II: Dark Contracts

III: Extra Deck

IV: Combo(s)

I. Monster(s):

D/D Savant Kepler

Level 1 / Fiend / Dark / Scale 10

0 ATK / 0 DEF

Pendulum Effect
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "D/D" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Reduce this card's Pendulum Scale by 2 (min. 1), then destroy all monsters you control with a Level greater than or equal to this card's Pendulum Scale, except "D/D" monsters.

Monster Effect
 If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can activate 1 of these effects. You can only use this effect of "D/D Savant Kepler" once per turn.
    ● Target 1 other "D/D" card you control; return it to the hand.
    ● Add 1 "Dark Contract" card from your Deck to your hand.

The searcher for your Contracts one of which gets your D/Ds so it's your searcher for everything. It's pretty much self-explainatory.

D/D Savant Copernicus

Level 4 / Fiend / Dark / Scale 1

0 ATK / 0 DEF

Pendulum Effect
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "D/D" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once, while this card is in your Pendulum Zone, you can negate an activated Spell effect that would inflict damage to you, then destroy this card.

Monster Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can send 1 "D/D" or "Dark Contract" card from your Deck to the Graveyard, except "D/D Savant Copernicus". You can only use this effect of "D/D Savant Copernicus" once per turn.

It sends Lamia or one of the Slimes to the graveyard which is a great way to setup your plays with targets. Being a Level 4 means you get a Librarian with Lamia which allows for free draws through further Synchro combos.

D/D Lamia

Level 1 / Fiend / Dark / Tuner

100 ATK / 1900 DEF

If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can send 1 "D/D" or "Dark Contract" card from your hand or face-up from your field to the Graveyard, except "D/D Lamia"; Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "D/D Lamia" once per turn.

The Tuner of the deck. Aside from being a Level 1 that can be summoned over and over again it, it's ability to revive itself for a D/D or Contract is very useful to go up the ladder.

Just keep in mind that you cannot send a Pendulum card on the field because they don't end up in the graveyard which doesn't fulfill Lamia's condition. Cards in the hand are fine.

D/D Swirl Slime

Level 2 / Fiend / Dark
200 ATK / 200 DEF

If this card is in your hand: You can Fusion Summon 1 "D/D/D" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand as Fusion Materials, including this card. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "D/D" monster from your hand. You can only use each effect of "D/D Swirl Slime" once per turn.

This is probably the most important combo card in this deck.

You get Genghis and a free SS from your hand which includes the Level 8s. This will cause all of the important effects to trigger and snowball into your standard fields. Swirl Slime starts everything and is absolutely mandatory to run.

D/D Necro Slime

Level 1 / Fiend / Dark
100 ATK / 100 DEF

If this card is in your Graveyard: You can Fusion Summon 1 "D/D/D" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your Graveyard, including this card. You can only use this effect of "D/D Necro Slime" once per turn.

This is the guy you want to send with Swirl Slime. Gives you a free Fusion which will trigger a Swirl Slime-fused Genghis or Ragnarok's scale effect. It is also used to get some draws with Formula Synchron through Lamia.

D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok

Level 8 / Fiend / Dark / Scale 5
2200 ATK / 3000 DEF

Pendulum Effect
If you Special Summon a "D/D" monster(s), except during the Damage Step: You can target 1 "D/D" monster in your Graveyard; any battle damage your opponent takes becomes halved for the rest of this turn, also Special Summon that monster, and if you do, take 1000 damage. You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok" once per turn.

Monster Effect
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "D/D/D" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok" once per turn. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 other "D/D" monster, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish it.

D/D Savant Thomas

Level 8 / Fiend / Dark / Scale 6
1800 ATK / 2600 DEF

Pendulum Effect
During your Main Phase: You can add 1 face-up "D/D" Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "D/D Savant Thomas" once per turn.

Monster Effect
You can target 1 "D/D" card in your Pendulum Zone; destroy that card, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Level 8 "D/D/D" monster from your Deck in Defense Position, but for the rest of this turn, its effects (if any) are negated, and any battle damage your opponent takes becomes halved. You can only use this effect of "D/D Savant Thomas" once per turn.

Being able to get Ragnarok plus any Rank 8 makes Thomas stupidly powerful though somewhat costly because it requires a Scale.

It's Pendulum effect is quite solid because this deck lacks the option to access its Pendulums from the Extra Deck.

D/D Savant Newton

Level 7 / Fiend / Dark / Scale 10
0 ATK / 0 DEF

Pendulum Effect
You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "D/D" monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once, while this card is in your Pendulum Zone, you can negate an activated Trap effect that would inflict damage to you, then destroy this card.

Monster Effect
You can discard this card, then target 1 "D/D" or "Dark Contract" card in your Graveyard, except "D/D Savant Newton"; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "D/D Savant Newton" once per turn.

D/D Orthros

Level 4 / Fiend / Dark / Tuner / Scale 3

600 ATK / 1800 DEF

Pendulum Effect
Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field and 1 other "D/D" or "Dark Contract" card you control; destroy them.

