rei

Mass shooting at Oregon community college

MAAD    101

As the most politically radical person on DGz, I agree with you 100% that socioeconomics is distantly related to tragic shit like this, but the word you're looking for is "reactionary", not "radical".

No, I'm looking for radicalization. When government officials talk about this sort of behavior, they call it radicalization. (Or at least in the context with allying with terrorist extremists.)

According to witnesses he was singling out christians during the shooting, so I don't know how anyone can claim that isn't radical.

slickz    4322

As the most politically radical person on DGz, I agree with you 100% that socioeconomics is distantly related to tragic shit like this, but the word you're looking for is "reactionary", not "radical".

No, I'm looking for radicalization. When government officials talk about this sort of behavior, they call it radicalization. (Or at least in the context with allying with terrorist extremists.)
According to witnesses he was singling out christians during the shooting, so I don't know how anyone can claim that isn't radical.

It was reported later that he wasn't. He asked everybody what their religion was and shot them eiher way

Chris Buraseru    10480

If you aren't trolling, shut the fuck up please we're over here discussing real world issues right now. If you are, not only is this not the time or place but you aren't funny.

Either way shut the fuck up.

I have a much better understanding of how the universe works than you. You are clueless.

who is this faggot

• Upvote 2

»Satchmo    3224

If you aren't trolling, shut the fuck up please we're over here discussing real world issues right now. If you are, not only is this not the time or place but you aren't funny.

I have a much better understanding of how the universe works than you. You are clueless.

Here, drink this

[spoiler]bleach_s2.jpg[/spoiler]

• Upvote 1

website is bad    2173

oh thank god. someone who understands the universe. i have some thoughts that ive been struggling with and i hope you can help because you understand the universe.

Dangerous.

Space is dangerous.

It's really dangerous.

Really dangerous.

Space is dangerous.
First of all, it's big.

It's beyond big.
It's like super big.
You can't use big here like you're saying,
"About as big as 20 Tokyo Domes?"

This is way beyond that level.
After all, it's infinite.
Whoa! And you can't measure it in units.
This is beyond tatami mats or hectares.
It's infinite and it's super big.
And supposedly, it's expanding.
That's dangerous.
It's expanding.

Since normal stuff like the Earth doesn't expand.
It'd be a problem if your floor started growing.
That'd make the trip to the bathroom longer.
If the road to school grew longer,
and a ten minute walk during my first year
turned into a two hour bike ride during my third year,
I'd want to cry.
That's why Earth doesn't expand.
It's willing to be reasonable.
But space is dangerous.
It doesn't give a damn about us.
It expands like crazy.
So much that we can't even measure the distance
traveled by light from the farthest reaches.
Way too dangerous.

I said it was infinite, but maybe it has limits.
But if it has limits,
"Then what's outside space?"
And nobody knows the answer. Dangerous.
Nobody knows that answer. That's incredible.
And it's super cold. Around 1 kelvin.
That would be -272c.
Dangerous. Way too cold.
You'll die faster than you can drive a nail through a banana. Scary.
And there's absolutely nothing at all.
Super empty. And super relaxed.
It talks about hundreds of millions of years like it's nothing.
Not even grade school students bring up hundreds of millions of years these day.
In any case, space has mad horsepower. Since it can handle infinity.
Our limited understanding of infinity comes through complex calculations involving integers.
Or by solving for f or through a calculator.
No sweat for space.
Infinity is infinity.
Incredible. Dangerous.
Anyway freaks, you need to realize how dangerous space is.
Stuff like Hubble that's gone out into space is amazing.
Keep

Etc.

