Noelle

YGO Idea Pad/Things to Consider

Sanjura    6663
Just some random thoughts flying through my head, but I'm pretty sure Grand Horn of Heaven is going to be the breakout card of the weekend, by which I mean people aren't going to play around it properly. I think there's a lot of merit in being able to essentially skip people's Battle Phases (Kozmo excluded) because the most effective way to clear boards now (rip Exciton :( ) is going to be by battle. Qlips was the first deck that came to mind to abuse this card; Majespecters was the next, and to a lesser extent, Trickclown gets lots of mileage out of Horn too.

Also, Scarlight RDA. Petqwe posted an FTK using it and Chronomaly Altandis,but sadly it might not be TCG accessible because it required Lavalval to dump Felis. Regardless, the card is crazy good. Someone light the Victor signal I'm sure he has a much better idea of what decks can utilize Scarlight.

Lang    905
Are there any neat ending plays with igknights now? Number 86 is a given, but the deck has enough of monsters and draw power to almost go through alot of your deck. I think somebody can find something cool to do. I believe there 8 Igknights now, so thats 24 monsters you could use, then 3 Library. As for spells: Upstart/Decison/Reload/wavering/rota/art and maybe voids if something warrants it. I prolly forgot to mention stuff, but yeah

»victor    6400

One of the best ways to power Waterfront is the Destiny Hero engine. And that Waterfront adds LV 8s to hand for even more Trade In targets.

People haven't caught on to the fact that Fusion Conscription is a ROTA for Dogma and Plasma by means of Destiny End Dragoon.

What this means is you now have:

3 Dogma

3 Plasma

3 Fusion Conscription

3 Gameciel

3 Destiny Draw

3 Trade In

3 Upstart Goblin

1 Allure

2 Terraforming

3 Waterfront

------------------------------

A more thematic way of playing Gamecial might actually be Aquaactresses - they are actually much better now that Nekroz are gone, because Barrier Statue of the Torrent is viable again (with the Aqua Stage). You also have Testudo erat Numen, and all the Spells are revival for Gamecial.

So you can Swap Frog or Undine, play COTH, some of the Spells, and you have Vanity's Emptiness.

The trouble with this is finding advantageous ways to pop the Spells for revival, that's the gap.

------------

Fire Fist is promising because you can Kaiju anything Bear can't destroy, and then you pop Tenki and Kaiju for 2 counters.

You can Painful Escape a BW for Wolfbark and make it live, Gyokkou, Tenken, all have value, etc. - they have some new stuff going for them.

Now that Exciton is gone, a FF board can't be wiped like that.

-----------------

The best deck to play Grand Horn in, is Heroes because Dark Law gets its effect off the draw restriction, so it's not a restriction.

• Upvote 4

ygoAndroid    0

Have you posted your build of the Nekroz deck you've mentioned anywhere public? I've been looking around for it and can't find it. I'm interested in hearing your theory on card choices in the deck.

mark    3105

Have you posted your build of the Nekroz deck you've mentioned anywhere public? I've been looking around for it and can't find it. I'm interested in hearing your theory on card choices in the deck.

