Souji Seta

Pokemon GO

Grimey    8127
1 hour ago, Jazz said:

BTW I'm strongly considering starting a new yellow account just to be able to knock Lv10 blue gyms down to Lv9. Then I can log into my original blue account, train up that gym, and stash something with high CP into it. I might be taking this too seriously, but all I want to do is hatch eggs and not waste my time battling gyms (or spend real money).

I did that. Except, because I actually have a life, I gps spoofed the Yellow account to level 24 and I would just bring 2 phones when I was claiming gyms. One to knock out red team and the other one to put my main in asap. 

Azzaw    65

Jazz is right, Stardust really is scarce in the game. I didnt waste any of it untill I hit lv 20, then I started to use it on some worthwhile pokemon and quickly ran out. I'm back to 50k right now, but it has taken me 3 weeks to comeback up there. I'm pretty glad my town is generally Team Mystic, makes it easy to place pokemon and hold them there for a good 2 or 3 days.

Justin.    742
14 hours ago, Grimey said:

i've never seen someone enjoy this game as much as you lmao 

Well this is pretty much my down time for cod since I'm burnt out on bo3 and IW doesn't drop until November. So this is my new fixation lol. Plus I've only been playing this for not even a month so I'm still fascinated with the grinding aspect and filling my pokedex lmao xD

Conspire    2387

I too am playing the game for gyms and eggs. I generally have 6 gyms at all times. My team (Instinct) is definitely the most active near my house and we keep a bunch of level 10 gyms at all times.

So I don't really need an attacking team, just a prestige team.  Dudes like golduck, scyther, Jolteon and machoke.  I want these guys to be between 1000-1500 mostly to get more prestige.

IV still matters because it raises your max cp. But I do agree it's worth evolving higher level guys even if there IVs aren't great.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Grimey said:

I did that. Except, because I actually have a life, I gps spoofed the Yellow account to level 24 and I would just bring 2 phones when I was claiming gyms. One to knock out red team and the other one to put my main in asap. 

okay you cant comment about having a life when you gps spoofed a second account and went around with two phones = p

• Upvote 5

Grimey    8127
25 minutes ago, Social Justice Black Mage said:

okay you cant comment about having a life when you gps spoofed a second account and went around with two phones = p

I had a spare phone from when I upgraded to my new phone + it only took 1 day of gps spoofing to get there. I see your point but I just wanted to include that because anyone who would willingly level up 2 accounts to level 25 is actually insane imo. 

Soteria    15

Do you guys find it easier to take down gyms or add a defender to a friendly gym. I realise the time it takes me to go from 3-4 would have been better used taking down about 4 gyms.

LukeRandi    233

Depending on how many prestige points are missing for the next gym level, it is usually easier to level up a gym and then place your own pokemon in it. When you take down an opposing gym, you have to defeat all of their pokemon in a row, but when you level up a friendly gym, you can defeat 1/2, then run away, defeat the same 1/2 again while raising the prestige each time you defeat a pokemon.

Conspire    2387

I'm pretty sure you can do that when fighting a gym too no?

I spend way more time levelling up gyms. Most of the time there's not an ideal setup to gain a lot of prestige points so you have to fight like 10+ battles to level the gym from 8 to 9 or something. But these gyms tend to last for quite some time in my area so it seems worth it.  I usually only take 1-2 enemy gyms a day to get the full 100 coins.

+Jazz    5529
6 hours ago, Soteria said:

Do you guys find it easier to take down gyms or add a defender to a friendly gym. I realise the time it takes me to go from 3-4 would have been better used taking down about 4 gyms.

It depends on the circumstances. To quickly build prestige at a gym, you want a counter-type pokemon (deals super effective dmg while being resistant) that has slightly lower CP than the bottom pokemon in the gym. Run as soon as you beat it and use a potion. Rinse and repeat. This earns at least 500 prestige points per victory. If your pokemon is even 1 CP higher you will only earn 250 PP. Different pokemon are harder to counter than others. Snorlax, Lapras, Exeggutor and Dragonite are particularly tough. If their CP doesn't match up with something lower in your party that can beat it, you're going to have a very difficult time gaining prestige efficiently. You're going to be wasting your time.

