Noelle

YGO Idea Pad/Things to Consider

»Noelle    5848

Actually Dark Law doesn't completely solve Tincan, woops. 

Me.    57

The problem you would have is if kozmo goes normal->banish->beat over something you spent 2 igknights to xyz summon, or if they go tincan set strike against your strike bounzer/durendal (or really any pilot, especially wicked is a problem). And if you don't xyz summon, the dark law isn't staying so there's like no reason to play him.

The call interaction is a good point though, but at this point it's impossible for me to say if that's enough.

One cool thing I like with dark law against kozmo is that rafflessia will out any ship summon if you run bottomless and traptrix trap hole nightmare, making you less reliant on drawing the high levels if you choose to run it.

Fire Island Kozmo can spit out big-ish fields with 3 card hands, but if the criteria is just 3 cards, Phalanx Ravine Soul Charge (effectively at 6, 5, and 4 copies respectively) literally lets you create matter from the deck by ending on Red, Titanic, and 2 sync 8s (typically Crystal Wing and Stardust)

This gives you spell negation, effect negation, attack protection (Titanic prevents the opponent from running Stardust over and then using Raigeki), destruction protection. 

Alternatively you can use Dearg to mill Dragon Buster, then summon Leyvaten with Atum and that gives you a Domain lock protected by Titanic.

I've been stumbling around other boards for ideas, but I'm pretty sure this kicks the shit out of that DDD combo that ends on Crystal and the DDD super Fogblade.

Wish I could contact NB96 because he also tried to do this madman deck with Dragon's Bind :/

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bundle of Sticks said:

Fire Island Kozmo can spit out big-ish fields with 3 card hands, but if the criteria is just 3 cards, Phalanx Ravine Soul Charge (effectively at 6, 5, and 4 copies respectively) literally lets you create matter from the deck by ending on Red, Titanic, and 2 sync 8s (typically Crystal Wing and Stardust)

This gives you spell negation, effect negation, attack protection (Titanic prevents the opponent from running Stardust over and then using Raigeki), destruction protection. 

Alternatively you can use Dearg to mill Dragon Buster, then summon Leyvaten with Atum and that gives you a Domain lock protected by Titanic.

I've been stumbling around other boards for ideas, but I'm pretty sure this kicks the shit out of that DDD combo that ends on Crystal and the DDD super Fogblade.

Wish I could contact NB96 because he also tried to do this madman deck with Dragon's Bind :/

You can always tag @NB96 to get his attention (though I'm not 100% sure it works atm)

SageRhapsody    272

They both happen at the exact same time simply in terms of "miss the timing". But you resolve the card in the order it is printed. So first you destroy the kozmo, banishing it because Dark Law still applies, and then you banish the dark law. 

• Upvote 1

brighteyes    2150

How exactly does that Dragunity combo work?

11 hours ago, brighteyes said:

How exactly does that Dragunity combo work?

Found this image a while ago, saved it for posterity

The idea is that you use Dearg to summon a Baby Roc, make any Sync 8, and then Soul Charge the pieces back to loop into an absurd field.

RkgT8UX.png

• Upvote 3

buckwheatloaf    204

u can do a fenix ftk with

light mausoleum + arma OR left arm + sage OR maiden

and arma + left arm + ravine also works.

i'd be a bigger fan  if making all the garden tokens u need for the full damage didn't make u go about the ftk in a roundabout way with dragunity tribus and having to use accel and jet synchron.

instnat fusion WOUlD be the perfecft card if u didn't need the norden in ur extra at the end to bring out with fusion gate.

buckwheatloaf    204

u can do a fenix ftk with

light mausoleum + arma OR left arm + sage OR maiden

and arma + left arm + ravine also works.

i'd be a bigger fan  if making all the garden tokens u need for the full damage didn't make u go about the ftk in a roundabout way with dragunity tribus and having to use accel and jet synchron.

instnat fusion WOUlD be the perfecft card if u didn't need the norden in ur extra at the end to bring out with fusion gate.

Mr Dragon    312
On 04/05/2016 at 3:08 PM, Bundle of Sticks said:

A couple of other things, mostly stuff that helps Dragunity have an absurd Kozmo matchup:

- Since the deck's combo engine is pretty small relatively, you can run a suite of Koaki Meiru Drago and Diamond Cores, which are pretty effective against the most popular decks right now. 

