D.D. Shinigami

D/D/D - Discussion

113 posts in this topic

Thing is, ABC is the toughest match-up because Dragon Buster messes up everything. Aside from Kaijus you really don't have answers against it because  otherwise it floats back into its pieces and you miss your OTK. They might be dead against those SS locks but the deck itself is screwed if these pop-up in the first place.

Radian also has miniscule advantages over them for being Allure fodder and having that body for OTKs. Level 7 could have its uses for a Level 8 Synchro as well though that would require Lamia.

One thing this deck could try to go for is to make its Pendulum mechanic more useable. Summoning back Ragnarok or Thomas will give you free revival and Rank 8s which works pretty well after you baited stuff like ABC, Toad/Infinity or Alkahest.

You only need a reliable Scale 10 to make this work which this deck has in Newton. Kepler itself is way too risky because if you don't finish the game you just lose everything from the backlash. Newton isn't that bad because it can exchange itself with Gate or Swamp King if required.

It doesn't fix the deck's problem with SS locks but that's an issue that I would relegate to the Side Deck. This deck has far more problems with disruption because a single negation can break everything apart.

Just curious on peoples opinions on this deck post structure deck. Top tier for sure? How are the other top tier match ups?

I haven't had the chance to practice with this deck in real matches because the online simulators are kind of bad and nobody plays meta decks so I can't say anything based on my performances there, but it seems like some side deck cards may cause this deck problems in the future? Or is it strong enough to overcome these?

7 hours ago, Wes said:

Just curious on peoples opinions on this deck post structure deck. Top tier for sure? How are the other top tier match ups?

I haven't had the chance to practice with this deck in real matches because the online simulators are kind of bad and nobody plays meta decks so I can't say anything based on my performances there, but it seems like some side deck cards may cause this deck problems in the future? Or is it strong enough to overcome these?

Post structure deck is too far out (January I believe) to say for certain if this deck will garner a top spot like it did in the OCG. But if all remains well and everything stays the same this deck should be able to gain a top tier spot due to insane openings the deck has access to. I'm wondering as of now does this deck have what it takes to consistently contend with blue eyes and metalfoe variants and if the answer is no, what can be done to fix this issue or are adding kaijus to the deck and aiming to go second going to be the best thing until post structure.

While it will take time to discuss this deck properly, we can at least pinpoint the biggest threats to this deck.

In general everything that can chain to something and bounce/negate/destroy is a big problem for this deck because it will interrupt from going off. I'm stating the obvious here but you really need to keep in mind that this deck has zero protection against these things. You need to get rid of them asap.

Just a small overview what can be a problem in each meta deck:

ABC: Dragon Buster, enough said. If they play Rank 5s, Infinity and Pleiades are annoyances that need to be addressed. Doesn't make it better that the TCG still has Instant Fusion for Norden for more Rank 4 plays and it leaves the option open to use Panzer Dragon as more efficient Rank 5 fodder.

Metalfoes: Alkahest, Kirin

Blue-Eyes: Spirit Dragon, Spirit Dragon into Moonlight Rose Dragon

Kozmo: Dark Witch, any Kozmo into Dark Destroyer

In general: Solemn Traps. Treatoad for WATER & HERO

Kaijus can solve the majority of problems here. Your opponent can't chain to them and getting over a big body is hardly the problem with this deck.

NB96 mentioned it, Radian is the natural choice due to being a Dark for Allure. If one wants to go even further a small engine with the Level 8 Kaijus + Trade-In can provide even further digging power but it comes at the prize of cutting space.

Making that space is quite hard because I don't see anything to cut in this deck so it is probably better to stick with just Radian.

Honestly until we get the structure deck I think the Kaiju engine really is the best bet. I love going 1st, but I feel it's almost a necessity going 2nd with the Kaiju engine since it answers so many of our problems currently. And it isn't horrible considering the big boards we can create as long as they don't have to many negations.

I'm playing with 2 Radian right now, but I'm probably going to bump it up to 3 for the time being. Playing 3 Allures and I don't have Desires currently so I feel I get the most out of them this way. 