Regarding beating Trap decks, I have a proposal of a different sort of side deck that solves it. I say we side 3 Denko Sekka and 3 Storm. These are by far the best cards against Trap decks and individually superior to MSTs etc because they deal with multiple backrow at once. But these two cards have always come at a price to play that people generally don't think about. With Denko it's the Normal summon that gets in the way of Jus and with Storm it's the fact that it's way better being paired with Claus/Rota so turn one you can do it then instantly research more Mirrors. Funny enough, both these problems have the same solution, and that is raising the amount of combo cards in the deck. Keep in mind we're siding these 3 Storms and 3 Denko Sekka, so we only need the raised ceiling that doesn't involve the Normal Summon games 2 and 3. Therefore, we side deck a third RotA, a third Claus, and more Ritual Spells (third Kaleido before anything.) When you normal a Denko you have to have a hand on top of it that can play, and increasing the frequency of these cards just makes that more and more likely and also more and more likely that you'll have the Claus to pair with storm. Then, going second, you'll only have to hit a 6 of to autowin against these decks. Another thing I'd propose is, given room, side decking Upstarts. The clowns and the fact the mirror has gotten a lot more ignorant in the form of OTKing through Valkyrus being the most important thing now dictates that their gain for Upstart is too detrimental in the mirror as these OTKs usually cap at "barely enough, or a little bit over." However, that's the mirror, against other decks, LP doesn't matter. So then, as opposed to having shit like MST instead that would technically increase the chances of seeing an S/T out against those decks, but it is imperative that you realize it generally won't be a GOOD out, or might not deal with enough cards. This is to say, I'd rather increase my chances of drawing the 6 good ones than decreasing that chance to play 3-6 shitty ones (this includes Decree,) that might not even let me play under the thread of them having multiple floodgates, or ones I'd need Denko for and not MST (Mistaken Arrest.) Regarding Decree, you might ask why the other two cards are that radically different when we've already made apparent we can live a few turns against other decks dictating Upstart because it isn't the mirror. The answer is, Decree fails to the logistics of them outing a stagnant Trap on their turn and the slight, as we've established, possibility of just dying. Kozmo? Sliprider. BA? Virgil. Shaddoll? Dragon. Tellar? Delteros/Diamond Dire Wolf. Decree then, fails to it's own logistics as a Trap.

Given these paradigms, a side deck begins to form. 3 Upstart Goblin, 3 Storm, 3 Denko Sekka, 1 Reinforcements of the Army, 1 Nekroz of Clausolas, 1 Nekroz Kaleidoscope. These 12 would already be givens with these theories. Some ideas for the last 3 cards include obvious ideas like Vanity's Emptiness so we can try to get them to side it out, and perhaps some other good cards in the mirror. The other idea, actually, was Heroic Champion - Assault Halberd for 2 of the last 3 slots. But that idea runs a bit deeper as we look at the main board of Nekroz Clowns. First of all, and the thing that is so important to realize about Nekroz Clowns is that their good in the mirror AND against Trap decks game one. Against Trap decks the Hat Tricker lets you go into Dire Wolf after they stop a Ju to out more backrow, and with the pending release of Noden this only because easier and could even dictate that a SECOND Diamond Dire Wolf be used. Against the mirror, the Clowns obviously get you to Masquerade which is a win condition in and of itself. I don't know how many of you read my BA theories from last week but when you have a format as polarized as Nekroz vs Anti-Nekroz, the need for finding a strategy to beat both is what needs to be done to win. Logistically though, I am going to double down on the "Trick Clown sucks" pool of thought. The fact remains you want to Cycle with Shurit, Mirror with Shurit or other cards, and Kaleidoscope with your Extra Deck. Sure, later in the game, Cycle discarding Trick Clown becomes more apparent a probability but you also have to realize that if you're playing a way to recycle back Shurit such as Exa or Dance Princess, we can already completely circumvent that. Therefore, the only good thing about Trick Clown, the ideal time for it to be used, is STILL only tributing it with Valk, which obviously doesn't take up a large enough amount of the time for it to be warranted. Hat Tricker on the other hand, is a card people just don't seem to realize the beauty of. Its summoning requirement is a joke, one way or another you'll always be able to Special Summon it from hand, it can be applied to those other situations where Trick Clown can't because you've Normal Summoned a Ju, and it still maintains the idea of the Clowns in this deck in that they're good against both Nekroz and Anti-Nekroz. Therefore, I'd encourage 3 Hat Tricker and 3 Damajuggler in the main, and NO copies of Trick Clown.