• Upvote 3

SSJ Grumpig    5621

but I would argue that those people with the desire to kill still have something wrong with their brain that causes them to murder. "Normal" people wouldn't commit murder

i dont know about you mister but both my eyes face forward

• Upvote 1

Meanwhile here in Ireland not even our police force('Gardai') are armed with guns on duty ...
We may have had no school shootings in our history(from what I recall/searched) but only this week was a poor father of 3 guard shot dead walking to the door of a domestic disturbance, only for the scumbag killer to then shoot the mother of his child and then himself in the head.. Causing hushed calls for our guards to be armed again. Such examples plus the ongoing problem rurally where a group of thugs enter an old defense less persons home to beat and rob them of all they own. Some people were held for days made withdraw their maximum allowance from Cash machines each day which shows the total imprisonment they are in.
These occurrences which leaves the criminal in total control and to quote above article "only law abiding citizens " + Guards even here left unarmed defence less, makes me wonder if no guns no school shootings ireland is in better shape socially to ye gun crazed "shoot up all yo kids" Donald trump voting(srsly wdf??) yanks :P cause I'm not so sure..

Guns / no guns either way isn't perfect & people still find way to be disgusting and murder each other regardless .
Only change this guns drama will Likely do is put a women in the white house so god bless us all stay safe Merica!
  • Downvote 5

Chris Buraseru    10480

Only change this guns drama will Likely do is put a women in the white house so god bless us all stay safe Merica!

idk if you're referencing Clinton or just any woman in the future. Cause I'd say Hillary has like, no chance.

Soul    7941

I actually think it's extremely likely Hillary will win the presidency in 2016. It's a shame obviously. I, like most liberal American's want Sanders to win, but honestly the powers that be will not allow that to happen. After all, we live in a representative republic, not a real democracy, as a lot of people seem to forget. Reptillary will most likely secure democratic candidacy and easily win against whoever the opposition is. The only Republican who even stands a modicum of chance in this race is Trump, and let's face it, he definitely isn't winning. 

Nonetheless, this will be my first time voting. Never felt the need to before due to the fact that I think the entire process is bullshit. However Sanders has actually made me want to go out and vote. He's honestly the only one who's tapped into where the next generation wants to see their country go. He's easily the most progressive candidate in the race. 

• Upvote 2

SSJ Grumpig    5621

even if everyone sucks write in your own candidate and vote. if you are eligible to vote and you don't (barring extenuating circumstances) you are cancer

it's always hard to tell with the primaries but i'd bet bernie will be a lot closer to clinton than you are thinking

• Upvote 1

Silver`    13

1. Blaming guns for murder is like Rosie O'Donnell blaming her fork for being fat.

2. An uneducated voter, which is the vast majority of Americans, is a much bigger cancer than an apathetic one.

• Downvote 9

Lamp    1424

1. Blaming guns for murder is like Rosie O'Donnell blaming her fork for being fat.

2. An uneducated voter, which is the vast majority of Americans, is a much bigger cancer than an apathetic one.

Thank you for your succint, bullet-point post. Exactly the quality post we're looking for to enrich this thread.

• Upvote 3

The_Be(a)sT    967

1. Nobody is blaming guns for murder. You've just made that bullshit up.
Gun is a weapon. It's always men who are killing. But it's much easier to kill with gun than it is without it.

2. Congratulation on finding out the downside of democracy.
  • Upvote 1

website is bad    2173

even if everyone sucks write in your own candidate and vote. if you are eligible to vote and you don't (barring extenuating circumstances) you are cancer

it's always hard to tell with the primaries but i'd bet bernie will be a lot closer to clinton than you are thinking

Did you know multiple states including Arizona (where I live) throw out your entire ballot if you write in a candidate anywhere on the ballot? Remember that the system in America is specifically designed to de-emphasize individual choice, because in the late 18th century dudes earnestly thought and feared we'd elect a pigfucker president. If you decide to go through the process, that's fine, but don't pretend it's much more than personal expression.

»Noelle    5849

A family that lives across the street from you offers you supper or hospitality whenever you may need it. One day, a member of the family is tried for antisocial behavior, or what have you, and the course of the trial bears opening for character witnesses. You decide not to protect them.

That's essentially how I look at people not voting, I think the least you can do to pay it forward non-monetarily (as in, not in taxes,) is to vote. If you can't vote for Deez Nutz or whoever, simply pick the "least worst." I wouldn't hold not voting against anyone necessarily, but I do consider it, at the very least, politically impolite.

