Sign in to follow this  
Mutavault

Oath Of Gatewatch Spoilers!

Darthflaw    124

Kozilek's return is also kind of absurd

Only kind of? 

It's an instant speed pyroclasm that can be found by ancient stirrings in Tron. This block is giving that deck all the goodies. 

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1888

It's a little much to expect the other half of the tango lands. Wizards isn't obligated to print them. Like, I'm still waiting on enemy colored Scars lands. If Jund ever got a BG Scars land...

based on how we got SHIT uncommon cipt lands with no effects and how they happily printed the gain 1 life ones in fate/khans with no problem im guessing they axed the second half of the battlelands after realizing how fucked manabases are

• Downvote 1

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1888

Wizards tends to design blocks as a whole. I doubt they would print ten lands, realize how good they are, then only print five. 

The uncommon lands are to make limited formats function, and rarely make it into constructed. The +1 life lands were to make KTK a playable format. 

Standard has the best mana base since Lorwyn / Shards. I don't know how you can still find things to complain about (edit, and current mana is probably even better than Lorwyn / Shards because fetches enable delve).

Mutavault    2900

Sucks that they made the gain gates uncommon instead of common =[. Slower 4-5 color limited formats are a blast. Khans is my favorite limited set of all time.

sisicat    174

Khans and Innastrad are similar in a way that if you add the 2nd set and 3rd set you get a shittier draft experience.

Darthflaw    124

The lack of the other five BFZ lands is kind of notable, though. Didn't Maro say after the last half-cycle of lands was made R&D would start doing full sets of 10 each block?

┬╗Relianah    4515

it's a sorcery speed snapcaster, that has the cost of the flash backed card attached to the creature for evasion and a bigger body. Card's going to be great in standard, highly doubt it will see play elsewhere

Mutavault    2900

This is the Mardu 5 drop. Play this, crackling doom the biggest thing in same turn, pass with a sizable aggressive creature. 

Dank Memeston    1715

If Exquisite Firecraft was actually played I would love to flash that back but I guess that isn't going to happen unless this somehow makes it worthwhile.

This could be a neat card to side in Jund as like a 1-of or something. Also skredred.

Darthflaw    124

it's a sorcery speed snapcaster, that has the cost of the flash backed card attached to the creature for evasion and a bigger body. Card's going to be great in standard, highly doubt it will see play elsewhere

I thought the same thing when I first saw it, which is really cool when you consider Rosewater hated the fact that Snapcaster was blue and thinks he should have been red.

Looks like this guy is also a thing

MdtGIEt.jpg

This card looks really cool, and will definitely see EDH and 2HG play. But I'm not convinced it'll make it into standard. 

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1888

Goblin Dark Dwellers is an excellent card. It does have competition with Dragonlord Ojutai and Wingmate Roc, but I think certain decks will want it. Poor Gilt Leaf Winnower never stood a chance.

• Upvote 1

Mutavault    2900

Reckless-Bushwacker-Oath-of-the-Gatewatc

Card seems good going to do tons of damage out of nowhere. This also leaves me to believe they'll support it with another good 1 drop.

Spacial-Contortion-Oath-of-the-Gatewatch

Always loved Agony Warp and this card is just that but you need colorless mana so we'll see how much of that you can really go off of. I know I will do anything in my power to try and play this.

Darthflaw    124

Isn't the new goblin already well supported with cards like Swiftspear, abbot and and firey impulse?

It's not that I doubt they won't give it a good one drop to support it, but I think the card is already very playable as is

Mutavault    2900

immolatingglare.jpg

Its good

Ruins-of-Oran-Rief-Oath-of-the-Gatewatch

Entering tapped is too big of a deal unfortunately, unless a real colorless mid range deck is possible)

Eldrazi-Mimic.png

"Whenever another colorless creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may have the base power and toughness of Eldrazi Mimic become that creature’s power and toughness until end of turn."

I don't know yet, its neat but it seems too slow in aggro and you don't want a non standalone creature in midrange so I think its bleh..

Dank Memeston    1715

I highly doubt that mimic will do anything outside of a "combo". The Ruins seem pretty sweet though. Maybe in a slower deck, this could easily pull things out of Impulse/whatever range.

Edit: Holy fuck, forgot about Hangarback wAlker w/ Rief

Muta, you know there are no images in your post, right? Just want to make sure.

Mutavault    2900

Muta, you know there are no images in your post, right? Just want to make sure.

You know they were until they keep getting taken down from the source as its unclear if Wizards is spoiling or some outside source again.

flayerdrone.jpg

This thing is neat, I love aristocrat style decks and there is a good amount of support already for this effect. Its also not the worst on its own being a 3/1 first striker for 3 is basically a 3/3 standalone with text underneath it.

linvalathepreserver.jpg

6 mana to gain 5 life and eat a removal spell or put a 3/3 angel into play. 8/8 flyer for 6 is not good enough any longer. She seems unplayable.

callthegatewatch.jpg

I'm sure this was made for EDH but I've heard of tron playing 1-2 of these in main/side to get more assurance on Karn/Ugin, I doubt it but its here if that comes up.