Keep in mind though, Clowns are still a bit better against Nekroz than Anti-Nekroz because the usefulness of Damajuggler is far more apparent in the mirror than in other match-ups and with Hat Tricker, it's also due to the fact that if they only have one Monster you're going to need to summon a Ju first which runs the risk of getting outed just to be able to summon Hat Tricker and in the case of Mistake, might defeat that Dire Wolf purpose in the first place because they may have already stopped your most important search then, in the Ju. That particular situation probably won't get remedied until Noden, but for now, and even post-Noden, as a half measure because we've already dictated we want to SIDE OUT the Clowns against Anti-Nekroz as they're not as good, we could then, argue for Assault Halberd. Comparatively speaking, a RotA target and a good effect puts it ahead of anything else like Photon Thrasher or Aqua Spirit or even Hat Tricker in those match-ups comparatively (sure you could say that by the same token, Hat Trick is also searchable, but the issue in that lies with that we've already established that Damajuggler isn't good against non-Nekroz, barring perhaps Kozmo but that's an outlier, so then, RotA would be the comparatively better search card to Damajuggler making Assault Halberd's warrant stronger than that of Hat Tricker still.) Yes, they'll have a board to summon the Halberd, and even if they don't it's obviously still good for that free attack and search for the other one which can quickly overwhelm these slower decks when they apparently bricked (if they didn't brick they likely would have had a board.) This works because we're siding Halberd against non-Nekroz and not Nekroz. Against Nekroz they want to clear board to avoid Trishula thus making Halberd bad. In other decks, they seek to play around Trishula OR address it either with Effect negation, floodgates, or simply, as I mentioned, playing around it (clearing hand.) None of these dictate that, as in the mirror, they won't have a board, making Assault Halberd still live.

Therefore, our current side (keeping in mind we're disregarding the third Mirror and likely assuming you're main decking the third Cycle, the reason we're disregarding third Mirror is that is isn't really an engine card on turn one barring an unlikely scenario of needing it to use with Shurit but even then I'd rather use either other two with Shurit because they're going to put Shurit in GY to be used with mirror which is now searchable, either way the Cycle/Kaleido being the one that are important to use first,) is:

3 Upstart Goblin

3 Storm

3 Denko Sekka

1 Nekroz of Clausolas

1 Nekroz of Kaleidoscope

1 Reinforcements of the Army

2 Heroic Champion - Assault Halberd

1 Vanity's Emptiness

That is what I currently think is the best side for the standard (or in this case, semi-standard,) Nekroz Clown deck, and why.

Edit: Right, almost forgot, the idea that we're siding more for non-mirrors rather than mirrors is given these paradigms, our deck is actually already fully equipped to play against the mirror, and we want to allocate the side to solve problems we actually need solving. Keep in mind the Clowns making Masquerade changes shit so much that getting Shared Ride played on your or Maxx "C" is now whatever because you're just going to kill them because they don't play veiler. Therefore, your win condition is NOT with these extraneous non-problem solving cards that people want to play like Shared Ride and Maxx "C", especially as we've just dictated that they can Masquerade around them, but with maximizing our chances of doing these Clown plays into the Masquerade ourselves. The win conditions of the mirror aren't the same as they were pre-Clowns, and it will continue to shift in this direction once Noden comes out. So we have a main to beat the mirror and game one of anti-Nekroz, then a side to address game 2 and 3 of Anti-Nekroz, so what we have is a really strong strategy comparatively. Regarding rather I think this or the BA deck from last week is better, that remains to be seen or thought about due to the multitude of factors but what I WILL say is that I believe BOTH strategies are leaps and bounds beyond the current status quot of competition we have against us, and solves it from two different angles, one dealing with it and one circumventing it, quite well. We've shown how a complex format can be addressed in two general angles, now it's your choice to decide which angle is better. Solve the problem head on, or circumvent it completely.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh_The_Irony    771

One of the best ways to power Waterfront is the Destiny Hero engine. And that Waterfront adds LV 8s to hand for even more Trade In targets.

People haven't caught on to the fact that Fusion Conscription is a ROTA for Dogma and Plasma by means of Destiny End Dragoon.