This is why @Conspire mentioned how he likes to keep a bunch of various CPs of strong prestige builders, preferably with high IVs. It gives you plenty of good options to train efficiently. For example if you have the perfect pokemon for prestige building, you can increase a gym from level 3 to level 4 in about 2 minutes (assuming 30 seconds per battle + healing).

Gyms with 3 or fewer pokemon are easy to smash. Pro-tip: if you are facing a gym with 6000 prestige, the first time you fight it, simply defeat the first pokemon and run. That puts the gym at 5500 prestige. Then fight again and destroy all 3 pokemon--lowering the gym to 2500 prestige. Now there are 2 pokemon left. Fight them all again to bring it to zero prestige. This method means you only have to defeat the top two defenders twice and saves you a lot of time.

+Jazz    5529
5 minutes ago, Conspire said:

I spend way more time levelling up gyms. Most of the time there's not an ideal setup to gain a lot of prestige points so you have to fight like 10+ battles to level the gym from 8 to 9 or something. But these gyms tend to last for quite some time in my area so it seems worth it.  I usually only take 1-2 enemy gyms a day to get the full 100 coins.

I have to say I'm extremely jealous. I live in NYC and gyms are not stable at all. 90% of gyms are in constant flux even now. Only recently have about 10% of gyms hit stable levels of about 6 or higher that last for days. Making it worse is that the majority of them belong to red team. There are only a handful of level 8/9/10 blue gyms that appear to be stable. I need to spend some time looking for them on my bike on a random Saturday, and it seems like I'll need a decent yellow/red account to maximize my success. I'm getting about 0 coins per day here and I'm going stir crazy with all these 5k eggs in my basket...

End rant.

Conspire    2387

Exeggutor gets absolutely destroyed by Scyther.. I don't usually see dragonite on the bottom rung of a gym but if I did I would think an ice Pokemon should be able to punch way above its weight for a lot of prestige.

People who put Lapras or zen hb snorlax on the bottom of gyms are just cruel.

+Jazz    5529
1 minute ago, Conspire said:

Exeggutor gets absolutely destroyed by Scyther.. I don't usually see dragonite on the bottom rung of a gym but if I did I would think an ice Pokemon should be able to punch way above its weight for a lot of prestige.

People who put Lapras or zen hb snorlax on the bottom of gyms are just cruel.

Good point I've never seen a bottom rung Dragonite.

Best counter for Lapras is an Arcanine but matching the CPs is difficult.

Best counter for Snorlax seems to be Vaporeon but it requires a couple successful dodges.

I've never tried Scyther/Pinsir against Exeggutor. Thanks for the tip. I'd be worried about the big CP disadvantage these guys have vs Exegg, but it's definitely worth it if I can make it work.

Conspire    2387
6 hours ago, Jazz said:

I have to say I'm extremely jealous. I live in NYC and gyms are not stable at all. 90% of gyms are in constant flux even now. Only recently have about 10% of gyms hit stable levels of about 6 or higher that last for days. Making it worse is that the majority of them belong to red team. There are only a handful of level 8/9/10 blue gyms that appear to be stable. I need to spend some time looking for them on my bike on a random Saturday, and it seems like I'll need a decent yellow/red account to maximize my success. I'm getting about 0 coins per day here and I'm going stir crazy with all these 5k eggs in my basket...

End rant.

Yeah less gym threats are definitely a benefit of sub-urban location.  You would have much more opportunity to get better pokemon than I would though.  I guess I prefer my situation since I can hold gyms, even with tier 2 dudes.  Like I've never even seen a Dragonair, let alone a Dragonite, and don't have enough candies to make my Snorlas/Lapras a meaningful CP.  My best dudes are Vaporeons, Arcanite, Victreebel, Golducks and Slowbros.

