Abe Thalos

Majespecter Discussion

AlMacuby    96

he played 2 Sky Iris, 2 OE Unicorn, 1 Phoenix and 1 OE Pendulum Dragon, no Fusion. He also played the Draco engine with Unexpected Dai but without Face-off, because Dinoster covers their biggest weakness (low stats). Also his trap line up was 2 Tempest and 2 Tornado. I couldn't gather more info.

Elements    569

• Upvote 1

»canasian    4105

I'm seeing this deck pop up here and there in regionals top cuts, is it worth opening the thread back up for discussion? An entire archetype that can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects and also has unique access to Totem Bird and Chidori seems pretty cool

• Upvote 1

Blacklisted    1330

It's kind of weird because after qlips we haven't really gotten locked scale effects and thus we can just mix and match pendulum archetypes as engines. There should have just been one all encompassing pendulum thread although it would be a logistics nightmare with decks playing differently

»canasian    4105

I mean I'd agree if we were talking about some watered-down version of the odd-eyes/pal/dracoslayer/magician decks with bunbuku and kirin splashed from last format, but these decks have been legitimately 16 Majespecters with the full suite of spells and traps and majesty's pegasus which seems more akin to Metalfoes which rightly have a separate discussion

NB96    860

Ties of the Brethren seems like the nuts in this deck. Maybe it will breathe new life into Majespecters.

LVFJRGP.jpg?1

I just threw this together as a concept list in 30 seconds so I'm sure there are plenty of changes to improve it, such as adding Archfiend Eccentricks and a Luster Pendulum for example. It's more just to illustrate what I'm thinking.

b1475693999YUGI0005.jpg

Pay 2000 LP, then target 1 Level 4 or lower monster you control; for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summonmonsters, also Special Summon 2 monsters from your Deck, with the same Type, Attribute, and Level as that monster, but with different names from each other and that monster. You cannot conduct yourBattle Phase the turn you activate this card.

You summon any Majespecter and play this for tons of advantage by summoning the others and getting another search.

In an attempt to ensure the card will always be live, I added an Ancient Lamp to the list. It's a WIND Spellcaster so if you have to use Ties of the Brethren on a Raccoon or Cat, you have the second card to summon as they need different names.

I also maxed out on Majesty's Pegasus because I think the card is mental, fetching any Majespecter from your deck while filling your extra deck for the pendulum summon, and by tutoring Raccoon it's basically another 6 ROTA's seeing as you are unlikely to find it difficult to draw a Majespecter monster when you can play plenty in here.

Quaking Mirror Force is in there because I thought it would be dangerous just to play stuff like Majespecter Tempest and Solemns since they don't help if your opponent is attacking you with strong monsters, so I figured they would be useful against established boards. Also the opponent might just not see them coming so you might get value.

It's a real shame that your pendulum scales in this deck aren't high enough to pendulum summon Unicorn. Maybe adding in Metalfoes solves this as they are a consistent pendulum engine with scale 8's for it. But then again space will surely get tight, and maybe it's better to just play Pure Metalfoes instead.

Gofu might also be good in this deck since you can go into an 8 with Raccoon. But I don't think there are any good level 9's to make with it if you don't draw a level 3, Giganticastle wouldn't be my ideal first turn synchro for sure so maybe it's better to stay away from it.

Mr Dragon    312

Ancient Lamp is ridiculously random when Mystical Fairy Elfuria exists and is a blowout against a couple of decks to boot.

• Upvote 1

NB96    860
43 minutes ago, Mr Dragon said:

Ancient Lamp is ridiculously random when Mystical Fairy Elfuria exists and is a blowout against a couple of decks to boot.

Ya I didn't know about the card I just saw someone mention it elsewhere and rolled with it since I don't know many other Wind Spellcaster level 3's.

»canasian    4105

I also just don't think running a random level 3 spellcaster is worth it when both of the level 3 Majespecters can search out a level 4 to make Ties live the next turn anyway

Think about drawing Lamp/Elfuria as your only monster without Ties, that's a completely dead hand whereas having Abductor or Terrortop instead would mean you're in play.