What this means is you now have:

3 Dogma

3 Plasma

3 Fusion Conscription

3 Gameciel

3 Destiny Draw

3 Trade In

3 Upstart Goblin

1 Allure

2 Terraforming

3 Waterfront

------------------------------

A more thematic way of playing Gamecial might actually be Aquaactresses - they are actually much better now that Nekroz are gone, because Barrier Statue of the Torrent is viable again (with the Aqua Stage). You also have Testudo erat Numen, and all the Spells are revival for Gamecial.

So you can Swap Frog or Undine, play COTH, some of the Spells, and you have Vanity's Emptiness.

The trouble with this is finding advantageous ways to pop the Spells for revival, that's the gap.

------------

Fire Fist is promising because you can Kaiju anything Bear can't destroy, and then you pop Tenki and Kaiju for 2 counters.

You can Painful Escape a BW for Wolfbark and make it live, Gyokkou, Tenken, all have value, etc. - they have some new stuff going for them.

Now that Exciton is gone, a FF board can't be wiped like that.

-----------------

The best deck to play Grand Horn in, is Heroes because Dark Law gets its effect off the draw restriction, so it's not a restriction.

I thought about a Destiny Hero engine before. I missed Fusion Conscription (which is really cool) but the inherent problem still remains that your only way to get Gameciel into the grave is Trade-In, and you don't have a way built into your engine to bring back Gameciel. This means you not only have to hit a Trade-In, but Trade-In has to discard Gameciel, and then you also need to hit a Call of the Haunted/Oasis/Soul Charge. Doesn't seem reliable enough to me.

I also looked into the Aquaactress cards, but I ran into the same problem as you that there was no good way to destroy the Aquarium cards, or enough ways to get Gameciel into the grave. Swap Frog unfortunately can't send Gameciel, but Undine has potential. Big Wave Small Wave could actually be really cool in this type of deck (giving two counters automatically and a good way to summon Gameciel especially with the level 1 Aquarium searcher guy), but you would still have to find a good way to pop your Aquariums and a good way to get Gameciel into your grave.

One thing I looked into was an Igknight engine, since they naturally provide tribute fodder for Gameciel. The deck has some cool tricks, since Lonefire Blossom can put three counters on Waterfront and bring out a Glow-Up to make the level 7 Psyframe Lord, which alongside Gameciel puts your opponent at no outs. Gameciel + Angineer or Gameciel + Gandiva would achieve the same effect I think. You can even run Planet Pathfinder to increase your total amounts of Waterfronts, and to act as another card to give Waterfront a counter. The problem is even with Summoner's Art/Rota (now limited unfortunately)/Upstart/Terraforming/Painful Decision/Lonefire/Planet Pathfinder, the likelihood of getting 4 or 5 counters on Waterfront is pretty low. The problem that the Igknights never go to the graveyard is inherently hard to overcome.

That being said, the best way to play Gameciel might be to tribute non-Pendulum monsters, since then you would essentially have two automatic counters on Waterfront and would only need to play three spells. Unfortunately, the only one card ways to put two monsters on board without using your normal summon that I can think of are the Speedroid guy and Brilliant Fusion with the Clowns. Since you aren't Pendulum summoning, you're limited back to 6 Waterfronts, which means to lock them turn one you would have to open one of your 6 Waterfronts and one of your 6 Brilliant Fusions/Speedroid guys, which I think still isn't likely enough. 

Nelrick    2392

Um how about Reasoning?

Playing a turbo milling deck.

3 reasoning

1 monster gate

3 kuribandit

3 chicken game

3 terra

3 upstart

3 into the void

3 gameciel

3 coth 

3 oasis

something along those lines with maybe other levels to milk more out of reasoning.

Bistro    15
Speedroid engine can make ancient fairy dragon along with chicken games for more ways search out the field spell. It can also ss planet pathfinder in the same turn.

