dexer008    805

The gist of the archtype is there are 4 monsters, 1 being a lv5 tuner who you can summon from hand or grave and set-ups lv8 synchro plays by himself, while the rest of the monsters are small lv3 monsters who have implemented snatch-steal effects on them when sent to the grave via battle or being destroyed by certain destruction effects. It is quite easy to remember which mon needs what to get its effect (snake=purple= traps, alligator=green=spells, eagle=gold=effects). The other relevant card is their spell card greydle impact, which when played you can either destroy 1 greydle card to destroy 1 opponent's card, or if you didn't use the first effect then can search 1 greydle card from your deck and add it to your hand during the end phase (including copies of iteself). Anyways more to the deck;

Monsters: 11
3 Greydle Eagle
3 Greydle Cobra
3 Greydle Aligator
2 Greydle Slime

Spells: 10
3 Magic Planter
3 Greydle Impact

2 Pot of Duality

1 Supply Squad

1 Raigeki

Traps: 19

3 Graydle Parasite

3 Graydle Split

3 Fiendish Chain
2 Storming Mirror Force
2 Oasis of Dragon Souls

2 Lose 1 turn
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Warning
1 Vanity's Emptiness

1 Skill Drain

Extra: 15

2 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 N47: Nightmare Shark
1 Wind-up Zenmaines
1 N30: Acid Golem of Destruction
2 Greydle Dragon
1 Red Dragon Archfiend Scar-right
2 PSYFrame Lord Omega
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend
1 Crimson Blader
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Spark Dragon
1 Star Eater

Side: 15

3 Wavering Eyes
2 MST/ Dust Tornado
2 Proto-cyber dragon
2 Vanity Fiend
3 Debunk
3 Imperial Iron Wall

Card choices Re-do;

Alright, so this is the updated build, mainly theoy-oh though because I actually do not have a means to test AT ALL right now. With the old build and drawing test hands I noticed several problems with the deck already;

- Running low monster count meant couldn't find monsters in time, so need to find a way to get monsters to hand or to the field

- Ironically, too many monsters in hand leads to poor openings, as the graydle monsters are all normal summons, and slime needs set up to summon

- Compared to Pendulum decks, the deck itself is slow, so it needs to slow down the opponent in order to compete. 

So in order to counter these problems, I skimmed down the monsters to the bare graydle engine itself. Using any other monsters either wastes more normal summons or fits weirdly into the deck. For example, I was using mother grizzly before, but that uped the normal summon count to above 10, a number obviously too high for decks trying to compete in today's game. Even using the 9 grayldes is already pushing it. The other example I was thinking of testing if I can, is running cyber dragon. Cyber dragon itself has interactions with the kozmo match-up this upcoming format, and being lv5 to use with slime could have meant being able to use a rank 5 or lv10 synchro in the extra deck, however that situation felt niche, and besides that, cyber wouldn't have any other function then to be a big beater that could be sent with graydle split. 

Speaking of, I have decided to run 3 of every graydle card not named slime. Mentioned in the thread earlier, split is actually a big part of this deck's capabilities and win condition, summoning graydles from the deck and forming your synchros. Parasite is also ran in 3 to summon the graydles from the deck and not have to draw them and summon them with the normal summon. With every graydle card ran in 3's, this also increases the chances of using slime's effect to summon himself. With the rest of the traps, they are included to try and solve the problem of being too slow. Running 4 floodgates in 2 lose 1 turn, vanity, and skill drain, as well as now running fiendish chain to block more attacks alongside storming mirror force, in theory will slow the opponent down enough so that I can draw my monsters and steal my opponents. With Oasis, I'm running it over surface for now due to several reasons. The first is being a trap, it interacts with cobra. The second is like surface, it brings out my monsters in defense, protecting me from losing more life points. And the final reason to me using is because of its ability to summon other types of monsters which are not lv3 or aqua type. Oasis into slime or a fallen synchro for example is what came to my mind. 

To the spell line-up, I had to cut a lot of cards in order to fit my traps in, so this is the section I feel that might be good or bad, depending how it plays. With so many continuous traps now, 3 magic planter seems ideal, and helps get rid of dead floating cards or turn off my floodgates if I want to do a graydle slime play. 2 duality was also included as a way to access monsters in my starting hand if none, and to also add traps to the hand or whatever I needed. Finally I decided to still run 1 supply squad, as the card can net me a good amount of advantage when crashing my monsters. 

For the extra deck, changes made from the last list include adding 2 chimeratech because there is space for space in the side deck and to use against kozmo/ geargia if it emerges in the new format, replacing fortune tune with Acid golem to be used in conjuction with skill drain, and also bumping Psyframe Lord Omega to 2. Omega is probably one of my go to synchro's and can play around the lose 1 turn and skill drain I have in the deck, which makes versatile. I was thinking of also upping Thought Ruler Archfiend to 2 for the majespecter match up, arguably one of the worst match ups for this deck, because if you managed to get one to stick the field then most of their themed spells and traps can not be used against him bar tempest. 