- Running Brilliant Fusion in this deck makes it so much better - aside from a normalish  benefit of being able to make 2 Dux plays in a single turn, sending a Galaxy Serpent and Lazuli lets you make Ancient Fairy Dragon. At this point you can either pop Ravine to search another and use its effect again, or you can pop it and search Necrovalley. Necrovalley + Crystal Wing is practically an autowin against Kozmo and a pretty strong board against most other decks. The best part about it is you're also able to pop your Necrovalley with Ancient Fairy Dragon later on if you need to make a play involving the graveyard. Going second against Kozmo, a good play to aim for is to get to a position where you have Scarlight + Necrovalley.

- Another big thing for decks that can play Soul Charge + Beatrice in general is that you can dump Ghost Ogre or Artifact Lancea with Beatrice (or Brilliant Fusion) then Soul Charge them back. Another cool thing about Beatrice is that if you open Beatrice + Psy-Frame Lord Omega you have a Kaiju for literally every turn after the first one so long as you have another to search from deck.

• Upvote 1

Sanjura    6663

To breathe some life into this thread, I'm going to speak about Spellbooks and its place as a rogue deck in today's meta. Card of Demise revitalized books in the same way it has other decks; and while Demise is no Judgment,it's given the deck enough power to function as an anti-meta deck. The advantage Spellbooks have over other Demise deck is the rate at which you'll see it, as it's not uncommon to go through several searchable cards per turn and Tower essentially granting two draw phases. Kycoo puts a real damper on Monarchs by denying Pantheism and Prime, and you can make yourself nearly immune to Stormforth with Wisdom. Rivalry is a near blowout. Post board your side hurts Monarchs even more, as there's no answering a Secret Village for that deck.

Kozmo is a bit harder because of Destroyer, but you can Power+Master over everything not Dark Planet, and Kycoo prevents ships from floating which is a huge boon for books. Jowgen does as well acting as a psudeo-Dweller and Raigeki built in one. Outside of Kozmojo, Jowgen and Fate is an extremely effective lock vs Kozmo.

On the flip side, BA is nigh impossible to beat. Everything relevant smashes Jowgen and Beatrice is going to deny us from connecting any hits with Kycoo. 

As an aside, another advantage that books have over other Demise decks is post-board making a Downerd Magician and EEVing the shit out of your opponent, effectively rendering any more Demises useless. edit: kycoo/power puts you above 2500 too ayyyyyy lma0

• Upvote 7

TPoePro    34

Don't tempt me Sanjura!!! I'll play it at ARG STL if anyone has the cards :)

TPoePro    34

Some OCG build.

Screenshot_20160601-222434.png

TPoePro    34

Here is something I put together. The main reason I chose the shaddoll engine even though it appears to conflict with demise is because justice is vital to the deck and needed a target to add to hand that wasn't priestess. I felt like Winda has a good position in the meta enough to justify the spots. I know lose 1 turn is a card worth maining and I could justify playing that somewhere. Anyway, I thought that this particular build allows for the deck to function with demise while still having an antimeta feel without all of the traps.

IMG_20160601_224803.jpg

dexer008    805

You could still justify priestess with demise if you run spellbook of life. There's also world of prophecy to consider. 

Blue-eyes Spellbook gets a great new boost in white spirit dragon, maybe there's something to look in that old deck. 

If one were to run jowgen and kycoo, moon mirror shield seem like a must, and instead of drowning mirror force I would use quaking. Lets you stall out, floods their fields with useless monsters to stall, great against BA etc. 

mark    3105

I don't know how consistenly you can see demise, but a turbo build using into the void/dark world dealings/ any playable drawcard, could be possible. You basically draw untill you can combo out, then refill with demise. At worst, you made a -1 or have to set your entire hand, but at best, you turned brick hands into game winning ones. 

»Satchmo    3222

loose concept based on CoD Kozmo-Demise Disaster Dragon

f11a60cbc0884f1093e48c72a4668642.png
If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls or in their Graveyard; banish that monster, and if you do, this card gains ATK and DEF equal to that banished monster's Level/Rank x 100. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in either Graveyard, except "Felgrand the Great Divine Dragon"; Special Summon it to your side of the field.