AlMacuby    96
11 minutes ago, canasian said:

when both of the level 3 Majespecters can search out a level 4 to make Ties live the next turn anyway

They make it live immediately if you can Pendulum summon or have Pegasus.

Ties of Brethren reads "for the rest of the turn" on the special summon clause, so you can freely use Pegasus and even Pendulum summon before go balls deep.

That's also one of the reasons I think you shouldn't include traps in this deck outside of their own traps. The biggest weakness of this deck compared to other Pendulum decks is the ineffectiveness of their scales. In this deck you literally have to go -2 to put your scales up, because most of them are going to be Vanillas. The less Pendulum monsters you open, the weaker your Pendulum summon is going to be. Being able to Pendulum summon Kirin is more impactful than most traps, especially because everything is searchable and you play a bigger engine. 

• Upvote 2

dexer008    805

one could play a mini-magician engine to access scales which do something. 3 Dragonpit/ Oafdragon (abusable with traps, rank 6 plays) with eccentrick basically gives you more s/t trap outs and several high scales. Racoon in theory should fetch you a magispecter every turn to ditch with dragonpit. That's a 6-8 card engine though, you'd have to cut down on either most of your monsters or eat into your s/t line-up. 

Alternatively you could also perhaps try a sky iris or 2 to go with terraformings, which you can then run odd-eyes fusion for vortex access and can fetch odd-eyes mirage dragon, who is a high scale and lv3 to make xyz plays with cat and raccoon. 

AlMacuby    96
56 minutes ago, dexer008 said:

Alternatively you could also perhaps try a sky iris or 2 to go with terraformings, which you can then run odd-eyes fusion for vortex access and can fetch odd-eyes mirage dragon, who is a high scale and lv3 to make xyz plays with cat and raccoon. 

That's the route I chose at a CCG event 2 weeks ago where I made Top 4. I played 2 Sky Iris with 2 Mirage and 1 Odd-Eyes Fusion. The tournament was the first time where I actually played the deck since March and I noticed that I had too many high scales which isn't typical for this deck (it was the other way around in the past). 

Going forward I would rather play 1 Iris  with 1 Mirage and 1 Odd-Eyes Fusion and of course 3 Terraforming. I could also imagine playing some random generic Pendulum monster with a 1 or 2-Scale, I found myself too often in the position where I had to waste my Bunbuku search on a low scale and thus unable to access Kirin or more Trap searchers. In the best case it should also have some form of relevant level or effect, something like Timebreaker Magician or Dragodies, the Empowered Warrior comes to mind.

To dig deeper into Specter-theory I also think it's correct to play more than 40 cards in this deck because the worst hands consist of multiple Majespecter S/Ts. Reducing the number below 5 (4 Traps and 1 Spell) costs you too much longevity and makes your Majespecters redundant after the first turn or resolving Desires. The solution would be to go into 42-44 card area with 3 Desires and 1 Upstart (which should still be correct to play, considering the interactions with Desires, Abductor and searching before drawing to decrease opening said search targets) if you are able to find cards that act very similar to your main strategy. It also decreases the chance of opening cards that are strictly worse in multiples like Abductor, Eccentrick going first, Field Spells.

I will also provide an example deck list, I am not going to YCS Liverpool anyway. 

bandicam 2016-10-11 23-02-57-257.jpg

For those looking for side deck cards to beat this deck, I've found to be Pendulum Storm the most devastating card. This deck struggles to reestablish its scales and will always pass with 2 scales on board. A 1-for-3 should be enough of a blowout to either break their board completely or stop them from pendulum summoning next turn.

PendulumStorm-BOSH-EN-SR-1E.png

• Upvote 2

NB96    860

This deck seems to have had a good showing at YCS Minneapolis this past weekend. 6 Majespecter in top 32 isn't so bad. Only Metalfoes sent more players into the top cut.

dexer008    805

I would say it's because of how absurd Ties of the Brethren in this deck, activating 1 is a +3 with two litte guys who search a s/t each, and the fact some decks just can't handle that many backrow. 