And to round things off with the side deck, Wavering eyes was boosted to 3 because it is crucial for the majespecter match-up and the upcoming magician pendulum coming out, and also useful against igknights. I also run 2 mst alongside it to further attack the scale, and to also bring in more s/t hate against backrow decks like satellarknights, or perhaps traptrixs when BOSH arrives, or if geargia makes a return. Also useful in the mirror. Oh, I listed 2 dust tornado next it because right now I'm thinking of trying it due to a interaction I read online with graydle impact. That is, end phase impact adds graydle split to hand, their turn you dust tornado and use second effect to set split on their turn, essentially cutting a turn or 2 in speeding up a synchro summon. It sounds good but I'm not sure if it's viable enough to run in the main or if dust is too slow, but reading that I found interesting. Moving on, core for chimeratech, using Vanity fiend to combat anyone still trying to use shaddoll or BA, or Nekroz I suppose, in conjunction with the 3 debunk which I think will be one of the better side deck cards this format, due to being effect against the aforementioned, as well as psyframes and the mirror match. To round things off, 3 imperial iron wall for infernoids, kozmo, psyframe? etc. 

And that's the deck, thanks for listening. Hope to work on it more and get some insight from others testing cheers. 

┬╗Satchmo    3223

I think Surface is better than salvage because putting 2 greydles in hand that you then need to normal summon is worse than summoning one and leaving your ns free for other cards

I also think Greydle splitt is just too good not to use since it puts accelerates your synchro capacity and puts an actual threat on to the field without needing to crash a monster into your opponent

dexer008    805

I remember testing surface when I started out, I don't remember why I took it out, so I can test it out again. Skill Drain I honestly forgot about, so will try that out, and for split I think I could fit in 1 more. 

So, with that being said, I think I'll try this;

-1 mother grizzly

-1 mst 

+2 surface

and for the other 2 traps, I'm not sure, perhaps the call of the haunteds.

xXGGnoReXx    239

Couldn't Planter be justified in the deck? Between Skill Drain, 2/3 Call of the Haunted, and 2 of the Graydle Continous that gives us 5/6 targets for it. Another card to consider is Bubble Bringer as a 1-of. While it requires you to have 2 of the same named Graydle, that shouldn't be too hard to arrange as the game develops. Going to test a couple of things, deck seems like it has some potential, even if it's only some.

Kahu    2419
Greydles+Kaijuu. Eat the bosses that can actually deal with Greydles, steal your monsters back, get like 3 counters off each Greydle since they come back from the grave to steal your opponent's monsters and kill the stolen shits when killed, thus charging 3 counters onto your Kaiju field.

dexer008    805

Greydles+Kaijuu. Eat the bosses that can actually deal with Greydles, steal your monsters back, get like 3 counters off each Greydle since they come back from the grave to steal your opponent's monsters and kill the stolen shits when killed, thus charging 3 counters onto your Kaiju field.

That actually sounds decent. Is there some build I don't know about? Also gives the deck more out to towers I believe? 

ensane    163

You basically just add in 5 or 6 kaiju and the field, that's all. Very effective tho.

Shouldn't be any reason to not run 3 split tbh. It unbricks you, and you do realize you don't have to destroy a greydle to get greydles, right? It's just better when you have the snake.

dexer008    805

I realize that, but the fact that it must be paired with a monster in the first place makes me not to run 3 due to that fact alone. I see it as an equip card with a good effect but must be set for a turn which makes it slow to begin with, and either means I have to wait till next turn to summon a mon to use it's effect effectively, or hope that they don't topple my weak monster who only gets a meager 500 atk boost. Not sure what other monsters you would run as well in this deck, kaiju being mentioned means though that they need to commit cards to the field for you to summon them from your hand, as well as steal them back with eagle, alligator or snake in order to combine them with split. Mother grizzly I did mention could work out perhaps, as split makes it 1900 atk and is another outlet to find greydles by just atking into enemy monsters or setting and hope it gets run over in battle. 

Edit; there is also effect veiler I suppose for the build I'm running. 

dexer008    805

Bumping this thread back up, I revamped the deck for the new tcg format and added explanations, I was thinking if this could be moved out of OCG into TCG now as well if a mod felt like doing it. 

ensane    163

I feel like 3 Fiendish Chain is just not a good call this format.

dexer008    805

I feel like 3 Fiendish Chain is just not a good call this format.

I saw someone else say this too and now i'm pretty much going to change it now lol. Thinking just replacing with upstart goblin. Then again I could use other things as well.