Souji Seta

Pokemon GO

HououinKyouma    808
5 minutes ago, Grimey said:

wow I feel for u

It is what it is. I just think it's funny that I encountered the highest and lowest, though I'd rather have the lowest one be the one that fled.

Bazoo    5698

Trading's finally implemented, but it's kind of trash. First of all, trading rerolls the IVs. Trading a legendary or a new Pokemon costs around 20,000 stardust. So it's like, want to trade to complete your Dex? Hopefully you're trading with someone nice willing to spend a bunch of stardust on you. Want fair trades with Pokes you already have in order to get better IVs? Well you're shit out of luck.

»Tygo    14119

How does it work with all the special pikachus? I'm only missing the party one.

+Paraliel+    8030
On 7/6/2018 at 5:07 PM, Tygo said:

How does it work with all the special pikachus? I'm only missing the party one.

It only checks if you have Pikachu and if its Shiny, hats don't apply

+Paraliel+    8030
On 7/4/2018 at 6:38 PM, Bazoo said:

Trading's finally implemented, but it's kind of trash. First of all, trading rerolls the IVs. Trading a legendary or a new Pokemon costs around 20,000 stardust. So it's like, want to trade to complete your Dex? Hopefully you're trading with someone nice willing to spend a bunch of stardust on you. Want fair trades with Pokes you already have in order to get better IVs? Well you're shit out of luck.

I get to cheat since my family and girlfriend play, so can just inter trade

+Sophocles    3074

Picked this up cause of the switch game coming out in november - i guess it's alright

3575 2154 0591

Bazoo    5698
23 hours ago, Paraliel said:

I get to cheat since my family and girlfriend play, so can just inter trade

As I've used it, it's been a *little* more useful than I thought, but your post sums up it's faults. Niantic wanted to prevent cheaters and abuse, and to promote fair trades....but basically no one is trading fairly.

HououinKyouma    808

I think trading is fine, just another way to reroll every raremon you come across, and personally I wouldn't like it if every egregious multiaccounter got to boost their accs more than they already get to.

LFN    3239

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Grimey    8113

Piloswine and Tangela are in raids. And Celebi event starts today. 

You know what that means boys.. 

»Tygo    14119

Sure don't.

Grimey    8113
On 2018-08-20 at 11:31 AM, Tygo said:

Sure don't.

Generation 4, friend. 

»Tygo    14119

Ah. That's cool. I'm so far behind on all of it. I stopped out of frustration right when gen 3 came out. All I was missing was a sunflora for complete gen 1 AND 2 dex. After countless weeks of spinning, no sun stone.

Grimey    8113
22 hours ago, Tygo said:

Ah. That's cool. I'm so far behind on all of it. I stopped out of frustration right when gen 3 came out. All I was missing was a sunflora for complete gen 1 AND 2 dex. After countless weeks of spinning, no sun stone.

There's an event right now where Sunkern is everywhere and Sun Stones are free.

You're welcome. 

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14119

free where????

LukeRandi    233

chapter 2 of the Celebi storyline gives you a Sun Stone
also, there are so many "catch 3 Sunkern" Quests that reward you with an evolution item (like Sun Stone)

the hardest part of getting Sunflora are the 50 candy, and even that is easy if you're outside for a few hours

Faint    5841

thinking about picking this up again cos of the switch games coming out

i havent played since its release when everyone was super jealous i had a snorlax :')

is there a best strategy or anything to do well quickly..? 

• Upvote 1

HououinKyouma    808
4 hours ago, Faint said:

thinking about picking this up again cos of the switch games coming out

i havent played since its release when everyone was super jealous i had a snorlax :')

is there a best strategy or anything to do well quickly..? 

Here's a short summary.

-Levels

You'll want to try and hit level 30 asap. At level 30 your ivs will be the same as all level 30+ trainers, but most importantly you'll be able to see the highest level pokemon in the wild. With the addition of weather, you can catch "weather boosted" pokemon which allow you to see mons 5+ your level and that cap at 35. EXP is extremely easy to get in this game so you'll be able to do that in no time.

-EXP

Currently the 2 best ways to gain EXP is friendship and raids. Find your local discord group, silph road has a discord map here, or just search city name+pokemon go. Finding your local community is key to utilizing friendship and raids. Once you found your local community start pounding level 5 raids. Currently it's regirock who sucks, but there will always be people doing them in any moderate sized city. Most of the time you can just get carried and keep banking the 10k exp each tier 5 raid gives. You get one free pass a day so you can do 70k a week just from raiding. Secondly start adding people and sending gifts. You can boost up your friendship level by 1 each day you interact with that friend (trade, raid, gym battle, open a gift, or have your gift opened). You can open 20 gifts a day and send 100. You can hold 10 gifts at a time so send them out as soon as you get them. First level of friend takes 1 interaction and gives 3k exp, 2nd level 7 interactions gives you 10k, and 3rd level 30 interactions and 50k exp. Most people try to coordinate their 3rd level friendships together so they can lucky egg them and get 100k for each 3rd level friend they get.

-Relevant Mons

Grind Machamp and Tyranitar raids if your daily pass is going to waste those 2 are some of the best attackers. Otherwise search for weather boosted Machops once you hit 30 and just grind candy. Generally at this stage it doesn't matter what you have people will carry you anyway. Once a good legendary boss comes in you can just use those to attack, Groudon and Rayquaza both look primed for a comeback so grind them once they're back. Moltres also will be coming back for 3hrs on the 1st saturday of september and you get 5 free raid passes during this period so aim to get weather boosted moltres. You can get 1 raikou if you complete 7 field research stamps before the end of the month, you can get 1 stamp a day by finishing a field research (they drop from stops).

-Stardust/Candy

At this stage don't power up anything. Just accumulate dust until you're in the late game then you'll know what you'll need to power up. Once you've accumulated a good crop of mons you can use this to calculate the breakpoints (level) your meta mons need to hit the maximum damage against the current raid boss. You'll also get items from raid bosses rare candy and tms are the most important if you're just coming back. Save them for when you have a good roster. If you need to start dumping rare candy for bag space I'd recommend it in this order (Mewtwo->Kyogre->Rayquaza->Groudon->Raikou). Don't dump on normal mons.

If you have any other questions or if anyone else has questions I'd be happy to answer them.

• Upvote 2

Faint    5841

That is actually SUPER helpful, thanks! I work in London so can do lunchtime raids which is pretty cool

Grimey    8113

I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong but; when "Friendship" came out, didn't they offer trading Mythicals at Best Friend status? 

I've been under the impression that when I reach Best Friend status with my alt, I can just trade my Celebis and Mews to try and reset them. Someone the other day told me it's not possible though.