Titcombe    58

Pretty sure this is gonna be one of the best decks for Liverpool. It's not great going second vs ABC (but let's face it not even ABC is good going second against ABC) but not terrible, Buster cant do anything to lvl 4 majespecter + ties, and going first tornado is so crazy good vs them as long as you're able to keep a steady stream of majespecters going ABC just wont get a chance to play. Considering the standard ABC builds don't open tsukyomi buster as much as this deck simply opens a majespecter and a tornado, I think in the long run Majespecters will win more games overall.

There seems to be two schools of thought now regarding how to build this deck coming out of Minneapolis (and one guy who played card of demise instead of ties which for the life of me I can't understand), that being  playing 3 eccentrick and a kirin or just playing 3 of each of the little guys and thats it. Whilst kirin is an incredibly powerful card and provides defense which doesn't lose to twin twisters, I hate having to play eccentrick as the card has a lot of problems. Drawing more than one is really annoying and as spell/trap destruction it doesn't really out anything which is a problem as it can't beat anti-spell and whilst you could try and hit a strike with it that means you won't be able to use it as a scale, meaning if you were planning on summoning a kirin then you're kinda stuck in this awkward scenario where you could risk a pendulum summon and get blown out by strike, or use the eccentrick and then require a second one if you want to summon kirin. Kirin however is a pretty important card in the mirror so I'm considering just siding the one to tribute summon for the mirror. I much prefer playing the list of just the 15 small ones as pendulum summoning happens pretty consistently and most games you should be able to open one or two majespecters. A card I've been like a lot is pendulum reborn, great in the mirror because it means you don't completely lose to strike/tempest and as I explained earlier about the game plan vs abc, pendulim reborning a nekomata or bunbuku at the opponent's end phase means you have a few more turns to whittle them down.

Also dumb question (probably) but there's definitely not really any point in keeping in tornado and cyclone in the mirror game 2/3 is there as you can only use them on xyzes which you can easily just tempest right? I just feel like I'm missing something lol. Also something to consider for the mirror going first is unwavering bond, use it on their normal summon and it pretty much forces them to pendulum summon or pass, either option being good for you because of tempest and if they don't pendulum then you can freely do whatever you want unless they drew strike or warning if they play them.

AlMacuby    96
45 minutes ago, Titcombe said:

Pretty sure this is gonna be one of the best decks for Liverpool. It's not great going second vs ABC (but let's face it not even ABC is good going second against ABC) but not terrible, Buster cant do anything to lvl 4 majespecter + ties, and going first tornado is so crazy good vs them as long as you're able to keep a steady stream of majespecters going ABC just wont get a chance to play. Considering the standard ABC builds don't open tsukyomi buster as much as this deck simply opens a majespecter and a tornado, I think in the long run Majespecters will win more games overall.

There seems to be two schools of thought now regarding how to build this deck coming out of Minneapolis (and one guy who played card of demise instead of ties which for the life of me I can't understand), that being  playing 3 eccentrick and a kirin or just playing 3 of each of the little guys and thats it. Whilst kirin is an incredibly powerful card and provides defense which doesn't lose to twin twisters, I hate having to play eccentrick as the card has a lot of problems. Drawing more than one is really annoying and as spell/trap destruction it doesn't really out anything which is a problem as it can't beat anti-spell and whilst you could try and hit a strike with it that means you won't be able to use it as a scale, meaning if you were planning on summoning a kirin then you're kinda stuck in this awkward scenario where you could risk a pendulum summon and get blown out by strike, or use the eccentrick and then require a second one if you want to summon kirin. Kirin however is a pretty important card in the mirror so I'm considering just siding the one to tribute summon for the mirror. I much prefer playing the list of just the 15 small ones as pendulum summoning happens pretty consistently and most games you should be able to open one or two majespecters. A card I've been like a lot is pendulum reborn, great in the mirror because it means you don't completely lose to strike/tempest and as I explained earlier about the game plan vs abc, pendulim reborning a nekomata or bunbuku at the opponent's end phase means you have a few more turns to whittle them down.

Also dumb question (probably) but there's definitely not really any point in keeping in tornado and cyclone in the mirror game 2/3 is there as you can only use them on xyzes which you can easily just tempest right? I just feel like I'm missing something lol. Also something to consider for the mirror going first is unwavering bond, use it on their normal summon and it pretty much forces them to pendulum summon or pass, either option being good for you because of tempest and if they don't pendulum then you can freely do whatever you want unless they drew strike or warning if they play them.