Found a list that seemed interesting. I'm on a mobile so I don't wanna type it out but he runs two Puppet Master. Seems interesting as a level 6, just tribute Genghis for it then get two Fiends from the graveyard. At that point you can drop another rank 6. The card seems cool.

8 hours ago, NB96 said:

Found a list that seemed interesting. I'm on a mobile so I don't wanna type it out but he runs two Puppet Master. Seems interesting as a level 6, just tribute Genghis for it then get two Fiends from the graveyard. At that point you can drop another rank 6. The card seems cool.

tbh I tested this extensively, and it still sucks. I don't think D/D/D's should be thought of until the actual structure comes in, mainly because most of these cards are just complete bricks if youdon't start combo already, it's essentailly a win more card. On another note, if you guys really want to go second with kaiju's and all, you can run the shaddoll engine etc.

I do not really find the shaddoll engine to be too appealing for this deck. Sure it is cool to foolish bulb with shaddoll fusion, but outside of that the engine does not have much to offer. Making winda is not ideal either because you would have to get rid of it in order to combo off. 

1 hour ago, mwnhydropump19 said:

I do not really find the shaddoll engine to be too appealing for this deck. Sure it is cool to foolish bulb with shaddoll fusion, but outside of that the engine does not have much to offer. Making winda is not ideal either because you would have to get rid of it in order to combo off. 

I'm inclined to agree with Mitchell. The doll engine would bring more inconsistencies to the deck. Not drawing shaddoll fusion or mix match hands of shaddoll cards and d/d cards seems like asking for a bad time imo

The engine could definitely not be bigger than 3 shaddoll fusion, 1 shaddoll dragon/beast, similar to 3 brilliant, 1 garnet. And that's only even good if your opponent is very likely to summon from the extra deck. And, even then, the shaddoll engine would be competing with kiajus and hand traps for space and I think kaiju/hand trap will be accomplishing the same thing but better.

On 10/5/2016 at 7:08 PM, mwnhydropump19 said:

I disagree here.

Fiendish Rhino Warrior would compliment the Shaddoll Fusion very nicely, given that you could make Shekinaga and proceed to dump your Slimes and combo off. Also notable in the Blue-Eye matchup for helping your Dolls you dump off of Fusion bypass Spirit's negation.

The whole engine comes together very nicely as a side option for going second, and it's even better if you play additional cards like Farfa that are meaningful Beatrice dumps.

Well being realistic, all the monsters that you are playing for the doll engine are completely dead if you do not have shaddoll fusion. I just think the deck is just better off if you simply use kaijus and try not to be too cute with it.

1 hour ago, mwnhydropump19 said:

Well being realistic, all the monsters that you are playing for the doll engine are completely dead if you do not have shaddoll fusion. I just think the deck is just better off if you simply use kaijus and try not to be too cute with it.

I agree with this 100%, I also think dolls are pretty powercreeped because they don't really do anything the only cute portion about it is you can run arma knight + Dragon+Farfa and have actual outs to certain floodgates in your main deck or outs to cards like vanities fiend etc. But it's still not worth the slot especially since dolls are just so subpar.

Also, it doesn't really help us in our abc match-up since ABc can dodge shaddoll fusion, and kaiju's are infinitely better.

Kaijus are just awful against abc too, though.

8 minutes ago, Me. said:

I disagree. ABC dragon is what's scary. If you main deck kaijus, the ABC player has two trees of thought : Tag out ABC On Standby, or hope they don't have a Kaiju. If it's the latter then you can blow them out by justributing, if it's the former then grats now you only have to deal with infinity/backs which this deck can grind through. 

33 minutes ago, Me. said:

If an ABC player is playing around Kaiju's then their deck isn't very scary to deal with

A good abc player is always going to tribute buster if they have any type of other defense. And even if you can push through that defense, at the end of if you can not realistically establish an amazing field, not deal damage through a+b+c+equip. The follow-up buster on the next turn together with the indefinite grind of getting that 3 monster wall every turn is going to win the game for them. And it's even worse when you're sitting on a dead kaiju in your hand effectively putting you a card down from the beginning.