Monster Effect
When you take damage: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. After this card is Special Summoned to your field, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Fiend-Type monsters.

II. Dark Contracts:

Dark Contract with the Gate

Continuous Spell
During your Main Phase: You can add 1 "D/D" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Dark Contract with the Gate" once per turn. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Take 1000 damage.

Dark Contract with the Swamp King

Continuous Spell
During your Main Phase: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fiend-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. You can only use this effect of "Dark Contract with the Swamp King" once per turn. If Summoning a "D/D" Fusion Monster this way, you can also banish monsters from your Graveyard as Fusion Material. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Take 1000 damage.

Dark Contract with the Witch

Continuous Trap
You can send 1 "D/D" or "Dark Contract" card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Dark Contract with the Witch" once per turn. All Fiend-Type monsters you control gain 1000 ATK during your opponent's turn only. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Take 1000 damage.

III. Extra Deck:

D/D/D Flame King Genghis

Level 6 / Fiend / Fire / Fusion

2000 ATK / 1500 DEF

2 "D/D" monsters
If another "D/D" monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field, while you control this face-up card (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 "D/D" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Flame King Genghis" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by battle, or if this card in its owner's possession is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can target 1 "Dark Contract" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.

D/D/D Oracle King D'Arc

Level 7 / Fiend / Dark / Fusion
2800 ATK / 2000 DEF

2 "D/D" monsters
Any effect that would inflict damage to you makes you gain that much LP, instead.

D/D/D Dragonbane King Beowulf

Level 8 / Fiend / Dark / Fusion
3000 ATK / 2500 DEF

1 "D/D/D" monster + 1 "D/D" monster
If a "D/D" monster you control attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: You can destroy all cards in each player's Spell & Trap Zones.

D/D/D Gust King Alexander

Level 7 / Fiend / Wind / Synchro
2500 ATK / 2000 DEF

1 "D/D" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If another "D/D" monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your field, while you control this face-up card (except during the Damage Step): You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "D/D" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Gust King Alexander" once per turn.

D/D/D Hexblood King Siegfried

Level 8 / Fiend / Dark / Synchro
2800 ATK / 2200 DEF

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "D/D" monsters
During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; negate its effects until the next Standby Phase. You can only use this effect of "D/D/D Hexblood King Siegfried" once per turn. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Gain 1000 LP for each "Dark Contract" card you control.

D/D/D Wave King Caesar

Rank 4 / Fiend / Water / XYZ
2400 ATK / 1200 DEF

2 Level 4 Fiend-Type monsters
During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; at the end of the Battle Phase, Special Summon from your Graveyard as many monsters destroyed this turn as possible, but during the next Standby Phase, take 1000 damage for each monster Special Summoned by this effect. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Dark Contract" card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "D/D/D Wave King Caesar" once per turn.

D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga

Rank 8 / Fiend / Dark / XYZ
3500 ATK / 3000 DEF

2 Level 8 "D/D" monsters
After this card is Xyz Summoned, for the rest of this turn, other cards and their effects cannot be activated on the field, and other cards' effects on the field are negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 "Dark Contract" Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; Set that target.

IV. Combo(s):

(work in progress)

»Tygo    14141
Post up some images for those of us who don't know the effects of the cards.

[ img] <copy image url here> [ /img]

just without the spaces

I'm currently having problems here, to include card pictures. I'm just taking the ones from .wikia and it just doesn't work. Tried to re-size them, but nope.

Though you are right, I should include at least the card text for all of them (probably better than the pictures, since the Archetype is still mostly OCG).

»Tygo    14141
Can't use links from wikia. Just google image them.

I tried to copy pics directly from google and even other websites, but it refuses to accept it.

Either way, I did add their stats and effects as quotes now, so you don't have to look them up (except you want visuals on them).

I also finished the Extra Deck section.

Just to start some discussion:

What other cards should be considered for the deck?

D/D Lilith was played often pre-Pendulum Domination, but Newton outclasses it, since it doesn't take up the NS for Night Howl. Her only niche is to recycle Savants from your Extra Deck (Kepler, Newton).

Outside of that, I have yet to see other cards, that could be used here.

Careyious    21

Two really fantastic cards in this deck are: 

• Mask Change 2, this can let you dodge a breakthrough skill or a veiler targetting a Savant Kepler or Night Howling, while putting a 2400 monster on the board and giving you access to a macro-cosmos (which annihilates the recursive power of Pendulum decks).

• Transmodify. This is practically an OTK with the Slime Pair:
    • Use Swiral Slime + Necro Slime for D'Arc, transmodify it for D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok, who then can summon back the D'Arc that was tributed. Then you banish both Slimes from grave with Necro Slime's effect to summon a second D'Arc to give you a grand total of 7800 damage (without normal summoning), and you can end the turn by overlaying the two D'Arcs into Red-Eyes Dark Flare Metal Dragon meaning your opponent can't take any actions on that turn or they lose. Alternatively normal summon something to bring your damage to 8000+ and swing for game. 