A big apparant weakness vs ABC is the reduced viability of Pegasus. You can't use Pegasus while Dragon Buster is on the field, so the play you use to out most problematic fields (Pegasus into Crow) isn't an option. It also reduces the consistency, Pegasus into Bunbuku is what makes this deck more consistent than any other deck this format, you are playing more copies of your stratos than any other deck. One might think that you simply shouldn't use Pegasus while Dragon Buster is on the field and just build 2 scales to bait its effect, but even in that scenerio you need to have 2 matching scales without the Pegasus->Bunbuku play and you are losing 1 card either way. 

Lets say you can still Pendulum summon after that (you also removed the backrow, your Pendulum summon is accordingly rather weak) and pass with 3 Majespecters and 2 backrow, while your opponent brought his 3 Unions back. Next turn he can attack over all your specter before going into Buster or bait your backrow with Dire Wolf and still finish you off with Double Buster. It seems kinda hard to beat that deck, but like someone mentioned before, every deck struggles against ABC.

Regarding Kirin for the Mirror: I don't think Tribute summoning Kirin will win you the game. You can only Tribute summon it in attack position and if he also plays Kirin, he can crash both. That assumes he is able to Pendulum summon Kirin in the first place, but in that scenerio Tempest is what wins you the game, not Kirin. I also don't think Unwavering Bond is a good side deck card for the mirror. You should be at an extreme advantage if you go first and set up double Tempest or Tempest and Kirin in defense. Your opponent is most likely siding backrow removal, so you are playing into their side deck strategy if you are siding more cards that are weak to backrow removal. It would be far better to side a monster because they are unlikely to play any kind of removal against a big body like Rai-oh. You made a good point with siding out Tornados and possibly Cyclone and assuming your opponent does the same, you could just next-level them by bringing in something big like Thunder King Rai-oh, if you feel like you need any side-decked cards at all if you are going first. 

Going second Pendulum Storm still seems like the best card, it's very unlikely they are able to recover from that. If you are playing it on top of MST/Cyclones/Brethren, you should have an easy time to get some bodies on board through a Tempest (<--most important card in the mirror).

Blacklisted    1330

I think this deck is just solid moving forward, on its own or in tandem with another engine like performas/dracos/metalfoes.
 Deck can play going first or second is a huge bonus which is better than the ABC mirror where going second is like bringing a knife into a sword fight. What I liked more about Metalfoes is that it didnt auto scoop to ASF as Gofu + 3 made Scrap Dragon or Ignister to clear, Gofu + 2 makes Ancient Fairy Dragon. Rabbit made Castel/Break Sword/Grampulse but sadly this deck doesn't really do it

Odin_21    9

The thing with those cards is, that they arent an out to asf if the opponent has beatrice on board or a buster dragon and he doesnt tag it out. For now I tagging out buster is correct, but if ba doesnt open with beatrice, then they open dante asf + trap and in this case those cards also arent an out.

• Upvote 1

Titcombe    58
2 hours ago, Odin_21 said:

The thing with those cards is, that they arent an out to asf if the opponent has beatrice on board or a buster dragon and he doesnt tag it out. For now I tagging out buster is correct, but if ba doesnt open with beatrice, then they open dante asf + trap and in this case those cards also arent an out.

Pretty much this. It’s similar to armades vs mask of restrict last format, theoretically gofu + lvl 3 outs anti spell but the opponent just needs a buster/beatrice/fog blade and you’re still just as screwed. Also I don’t think metalfoes are all that great going first against ABC either as kirin by itself loses to photon thrasher which they should be playing 4 of, jowgen by itself whilst decent as it means they won’t be making a buster that turn and you get to resolve your counters, is terrible at pretty much any other point in the game vs them, the other points being going second as games vs ABC tend to not last very long.

12 hours ago, AlMacuby said:

Going second Pendulum Storm still seems like the best card, it's very unlikely they are able to recover from that. If you are playing it on top of MST/Cyclones/Brethren, you should have an easy time to get some bodies on board through a Tempest (<--most important card in the mirror).

