Lulhackz

Fluffal/Frightfur post DOCS

Lulhackz    22

My friend and I have been playing with this deck since Frightfur Tiger was released and this our current build for a post DOCS meta.

TLOD0sM.png

Sabre Tiger and WIngs add so much to this deck and really make it the consistent OTK engine it is when we get them. I've been liking trapless lately because your hands become that much more explosive. 

Has anyone else been testing this? What are your techs? 

I feel like this deck will struggle in the meta when Kozmo gets more support, Nekroz isn't a great matchup either.

• Upvote 1

Nygas    390

Storm is probably a better version of mst in this deck, the deck still makes sense though. Fusion Sage and Fusion Recovery are probably good cards in almost every hand you draw, and in some cases make plays possible for factory, so I think a copy of each would be a good idea.

Given that you have about 9 searchers in this deck, I think running the utility fluffals like owl/cat/rabbit/sheep/wings at 1 (though 2 owls or 2 wings can make sense) to make room for 3 fluffal mouse will make a lot of OTKs more reasonable.

Lulhackz    22

I haven't tested storm at all, but I'm on the fence because at most times it only pops 1 card and is not chainable. Fusion Sage/Recovery aren't necessary when I have 9 Poly searchers and play 2 cat anyway.

I've tested mouse but drawing 2 is such a brick - I will look into it again though because pulling it off is amazing. 

I can't see myself running less than 3 wings, it's the best maindeck monster outside of dog. I recently bumped cat to 2 because I like to cycle poly and make multiple sabre tigers in one turn.

»Noelle    5848

customary to type out the list in op too, i love this deck btw, i would play 3 factory though cards insane. also my friend was playing fusion sage in this cus it's free summons with factory too. the fact that you can use it an unlimited amount of times honestly might put this deck over the top when wings comes out

Ostaph    73

Good list and IT SUCKS to live in EU with no access to Tigre!

One thing: There is no defense in here. Can you really leave all the Vanity, Maxx "C", Retarded "C" etc. for the side?

I am having a hard time to comprehend some of your card choices.

- Cat & Rabbit
Both of them do not help with consistency, which the deck really needs to pull off the OTKs.

Their recycle effects are actually pretty redundant. Factory and Frightfur Fusion are using your resources much more efficiently, being able to bring out more Fusions for the OTK. Heck, as long as you have Factory, you get a minimum of 2 Fusions with a single Poly. If you use Sage, you get 3 Fusions. Do you really need that extra Poly, that Cat offers? Sage is most of the times the better card.

- Edge Imps Ratios

You are only using 1 Sabres and have no Tomahawk at all. If Sabres gets banished, you are relying solely on King of the Swamp to get your Fusions out. That will be your death sentence. Not to mention, Sabres + Vendor is very useful to swarm tactics, which also enables better XYZ plays aside from using Sheep.

- 3 Conscription

I get, that Conscription gets you Toy Vendor and Chain, but are 3 really needed? This card can actually clogg in 3s, so wouldn't just 2 be enough?

- Extra Deck

Why Dark Rebellion and Gachi Gachi Gantetsu? Dark Rebellion doesn't get over anything important and Gachi's 400 boost isn't going to do much (?). I can't say much to the latter, since I don't use it, as Wolf + Tiger most times end up being an OTK.

I would rather recommend Abyss Dweller and Sky Cavalry Centaurea, as both prevent that you OTK fail through some kind of unpleasant floater in your way.

Lulhackz    22

I am having a hard time to comprehend some of your card choices.

- Cat & Rabbit
Both of them do not help with consistency, which the deck really needs to pull off the OTKs.

Their recycle effects are actually pretty redundant. Factory and Frightfur Fusion are using your resources much more efficiently, being able to bring out more Fusions for the OTK. Heck, as long as you have Factory, you get a minimum of 2 Fusions with a single Poly. If you use Sage, you get 3 Fusions. Do you really need that extra Poly, that Cat offers? Sage is most of the times the better card.

- Edge Imps Ratios

You are only using 1 Sabres and have no Tomahawk at all. If Sabres gets banished, you are relying solely on King of the Swamp to get your Fusions out. That will be your death sentence. Not to mention, Sabres + Vendor is very useful to swarm tactics, which also enables better XYZ plays aside from using Sheep.

- 3 Conscription

I get, that Conscription gets you Toy Vendor and Chain, but are 3 really needed? This card can actually clogg in 3s, so wouldn't just 2 be enough?

- Extra Deck

Why Dark Rebellion and Gachi Gachi Gantetsu? Dark Rebellion doesn't get over anything important and Gachi's 400 boost isn't going to do much (?). I can't say much to the latter, since I don't use it, as Wolf + Tiger most times end up being an OTK.

I would rather recommend Abyss Dweller and Sky Cavalry Centaurea, as both prevent that you OTK fail through some kind of unpleasant floater in your way.