Transmodify seems quite win-more. The card doesn't work consistently enough.

To take your example: If I have both Slimes, I can have either D'Arc + Genghis, both Slimes in the grave for their respective effects and a Normal Summon. If I have those 2 cards, there are a myriad of options, where you could take that field. Transmodify would be very mediocre as your 3rd card.

It also doesn't work with most cards and has many possible stops:

- Garbage with the Level 4s and Abyss Ragnarok. This deck doesn't run any Level 5s, that would make Transmodify work and there is no Main Deck Level 9.

- Using it on a Level 1 means, you only get Swirl Slime, which you don't want on the field.

- Same goes for Swirl Slime itself. The only target is Night Howling which wants to be NS'd for its effect.

Aside from Night Howling -> Berfomet/Copernicus and D'Arc -> Ragnarok Transmodify really doesn't do much and adds more inconsistencies just for these few plays.

This deck has yet to fix its inconsistency issues.

Finally, we can test these cards.

Some observations while testing with the new support:

- Pendulum mechanic:

It's still not that useable tbh. Sure, Yamimakai and the new Savants give the deck good scales and setup for them, but there is just nothing you want to PS. You cannot PS Kepler, which is a major flaw, and while Copernicus is somewhat nice for Genghis or Abyss Ragnarok, that alone isn't enough. Ragnarok itself requires Newton to be a scale, which conflicts with its role as a recycler. 

It is much better, just to keep your monsters in hand and tutor them with Genghis, Alexander, Ragnarok and Night Howl.

I wouldn't probably play more than 1 of each Pendulum support, that means 1 Newton, 1 Orthros and at most 1 Yamimakai. Especially the latter is a total blank during T1.

- Synchro:

This is really noticeable with Lamia. D/Ds now have strong Synchro plays besides their Fusions and both synergize very well, no small thanks to D'Arc being the ideal Level 7 for Lamia's Level 1 status, which enables most Level 8 Synchros in the game.

Siegfried is ... Shi En, basically, so pretty much insane. Though it cannot stop Scales, since you don't destroy them, just negate them.

PSY-Framelord Omega is incredible for looping the slimes and the only Level 8, this deck should make besides Siegfried.

I couldn't put Prominence to work, since the only Level 7 Pendulums, that are worth playing, are Newton and Leonidas. Fetching either of them comes with the high price of interrupting your combo chains and while Prominence is amazing, it doesn't justify these kinds of stops. It is much safer, to play true generic ones, as you can then use Alexander and D'Arc for them.

- Ceiling & going 2nd:

Unexpectedly, it is really high. For example:

http://i.imgur.com/69ZivxG.png

It is no small thanks to Beowulf and Siegfried, that you can OTK safely and very likely through most fields. If your opponent presents you a weak T1, he is done for.

But that's the thing. Due to Solemn Notice everywhere, it is pretty hard to go for combos, since you need to spend additional resources to play around them.

However, going first is even worse, since you don't have a good-enough T1 play besides Siegfried, set Solemns + Valkyrie. Other fields are way too easy to play around and don't really protect from damage.

In general, I think, this deck is forced to play Upstart, just because it lacks consistency in some areas. Fortunately, since the damage output of this deck is ludicriously high, +1000 LP is not an issue. In the same vein, another draw card is Allure, that should be played for more deck thinning.

NB96    860

This deck has some unbelevable combos. I can't believe the ABC thread is the only one getting posts in the OCG land section. Both can draw weaker hands but with the ABC deck you're at risk of basically playing normal summon beatdown for the first few turns as you try to get your Unions into the graveyard for Dragon Buster.

FVFRYTHFNG    346

Yeah this deck is insane, been significantly harder for me to map out all the combos even with my friend teaching them all to me and the ROTK articles on them, assuming the card pool stays relatively static this deck has even more potential in the TCG than the OCG imo, especially with cards like Where Arf Thou (surprised I haven't seen many OCG lists with this) and Instant Fusion/Norden among others

I think a big part of the lack of interest is the sheer complexity of this deck akin to Infernity, Gishkill and other infinite step hard combo decks and the fact that constant delays to the release dates means we won't be seeing it until 2017.

Once I get to sit down properly and hammer all the combos out I'll try and contribute some worthwhile stuff.

NB96    860

I have a Google spreadsheet and Word document equipped with tutorials for all the main combos. I'll put them up once my laptop finishes updating Windows.

• Upvote 4

FVFRYTHFNG    346
10 minutes ago, NB96 said:

I have a Google spreadsheet and Word document equipped with tutorials for all the main combos. I'll put them up once my laptop finishes updating Windows.

Saved me a job lmao. Do you have the more niche ones with, for example Speedroid + Meteorburst catalogued too? If not I'll get @snek to post the additional ones

ABC are available next month, too, so naturally this deck gets forgotten quickly. On top of that it's very likely that there is going to be another list around that time which means you don't know against which decks it has to go against (especially in which state).