The buster is going to be tagged out because you auto-lose when the kaiju is dropped on it, but you realistically win close to every game if you tag it out just because of how ridiculous that grind is.

5 hours ago, Me. said:

A good abc player is always going to tribute buster if they have any type of other defense. And even if you can push through that defense, at the end of if you can not realistically establish an amazing field, not deal damage through a+b+c+equip. The follow-up buster on the next turn together with the indefinite grind of getting that 3 monster wall every turn is going to win the game for them. And it's even worse when you're sitting on a dead kaiju in your hand effectively putting you a card down from the beginning.

The buster is going to be tagged out because you auto-lose when the kaiju is dropped on it, but you realistically win close to every game if you tag it out just because of how ridiculous that grind is.

I'm obviously a biased Dinomist fanboy, but this is the kind of grind that makes Dinomists more appealing because you can make Nirvana High Paladin (you make with Deskbot 001 + LV 4 + LV 5) to halve their LP and then Spinos or even Heartlandraco to attack directly for game.

That deck has Pteran and Rex and you could play Swords of Concealing Light or Book of Eclipse in main anyway. And the deck can GGX for Quarantine, Cycle Reader, etc.

If Dragon Buster is tagging out to avoid Kaijus the deck can answer everything else decently at this point. Backrow isn't that much of an issue because searching Orthros will take care of it.

If it is the Soldier->Infinity build you still have that Kaiju in that hand to turn it into a threatless 2800 beater.

If they Maxx "C" you, just jump into an OTK and be done with it. Nobody runs hand traps like Veiler in the Main Deck.

Trying to think that you cannot setup a decent field/OTK them is pretty much irrelevant because you would have lost in the first place. The problem is that ABC can answer even the best hands which is the grand issue here.

The fact that a Kaijus forces ABC to think before tagging out makes it pretty much the only real answer against Dragon Buster. Saying it's bad against them is quite wrong if nothing else can answer them better. Against everything else they just chain the tag-out and gain free advantage of it.

8 hours ago, victor said:

I'm obviously a biased Dinomist fanboy, but this is the kind of grind that makes Dinomists more appealing because you can make Nirvana High Paladin (you make with Deskbot 001 + LV 4 + LV 5) to halve their LP and then Spinos or even Heartlandraco to attack directly for game.

That deck has Pteran and Rex and you could play Swords of Concealing Light or Book of Eclipse in main anyway. And the deck can GGX for Quarantine, Cycle Reader, etc.

Hook it with Dinomist list please. 

gonna jump in and reinforce the fact that abc is definitelyt not to be taken lightly, im 100% sure its going to be the best deck upon release. ive come to the conclusion that its correct to always tag out if i have traps (like me mentioned earlier), and even if the tag out occurs the game isnt over by any means. 3 monsters -> equip drake w/ hangar onto wyvern means u have to kill the 3 on board monsters + the drake protection + the monster summoned off of wyvern searched via drake when it dies. thats 5 monsters. and u better kill them or theyll pick apart ur board next turn w/ busters and rank 4s and just win.  theres no feasable way to kill anyone past that board without something like system down (and removing the buster drake so it affects the wyvern) too

kaijus will probably be good for the first two weeks when n00bs just leave their buster on board, but after a while its gonna catch on and even the bad players will be playing around kaijus. so its really kinda lame. imo the best side cards vs that deck are still cherries and system down, probably vanitys fiend for d/d as of now since noone will main outs but tbh i cant feasibly see this deck being in contention after abc drops... (|:|)

15 hours ago, Squiddy said:

but tbh i cant feasibly see this deck being in contention after abc drops... (|:|)

do you mean post d/d/d structure deck or current d/d/d squiddy?  (|:|)

yo wes XD atm i think, not sure about after structure since it'll be different after inov but for like the next month and possibly til next year abc is gonna be a pretty strong contender imo. buster is just too resilient :(

good to see you again ^^

yea for sure, abc is too good x__x

regardless i'll play d/d/d (post structure) for sure though, just because i like decks with an xyz toolbox. i liked the windup formats, plants, etc. abc is one of them geargia decks i guess (|:|)