Noelle

YGO Idea Pad/Things to Consider

The Ween    237
Im gonna further consider the list when I have a chance but there's really no reason to go over 40 cause of controllers. The point of the deck is pendulum summoning out the controllers and other otherwise dead normal summons associate with undine mermails.

In fact, id say the decks biggest issue is not solving the normal summon issue if you're holding undine and nepta, which is definitely a reason to fit in Megalos. I might also give the deck a try, as spamming dwellers with waters under them with mages and jigabyte is a really attractive prospect. A board of double dwller megalo or something is pretty sweet.

»Noelle    5847

More Igknight Shit

• Can make Beatrice with the 6s and Dantes with the 3s
  • RotA can get both Phantom Knights and Igknights
  • Pendulum Summoning can solve what makes Phantom Knights terrible, drawing them
  • Igknight Monsters conflict with Burning Abyss monsters
  • Igknight Monsters don't conflict with Phantom Knight monsters
  • Access to Wavering gives another wincon against the Performapal deck
  • If they have a little Kozmo on the field and don't use it before you overlay with 2 6's, you can make Bouncer and fuck them over
  • Can solve drawing multiple normals IE Rhino via Pendulum Summoning
  • Can play Dracos for another wincon against Kozmo but probably doesn't need to because Kozmo usually can't do shit about Beatrice anyway
  • Quantum Red Layer can be searched with any 2 Igknight
  • Blue Layer is a 3 for the Dantes/Break Sword plays
  • Red Layer and a LV 5 Igknight can go for a rank 5
  • Magician pendulum cards can be played giving you a range of 1-8 as opposed to 2-7
  • Magician cards can also help clear shit like Monarch fields etc that might otherwise stop you
  • The Magician Call can solve Wavering and Twin Twister leaving Traps to be the only issue, which the LV 4 Magician can sometimes solve
  • The only out I can think of to Basiltrice with 5 Material in Kozmo is Kozmojo. Not sure if BA/PK has an out, note to check later*
  • Basiltrice can be made with the LV 6 Igknights obviously, but reminder to read Hazy Flame cards later to check for anything relevant*
  • I think Hieratic Hazy Flame was a thing once but it probably doesn't do anything now
  • Pilgrim Reaper can mill 5 and gain from the BAs/PKs, and can sometimes force deck-out late against BA/PK
  • Upvote 1

Mitch    86
Hazy flame can also make evolzaur solda which is pretty good

»Noelle    5847

BA + Monarch stuff:

• Pantheism/First Monarch being milled or sent by Beatrice
  • Gives a better extra to the extra deck variant of Monarchs
  • Stormforth coincides with going second/Trapless
  • Taking advantage of Vanity's Fiend (see: http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=167255&p=4036460 )
  • May be able to smokescreen into heavier either Monarch or BA
  • Twin Twister can somewhat mitigate dead Monarch Spells/Traps
  • Look for other good tribute interactions with BA, Puppet Master is one of them
  • Specifically note LV 6s because they can help make Beatrice
  • For example, with Puppet Master, a BA, and Rhino in GY: Tribute Summon Puppet Master > Puppet + Rhino > Beatrice > Cir > BA > doesn't die because of Rhino > Dante or other Rank 3
  • Being able to special any BA and have it be tributed, as well as Dante replacing a card when tributing, mitigates cost of Tributing
  • Stormforth conflicts with Extra and therefore should probably be played both at 1 and only if we're tributing for and using in general "floodgate monsters" like Vanity's in which we wouldn't use the extra that turn anyway

Other notes on the Igknight BA thing:

• Can add Blazeman > Polymerization card
  • Winda is good against Burning Abyss right now, unless Kaiju becomes a trend in it. As long as it's stuff like Lake, Dark Hole, and Raigeki it may be opportune. The shaddoll to fuse with could coincide with Beatrice.
  • For example, Beatrice with 2 LV 6 Igknights sending a Shaddoll Hedgehog for a Shaddoll then destroying the last 2 Igknights to get Blazeman, summoning it to get Polymerization, and fusion the Shaddoll with another BA in hand for Winda.
  • Could also make Grysta with the Blazeman and the Shaddoll against Pendulum, for example.