I agree that pendulum storm does is a pretty big blow out as it cuts off their long game and if they have pegasus any chance of coming back, but I think with ties out now it loses some of its impact due to people making big boards without pendulum summoning, and even if they pendulum summoned and used ties it still doesn’t really help with their board. I think something like twin twisters or full house are probably better as mass removal but again they both have their problems: if you’re siding twisters it means that you can’t really side much else as opening twisters plus any other side card means you only have 2 or majespecter cards to make plays with due to the discard, and with full house whilst it’s a blowout in the mirror you still need some other kind of removal in the side to out anti-spell (3 cosmic cyclone for example) which considering the amount of 3-ofs you need for each matchup creates problems with space issues. Siding cosmic cyclone for the mirror might just be the only practical option if you want to side something else which is more mirror exclusive like thunder king or bond.

Thunder King does seem really good, as even if you just open up thunder king on turn 1 with no protection it is still a bitch for majespecters to get around. Normal summoning eccentrick is pretty meh especially if you have a tempest down, and nothing they can pendulum summon except kirin can get over it. Even if they decide to keep in tornado and cyclone/storm they still have to draw those cards and waste a majespecter normal summon to use them. I disagree with you on bond however as whilst yes it does give them more fodder more backrow removal I don’t think their removal would be any less effective if you don’t play them, and also unless they’re playing mass removal themselves it gives you more ways of disrupting the opponent if your tempest got cycloned or something. Bond kinda fills the gap that tornado and cyclone left in that it disrupts the opponent enough to the point where they have to make awkward and often risky plays to maintain advantage, pretty much indicative of a normal-summon reliant format. Also it acts as an out to kirin as you can xyz summon something which would out it, they would kirin and then you can get rid of it for good, so it’s not terrible going second either. Still it also contributes to the problem of not having enough side space; siding 5 cards in being 2 thunder king and 3 cosmic cyclone for 3 tornado 1 cyclone and secret village is probably all you can afford without clogging up side space and ruining your deck’s engine.

dexer008    805

MST is a must for any pendulum deck I believe going forward, cosmic cyclone in the side board as well. The mechanic itself relies on it and is the easiest out to ASF that is most cost-effective. I've been finding 2 the optimal number, like many of other cards this format you like seeing it but not in multiples. 

»victor    6399

I think this is one of the best Pendulum decks right now, because you can play Fortune Lady Wind with theme support, to pop a lot of dangerous backrow, i.e. ASF.

I posted my thoughts on Majespecter theory last year, and it's only become better now that we have Ties as well.

On 12/4/2015 at 10:33 PM, victor said:

I jotted down these thoughts a while back (as you can tell), but might as well post them now:

---------------------

I kind of think that there is a paradox with Majespecters.

One way to look at the Majespecter is that they are fundamentally a "Gadget" deck. Except, once they end up in the "graveyard" (Extra), you can Rekindling / Soul Charge them back.

The problem I think is people are playing them as a Pendulum deck, in spite of the fact that they do nothing on the Scales.

So your early game, if you care about Scales, is 2 Gadgets wasted as Spells, a weak stats floater (+ removal it gets you), and maybe some other cards.

So in a sense, people need to use other Pendulum engines to fill up the Scales so your Gadgets aren't wasted. And if you are mis-mashing other engines, why not play PePes or Magicians instead?

But that leads to the question, why not play them like Gadgets in the first place, in lieu of the Scales at first.

I wonder if something like Double Summon is worth it, not only because it lets you get out of the gate quicker, but it also lets you play Fortune Lady Wind, who as a WIND Spellcaster Breaker lets you destroy Scales, negation, and floodgates, all the while working with all MS themed cards, going into Totem Bird for the followup negate, etc. Harpie Dancer is similar, to get the extra search.

When you think of the deck as more Gadget-centric than Scale-centric, you can play power cards this format like Creature Swap, Moon Mirror Shield, etc.

The other thing is stuff like WIND Spellcaster Genex Blastfan and some Genex Ally Controller/Birdman, who give the deck a lot of power it lacks with Horus, Trishula, Yazi, etc.