• Upvote 1

Wilson    12516

Did you know multiple states including Arizona (where I live) throw out your entire ballot if you write in a candidate anywhere on the ballot? Remember that the system in America is specifically designed to de-emphasize individual choice, because in the late 18th century dudes earnestly thought and feared we'd elect a pigfucker president. If you decide to go through the process, that's fine, but don't pretend it's much more than personal expression.

someone should have told the UK about this system.

• Upvote 5

+rei+    34998

Lel top kek

Silver`    13

Gun is a weapon. It's always men who are killing. But it's much easier to kill with gun than it is without it.

"Wonder how many more people have to die before we give up guns in this country."

"There are of course many factors, but suggesting that guns aren't a problem is also misguided."

"Has everyone who is arguing on the side of "guns don't kill people, people do" not read the article I linked about a Stanford study? Here's the tld;dr: higher rates gun ownership correlates to higher rates of violent crime, not specifically shootings. It isn't just a "mass shootings" article. Guns are having adverse effects outside of mass shootings."

"this has become quite common in the US. i wonder how long till your government realizes guns are bad"

"guns have nothing to do with shootings!  warblgarbl"

If guns are the problem, why is it that cities such as DC and Chicago have seen significant decreases in their crime after and their gun bans were overruled? How come Switzerland had just one mass shooting in the past decade despite very gun ownership?

Btw, guess what schools are? GUN FREE ZONES.

Plus, at the end of the day, statistics aside, gun ownership is part of the Bill of Rights. Now i know most people will be like "well, that's open for interpretation cuz of the militia part....blah blah blah", but it states very clearly that the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

• Downvote 8

+scuzzlebutt    23563
lol what do you think chicago is like rn jus curious?
  • Upvote 2

SSJ Grumpig    5621

If guns are the problem, why is it that cities such as DC and Chicago have seen significant decreases in their crime after and their gun bans were overruled? How come Switzerland had just one mass shooting in the past decade despite very gun ownership?

Btw, guess what schools are? GUN FREE ZONES.

Plus, at the end of the day, statistics aside, gun ownership is part of the Bill of Rights. Now i know most people will be like "well, that's open for interpretation cuz of the militia part....blah blah blah", but it states very clearly that the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

don't use switzerland's laws to justify US laws, all you will do is make people from both countries pissed at your ignorance. educate yourself on their gun laws before you start throwing idiot comments around

whether or not the second amendment is open for interpretation is irrelevant - it was written almost 250 years ago in a vastly different world. when is the last time you had to deal with a foreign nation occupying your city and telling you what to do? besides, the founding fathers had no way of knowing what would happen with guns - at the time, they were single shot and barely accurate up to 50 yards. also, did you know that even in colonial times, the states kept records of who owned guns, and you could be fined and occasionally arrested for not reporting to a local militia muster for training? oh, and if you owned weapons the state government could walk into your home and inspect them pretty much whenever they wanted. when is the last time you had to deal with that?

get your facts straight, mister "waaaaah americans are uneducated voters"

• Upvote 6

Soul    7941

lol he really threw chicago in there to try and help his point. jesus christ. do you even live in america?

• Upvote 1

Wilson    12516

the majority of that ownership is army issued guns, and people  aren't allowed to have the ammunition for them in their homes

also it is illegal to carry guns in public in most cases

and I know there are mental health checks before you are given a licence, I don't know how stringent these are but knowing Switzerland I assume very

• Upvote 2

Wilson    12516

switzerland is awesome by the way, y'all should live here, I hardly ever get shot

• Upvote 4

Soul    7941

in addition to the other points

4f8f1c12ffec50da9c17efa9076973a1.png

we are 23rd in this list.

Where did you get this list from? im actually puerto rican by nationality and my parents have told me its pretty shitty out there and only getting worse atm. sure, no mass shootings, but they are still pretty poor out there.