Satchmo

Duelistgroundz Podcast/Stream/Something

»Logic    2038
What if you make a series on card theory in general? Expand into other games as well but make it generic enough at times that people not playing a specific game seriously would still appreciate it.
  • Upvote 1

»Satchmo    3224

January 6th(ish), IDK what time it depends on our New Zealand buddy. I still need to write an article for the org for this.

Muntz    52

I think my new years plan fell through so I'm free from like the 2nd.

knives1990    262
As a player bordering on the fence of causal and semi competitive, I think I could offer some thoughts.

1. Trends. I honestly don't see much talk about what techs or strategies are beginning to show potential. I don't really scour for decklists, though I would say decklists is going to be one of the bigger draws. I will say that the only time I check decklists, is when they are randomly posted on this site.

2. New cards/card of the day. I agree that a card of the day is dumb, but you guys should showcase like the new shit that's going to be auto relevant. I saw that you were thinking about doing this every couple weeks. What would be great is dedicating like maybe 10 minutes to discussing the obviously good stuff in the upcoming set. Let's say you do the podcast and BOSH comes out in the in between period from that cast and another. Your next podcast should include overlooked cards from the pack that were not initially considered super relevant. Discussing cards that are on the horizon for release, but not too far in the distance would be a good idea, because people in the same position as I am don't tend to care about a future format. Rather they would be interested in new stuff that will be playable for the format they are playing in. Sorry if some of what I was trying to say got lost in the convoluted mess.

3. Talent Allocation. It's been said before, but sometimes when Matt Monohan posts, the details get kind of lost on me because so much is being explained. I thoroughly enjoy Matt's theory discussions, but it comes to a point where I just can't read any more. I think Matt would be a great person to be doing live content. Likewise, other people's talents should be explored and certain things should be delegated to specific people.

4. ROGUE. This is an unlimited content resource really. The only decisions that needs to be made is how much time is going to be allocated to rogue strategies. Some would say none, which is a mistake imo. Not only is it important to talk about these decks to reach the players who don't play $500 decks, it's also important to realize how much rogue decks make up the numbers of any given event. You kill two birds with one stone; discuss these decks in general or more specific to appeal to those who are looking to improve their rogue strategies, while also discussing the best ways to beat these decks. Whatever the decision becomes, I think it would be a mistake to just gloss this point over.

These are a few things that I think would allow this channel to reach the highest possible audience, and make a real difference. But you need the right people doing the right things (a competitive player who goes to all the events doing theory and metanalysis, someone who mainly plays OCG to be discussing the newer cards and the potential impacts. {People who I've observed doing this is afr, NB96, and Squiddy} And you also need someone without bias to do rogue type of stuff.)
  • Upvote 2

»Satchmo    3224

I just realized this doesn't have a name yet and it starts next week. So in order to be easier to advertise to a broader audience, I'm taking name suggestions, because "Duelistgroundz Podcast Stream" is kinda uninteresting.

»Satchmo    3224

Potentially naming it after a Brady Bunch team, assuming Brady's ok with that. Another "famous" DG team is another option

EDIT: Theory In Practice, excellent

• Upvote 1

Muntz    52

Tomorrow at 9.00pm EST.

Twitch.tv/Duelist_groundz

»Satchmo    3224

Tomorrow at 9.00pm EST.

Twitch.tv/Duelist_groundz

err, Friday 9pm EST (so Saturday for you, mb)

»Satchmo    3224

There's an org article but their site is down currently so the rssbot probably hasn't posted it

»Satchmo    3224

10 minutes give or take

twitch.tv/duelist_groundz

Nate1080    1240
When are you guys gonna be ready? Still says you're offline on my end.

»Satchmo    3224

There's an issue with my laptop/obs and no one else knows how to stream I guess so we'll sitting he talking shit in this skype call until Mason gets it fixed

Digbick    7270

i can host the stream if u like, ill just afk in the skype call while yall naga discuss

»Satchmo    3224
I got it now, thanks to Paraliel

»Satchmo    3224

is it pausing on/off for anyone

It was doing that all day, it's my strugglenet

Careyious    21

Okay, I liked the content, but my issues are purely with the content:

Firstly, I'm not sure who's breathing that was, but they should be keeping their face a bit further. A pop filter can help remind you if you're getting too close. I found this video very, very useful in the audio production of some of the videos I used to make. Obviously you can't really do post on a live-stream, but having one person controlling levels/volume/etc is good. I'm not sure who's who, but someone also had some really bad audio-quality consistently, and may want to buy/borrow a slightly better mic if this becomes a regular thing

herbie ✌    1340

Yeah I would of watched/listened if the quality wasn't so bad.
Attempted to listen for about 10 seconds and just left.

+Sophocles    3315

Yeah I would of watched/listened if the quality wasn't so bad.
Attempted to listen for about 10 seconds and just left.

The first ~40 secs or so are pretty bad because i think ppl werent aware if it was still streaming due to the tech issues + someone was eating or chewing something, either way a big nono
After that there's still a low quality mic but it's ok to listen to.

ACP    33418

I noticed that this is idea is now dead, but I have decided that I will be doing a twitch stream today, only because I've been getting some many questions from people about Yugioh theory over the last month or so (both from DGZ people and offsite).

The twitch stream will be in the style of a seminar (a presentation in which the audience may ask questions). The title of the seminar is "Modern Yugioh Theory: Classification of Hand Strength." Depending on how well it is received I may do more of these in the future and try to get DGZ people involved in the content.

The seminar will be held at 2 PM EST (4 hours from the time of this post) at http://www.twitch.tv/acpennington

+Sophocles    3315

Idk anything about twitch streaming but if I understand correctly you need to enable vods in your twitch settings (disabled by default) so if you could do that that'd be great. Can't watch it live today