The deck needs to find tower turn 1 so I think full suites of tower, terraforming, and, 2-3 pathfinder are necessary.

Into the void can be used in conjunction with trade in to discard kaiju dude.

Random ruling question as well. If you replace a field spell with tower, will it get a counter? This could help the deck run the full field spell suite because it could possibly be viable to search for multiple kaiju on the first turn for more deck thin / trade in targets. Plus give us better reasoning to even play chicken game.

Oh_The_Irony    771

Reasoning and Monster Gate I'm iffy on because there's so much that could go wrong. You'd probably be safe for a period of time due to ignorance, but  if you already have a Waterfront up, the opponent really should be calling level 8. Plus although they will probably call 1 on a blind Reasoning, you would still have to hit Gameciel, meaning Gameciel would pretty much have to be the only normal summon monster in your deck.

Into the Void auto discarding Gameciel is actually a really good call, I hadn't thought about that. I don't think Chicken Game is good because you can basically never play it after you play Waterfront. Speedroids could be cool, I'm sure there are applications there to be had. Pathfinder does seem good in any version that doesn't have an inherent need for a normal summon, specifically the Destiny Hero version. Fusion Conscription means you don't have to rely on Blazeman/Shadow Mist, but you might still want to play them because of Rota/Emergency Call being good ways to provide counters. 

Gabe3Vino    77

If you're already considering DHeroes, it might be useful to look at some DHero-Water/Frog decks from a few years ago. They did some nifty things with Diva+Malicious, while having Swap and Undine to dump waters, which is the same thing you're trying to do here. Fusing from hand sucks, but Fusion Conscription grabs a Dhero that you can instead use to make Abs0, and fusing with Gamiciel is one way to get it in grave.

No Stratos and 1 Diva really limit the consistency of your plays, but having access to the lvl 8 synchros is really powerful. Coincidentally Scrap Dragon provides the most valuable way of popping your Aqua-actress cards.

It actually might be better to just play Raiden + Instant Fusion, since paired together you have rank4s and lvl 8 synchros, constant water access via Noden, and Raiden obviously can put stuff into grave for revival later. But it might not be worth running the 1 ROTA without more targets. Maybe Photon Thrasher? Paired with Raiden thats an easy Tsukoyumi, which is another way to put Gamiciel or Malicious in grave.

Brilliant Fusion into Gem-Knight Amethyst lets you mill Gamaciel from the deck.

It's also level 7 for Xyz plays with Kumongous or Radian, and trivially has its half-Trunade effect which will probably do nothing most of the time, but might have some sort of use.

Genex undine dumps gameciel for call of the haunted or other revival and can get counters by dumping other stuff. Lol at atlanteans Kaijua being potentialy good.

Also about this, Oasis of Dragon Souls might be better than COTH because it puts the weaker ones in defense, it summons Gamaciel in defense, and unlike COTH, it self-destructs when you Synchro/etc with the target monster which can grant you an additional Kaiju counter.

No Stratos and 1 Diva really limit the consistency of your plays, but having access to the lvl 8 synchros is really powerful. Coincidentally Scrap Dragon provides the most valuable way of popping your Aqua-actress cards.

If Scrap Dragon is not viable, Speedroid gives you 2 Special Summons into Phantom Knights of Breaksword for practically free. Speedroids themselves also let you do some other stuff (tribute summon a Kaiju hurr durr) but free stuff is the big part.

[spoiler]

2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card on each side of the field; destroy them. If this Xyz Summoned card is destroyed: You can target 2 "The Phantom Knights" monsters with the same Level in your Graveyard; Special Summon them and increase their Levels by 1, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except DARK monsters.
[/spoiler]

Oh_The_Irony    771

These are all really solid ideas. One thing more thing I want to emphasize is that the focus can't just be on turboing out Gameciel, since you won't always go first. This upcoming format doesn't look like it will contain many traps (apart from Majespecter) so you don't need to worry as much about playing into backrow, but you do need to have a way to actually win, and to be able to respond to what your opponent does if you go second. Turboing out a Gameciel won't mean anything if your opponent already has a field you can't otherwise answer, and you can't just sit on a Gameciel forever because your opponent will accumulate new cards they can play faster than you will be able to put counters on Gameciel. 