This guy functions the same way Dark Destroyer does in conjunction with Call/Oasis

b02bc092543b4bbc9a22c1ee22822992.png
If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can banish as many face-up Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each card banished by this effect. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard because it was sent there last turn: You can target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard, except "Arkbrave Dragon"; Special Summon it.

This card is literally the stones, you can revive it back to blow away their scales or other cont s/t that create problems for you, or you can dump it with Ravine to revive Felgrand to break up boards in the midgame and in the early game you can revive Goliath below. You revive in the following Stand-By phase, so it doesn't even matter if you draw him off Demise, you can ditch it and get somebody back.

908a16dfca194aafaf3f8359a1cdc8fb.png
While you control an "Amorphage" monster, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead, except "Amorphage" cards. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, Tribute 1 monster or destroy this card.

Neither player can Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except "Amorphage" monsters.

This locks down a lot of rogue decks alongside BA and Pendulums, and it backed by like Mask of Restrict/Rivalry of the Warlords is the main way you are winning the Monarch match-up.

38833d4e0ff748bc8828be4bba1d2efc.png4c4bf33d6b1743c7ae9e0333325bc9cb.png
Kozmo doesn't out this since most people dropped Witches, and BA have trouble with it as well. You can also call/oasis this back in response to things like banish tincan for ship and ba reveals to fuck them up. Yes, you can revel a dragon before you ditch for demise.

e6e67d0430804509a63264ef4ccf06b8.png
Ravine actually compliments CoD, since you can discard excess monsters/dead cards to draw extra cards.

ee360426158642ff87b29e5076ac390a.png
Target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. If a Dragon-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

Reborn is good etc, but it also holds value if you have to discard it for Demise/Ravine, similiar to Daimond Core above.

38cac6a07d7248dfb8c3a0812cbdbec1.png
If a monster(s) that isn't from the Graveyard is Special Summoned, and you control a Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster: Negate that monster's effects until the end of this turn. Once per turn: You can send 1 other face-up card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Great Dragon Token" (Dragon-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). If this card is in your Graveyard: You can send to the Graveyard 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster from your hand or face-up from your side of the field; add this card to your hand.

This card is a conditional l1t, it may be worth looking into. It's other effects have some niche use, like you can ditch a dragon out of hand to add it back then play it to get another card off Demise, kinda like Ravine. You can potentially send dead ravines/floodgates to ss a token. Kinda notable for this card, which may be worth looking into.

-----------------------------

Unlike other CoD focused decks, your monsters are actual literal threats and not just lv4 (mostly) vanilla beaters. They're either floodgates or removal in conjunction with revival spells, so you are more reliant on your engine to win than you are your floodgates, since they're integrated. This definitely is a worse version of Demise Kozmo, since it can't really play without Call/Oasis or Demise at any given time, but I think it's way more threatening than like most of the other Demise options. One thing I think this deck suffers from is that nothing in it's engine really beats Monarch, they just don't care. As long as they can tribute summon, you can lose and the only real way to stop that is with traps. But that's true for pretty much every demise deck, right?

• Upvote 2

Me.    57
22 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls or in their Graveyard; banish that monster, and if you do, this card gains ATK and DEF equal to that banished monster's Level/Rank x 100. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in either Graveyard, except "Felgrand the Great Divine Dragon"; Special Summon it to your side of the field.

This guy functions the same way Dark Destroyer does in conjunction with Call/Oasis

If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can banish as many face-up Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each card banished by this effect. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard because it was sent there last turn: You can target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard, except "Arkbrave Dragon"; Special Summon it.

This card is literally the stones, you can revive it back to blow away their scales or other cont s/t that create problems for you, or you can dump it with Ravine to revive Felgrand to break up boards in the midgame and in the early game you can revive Goliath below. You revive in the following Stand-By phase, so it doesn't even matter if you draw him off Demise, you can ditch it and get somebody back.

While you control an "Amorphage" monster, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead, except "Amorphage" cards. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, Tribute 1 monster or destroy this card.

Neither player can Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except "Amorphage" monsters.

This locks down a lot of rogue decks alongside BA and Pendulums, and it backed by like Mask of Restrict/Rivalry of the Warlords is the main way you are winning the Monarch match-up.

