HououinKyouma

2016 MLB Thread

HououinKyouma    802

So Eppler's first move is trade the only blue chip prospect we've had for years? Not liking it one bit, hope the trade isn't what's being reported right now.

»Barron    7987

really upset we couldn't keep greinke in LA, going to the dbacks is just..ugh. idk i didn't really want mccarthy signed as idk how he'll be as he hasn't been as good as he was even a few years ago. it was just a "maybe he'll continue what he did in the 2nd half when he was on the yankees". I really would hate to sign anyone but Gallardo and Jeff.

HououinKyouma    802

Yea the Dbacks came out of nowhere to strike a blow to 2 rival teams as well as make their team way more intriguing. Could they be a #2 away from being a factor in the NL West race next year, who knows, but having only 1 for sure "rebuilding" club in the division makes for some entertaining baseball.

Angeles    213
Dodgers acquired Aroldis Chapman for 2 prospects. He's going to close and Jansen is going to set up. They both had over a 13.5 K/9 last year which is ridiculous. They are also currently in talks for Jose Fernandez. A 5 player deal. I REALLY hope Urias, Pederson and Seager are staying put.

kidrock    233

No more Chapman to Dodgers anymore.

Cubs top 3 starting pitchers look nice. Need more help in the bullpen though.

Angeles    213

Trevor Story is ridiculous. My god.

I mean I want to say Coor's field is playing a part in it, but jesus 
m
I'd have said that too but the first 3 games were in Arizona lol.

+rei+    34503

Well, that was borderline treasonous and a disgrace to our nation and its proud and storied history.

Matt Bishop    2377

Chris Sale getting moved in the off-season?  

Matt Bishop    2377

Not desperate, and that is part of why I don't see them moving him until the off-season, but between yesterday's incident and the Adam LaRoche thing from the beginning of the year, They are probably going to make a move...

»Barron    7987
On 7/24/2016 at 8:23 PM, Matt Bishop said:

Not desperate, and that is part of why I don't see them moving him until the off-season, but between yesterday's incident and the Adam LaRoche thing from the beginning of the year, They are probably going to make a move...

Sale said he hated the jersey bc it's uncomfortable for him, didn't feel he'll bring his A game. He also wanted the manager to step up for his players too so maybe that'll be something to check out in the off-season. As for potential destination from what I heard is Texas Rangers, LA Dodgers and possibly Miami. Now CWS will be wanting a lot in return if so but if it was a deadline trade Rangers would have to fork up probs Profar, another INF or OF and a SP which Rangers can deal with as Astros are creeping back up with being super red hot right now. LAD would have to possibly fork up Julio Urias, 19yr Mexican prospect which has already been pitching in the MLB and is doing pretty good right now [shaking debut but he slowly worked on his stuff] along with I'd say hitter like Verdugo and maybe someone in the Class A/AA. Miami needs another SP and having Sale would be a good addition as they're gaining games on Nats. They have a pretty good hitters line up and putting in Sale with Jose Fernandez and Adam Conley they'd be a tough team to beat. With the Dodgers, Kershaw might be out for the season with back surgery but atm we're being hopeful he can rest for a month then be back in September. Adding Sale would be a nice addition to a good enough SP rotation we have now and with an Ace we'll be pretty good. Even if then we'll have 2 Aces in 2017 which is pretty good as we'd need to compete with SF having Bumgarner/Cueto/Shark. For off-season possible trade I'm trying to think of other teams CWS can trade with that will be interested but it's hard bc of teams like Padres/Arizona which depleted their farm system for blockbuster trades that didn't pan out after a couple of months of that season. Rockies could and could neat CWS back with possibly CarGo but idk how well Sale will pan out in a hitters park there. Astros have a pretty deep farm system so there's a shot. Yankees maybe but they need to rebuild their farm system. Red Sox already acquired a SP from SD but maybe could pick up Sale if they aren't asking toooooo much. O's look to be a team that could use him. They have a pretty beefy hitter line up and Britton/Branch are lethal. Cardinals have some depth in their farm system but they're looking for BP help so eh. I can't think of other teams atm, I might be messing a couple more though.

Matt Bishop    2377

Jays trade Storen for Benoit, and acquire Upton Jr. from Padres for Class-A prospect.

HououinKyouma    802

Dipoto has already hit on a previous failed closers swap (Frieri-Grilli) so we'll see how the storen benoit swap turns out but it will probably be insignificant in the long run.

In terms of a Sale trade, Fangraphs listed Sale as the 2nd most valuable pitching trade asset, the 15th most valuable trade asset so I assume that Sale has to land somewhere with a solid farm (LAD, BOS, TEX) seem like decent landing places, but the Friedman/Zaidi front office has been fairly solid at identifying which assets to keep and which ones to flip so I honestly don't see this one going down. The Rangers probably have to flip Profar/Gallo + two lower prospects, but even that package seems fairly underwhelming to me. Honestly I feel like CWS has to hold Sale if they believe they can make a run while he's still under contract.

Stor.    15

Now that red sox have prices and sales on thier team. I don't think they made good sale there. It doesn't seem it worth the price. 

»Barron    7987

White Sox were asking more than a lot for Sale. Sale also wanted to remain on the East Coast. Red Sox needed another Ace & with the team they have now they need to win now. 

HououinKyouma    802

I was legit about to start a 2017 thread because of the Sale trade. The Sux gave up so much, but they did get Sale. Realistically most of these prospects won't even pan out anyway, but I'm probably just saying that because the Angels barely got anything out of their farm during the period where they had one of the best farms in baseball compared to the hype those prospects had. I think its also a lot easier to stomach especially when you see what the Stros gave for Giles and the Sux gave for Kimbrel last year, and to add onto that its already a thin market for quality sps this year.

»Barron    7987
4 hours ago, HououinKyouma said:

I was legit about to start a 2017 thread because of the Sale trade. The Sux gave up so much, but they did get Sale. Realistically most of these prospects won't even pan out anyway, but I'm probably just saying that because the Angels barely got anything out of their farm during the period where they had one of the best farms in baseball compared to the hype those prospects had. I think its also a lot easier to stomach especially when you see what the Stros gave for Giles and the Sux gave for Kimbrel last year, and to add onto that its already a thin market for quality sps this year.

You can, just post it and I'll lock this one up.  We can go more in that thread.