That being said, level 8 synchros with water cards and Destiny Heroes/Gem-Knights/Speedroids all naturally help with this problem, so I think there is definitely some potential with a mix of those cards. A potential problem is the amount of dead cards you would have to play. Extra copies of Waterfront you draw are already essentially dead and extra copies of Terraforming are near dead, and then you're adding in Gem-Knight Garnets, the bad Speedroids, Destiny Hero cards you will never summon, etc.

dexer008    805

ygo idea pad = kaiju thread

speaking of which, why not just run a kaiju deck? Kaiju cards and defense, as well as their themed cards/ remove brain washing and owners seal? Kaiju capture mission allows you to generate more counters on the field for Gameciel, Kumongous and Dogoran, and nets you 2 draws if your opponent decides to blind destroy your backrow. 

»victor    6400

speaking of which, why not just run a kaiju deck? Kaiju cards and defense, as well as their themed cards/ remove brain washing and owners seal? Kaiju capture mission allows you to generate more counters on the field for Gameciel, Kumongous and Dogoran, and nets you 2 draws if your opponent decides to blind destroy your backrow. 

You can only control 1 Kaiju so you need other engines to do stuff.

The Ween    237
I've been testing ninja kaiju. They'll be much better when we get the twilight ninjas, but it's already pretty legit cause transformation and super transformation turn into kaiju and upstart golden and Hanzo is a rank 4 engine that makes use of continuous traps.

Oh_The_Irony    771

Personally, I'm not really interested in making a Kaiju deck. I want a deck that can quickly and consistently summon a card that says your opponent cannot play yugioh, which as far as I can tell Kaiju do not do in a viable way. You can pretty much never summon Gameciel to your opponent's field since they will then negate all your stuff, and Gameciel has the least attack out of all the Kaijus, so summoning a Kaiju to your opponent's field and then summoning Gameciel doesn't work either. Plus you can't do any of this on turn 1. 

AK-48    70

I've been testing ninja kaiju. They'll be much better when we get the twilight ninjas, but it's already pretty legit cause transformation and super transformation turn into kaiju and upstart golden and Hanzo is a rank 4 engine that makes use of continuous traps.

The only issue with hanzo and super art is that pendulum monsters don't go to the Graveyard so they don't count towards the level for super art of transformation. This means that you can only fetch a level 4 monster whenever you send hanzo and a pendulum which really limits the power vs a pendulum deck.

Virtuoso    104

The only issue with hanzo and super art is that pendulum monsters don't go to the Graveyard so they don't count towards the level for super art of transformation. This means that you can only fetch a level 4 monster whenever you send hanzo and a pendulum which really limits the power vs a pendulum deck.

someone pointed out to me that this truth is cushioned by the fact that you can tribute a kaiju over their pendulum monster, then use that kaiju for super transform. its convoluted but it's still dialogue. i wouldnt have ran ninjas in kaiju even with 3 rota though. with 1 rota you are increasing the amount of games you draw transformation traps before you draw hanzos, and thats one of the worser bricks youll ever know in this game

kumongous is the only kaiju ninjas want to summon, and he is made mostly irrelevant by kozmos ability to summon cl2. gameciel is the breadwinner

Sanjura    6663

just wanted to say that i went on ahead and tested the dark law + grand horn interaction. it's pretty fucking amazing (thanks victor), but it's a shame that heroes get dismantled by kozmo pretty badly. there's just not enough ways to deal with dark destroyer in that deck, especially g1. almost feels like an auto-loss. :\

dopespot    34

Kozmo is a limiting factor currently. Rank4 decks and anything else that can't deal with a Dark Destroyer just isn't viable right now. That said, pendulum decks in general feel pretty equiped to deal with kozmo between 3 Dracoslayer and a md Masked Chameleon for Feral Imp plays. Ignister just beats kozmo. Fuck it, ignister just beats everything; card is nuts.