6 hours ago, Jazz said:

Good point I've never seen a bottom rung Dragonite.

Best counter for Lapras is an Arcanine but matching the CPs is difficult.

Best counter for Snorlax seems to be Vaporeon but it requires a couple successful dodges.

I've never tried Scyther/Pinsir against Exeggutor. Thanks for the tip. I'd be worried about the big CP disadvantage these guys have vs Exegg, but it's definitely worth it if I can make it work.

My Arcanine is too big to gain prestige vs lower level Lapras.  It's definitely my least favourite pokemon to train against.

My Machoke is around 1000 cp and does well vs Snorlax up to 1800 as long as Lick is there primary move.  Zen HB Snorlax are much more difficult, I usually bring my Lapras in to fight those.

Scyther can fight up to double its CP vs Exeggutor as long as it has double bug moves.  Bug is double effective vs grass/psychic and bug/flying is double resistant vs grass.  Great for both training and taking gyms.  Fury Cutter is great for timing dodges and building up a special move.

Justin.    742

I hatched a Magikarp with 100% IV according to silphroad. For the love of god please don't give me twister when I evolve it.

• Upvote 3

Justin.    742

Park right next to my work switched from an Electabuzz nest to a Charmander one with the most recent nest update. Pretty stoked about that. Just hate how it happened after I'd already walked 150km with my Charmander lol.

Grimey    8127
3 minutes ago, Justin. said:

Park right next to my work switched from an Electabuzz nest to a Charmander one with the most recent nest update. Pretty stoked about that. Just hate how it happened after I'd already walked 150km with my Charmander lol.

150KM????? 

CHILL BRO WHAT THE FUCK LMFAO 

redlight    16

So I think I stumbled upon a 10k trick but I don't know how valid it is.  For the past 5 attempts that I have done this trick I have gotten atleast 3 10k eggs out of 9 eggs acquired.  Maybe this is just pure luck but I would love it if others could try to verify if this works.  The first part of the trick is to have 0 eggs in your bag and then when you visit a historic pokestop, right before spinning it you click on the name above it and then go back and then spin it.  If you gather an egg DON'T LOOK AT THE EGG! until you have collected 9 eggs and then for some reason I think this "tricks" the RNG and the RNG gives you (atleast in my experience) 3 10k eggs.  Again, this is just pure speculation and in no way do I think its a 100% full-proof trick that gives you 3 10k eggs everytime, I am just wondering if its just pure luck or its some mathematical RNG manipulation.

Regarding the nest change, I had a Squirtle nest that turned into a Kabuto nest and there was also a Charmander nest that turned into Growlithe nest, pretty bummed about both of those to be honest.  Only bright side is a Magmar nest transformed into a Bulbasaur nest.

Justin.    742
11 hours ago, Grimey said:

150KM????? 

I live in an area where I can just walk anywhere. Plus I had like ten 10km eggs since the update so I needed to hatch those lol

Justin.    742
11 hours ago, Grimey said:

150KM????? 

I live in an area where I can just walk anywhere. Plus I had like ten 10km eggs since the update so I needed to hatch those lol

»Tygo    14101

I almost want 5ks more than 10Ks now. I keep getting garbo in them and the odds are extremely against me. 5K's at least I can get a ton of candy and evolve things I need.

Light.    43

I pretty much only get 5km eggs. Still no porygon or taurus though. I do get a 500 orso cp Nidoran female and male, belsprouts and magnemite.

I do get 2km eggs alot too, but I only get weedles/ratata/spearow/pidgeys. Ive never gotten a charmender/bulbasaur. Its shit cuz there are also no nests of those nearby. 

»Tygo    14101

Yeah my 2ks are garbo. Maybe 1 out of 20 I'll get a karp or a starter. 10ks have gotten me more repeats than anything else. 

Light.    43

Yeah it sucks lmao. 

They should introduce a trade function orso so its easier to obtain stuff. Maybe trading with people from the same team orso. 

• Downvote 1