I have had little consistency issues with the deck since the release of wings, now that youre able to trigger vendor efficiently by yourself. Cat and rabbit I think actually ADD to the otk capability of the deck by just being fluffal names that you can fuse with (and get nice effects too). I don't think i need sage, I have so many ways to search poly already.

Tomahawk is garbage without the monk/chain engine, that combo disappeared with the new list. 1 sabre has never crippled me, but drawing too many edge imps has. when I banish sabre for frightfur fusion I have game 99% of the time anyway so it's nbd.

Getting bear/sabres to your hand is so essential (especially with only 1 sabres). Bear starts all your vendor/wings combos

Gachi is an alright option I think when you get owl + sheep. Boosting your dudes is never bad. honestly I dont think I need dweller, sheep deals with all the things dweller deals with better IMO

Have you considered pwwb? Acts as defense and you already pack floaters in here

Have not considered, will test at 1 to see how I like it. I like how it lets me unbrick by discarding vendor if needed. 

Good list and IT SUCKS to live in EU with no access to Tigre!

One thing: There is no defense in here. Can you really leave all the Vanity, Maxx "C", Retarded "C" etc. for the side?

I feel for you man :( 

Maxx C is cool, I just don't know what I would do to fit him in. Also I don't like the idea of running a monster I can't fuse with.

customary to type out the list in op too, i love this deck btw, i would play 3 factory though cards insane. also my friend was playing fusion sage in this cus it's free summons with factory too. the fact that you can use it an unlimited amount of times honestly might put this deck over the top when wings comes out

If I was playing 3 factory I would definitely test a fusion sage over an owl. I just hate opening with multiple factory lol

Seyberfox    0

My suggestions would be:

-Try out some Parallel Twisters and Double Cyclones, I would switch the MSTs for the parallels for the beginning. You can trigger your Factory/Vendor with them and get rid of a threat

-I don't think you need always three Sabre Tigers, but having double Wolf can come handy at times

-Try out Instant Fusion for easier Sabre Tigers (Sheep) and better Xyzs-Options with the soon released Norden.

-One Cat should be enough. If you need it, you can search it easily out.

-One Edge Imp Sabres is really risky, it's your only way to get to Wolf which cannot be made with King of the Swamp. It feels bad to lose this OTK-option if your opponent gets rid of Sabres

-3 Dog and 3 Owl are absolutely fine in a trapless build. Both are always delivering two of the three combopieces you need to furthen your game

-Maining no handtraps in trapless is pretty ok, they often just clog while you're struggling to get your combos together.

Otherwise, pretty solid trapless-build.

• Upvote 1

Lulhackz    22

My suggestions would be:

-Try out some Parallel Twisters and Double Cyclones, I would switch the MSTs for the parallels for the beginning. You can trigger your Factory/Vendor with them and get rid of a threat

-I don't think you need always three Sabre Tigers, but having double Wolf can come handy at times

-Try out Instant Fusion for easier Sabre Tigers (Sheep) and better Xyzs-Options with the soon released Norden.

-One Cat should be enough. If you need it, you can search it easily out.

-One Edge Imp Sabres is really risky, it's your only way to get to Wolf which cannot be made with King of the Swamp. It feels bad to lose this OTK-option if your opponent gets rid of Sabres

-3 Dog and 3 Owl are absolutely fine in a trapless build. Both are always delivering two of the three combopieces you need to furthen your game

-Maining no handtraps in trapless is pretty ok, they often just clog while you're struggling to get your combos together.

Otherwise, pretty solid trapless-build.

I like having MST because it is good in almost every situation and its chainable to cards like mistake. Parallel Twister is a card I want to side for Nekroz to out their Claus/Uni and trigger factory/vendor

Instant fusion is savage, definitely testing it in multiples. I honestly really like 2 cat, what would you cut for it? I didn't know you couldn't make wolf with swamp king, that sheds a new light on the matter. May consider testing sabres at 2 and cat back at 1

Ultima    99

I'm really interested in this deck. Can i ask why you are using fusion conscription over fusion reserve? I feel like I am missing something. Also why can't wolf be made with king of the swamp? Apologies for the noob questions.

Nex    52

Wolf's text reads "Must be Fusion Summoned with the above Fusion Materials and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways." so you can't use monsters like king of the swamp as a substitute for edge imp sabres since the fusion summon needs edge imp sabres and a fluffal montser specifically.

• Upvote 1

ensane    163

He's using conscription because it's faster. It's not hard to get poly in his build. If you're playing a slower style then you'd use reserve maybe.

MehGames    0

I know it's too early to be asking for this, but what would the side look like in Frightfurs?

Ultima    99

Ah I didnt realise wolf had that stipulation, thanks for clearing that up. But for conscription do you not need to wait a turn anyway to use what you searched? Or am I missing something?

Edit: Nvm you can still fuse with whatever you add on the same turn, misread it. My bad.