If you look at the Pendulum XYZ conundrum that Patrick Hoban talked about, playing Synchros that fuel the Extra deck with free Synchro material is probably the way to go.

You can even play Unexpected Dai, to bring out Genex Controller for more plays (that don't require Scales).

There is also Vylon Cube can go into Horus (who steals without targeting) and Arcanite, searching out Moon Mirror Shield.

But the other "new" thing about Majespecters is they have access to Empowered Warriors Dragodies  (Scale 2) and Dragonox  (Scale 7) now.

They solve for a weakness of backrow-heavy decks, Denko Sekka, because even if they drop it, they still can't muscle through you because of the Pendulum protection.

Dragodies doubles up as Shrink and as a monster searches any Majespecter. Dragonox ends the Battle Phase. And both are Warriors for ROTA.

Candela    546

I actually came to the conclusion myself that Moon Mirror Shield might be really good in the mirror. It essentially forces your opponent to pendulum summon to get rid of it (Chidori/Castel on the MMS) or get rid of it and kill you in one turn, both options being very risky in the mirror thanks to Tempest. 

Titcombe    58

Decided to play this deck at Liverpool. Went 5-3 drop, starting 5-0 then just crashing and burning 3 rounds straight. I'll go through my list and my losses.

List:

Monsters: 16

3 bunbuku

3 cat

3 frog

3 fox

3 crow

1 luster

Spells: 14

3 ties

3 terraforming

2 pegasus

1 secret village

2 desires

1 upstart

1 cyclone

1 sonics

Traps: 10

3 tornado

3 tempest

3 pendulum reborn

1 warninig

Side: 15

3 barrier statue of the stormwinds

2 maxx c

3 cosmic

3 system down

2 pendulum storm

1 raigeki

1 dark hole

Extra:

Only relevant things were trapeze, acid golem, break sword, totem bird and chidori.

R1: Fluffals 2-1

R2: Blue-Eyes 2-0

R3: Metalfoe 2-0

R4: ABC 2-1

R5: ABC 2-0 (he ended up topping, congrats if you read this)

R6: ABC 1-2

R7: Infernoid 1-2

R8: ABC 1-2

I decided to play this deck due to ABC being unable to beat anything going second, whereas ties means this deck can push through backrow people would inevitably be playing. In hindsight the logic probably wasn't perfect as beating buster going second is still impossible without system down, so something like mermail was probably better (or minerva but money). I decided against playing kirin as most of the time when you draw that card you can't summon it, and you kinda don't want to use it as a scale either otherwise it's gone for good so it was just a blank, also eccentrick was pretty meh as it doesn't do anything going first and it's in general a pretty average card unless you're playing metalfoes. Pendulum reborns were really good, basically the worst hands in this deck are hands where you open 0 monsters (hands which I don't think you have any chance of preventing unfortunately) or just 1 monster where the opponent just attacks the guy and then carries on as normal. Pendulum reborn solves the latter hands as it just acts as more monsters as long as you draw 1, also it makes the cat and bunbuku a lot better. I'll go through my losses now.

Round 6 I played against a guy who ended up topping, game 1 he opened buster plus traps and there's just no way I could have won. Game 2 I opened ties and secret village but photon thrasher kinda just shits on this deck and it took me awhile to draw any monsters, and when I did I struggled to kill his guys without wasting my traps (he'd sided in ghost ogre for some reason and i couldn't kill it in defense.) Eventually I had enough monsters to play through his backrow then activated scales and kill him. Game 1 he opened buster but used a gadget so i maxx ced. He did a weird thing where he set a field spell before activating tsukyomi, then at the end of the turn I'm pretty sure the field spell was still set, but then after playing my desires the card had become a zombie world. I called him out on it but he insisted he'd activated it, so maybe my memory was fuzzy or he'd switched his set union hangar with a zombie world when I wasn't looking. I had no way of proving it though and unfortunately I couldn't get to system down off of desires and 3 draws of maxx c so I scooped.