Me.    59

BA + Monarch stuff:

• Pantheism/First Monarch being milled or sent by Beatrice
  • Gives a better extra to the extra deck variant of Monarchs
  • Stormforth coincides with going second/Trapless
  • Taking advantage of Vanity's Fiend (see: http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=167255&p=4036460 )
  • May be able to smokescreen into heavier either Monarch or BA
  • Twin Twister can somewhat mitigate dead Monarch Spells/Traps
  • Look for other good tribute interactions with BA, Puppet Master is one of them
  • Specifically note LV 6s because they can help make Beatrice
  • For example, with Puppet Master, a BA, and Rhino in GY: Tribute Summon Puppet Master > Puppet + Rhino > Beatrice > Cir > BA > doesn't die because of Rhino > Dante or other Rank 3
  • Being able to special any BA and have it be tributed, as well as Dante replacing a card when tributing, mitigates cost of Tributing
  • Stormforth conflicts with Extra and therefore should probably be played both at 1 and only if we're tributing for and using in general "floodgate monsters" like Vanity's in which we wouldn't use the extra that turn anyway

Other notes on the Igknight BA thing:

• Can add Blazeman > Polymerization card
  • Winda is good against Burning Abyss right now, unless Kaiju becomes a trend in it. As long as it's stuff like Lake, Dark Hole, and Raigeki it may be opportune. The shaddoll to fuse with could coincide with Beatrice.
  • For example, Beatrice with 2 LV 6 Igknights sending a Shaddoll Hedgehog for a Shaddoll then destroying the last 2 Igknights to get Blazeman, summoning it to get Polymerization, and fusion the Shaddoll with another BA in hand for Winda.
  • Could also make Grysta with the Blazeman and the Shaddoll against Pendulum, for example.

As an alternative to beatrice (read: run only bea or run both), armageddon knight can both send headehog to the graveyard and act as a dark for winda.

foofatron    38

I wanted to share this video utilizing the new pendulum synchro and igknights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIqRCXKSJy0

This particular combo lets you search any card in your deck, which further adds to a peculiar quality about igknights: they can be built to do a wide variety of plays and be very consistent in that regard.

The deck has always suffered against backrow, although hamster and eccentric help against lone sets.

More importantly, I think the deck could be very potent if it found a solid win condition. Maybe it will be an ftk again, but something will be discovered.

Me.    59

I wanted to share this video utilizing the new pendulum synchro and igknights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIqRCXKSJy0

This particular combo lets you search any card in your deck, which further adds to a peculiar quality about igknights: they can be built to do a wide variety of plays and be very consistent in that regard.

The deck has always suffered against backrow, although hamster and eccentric help against lone sets.

More importantly, I think the deck could be very potent if it found a solid win condition. Maybe it will be an ftk again, but something will be discovered.

The setup for this combo is equivalent to that of the actual ftk, except the ftk wins games unlike that combo.

For that combo to be worth playing, the card you search has to actually just straight up win the game. It might be cool with vanity's emptiness in a format where people don't main s/t destruction, or something similar to that. But still, you're just better off playing the ftk in that case.

mark    3105

Posted it in this thread as well http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=167856#entry4037164 

But I think black garden locking your opponent with 5 tokens could be a floodgate side-deck strategy against BA/pendulum decks/anything that does not tribute summon monsters, that is, if you play the kind of deck that can summon 5x a turn to begin with, of course. Dark hole is an out, but then they still won't OTK you unless they deal with garden itself. Ideally you can blow up all tokens and summon some 2400 atk synchro or something to attack for game, or just gain massive advantage while doing stuff such as making your opponent discard their hand. 

Me.    59

Posted it in this thread as well http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=167856#entry4037164 

But I think black garden locking your opponent with 5 tokens could be a floodgate side-deck strategy against BA/pendulum decks/anything that does not tribute summon monsters, that is, if you play the kind of deck that can summon 5x a turn to begin with, of course. Dark hole is an out, but then they still won't OTK you unless they deal with garden itself. Ideally you can blow up all tokens and summon some 2400 atk synchro or something to attack for game, or just gain massive advantage while doing stuff such as making your opponent discard their hand. 

I also posted some more concrete ideas about this a while back:

You need at least one Non Chicken Game field spell in the case you need to leave it on field. I have been messing around with this idea with Abductor and Monk. Monk can grab a Sorcerer to get things rolling.

yeah that's the pseudo space

Other options include:

Black garden - with dinoster/ignister spam, giving the opponent 5 tokens turn 1 looks very possible. It also makes sure that you probably won't get OTK'd. Underwhelming against monarchs though (the 5 toke lockdown, since they can tribute the tokens).

Secret Village Of The Spellcasters - Team this up with something that can negate edea and you auto-win against monarchs.

Sky Iris - with 1 odd-eyes fusion.

Fusion Gate - Probably not, but if you choose to include one of the odd-eyes performages after next set it becomes a way to summon vortex.

