Digbick

YCS San Jose Nov 7th

Digbick    7271

928 players 10 rounds

ty kyle kemper/patraic 

Its norcal,

Obligatory 1000> people in a SoCal YCS this game is dead

majority of socal duelists are actually jobless bum and can't afford to go on a 6hr+ trip
  • Upvote 7

dopespot    34

majority of socal duelists are actually jobless bum and can't afford to go on a 6hr+ trip

Economy's hard on a pimp.

• Upvote 1

chris5462    65

928 players 10 rounds

ty kyle kemper/patraic 

Its norcal,

ONLY 5-6 hrs and people wont drive for a ycs...Jesus..people are really lazy. If we had a YCS In Australia 6 hrs away. 99% of us would go.

• Upvote 3

Chaos_Blaze    77

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/?p=21948

Not sure if I'm seeing the last screenshot right, but are there 6 monsters on the field?

I mean the game was over regardless, but if that happened how do you not catch that.

EDIT: Read the feature incorrectly and didn't notice that that was the Graveyard. My mistake.

Elegies    0

The Luster was probably in the Pendulum Scale and he put one scale on each side of the mat.

EDIT: Yeah, it seems like it's the grave but you can see a Pendulum Scale to the right of the Paladin. Pretty weird place to put the graveyard.

tichris93    667

Really good feature matches this time around.

Robby knows what the people want

brighteyes    2150

Props to the feature matches this time around.

Lucky7Rario    3

"Ramirez played Archfiend Eccentrick to his Pendulum Zone and tried to destroy Emergency Teleport. Murakami Chained it to Special Summon Farmgirl. Ramirez played Bunbuku, searching out Nekomata, and put Nekomata and Yata in the Pendulum Zone. Murakami flipped Typhoon to destroy Yata. He used Farmgirl to Special Summon Dark Destroyer in the End Phase. Its effect targeted Bunbuku, and Ramirez Tributed Bunbuku for Majespecter Cyclone. It took out Dark Destroyer, and that Special Summoned a Forerunner."

Congrats Judge.

• Upvote 1

ACP    33419

928 players 10 rounds

ty kyle kemper/patraic 

Ok, I know this is a typical ACP post, but I'm going to make it anyways. The last ygo event I played in was YCS San Diego, 2 and a half years ago. That event was the only sealed YCS ever held in North America. About 1500 people showed up. I remember everyone at the event and other people online saying the fact that only 1500 people showed up to a SoCal YCS proved that Yugioh players hated sealed and how Konami was retarded. Everyone thought that had the event been constructed, some 3000 players would've showed up instead. I mostly agreed with them (I loved sealed, but still recognized that for whatever reason, the community overwhelmingly despised it).

And here we are 2 and a half years later, and now constructed SoCal YCSs are getting less than 1000 people? Honestly, I'm a pretty pessimistic individual, and even I'm shocked by the low turnout. Wasn't there a time not that long ago when SoCal regionals were practically getting these numbers? This could easily be a fluke, but YCSs do not seem to be getting the attendance that they used to. I remember when a 1600-person NA YCS was considered average. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the average today is a lot lower, yes? Do most YCSs even hit 4 digits anymore? I will say that the people of TO these events have told me that Konami would rather have a 1000-person YCS than a 3000-person YCS (due to diseconomies of scale when attendance is extremely massive), and of course we all know that Konami doesn't intend for these to be ultra-competitive events that people travel from across the country to attend. I will also say that the first SJC that I attended after Konami took over the game was SJC Orlando 2009. It had about 650 people and it was considered large for its time. So things have been worse. However, I would hope that these current numbers would be disappointing for Konami, even by their minimal standards.

Edit: Ok, so I guess San Jose is in NorCal but the point still stands

i heard some judge ruled that if you use strawman's lp eff to bring back a ship, then chain his other eff to tag into a bigger kozmo, the ship brought back by the first eff doesn't have its eff negated nor is it destroyed at ep. Can anyone confirm this was the ruling?