At least the current banlist gave the deck a slight push in form of the 3rd Allure (like the OCG) and 1 less copy of Maxx "C". Especially latter is quite pleasing because this deck needs to go through multiple summons for a sizeable field.

Guess I should re-vamp the OP at some point because it's obviously pretty wrong in some cases.

NB96    860
1 hour ago, PSY-Framelord Kappa said:

Saved me a job lmao. Do you have the more niche ones with, for example Speedroid + Meteorburst catalogued too? If not I'll get @snek to post the additional ones

No I don't have any niche combos, it's just all the ones that you would use in a bog standard, competitive D/D deck. Most people don't use Speedroids so I don't have anything to do with them.

It wont tell you much that you could 't get from any other resource on the web. The spreadsheet is just condensed down so you don't have to mess around clicking between different pages and scrolling up and down looking for the the page trying to find whatever you're looking for. In this respect I think it's a little more condensed and user friendly.

FVFRYTHFNG    346
37 minutes ago, NB96 said:

No I don't have any niche combos, it's just all the ones that you would use in a bog standard, competitive D/D deck. Most people don't use Speedroids so I don't have anything to do with them.

It wont tell you much that you could 't get from any other resource on the web. The spreadsheet is just condensed down so you don't have to mess around clicking between different pages and scrolling up and down looking for the the page trying to find whatever you're looking for. In this respect I think it's a little more condensed and user friendly.

Yeah that's perfect, literally the same reason I wanted to make one, so I don't have to keep faffing around between tabs and stuff

Is there a reason to play any of the older D/Ds anymore that impose a Fiend-restriction? Stuff like Night Howling or Berfomet come in mind.

Night Howling is probably redundant because it is a NS and can't really do anything anymore. You don't play the Level 4s to make use of it and it is only ever useful for Alexander which is underwhelming.

Berfomet is something that is at least interesting in theory because it gives Caesar access for a Contract search. However, it is a one-trick pony by restricting yourself to either Siegfried with Lamia or Caesar and it just adds a combo that probably isn't necessary.

NB96    860

The Google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LkfgOpAXZOuNI6ASXIGpzLwEdnOOY1nES_ZCItb0tk8/pubhtml

I tried to rank them in order of strength so the top combo is the best possible opening turn. The problem came from the Librarian combos where the strength of your play is subjective and based on your draws as well so don't pay too much attention to that if you disagree about how I ordered things since it makes no difference in the end.

I've also published these combos as a Google document for people who prefer that format. You'll still have to do some scrolling but at least it's not clicking constantly between different pages on a website. Find the document below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QyjIRVaeN43kTPsy7gNW978QwE2AUBlIBKvF9friQDY/pub

Crystal Wing + Siegfried + Titanic (1 draw)
(Gate + any 3: Kepler/Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok) OR (Kepler + any 3: Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok/Thomas) OR (Gate + Swamp + any 3: Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok/Thomas)

Variation 1 – (Gate + any 3: Kepler/Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok

1. Gate to add Kepler/Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok (whichever is missing).
2. Fuse Swirl + Kepler for Genghis (1).
3. Normal summon Lamia.
4. Synchro Lamia + Genghis for Alexander.
5. Banish Swirl for Ragnarok.
6. Cl1 Alexander targeting Lamia, Cl2 Ragnarok targeting Genghis.
7. After resolving the chain, trigger Genghis (from Lamia’s summon) to summon Kepler.
8. Kepler add Swamp.
9. Synchro Lamia + Kepler for Formula Synchron (draw 1).
10. Synchro Genghis + Formula for Siegfried.
11. Special summon Lamia from graveyard, send Gate.
12. Synchro Alexander + Lamia for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.
13. Activate Swamp. Banish Genghis + Alexander from graveyard for Beowulf.
14. Xyz Beowulf + Ragnarok for Titanic.

Variation 2 – (Kepler + any 3: Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok/Thomas)

1. Normal summon Kepler, effect to add gate.
2. Gate effect to add Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok/Thomas (whichever is missing).
3. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.
4. Fuse Swirl + Thomas for Genghis (1).
5. Banish Swirl to special summon Lamia from hand.
6. Synchro Lamia + Genghis for Alexander.
7. Trigger Ragnarok to summon Genghis.
8. Trigger Alexander to summon Lamia.
9. Trigger Genghis to summon Thomas.
10. Synchro Kepler + Lamia for Formula Synchron (draw 1).
11. Synchro Genghis + Formula for Siegfried.
12. Special summon Lamia from graveyard, send Gate.
13. Synchro Alexander + Lamia for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.
14. Activate Thomas, send Ragnarok to extra to summon Ragnarok from deck (2).
15. Xyz into Titanic.

