turn and maybe a chaos monster or dad which all seem hitty missy means you're gonna struggle to push for damage

If you were looking to play monarchs and you like oldschool you'd probably want to play the frog version tho to consistently get treeborn to grave rather than relying on milling it with card trooper and kuri and doing things like ss cyber dragon and tributing it off is just a pointless neg when treeborn is a better tribute

RN there aren't really any strong chaos decks, chaos dragons is decent enough tho where you could probably get away with playing low lvl DN, the only real decks that utilize chaos monsters is shaddoll atm cus BLS can sack hard and is pretty consistently live in a way that dad just isn't