yugiohduels777

Anybody else work at a university?

I'm a theoretical physicist at Boise State (don't ask me how I got the job, because I don't know). Currently trying to make a connection between string theory and the Divine Creation(private research).

So if you work at a college, where, and what do you do?

• Downvote 3

+mmf    23484
you said not to ask so ill just tell you that you got the job because you went to boise state

yall got any dope vietnamese food up in idaho?

»ACP    33414

Currently trying to make a connection between string theory and the Divine Creation(private research).

Yeah, no shit it's private research. Who in their right mind would write anyone a grant for that?

• Upvote 14

+rei+    34642
How's the evidence for divine creation coming
  • Upvote 2

+mmf    23484
i smoked weed with jesus christ in undergrad

Abe Thalos    518

i smoked weed with jesus christ in undergrad

Wait, I think I'd know if I went to undergrad with you

TFJ    618

How's the evidence for a non-divine creation coming?
  • Downvote 8

TFJ    618

are you real
If you believe that any of us are real, is there any reason for you to question specifically my existence?
Now if you don't believe anyone else is real, then you are kind of a lousy cause.
  • Upvote 1

The Ween    237
At this point I'm wondering if TFJ is just the god tier trolling persona of some sort of Internet mastermind.

TFJ    618

Stop TFJ. This is only going to go poorly for you.

I can choose to believe in God, just as people can choose to believe in nothing or against gods.

But asking whether or not a person is "real" is an odd question. But I don't really do philosophy.
  • Upvote 1

Chris Buraseru    10480

at the lowest level of simplicity of the topic at hand, you're trying to argue against something founded by an actual theory with something that isn't and with the line "How's the evidence for a non-divine creation coming?"

like are you fucking kidding me right now you cannot be a real person this has to be some internet persona

+rei+    34642

Stop TFJ. This is only going to go poorly for you.

I can choose to believe in God, just as people can choose to believe in nothing or against gods.

But asking whether or not a person is "real" is an odd question. But I don't really do philosophy.

We're literally talking about theoretical physics, his ability to prove divinity is pertinent to his thesis

TFJ    618

at the lowest level of simplicity of the topic at hand, you're trying to argue against something founded by an actual theory with something that isn't and with the line "How's the evidence for a non-divine creation coming?"

like are you fucking kidding me right now you cannot be a real person this has to be some internet persona

Wait a second.
What theory is this you are discussing?

Edit: Oh you mean String Theory. Do you actually know anything about it?

»lo fi    2612

At this point I'm wondering if TFJ is just the god tier trolling persona of some sort of Internet mastermind.

he's a moron with a keyboard. 

ggggg    3613

i worked in experiential education for a few summers : )

op i'd love to hear your thoughts on string theory

i've read as many papers as i could devour on quantum computing since that's where we're going

have you done any work with d-wave?

well we all live in a simulated multi-verse anyway

• Upvote 1

»lo fi    2612

i've read as many papers as i could devour on quantum computing since that's where we're going

»canasian    4105
I work at a university

My job is making salads and scrubbing panini presses
  • Upvote 1

ggggg    3613

?????????????????????????

The_Be(a)sT    967

Let's see what's wrong with this post:
1) OP states that he is doing a research, asking about evidence on that matter is question on topic. Your question is absolutely off topic. Nobody brought this non-divine creation argument but you. You don't need a counter theory to question a theory. Not knowing is fine, however frightening this thought might be for you. Believing in non-sense without argumets is not fine.
2) a lot of things in divine creation theory can be proven false.
3) there actually is a counter theory. Both big bang theory and string theory have more evidence behind them than divine creation.

I can choose to believe in unicorns and fairies. I can choose to believe that elves are hiding in forests and that dwarves live in their halls of stone under mountains. But what would you think about that person?
The real question is: why would you believe in something that doesn't exist?

TFJ    618
Seriously false load. Uhhh what did I post.

I can't remember my response to point 1. This wasn't it, but I made my post assuming rei was joking. If he wanted a serious discussion, then yes I was out of line. But most people don't think the topic can ever be serious, so they just joke.
I'd be interested in your arguments that disprove Divine Creation. But I think you'd first have to define a Divine theory, because I don't think one theory is actually called that. (O! You probably mean created in 6 days. But maybe you have others).
Does the Big Bang Theory somewhere exclude a God? Does String Theory have solid evidence behind it right now?

I am not on these forums to debate religion. There isn't a point, as sad as that may be. But you can choose to believe in fairies. You can choose to believe in science and the random chance of life in points of infinite possibilities. And I can choose to believe in a God that made a scientifically bound universe (or multiverse if you want to believe in that without proof. Although good science should be able to predict future discoveries.)

Either way you have decided you absolutely will not accept a God. So the debate doesn't matter. You say you are more educated because of that. And that is your choice. I won't make fun of you for it.
Then again how could I. You are making the reasonable decision. Clearer many think it is easier to believe in nothing than something.
  • Upvote 1