Depending on how "diverse" the field becomes, these may all be potential side deck choices but none of them (except maybe sky iris that eats a fair amount of extra deck space) looks like main deck material unless we specifically prepare to win against 1 specific deck game 1.

Looking closer at the black garden idea, you can overlay ignister and dinoster into number 40: gimmick puppet of strings to make sure that after your opponent has been locked out for a turn, the field is clear for you to win. Bonus points for 2500+ burn.

[spoiler]2 Level 8 monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; place 1 String Counter on each face-up monster on the field, except this card. If you do, during your opponent's next End Phase: Destroy the monsters with String Counters, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed.[/spoiler]

+Silver    1008

card of demise with satellar looks really tempting now.

especially with 3x storming or quaking, which quaking deals with pretty much all match-ups

There's a meme idea floating around in the OCG where you take Scout, search for Monolith, destroy Scout with something like a Metalphosis or Sky Iris, and then PS both Scout and Monolith to summon Infinity. Scout + Sky Iris + corresponding scale that accommodates Lv 5 gives you Infinity. Yang Zing Metalphosis could just as easily do this and then just add Scout Mono as a 2-card engine for Infinity by using Baxia to destroy Scout before actually making the big Pendulum Summon for Zefraniu etc.

Maybe this is best used in decks that can get rid of Scout in the scale and/or naturally put out Infinity, possibly Dinomist?

Blacklisted    1329

Problem is if you draw mono before scout its ass

Berdversary    181

In context of the Metalphosis deck, its played because Summoners Art is already a 3-of so you'd be playing 4 copies of Scout when you need it. You'd be seeing Summoner's Art far more often than Mono.

mark    3105

Whenever I see 2-card combos for Infinity, I always wonder what makes infinity so much better than just a regular trap? Yes, infinity can do a bunch of stuff, but in the end of the day it still loses to Kajiu, it probably stops only 1 card (be it dark hole, or castel, etc.), so I think a lot of the time infinity is just a very good trap. Now most decks don't play traps to begin with, for a good reason. There might be some potential I'm missing here, but right now it seems like adding 2-card combos (scout+a way to destroy scout), that can easily be outed (for example: twin twister/mst/ghost ogre on the scout), with the potential of drawing dead cards (drawing monolith, drawing only one part of the combo, double drawing cards etc.), where I'd probably rather just play traps/hand traps I think. The good part about Infinity was that it turned your engine cards into a trap monster, but when you're adding random cards just to make infinity, that seems the same as playing stuff like Apex Avian to me, which wasn't considered good to begin with. There may be potential and things I'm overlooking here, but right now I don't see how Infinity is worth it when you could just play 1-card alternatives (solemns, treacherous, hand traps, apex avian/kirin, these kind of cards) which also aren't seeing too much play anyway. 

»victor    6400

Whenever I see 2-card combos for Infinity, I always wonder what makes infinity so much better than just a regular trap? Yes, infinity can do a bunch of stuff, but in the end of the day it still loses to Kajiu, it probably stops only 1 card (be it dark hole, or castel, etc.), so I think a lot of the time infinity is just a very good trap. Now most decks don't play traps to begin with, for a good reason. There might be some potential I'm missing here, but right now it seems like adding 2-card combos (scout+a way to destroy scout), that can easily be outed (for example: twin twister/mst/ghost ogre on the scout), with the potential of drawing dead cards (drawing monolith, drawing only one part of the combo, double drawing cards etc.), where I'd probably rather just play traps/hand traps I think. The good part about Infinity was that it turned your engine cards into a trap monster, but when you're adding random cards just to make infinity, that seems the same as playing stuff like Apex Avian to me, which wasn't considered good to begin with. There may be potential and things I'm overlooking here, but right now I don't see how Infinity is worth it when you could just play 1-card alternatives (solemns, treacherous, hand traps, apex avian/kirin, these kind of cards) which also aren't seeing too much play anyway. 

People are still stuck in Dino Rabbit days when Laggia/Dolkka was the best. That was when Dolkka + Forbidden Lance was the stones. And then you had Ophion.

But then you Dragon Rulers with what was back then, infinite revival.

But now, in reality, you do have infinite revival with Pendulum mechanic, so yeah.

There are one card ways to make CDI like Rescue Hamster, and stuff like http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Constellar_Zubeneschamaliin Dinomist (Trib one, Pend the other), but even so, with Dinomists, you'd rather Synchro, eg. Deskbot for Metaphys Horus (who doesn't target) and so on, cuz you get the revival still.

Why XYZ when you can Synchro?