Round 7 I played Joshua Oosters the CCG guy who was on stream. I didn't play much at all last year so I have no idea what any of the infernoids did. He chose for me to go first game 1 and I opened decent but he was able to push through my backrow with a terrortop and 2 charge of the light brigades milling infernoids. Game 2 I chose first and brought in the barrier statues because idk and opened pretty much the same thing. He summoned the terrortop in defense and didn't pick up his deck or say anything when he did it. It took me awhile to register but I asked if he was searching and he said no so then I tornadoed the terrortop. He seemed annoyed but set the taketomborg and I otked him with acid trapeze. Game 3 he chose for me to go first and I opened ties and desires but he summoned denko, activated one for one summoned another infernoid then black rosed me so yeah fun times.

Round 8 Ok so this round I 100% should have won but unfortunately I'm a fucking idiot. I won the roll and game 1 and 2 were pretty standard with me opening the nuts game 1 and him opening the nuts game 2. Game 3 I opened ties with a pegasus, but I only have 3 usable backrow and I didn't tempest the thrasher so I wasn't left with very much. He twin twistered both of my scales a for 2 turns I drew pegasus and then secret village whilst he was beating me down. He had a castel. I then drew desires and drew crow and luster. I summoned the crow searched sonics and attacked the castel and pegasused and mp2 summoning bunbuku searching cat. Now, I still had the secret village in hand and I'd resolved my pegasus for a turn, so if I'd activated secret village he'd be forced to twin there and then leaving me free to activate cat and luster and summon a bunch of monsters making an unbreakable board. As I said however I'm a fucking idiot (as you can tell I'm really fucking pissed at myself for this) and activated the cat first. I realised immediately what I'd done wrong and thought fuck it if he had twin he'd have used it on the pegasus when i tributed so just activated the luster, and sure thing he twined my 2 backrow. He attacked my bunbuku with a thing and I wasn't able to draw any more monsters after that and I lost. This guy didn't end up topping.

Obviously I dunno if I would've gone on to top but it's just kinda depressing that every time I make day 2 I just fuck it up, probably need to improve my technical play.

On the deck itself, the main deck was perfect and the side was the main thing that I'd had issues with trying to build and decided to just side a couple of cards for decks I didn't think would be too represented, hence just the pendulum storms for the mirror as I thought the majority of people who would usually play majespecters would switch to ABC.  Going forward however I don't see any play for majespecters. Twin twisters is going to become more and more popular and it isn't really the most powerful pendulum deck any more with the new metalfoes stuff being absolutely insane, and I don't think the deck is strong enough going first to beat things like mermail or minerva which is surely going to become more popular as more people fork out the cash for some minervas. Ultimately though I think I played the correct deck for the event but am glad that this terrible in between format where ABC is more powerful than anything else is over. Closing statement: fuck photon thrasher. 

BKI    18
On 31.10.2016 at 8:06 PM, Titcombe said:

Decided to play this deck at Liverpool. Went 5-3 drop, starting 5-0 then just crashing and burning 3 rounds straight. I'll go through my list and my losses.

List:

Monsters: 16

3 bunbuku

3 cat

3 frog

3 fox

3 crow

1 luster

Spells: 14

3 ties

3 terraforming

2 pegasus

1 secret village

2 desires

1 upstart

1 cyclone

1 sonics

Traps: 10

3 tornado

3 tempest

3 pendulum reborn

1 warninig

Side: 15

3 barrier statue of the stormwinds

2 maxx c

3 cosmic

3 system down

2 pendulum storm

1 raigeki

1 dark hole

Extra:

Only relevant things were trapeze, acid golem, break sword, totem bird and chidori.

R1: Fluffals 2-1

R2: Blue-Eyes 2-0

R3: Metalfoe 2-0

R4: ABC 2-1

R5: ABC 2-0 (he ended up topping, congrats if you read this)

R6: ABC 1-2

R7: Infernoid 1-2

R8: ABC 1-2

[...]

I do understand your reasons for not running Kirin but you can tribute summon Kirin to put in on board or you run some scales with a value of 7 or higher like Eccentrick she can  even deal with backrow and floodgate monsters as well. And once you have Kirin on board its like a free trap every turn not wasting your actual traps.