Something screwy in effect right now is Kozmo wants to go second and Majespecter stuff wants to go first. I feel like it puts you in a position to play a pendulum deck that can take advantage of blinding second for the otks and CA, while still having the ability to make a reasonable turn 1 play to set yourself up or disrupt your opponent. SB construction is more important here than winning the die-roll unlike last format.

Also Samurai Cavalry is underrated. It's good against everything that isn't pendulums and even then is good against the extra deck monsters while Vector Pendulum is better against Pend decks because of Specter Cat and opposing Dracoslayers.

• Upvote 2

Berdversary    181
I figure in Rank 4 Pendulum a T1 play would be King of the Feral Imps + PSYframe Omega, an additional Instant Fusion can give you another Omega.

Magical Abductor + Droll and Lock Bird + Ptolemaeus --> Durendal also came to mind but neither Infernoid/Kozmo give you enough ways to activate Droll (Kozmotown) to justify it, however it does answer Maxx "C" if it becomes a common side vs the deck if the opponent goes second. It does well vs Majespecter (the mirror can make Giant Hand to stop Ptolemaeus/Castel to out Durendal) but that deck is already at a disadvantage going second.

AK-48    70

just wanted to say that i went on ahead and tested the dark law + grand horn interaction. it's pretty fucking amazing (thanks victor), but it's a shame that heroes get dismantled by kozmo pretty badly. there's just not enough ways to deal with dark destroyer in that deck, especially g1. almost feels like an auto-loss. :\

If you play igknight heroes then you can either use utopia beyond coupled with dark law or rhomni with dark law to run it over and prevent the special summon effect.

Ostaph    73

I'm sure there is a strong psychological factor when playing with pendulum decks. The fact that the destroyed monsters are never gone for good and threaten to come back any turn can put a lot of pressure on the opponent. They always know that a possible big push is never far away. One could try to amplify this effect by clever talk and action, by casually showing all the face-ups in the extra or mindlessly talking about the possibilities all theses cards offer when they come back. Some opponents might get a certain helpless Sisyphus feeling that it's almost pointless to attack over the monsters as they all come back next turn.

I could imagine that besides Towers and Skill Drain this exact feel was part of why people hated to play against Qli for example.

+scuzzlebutt    23491

I'm sure there is a strong psychological factor when playing with pendulum decks. The fact that the destroyed monsters are never gone for good and threaten to come back any turn can put a lot of pressure on the opponent. They always know that a possible big push is never far away. One could try to amplify this effect by clever talk and action, by casually showing all the face-ups in the extra or mindlessly talking about the possibilities all theses cards offer when they come back. Some opponents might get a certain helpless Sisyphus feeling that it's almost pointless to attack over the monsters as they all come back next turn.

I could imagine that besides Towers and Skill Drain this exact feel was part of why people hated to play against Qli for example.

sounds like you're just thinking of ways to LOL TROLL ur opponent instead of actually signal to him that you have a big pendulum play available, which is how you get a tangible advantage with mindgames like these other than just pissing them off by virtue of being annoying, you actually have to use your words and body language to change his incentives for certain lines of play. if you just keep fanning out your faceup extra deck regardless of what plays you have available to you your opponent will pick up on that sooner or later and your signal will be worthless outside of telling your opponent that you're desperate

search plushfire with damage juggler and hold it, take a card from your hand and make it look like you're about to put it in a pendulum zone, then take it back, etc etc. if you KNOW he cant punish you with wavering eyes, you can just activate one pendulum scale and leave it there until you draw the second one for the blowout and make it abundantly clear that you are waiting to draw that second pendulum scale to kill him for the mad disrespect points, but this obviously gets more and more dangerous the more turns you have to pass