Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nish

Kizumonogatari

43 posts in this topic

hopeflly they don't sell out before I get paid at the end of the month

Got mine. Now all that's left is to rewatch the whole thing. 

Run time for this is only an hr. Goddammit Shaft is really fucking milking this but idc. Thank God its subbed and not dubbed or some other stupid shit. 

Part II was infinitely better than Part I. Dat 2001 reference. Dat appealing visual style.

Visually pt 2 is fucking amazing, the use of rain and movement was right out of the Kurosawa playbook. 

On 10/25/2016 at 1:04 AM, HououinKyouma said:

Part II was infinitely better than Part I. Dat 2001 reference. Dat appealing visual style.

Visually pt 2 is fucking amazing, the use of rain and movement was right out of the Kurosawa playbook. 

link plz

If you mean what order should you watch all the shit, release order is fine with potentially the 3 part Kizumonogatari movies series before Bake, but realistically you can watch them whenever they get subbed.

Bakemonogatari->Nisemonogatari->Nekomogatari Kuro->Monogatari Season 2->Hanamonogatari->Tsukimonogatari->Owarimonogatari->Koyomimonogatari

If you mean what can make me want to watch this show and draw me into this universe, well that's obviously entirely based on your "taste." Personally I enjoy the Monogatari series because of the unique visual style, the enjoyable characters, and the fun banter between those characters. After watching everything that has been released so far, I enjoy pretty much every character in the series. If you don't enjoy at least a few of those characters it's probably not worth the time you'd invest into watching everything. Personally I didn't fall in love with the show until the 2nd arc because it took my a long time to warm up to Senjougahara (girl from first arc), and one of my favorite characters is introduced in the 2nd arc (Hachikuji). There is also a lot of dialogue, and therefore a lot of subtitles to read which can sometimes take away from the show visually. Also the show uses fanservice as a crutch quite a bit, and I have a fairly high tolerance for that kind of bullshit, and if that will bother you I definitely wouldn't spend the time to watch it. So if you don't actually enjoy it by the 3rd arc, then it probably isn't worth it to continue.

On 11/11/2016 at 11:14 AM, HououinKyouma said:

If you mean what order should you watch all the shit, release order is fine with potentially the 3 part Kizumonogatari movies series before Bake, but realistically you can watch them whenever they get subbed.

Bakemonogatari->Nisemonogatari->Nekomogatari Kuro->Monogatari Season 2->Hanamonogatari->Tsukimonogatari->Owarimonogatari->Koyomimonogatari

If you mean what can make me want to watch this show and draw me into this universe, well that's obviously entirely based on your "taste." Personally I enjoy the Monogatari series because of the unique visual style, the enjoyable characters, and the fun banter between those characters. After watching everything that has been released so far, I enjoy pretty much every character in the series. If you don't enjoy at least a few of those characters it's probably not worth the time you'd invest into watching everything. Personally I didn't fall in love with the show until the 2nd arc because it took my a long time to warm up to Senjougahara (girl from first arc), and one of my favorite characters is introduced in the 2nd arc (Hachikuji). There is also a lot of dialogue, and therefore a lot of subtitles to read which can sometimes take away from the show visually. Also the show uses fanservice as a crutch quite a bit, and I have a fairly high tolerance for that kind of bullshit, and if that will bother you I definitely wouldn't spend the time to watch it. So if you don't actually enjoy it by the 3rd arc, then it probably isn't worth it to continue.

fucking hell.. so im very very far behind. are the previous series worth it? This feels like a huge investment. 

It's very wordy, most of the anime is spent discussing the paranormal mysteries and how to solve them. But if you're k with a lot of dialogue, then it is definitely worth the trouble.

13 hours ago, Aaron said:

fucking hell.. so im very very far behind. are the previous series worth it? This feels like a huge investment. 

Bakemonogatari->Nisemonogatari-->Monogatari S2 are suppppeerrrrrrrrr worth it, there are some better and worse series but the best is pretty great.  Recent stuff isn't the absolute best though.   tbh I would understand if you don't like it.  It's very much a love it or hate it thing, and what you get in the first 2-3 episodes of the series is pretty much how it keeps on going, and going, and going, to either your extreme joy or extreme displeasure.  

pt 3 was a gud end to this way overdrawn movie series imo

Honestly the entire anime has stretched on too long and it's really fallen flat ever since S2 ended, when everything up to S2 end is god tier.  Since then it's been patchy to terrible, I'd rather it just ties itself up and finishes instead of spinning it into more and more DVDs. I blame the source material more than shaft though, later volumes of the LNs aren't as good as the start. 

how will shaft get weeb bux w.o monogatari tho????

On 11/05/2017 at 7:00 AM, HououinKyouma said:

how will shaft get weeb bux w.o monogatari tho????

Easy, they're making Fate Grand Order.  The Shaft printing press rolls on.