»Noelle    5847

Igknight BA might not be a bad idea to counter winter blossom. Also, Artifact Lancea looks like a really good idea against the new Kozmo decks with Island. Chaining it to Island basically means they wasted 2 cards.

Me.    59

Igknight BA might not be a bad idea to counter winter blossom. Also, Artifact Lancea looks like a really good idea against the new Kozmo decks with Island. Chaining it to Island basically means they wasted 2 cards.

And they have one fire king less left in deck for future combos.

Me.    59

Artifact as a deck got a lot better with card of demise. Lancea turns into a better and better hand trap the more kozmo selfdestruct, and functions as a "normal" artifact in other matchups and has potential to steal turns from monarch.

Cyber dragon is potentially useful for being a level 5 light, although I see a huge conflict with artifacts being summoned on the opponent's turn and cydra needing an empty field, but if this can somehow be to where cyber dragon can be utilized as a light level 5 regardless of matchup, that's a huge edge against kozmo. An idea to tie this together is galaxy soldier, but then we're back to playing matthew's cyber artifact galaxy without demise and maybe this is good enough but I'm not sure.

Both monarch and kozmo are hurt a lot by all 4 of SIM, rivalry, gozen and IIW (gozen less than the other, but still), while ba is still hurt a lot by the prior three. And I've had success maining all twelve of these. Artifact is one of the decks that are not at all hurt by any of them, although I again see a problem here with only having 5 backrow spaces if you're going to fit calls and oasis and artifacts and floodgates (which probably mean you won't be playing all 12, but maybe 3-6). This does for example mean that you can't play demise as a plus on turn 1. Some way to utilize the normal summon might be the solution.

The ba matchup is easily solved by scythe and if the above can be turned into a way to beat kozmo we might be onto a real deck here.

Me.    59
On 2016-04-26 at 6:37 AM, Monahan said:

Igknight BA might not be a bad idea to counter winter blossom. 

Wouldn't just going 2nd already do a lot against it?

+Silver    1008

Igknight BA sounds clunky as fuck. 

Another idea for the deck rn is maybe inzektors. I know kozmo exists but eh, I like doing inzektor shenanigans. 

especially now with demise, allure at 2, and possible techs with temple of the kings, why not. 

»Noelle    5847

I don't know what "clunky" means. The same as "cloggy?" It's not like you have to use that many actual BA Monsters anyway.Me., we're going to have to figure out two things to validify that. First, figure out if most are blinding first, esp post-side. Second, how many monsters they're leaving on the field usually. Like, if Monarch is only leaving one then we would still have more than them before overlaying. Same if Kozmo doesn't go for a combo and only summons a Tincan or some shit.

Anyway, I think Overdrive Teleporter with Dr Frankenderp and Ghost Ogre is a pretty cool idea. Frankenderp is kinda nuts actually because A. games don't go that long, B. it's a 3 that can use eff even if pendulumed, and C. can draw into hand traps if you're playing a significant amount of them (which I plan to when I go to build this deck.) The cool thing is none of these three are even bad draws in this deck. The only one that is even annoying to draw multiples of is Teleporter but that's such a low chance that it's largely neglectable. 

Something my friend brought up that was really cool with First of the Dragons and checking to see if it autowins anything, post-side or otherwise, post-SHIV format.

»Noelle    5847

Actually, another thing I was thinking about is bringing back the Igknight Hero thing. Dark Law sounds p solid against the new Kozmo Fire King Island deck and against Monarch.

Me.    59
1 hour ago, Monahan said:

Actually, another thing I was thinking about is bringing back the Igknight Hero thing. Dark Law sounds p solid against the new Kozmo Fire King Island deck and against Monarch.

The problem I see with dark law against fire king kozmo is that it only really shuts down island, and then the deck still has normal kozmo plays. If it ends up that they stop playing traps, you should win on dark law + durendal or dark law + photon strike bounzer though, but only if they don't draw tele. If they still play traps, they can easily break whatever field your deck does and igknight doesn't have a way to recover from that. Additionally, the trend will very likely be for them to blind first (just like more or less every other deck) and igknight hero isn't the deck to handle going 2nd against those fields.

»Noelle    5847

The thing is though is that those normal Kozmo plays that aren't Tincan (which Dark Law solves) kinda sucks. The era of the deck going normal>banish>float on something is quickly becoming obsolete, especially when you consider that the original Igknight Hero deck had a great matchup against Kozmo back when it did exactly that. Also Dark Law makes a lot of these Traps worse too. Call is obvious, I'm actually not sure about Mojo though.

I know that "and if you do" is considered simultaneous past-tense in psct, but when it actually happens, is it destroying their monster before banishing yours?