Variation 3 - (Gate + Swamp + any 3: Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok/Thomas)

1. Activate Gate, add Swirl/Lamia/Ragnarok/Thomas (whichever is missing).

2. Activate Swirl, fuse Swirl + Thomas to summon Genghis (1).
3. Normal summon Lamia.
4. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.
5. Synchro Lamia + Genghis for Alexander.
6. Trigger Ragnarok to summon Genghis.
7. Trigger Alexander to summon Lamia.
8. Trigger Genghis to summon Thomas.
9. Synchro Lamia + Alexander for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.
10. Activate Swamp, fuse Genghis + Swirl (in graveyard) for d’Arc.
11. Activate Lamia, send Swamp to special summon Lamia.
12. Synchro Lamia + d’Arc for Siegfried.
13. Activate Thomas, send Ragnarok to extra deck to special summon another Ragnarok.
14. Xyz for Thomas + Ragnarok for Titanic

Crystal Wing + Siegfried + Omega (1 draw)
(Kepler + any 3: Swirl/Necro/Lamia/Ragnarok)

1. Normal summon Kepler, add Gate.
2. Activate Gate, add Swirl/Necro/Lamia/Ragnarok (whichever is missing).
3. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.
4. Fuse Swirl + Necro (from hand) to summon Genghis (1).
5. Banish Swirl to summon Lamia from hand.
6. Synchro Lamia + Genghis for Alexander.
7. Trigger Ragnarok to summon Genghis.
8. Trigger Alexander to summon Lamia.
9. Synchro Alexander + Lamia for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.
10. Activate Necro Slime, banish Necro + Alexander for d’Arc.
11. Trigger Genghis to summon Lamia from graveyard.
12. Synchro Kepler + Lamia for Formula Synchro (draw 1).
13. Synchro Genghis + Formula for Siegfried.
14. Activate Lamia in graveyard, send Gate to special summon her.
15. Synchro d’Arc + Lamia for PSY-Framelord Omega

Crystal Wing + Siegfried + Librarian (draw 4)
(Kepler + any 3: Swirl/Lamia/Copernicus/Ragnarok) OR (Swirl + Necro + Lamia + Copernicus)

If you have Swirl + Necro + Lamia + Copernicus, start at step i.

1: Kepler add Gate.
2. Gate add Swirl/Lamia/Copernicus/Ragnarok (whichever is missing from your hand).
3. Fuse Swirl + Lamia into Genghis (1).
4. Banish Swirl to summon Copernicus.
5. Copernicus to send Necro. Genghis to summon Lamia.
6. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.

i. Normal summon Copernicus to send Kepler.
ii. Fuse Swirl + Necro from hand for Genghis (1).
iii. Banish Swirl to summon Lamia.
iv. Genghis to summon Kepler from graveyard.
v. Kepler to add Gate.
vi. Gate to add Ragnarok.
vii. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.

Continue either variation from here. Current gamestate:

Monster zone: Kepler, Lamia, Copernicus, Genghis
Spell/trap zone: Gate
Pendulum zone: Ragnarok (unused)

7. Synchro Lamia + Genghis for Alexander.
8. Trigger Ragnarok to summon Lamia.
9. Lamia + Copernicus for Librarian.
10. Activate Necro, banish Necro + Genghis from graveyard for Genghis (2).
11. Trigger Alexander to summon Lamia from graveyard.
12. Lamia + Kepler into Formula Synchron (draw 1+1).
13. Synchro Genghis (2) + Formula for Siegfried (draw 1).
14. Special summon Lamia from graveyard, send Gate.
15. Synchro Alexander + Lamia for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon (draw 1).

Crystal Wing + Siegfried + Alexander (1 draw)
(Kepler + any 2: Swirl/Necro/Lamia)

2. Gate effect to add Swirl/Necro/Lamia (whichever is missing).
3. Fuse Swirl + Necro for Genghis (1).
4. Swirl effect, banish Swirl for Lamia.
5. Synchro Lamia + Genghis for Alexander.
6. Necro effect, banish Necro Slime and Genghis for Genghis (2).
7. Trigger Alexander to special summon Lamia.
8. Synchro Alexander + lamia for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.
9. Activate Lamia from graveyard, send Gate to special summon her.
10. Trigger Genghis to special summon Alexander from graveyard.
11. Synchro Kepler + Lamia for Formula Synchron (draw 1).
12. Synchro Genghis + Formula for Siegfried.

Siegfried + Titanic + Librarian (3 draws)
(Kepler + Copernicus + Ragnarok + Thomas)

2. Activate Gate, add Swirl.
3. Swirl effect, fuse Swirl + Thomas for Genghis (1).
4. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.
5. Swirl effect from graveyard, banish Swirl to special summon Copernicus from hand.
6. Cl1 Copernicus effect send Lamia from deck to graveyard. Cl2 Ragnarok target Thomas.
7. After chain resolves, trigger Genghis (off the summon of Thomas) to summon Lamia.
8. Synchro Lamia + Copernicus for T.G. Hyper Librarian.
9. Activate Lamia in graveyard, send Gate to graveyard to special summon her.
10. Synchro Kepler + Lamia for Formula Synchron (draw 1+1).
11. Synchro Genghis + Formula for Siegfried (draw 1).
12. Activate Thomas, send Ragnarok to extra to summon Ragnarok from deck.
13. Xyz for Titanic.