Twitter    2057

928 players 10 rounds

ty kyle kemper/patraic 

Ok, I know this is a typical ACP post, but I'm going to make it anyways. The last ygo event I played in was YCS San Diego, 2 and a half years ago. That event was the only sealed YCS ever held in North America. About 1500 people showed up. I remember everyone at the event and other people online saying the fact that only 1500 people showed up to a SoCal YCS proved that Yugioh players hated sealed and how Konami was retarded. Everyone thought that had the event been constructed, some 3000 players would've showed up instead. I mostly agreed with them (I loved sealed, but still recognized that for whatever reason, the community overwhelmingly despised it).

And here we are 2 and a half years later, and now constructed SoCal YCSs are getting less than 1000 people? Honestly, I'm a pretty pessimistic individual, and even I'm shocked by the low turnout. Wasn't there a time not that long ago when SoCal regionals were practically getting these numbers? This could easily be a fluke, but YCSs do not seem to be getting the attendance that they used to. I remember when a 1600-person NA YCS was considered average. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the average today is a lot lower, yes? Do most YCSs even hit 4 digits anymore? I will say that the people of TO these events have told me that Konami would rather have a 1000-person YCS than a 3000-person YCS (due to diseconomies of scale when attendance is extremely massive), and of course we all know that Konami doesn't intend for these to be ultra-competitive events that people travel from across the country to attend. I will also say that the first SJC that I attended after Konami took over the game was SJC Orlando 2009. It had about 650 people and it was considered large for its time. So things have been worse. However, I would hope that these current numbers would be disappointing for Konami, even by their minimal standards.

It's a bit different. San Jose / Norcal area doesn't have anywhere near the numbers SoCal does. Our last 2 regionals were 1000+. But 2014 attendance was at an all time low. YCS Anaheim only had 800 and it was SoCal (orange county). I would say attendance is concentrated in Los Angeles county mostly but last year our regionals were only hitting 500-800 (as opposed to our 1000+ this year). So California is just really inconsistent with attendance.

Ostaph    73

Attendance is largely influenced by the date. Last WE of old format. Was at a regional this WE and attendance there was way lower than usually is for this event, too. Many guys I know told me they had no intend of playing in the format anymore or sold their decks and didn't have anything new completed.

ACP    33419
Attendance for YCSs seems to be down all over the country though, no? Konami Organized Play seems to have had a lot of failures lately. Yugioh Extravaganzas basically get 0 people now. OTS championships were not very successful. UDS turnout was disappointing. YCS attendance is down. I know in Florida that regional attendance is down a bit from 2 years ago. It just seems like they can't do anything right at the moment.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nash    256

For this particular YCS I blame it on timing. Just before the new list, people being fed up with the format etc.

• Upvote 2

+Silver    1012

928 players 10 rounds

ty kyle kemper/patraic 

It's a bit different. San Jose / Norcal area doesn't have anywhere near the numbers SoCal does. Our last 2 regionals were 1000+. But 2014 attendance was at an all time low. YCS Anaheim only had 800 and it was SoCal (orange county). I would say attendance is concentrated in Los Angeles county mostly but last year our regionals were only hitting 500-800 (as opposed to our 1000+ this year). So California is just really inconsistent with attendance.

For sure the 500 person regional for LA was at the end of 2014, it was like christmas weekend (december 20th), so I am pretty sure alot of people were either with family at that point. I know I wasnt there because I had better stuff to do

Konami in general dont analyze dates or how the banlist affects stuff. This is like basic business strategic practices. 

I dont even understand why Konami didnt just announce the banlist on monday instead of a week ago before a YCS. It was almost as bad as having a new list for the YCS lol

Konami can have the playerbase to do whatever they please but they actually tend to fuck that up too.

• Upvote 2

theamatuer    89

i heard some judge ruled that if you use strawman's lp eff to bring back a ship, then chain his other eff to tag into a bigger kozmo, the ship brought back by the first eff doesn't have its eff negated nor is it destroyed at ep. Can anyone confirm this was the ruling?

Asked the head judge and he said that the summoned monster would be destroyed
  • Upvote 1

mark    3105

Has there ever been a player with more tops in a row than Omar? this is insane