Kozmo doesn't out this since most people dropped Witches, and BA have trouble with it as well. You can also call/oasis this back in response to things like banish tincan for ship and ba reveals to fuck them up. Yes, you can revel a dragon before you ditch for demise.

Ravine actually compliments CoD, since you can discard excess monsters/dead cards to draw extra cards.

Target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. If a Dragon-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead.

Reborn is good etc, but it also holds value if you have to discard it for Demise/Ravine, similiar to Daimond Core above.

If a monster(s) that isn't from the Graveyard is Special Summoned, and you control a Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster: Negate that monster's effects until the end of this turn. Once per turn: You can send 1 other face-up card you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Great Dragon Token" (Dragon-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). If this card is in your Graveyard: You can send to the Graveyard 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster from your hand or face-up from your side of the field; add this card to your hand.

This card is a conditional l1t, it may be worth looking into. It's other effects have some niche use, like you can ditch a dragon out of hand to add it back then play it to get another card off Demise, kinda like Ravine. You can potentially send dead ravines/floodgates to ss a token. Kinda notable for this card, which may be worth looking into.

Unlike other CoD focused decks, your monsters are actual literal threats and not just lv4 (mostly) vanilla beaters. They're either floodgates or removal in conjunction with revival spells, so you are more reliant on your engine to win than you are your floodgates, since they're integrated. This definitely is a worse version of Demise Kozmo, since it can't really play without Call/Oasis or Demise at any given time, but I think it's way more threatening than like most of the other Demise options. One thing I think this deck suffers from is that nothing in it's engine really beats Monarch, they just don't care. As long as they can tribute summon, you can lose and the only real way to stop that is with traps. But that's true for pretty much every demise deck, right?

I've thought that this is the only good way to run them ever since they were revealed, however even outside if the monarch matchup, they do not have a good way to get rid of a dark destroyer once it's summoned. Maybe there could be value here after the next limited and forbidden list.

• Upvote 1

Sanjura    6663

my only gripe about this is exactly why is this better than playing blue-eyes as they drop at the exact same time?

Edit: nvm

»Draigun    6835
On 6/30/2016 at 4:11 PM, Satchmo said:

*intensifies*

Plus, this is something I'm working on atm. As far as suffering goes, it's moreso nothing in the engine beats Stormforth. It's much faster to implement Dragon Shrine to act as additional copies of Dragon Ravine when you don't hit it or Terraforming. Ruins is very weak in the Monarch matchup, like it'd be the first thing sided out if I were to main it.

The Destroyer drop is annoying however, not impossible. Watching what Tincan sends to grave is important here as you'd have to attack the backrow first to make sure Felgrand banishes its target. As long as you can hit a Strawman/Soartroopers or higher and back it w/ Gospel, Felgrand can get through.

• Upvote 1

»Satchmo    3222
19 hours ago, Sanjura said:

my only gripe about this is exactly why is this better than playing blue-eyes as they drop at the exact same time?

Edit: nvm

yea, once blue-eyes is out, it's 100% better, this is more so "the best demise deck barring chain burn" in my eyes. Like Blue-Eyes stuff is much stronger since you can just open the stones every game and play without needing demise or traps.

dommeld    7

Just a Quick question , if i attach LaDD  as an equip on Palladin of felgrand, do i get his ss effect off when i tribute palladin for its effect?

»Satchmo    3222

Yes you do, but you'd nuke the board of the monster you just summoned off of Felgrand.

dommeld    7

Im not a smart man....

Anyway, thanks for the reply, i just began looking on this today, and i was a bit to eager in finding some niche combo's.

Untill now i think CoD is indeed the way to go, Palladin of felgrand doesn't really have much use imo , it's nice he cant be destroyed when having an equip , but it stil remains a 1700 beater, its ss effect is nice but way to slow to acctually make good use of, and the Tribute it requiers isnt really worth it.

Problems i have encounterd so far: it needs traps , felgrand and abkrave are great , especially when backend up by ruins, but are still easy outed by monarchs, 

Kozmo is doable, but i have a really hard time outing Dark destroyer.

All and all it has some nice combo's, but i find it way to slow against meta, still like it though, will try it on a local nonethless 

No new information too contribute really, and im sorry for that, will be testing it some more , and place an in depth explanation when im fully setteld on an okayish decklist. 

• Upvote 1