Crystal Wing + Siegfried + Ultimaya (2 draws)
(Kepler + Copernicus + 1 s/t card + any 1: Swirl/Lamia)

2. Activate Gate, add Swirl/Lamia (whichever is missing).
3. Swirl effect, fuse Swirl + Lamia for Genghis (1).
4. Swirl effect in graveyard, special summon Copernicus from hand.
5. Cl1 Copernicus send Necro from deck to graveyard. Cl2 Genghis to summon Lamia from graveyard.
6. After chain resolves, synchro Kepler + Lamia for Formula Synchron (draw 1).
7. Synchro Copernicus + Formula for Coral Dragon.
8. Send Genghis + Coral Dragon for Ultimaya Tzolkin (draw 1).
9. Set 1 s/t card, trigger Tzolkin to special summon Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.

Crystal Wing + Siegfried + Genghis
(Swirl + Lamia + Gate) OR (Swirl + Necro + Lamia)

Variation 1 - (Gate + Swirl/Necro/Lamia)

1. Activate Gate, add Swirl/Necro/Lamia (whichever is missing).
2. Activate Swirl, fuse Swirl + Necro for Genghis (1).
3. Normal summon Lamia.
4. Synchro Lamia + Genghis for Alexander.
5. Activate Necro, banish Necro + Genghis for Genghis (2).
6. Trigger Alexander to summon Lamia.
7. Synchro Lamia + Alexander for Siegfried.
8. Trigger Genghis to summon Alexander.
9. Activate Lamia, send Gate to the graveyard to summon Lamia.
10. Synchro Lamia + Alexander for Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.

Beatrice + Omega
(Swirl + Necro + Copernicus) OR (Kepler + Swirl/Copernicus + Gate) OR (Necro + Copernicus + Gate) OR (Kepler + Ragnarok + Swirl/Necro)

Variation 1 - (Swirl + Necro + Copernicus)

1. Normal summon Copernicus, send Kepler from deck to graveyard.
2. Activate Swirl from hand, fuse Swirl + Necro for Genghis (1).
3. Activate Necro Slime from graveyard, banish Necro + Swirl for Genghis (2).
4. Trigger the effect of the first Genghis to summon Kepler.
5. Kepler effect to add Gate.
6. Activate, add Ragnarok to hand.
7. Xyz Genghis + Genghis for Beatrice.
8. Beatrice effect to send Lamia to graveyard.
9. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.
10. Activate Lamia from graveyard, send Gate to special summon her.
11. Trigger Ragnarok to summon Genghis.
12. Synchro Kepler + Lamia for Formula Synchron (draw 1).
13. Synchro Genghis + Formula for PSY-Framelord Omega.

Variation 2 - (Kepler + Swirl/Copernicus + Gate)

1. Activate Gate, add Swirl/Copernicus (whichever is missing) to hand.
2. Activate Swirl, fuse Swirl + Copernicus for Genghis (1).
3. Activate Swirl, banish Swirl from graveyard to summon Kepler.
4. Cl1 trigger Genghis to summon Copernicus. Cl2 trigger Kepler to add Swamp.
5. Trigger Copernicus to send Necro Slime to graveyard.
6. Activate Swamp, fuse Kepler + Copernicus for Genghis (2).
8. Activate Beatrice, send Lamia to graveyard.
9. Activate Lamia from graveyard, send Swamp to special summon Lamia.
10. Activate Necro in graveyard, banish Necro + Genghis for d’Arc.
11. Synchro Lamia + d’Arc for PSY-Framelord Omega.

Variation 3 - (Swirl/Necro + Copernicus + Gate)

1. Normal summon Copernicus, send Kepler to graveyard.
2. Activate Gate, add Swirl/Necro (whichever is missing) to hand.
3. Activate Swirl from hand, fuse Swirl + Necro for Genghis (1).
4. Activate Necro from graveyard, banish Necro + Swirl for Genghis (2).
5. Trigger Genghis, special summon Kepler from graveyard.
6. Trigger Kepler, add Swamp from deck to hand.
8. Beatrice effect send Lamia from deck to graveyard.
9. Activate Swamp King, fuse Kepler + Copernicus from field for d’Arc.
10. Activate Lamia from graveyard, send Swamp to summon Lamia.
11. Synchro Lamia + d'Arc for PSY-Framelord Omega.

Variation 4 - (Kepler + any 2: Swirl/Necro/Ragnarok)

2. Activate Gate, add Swirl/Necro/Ragnarok (whichever is missing).
3. Activate Swirl from hand, fuse Swirl + Necro for Genghis (1).
4. Activate Necro effect, banish Necro + swirl to fuse Genghis (2).
5. Xyz Genghis + Genghis for Beatrice.
6. Beatrice send Lamia to graveyard.
7. Place Ragnarok in pendulum zone.
8. Activate Lamia from graveyard, send Gate to special summon Lamia.
9. Trigger Ragnarok, special summon Genghis from graveyard.
10. Synchro Kepler + Lamia for Formula Synchron (draw 1).
11. Synchro Genghis + Formula for PSY-Framelord Omega.

I hope all the steps are easy to follow and relatively well written out.

EDIT The Beatrice + Kali Yuga combo doesn't work I was mistaken when writing it out. I'll edit the documents later today.

• Upvote 14

Exitium    127

Real note, this deck is amazing. I don't think I've ever had as much fun playing a deck as D/D/D other then Nekroz I guess.

The only issue I see with this deck is that it's rather easy to interrupt someone mentioned earlier in an ABC thread ( I think buckwheat?) that the deck was falling off slightly in OCG because of hand traps being a TOTAL pest in meta. 

We may not have the same issue here.

1. Veiler isn't exaclty the go-to Hand trap this meta.

2. Ghost ogre isn't every good with the fall of pendulum, and Metalfoe even with support will probably be taking a backseat to ABC.

3. Maxx "C" is at two, there is less of a chance of the opponent drawing it in turn one, that's a slight bump to this decks ability to succeed.

We still shouldn't underplay this decks fragility this deck is incredibly fragile to just about any form of disruption. TCG has always been more trap-reliant and that could be a real problem, not to mention Kaijus (Then again Kaijus are a check for every strong deck)

Edit: Mistake.

NB96    860
On 2 September 2016 at 5:54 PM, PSY-Framelord Kappa said:

Yeah this deck is insane, been significantly harder for me to map out all the combos even with my friend teaching them all to me and the ROTK articles on them, assuming the card pool stays relatively static this deck has even more potential in the TCG than the OCG imo, especially with cards like Where Arf Thou (surprised I haven't seen many OCG lists with this) and Instant Fusion/Norden among others

I think a big part of the lack of interest is the sheer complexity of this deck akin to Infernity, Gishkill and other infinite step hard combo decks and the fact that constant delays to the release dates means we won't be seeing it until 2017.

Once I get to sit down properly and hammer all the combos out I'll try and contribute some worthwhile stuff.

I'm just using theory here but I don't think Instant Fusion will be played in this deck. When I scan over the average OCG decklist, the only interaction I can see coming up consistently is Norden reviving Lamia for Librarian. To me this is win moar, it doesn't actually help you get to a combo, it just makes good hands better (even though a good hand in this deck is typically auto-win regardless) and some bad hands worse, because in a bad hand you try for Beatrice and therefore make no more than two synchro summons to abuse Librarian's effect if you draw 2 of 4 variations that involve Formula. So you're gambling on drawing the correct Beatrice variation to get the maximum amount of draws possible but you only have a 50% chance of that happening as two variations end with only one synchro summon (this being the Omega). Not to mention you also need the set up of Lamia being in the graveyard already anyway to use Norden in the first place. There might be some other really niche combinations (eg Norden + Copernicus + Lamia = Trishula) but I don't think they will come up often.

I initially thought Where arf Thou? would be excellent. You have 3 level 1's to choose from: Kepler, Necro and Lamia. The idea that all 3 are combo pieces means the card can function as the missing piece in a variety of combos to make a hand that would otherwise fall short work out. The problem is that Where arf Thou? only really does what you want it to if you normal summon Kepler. In a hand where you don't have Kepler, and instead have Necro or Lamia, normal summoning one and using Where arf Thou? means you can't do your combo until next turn. Additionally both Necro and Lamia have extremely low attack points, coupled with the 2000 damage you take from it's effect, meaning they are basically direct attacking you (-300 points of damage or so) when you only have 6000 points to live off of anyway. So you are probably going to get OTK'd. Additionally opening with Kepler means you can usually do something anyway since the card features in the majority of combos, in which case you probably already have a playable hand anyway if you drew Kepler.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, NB96 said:

I initially thought Where arf Thou? would be excellent. You have 3 level 1's to choose from: Kepler, Necro and Lamia. The idea that all 3 are combo pieces means the card can function as the missing piece in a variety of combos to make a hand that would otherwise fall short work out. The problem is that Where arf Thou? only really does what you want it to if you normal summon Kepler. In a hand where you don't have Kepler, and instead have Necro or Lamia, normal summoning one and using Where arf Thou? means you can't do your combo until next turn. Additionally both Necro and Lamia have extremely low attack points, coupled with the 2000 damage you take from it's effect, meaning they are basically direct attacking you (-300 points of damage or so) when you only have 6000 points to live off of anyway. So you are probably going to get OTK'd. Additionally opening with Kepler means you can usually do something anyway since the card features in the majority of combos, in which case you probably already have a playable hand anyway if you drew Kepler.

Just saying but Lamia doesn't eat up a NS with its effect. It can also be SS from the hand as well.

You could just toss something for Lamia, use Where Arf Thou? to fetch Kepler and NS it for Gate into any of your D/Ds.

Especially in this case you do not get the 2000 points of damage which makes it a decent way to get to the more elaborate combos with practically no drawback.

Only if you ever have Necro Slime or no Level 1 means that you cannot do anything with it (or it's redundant) but that probably means you have a playable hand with Swirl + Ragnarok/Thomas/Copernicus.

Considering that this deck really needs a lot of combo pieces for its best boards, having more searchers can be appealing to reduce bad hands. 2000 burn doesn't mean anything if they can't OTK through your field.

NB96    860
2 hours ago, D.D. Shinigami said:

Just saying but Lamia doesn't eat up a NS with its effect. It can also be SS from the hand as well.

You could just toss something for Lamia (where it may be), use Where Arf Thou? to fetch Kepler and NS it for a Contract or D/D like Ragnarok.

Especially in this case you do not get the 2000 points of damage which makes it a decent way to get to the more elaborate combos with practically no drawback.

Only if you ever have Necro Slime or no Level 1 means that you cannot do anything with it (or it's redundant) but that means you either have a playable with Swirl + Ragnarok/Thomas/Copernicus.

Considering that this deck really needs a lot of combo pieces for its best boards, having more searchers can be appealing to reduce bad hands. 2000 burn doesn't mean anything if they can't OTK through your field.

The problem with playing the Lamia like this is that it banishes itself when you fuse or synchro with it. In order to make a relevant board you often need to re-use Lamia multiple times as you climb through to level 8 via Alexander and Genghis. With your play you need both a Swirl Slime off Gate and probably another Lamia to make more synchros. This considering you only have 3 cards in your hand after discarding one to special summon Lamia. I think it's  a very specific hand needed to make something off this play.

NB96    860

Some lists I lifted from YGOrg:

MONSTER CARDS (23):
1 D.D. Crow
3 D/D Necro Slime
2 Maxx “C”
3 D/D Swirl Slime
1 Effect Veiler
3 D/D Lamia
3 D/D Savant Kepler
3 D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok
3 D/D Savant Thomas
1 D/D Orthros

SPELL CARDS (13):
3 Pot of Desires
2 Allure of Darkness
1 One for One
2 Where Arf Thou?
1 Twin Twisters
3 Dark Contract with the Gate
1 Dark Contract with the Swamp King

TRAP CARDS (4):
1 Vanity’s Emptiness
1 Dark Contract with the Witch
2 Solemn Strike

EXTRA DECK (15):
2 D/D/D Flame King Genghis
1 D/D/D Oracle King d’Arc
1 D/D/D Cruel Dragon King Beowulf
1 Moonlight Rose Dragon
1 D/D/D Gust King Alexander
1 Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon
1 Crimson Blader
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried
1 Crystron Phoenixion
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Formula Synchron
1 D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga
1 Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy

MONSTER CARDS (22):
3 D/D Necro Slime
3 Maxx “C”
3 D/D Swirl Slime
3 D/D Lamia
3 D/D Savant Kepler
3 D/D Savant Thomas
1 D/D Orthros

SPELL CARDS (14):
3 Pot of Desires
2 Trade-In
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster
3 Allure of Darkness
1 One for One

TRAP CARDS (4):
2 Dimension Barrier
1 Vanity’s Emptiness

EXTRA DECK (15):
2 D/D/D Flame King Genghis
1 Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
1 Moonlight Rose Dragon
1 Crimson Blader
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Formula Synchron
1 D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga
1 Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy

MONSTER CARDS (25):
3 D/D Necro Slime
3 Maxx “C”
3 D/D Swirl Slime
1 Dark Armed Dragon
3 D/D Lamia
3 D/D Savant Kepler
3 D/D Savant Copernicus
1 D/D Savant Thomas
2 D/D Orthros

SPELL CARDS (11):
3 Pot of Desires
3 Allure of Darkness
1 One for One

TRAP CARDS (4):
1 Vanity’s Emptiness
2 Solemn Strike

EXTRA DECK (15):
3 D/D/D Flame King Genghis
1 Metaphys Horus
1 Moonlight Rose Dragon
1 PSY-Framelord Omega
1 Formula Synchron
1 Sylvan Princessprit
1 Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal

• Upvote 2

Exitium    127

librarian's pretty much been cut from the maindeck and some lists cut copernicus, but I dont think either of those are 100% correct.

Although, this deck probably has more lee-way with it's deck theory then other decks because therei s so many available options to you that there isn't exactly a list that covers all bases.

The Main Deck is pretty much the same in most builds though. You only have some differences in terms of cards that aren't part of the actual combos.

The OCG fills the empty spaces with Hand Traps or actual Traps though the latter is questionable.

Only the Extra Deck differs mostly from what you're aiming for. e.g. if you choose Librarian you will probably want to have Formula as well just to draw more cards.