yugiohduels777

Anybody else work at a university?

┬╗lo fi    2604

i worked in experiential education for a few summers : )

op i'd love to hear your thoughts on string theory

i've read as many papers as i could devour on quantum computing since that's where we're going

have you done any work with d-wave?

well we all live in a simulated multi-verse anyway

?????????????????????????

you can't be remotely serious. 

Aaron    2105

Seriously false load. Uhhh what did I post.

I can't remember my response to point 1. This wasn't it, but I made my post assuming rei was joking. If he wanted a serious discussion, then yes I was out of line. But most people don't think the topic can ever be serious, so they just joke.
I'd be interested in your arguments that disprove Divine Creation. But I think you'd first have to define a Divine theory, because I don't think one theory is actually called that. (O! You probably mean created in 6 days. But maybe you have others).
Does the Big Bang Theory somewhere exclude a God? Does String Theory have solid evidence behind it right now?

I am not on these forums to debate religion. There isn't a point, as sad as that may be. But you can choose to believe in fairies. You can choose to believe in science and the random chance of life in points of infinite possibilities. And I can choose to believe in a God that made a scientifically bound universe (or multiverse if you want to believe in that without proof. Although good science should be able to predict future discoveries.)

Either way you have decided you absolutely will not accept a God. So the debate doesn't matter. You say you are more educated because of that. And that is your choice. I won't make fun of you for it.
Then again how could I. You are making the reasonable decision. [b]Clearer many think it is easier to believe in nothing than something.[/b]

So not believing in god means you believe in nothing.. nice.. 

TFJ    619
That is a valid distortion since the majority of people still claim to believe in some God. But I was referring to believing purely in chance and science explaining everything.
The many referred to many on this board

ACP    33478

TFJ if God is real why would he create someone so retarded? Checkmate "intelligent" design.

• Upvote 8

The_Be(a)sT    964

I'd be interested in your arguments that disprove Divine Creation. But I think you'd first have to define a Divine theory, because I don't think one theory is actually called that. (O! You probably mean created in 6 days. But maybe you have others).
Does the Big Bang Theory somewhere exclude a God? Does String Theory have solid evidence behind it right now?

I am not on these forums to debate religion. There isn't a point, as sad as that may be. But you can choose to believe in fairies. You can choose to believe in science and the random chance of life in points of infinite possibilities. And I can choose to believe in a God that made a scientifically bound universe (or multiverse if you want to believe in that without proof. Although good science should be able to predict future discoveries.)

Either way you have decided you absolutely will not accept a God. So the debate doesn't matter. You say you are more educated because of that. And that is your choice. I won't make fun of you for it.
Then again how could I. You are making the reasonable decision. Clearer many think it is easier to believe in nothing than something.

I meant many things: created in 6 days, Earth less than 10 000 years old, global flood, creation of humanity (ignoring Evolution)... 
Mainly the created in 6 days and humanity, which I believed defines Divine Creation. But feel free to define your Divine theory. 

The Big Bang Theory does not exclude a God, but the Divine Creation goes directly against it. Or so I thought. But again, we face the same problem. Define what you mean by Divine Creation. 
I will not talk about String Theory since I know almost nothing about it. I mentioned it just because it was previously mentioned. 
But I could talk about Evolution.  

Of course I can believe in fairies, that's what I said. The question was, what would you think about such person? I, for one, would say that such person is, at the very least, unreasonable. Why should I think different of a person that believes in fairies than of someone who believes in God? 

Either way you have decided you absolutely will not accept a God.

Have I?

I made one generalization, I must admit. I assumed you cannot present me with an evidence of God's existence. But you can always surprise me.
And you avoided the main question: why would you believe in something that doesn't exist?
What you maybe don't realize is, that no evidence of existence = evidence of non-existence.

You say you are more educated because of that.

Where do I say that exactly?

I won't make fun of you for it.

lol? 
Thank you.

Are you so scared of not-knowing that you must believe in something?

• Downvote 1

Chris Buraseru    10519

What you maybe don't realize is, that no evidence of existence = evidence of non-existence.

This line reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc

• Upvote 4

The_Be(a)sT    964

This line reminded me of this.

lol. That video reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wEnb9yIoes

TFJ    619
I think you are also attacking me and religion falsely. I don't think the majority use God as their crutch to science they don't understand. I think we believe simply that a supernatural being exists. We aren't using God to ignore truth or to ease any fears of idk what fear of the unknown would even be. They say religious people often accept death,which would be the only unknown I guess. But it isn't a fear of death.

Many people would say there is evidence for a creator. I don't believe that macroevolution could have truly occured completely at random. The chances just sound ridiculous just for making the first working protein that replicates.
We can argue the Bible itself as well.
We can argue miracles, although those are tough for many to accept.
We can ask about near death experiences.(I've read this for only like 15 minutes. So I haven't checked the credibility.)
You are simply having faith that randomness creates life from nothing. That is also a big leap of faith.

I mean Stephen Hawkings even says there must be extraterrestrial life. That is a big leap of faith.

Many Christians and even atheists believe the Big Bang directly supports a divine creator. As the Universe isn't eternal but started from nowhere.

I believe in God because I believe he exists. You can't believe in something you don't believe foesnt exist (at least not truly believe). It is true the art of religion isn't perfect though.
If there was any type of credible history behind fairies, wouldnt science say examine it? There is history behind the Christian Bible, but most of science says ignore it, it is clearly wrong, prove it wrong (strange to prove something wrong if it is clearly wrong).
I don't know how to end this post lol.

+rei+    34784
"even atheists believe the Big Bang directly supports a divine creator"
LOL

"I believe in God because I believe he exists."
The first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club

"If there was any type of credible history behind fairies, wouldnt science say examine it? There is history behind the Christian Bible, but most of science says ignore it, it is clearly wrong, prove it wrong (strange to prove something wrong if it is clearly wrong)."
Science is a method of inquiry not some governed body. Contention with divinity comes from empirical evidence running counter to most things claimed by most holy texts, and the complete absence of evidence supporting divinity. If evidence existed then obviously "science" as you put it would spin on a dime because inquiry produced results.

+scuzzlebutt    23607
jesus my homie tho

ggggg    3657

TFJ if God is real why would he create someone so retarded? Checkmate "intelligent" design.

to remind me that we're blessed : ^)

i worked in experiential education for a few summers : )

op i'd love to hear your thoughts on string theory

i've read as many papers as i could devour on quantum computing since that's where we're going

have you done any work with d-wave?

well we all live in a simulated multi-verse anyway

?????????????????????????

you can't be remotely serious. 

in what sense?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqN_2jDVbOU[/youtube]

gotta love quantum entaglement

How's the evidence for divine creation coming

How's the evidence for a non-divine creation coming?

TFJ stop. The mafia player base can't  lose anymore players.

TFJ    619

"even atheists believe the Big Bang directly supports a divine creator"
LOL

Hawkings worked on the theory of imaginary time. There is no proof that I know that shows this was a means against ID. But it conveniently means the universe wasn't created at a single event. You can call it a stretch to say he thinks it supports ID. But it certainly does not disprove ID.

He also is quoted on wikipedia as 

It turns out that a mathematical model involving imaginary time predicts not only effects we have already observed but also effects we have not been able to measure yet nevertheless believe in for other reasons.

Sure he is probably referring to some sciences that are predicted. But that is a pretty wtf quote for anyone who just goes along with the educated scientific school system.

Although I have never read it.

Jastrow (agnostic) in God and the Astronomer

In God and the Astronomers, Dr. Robert Jastrow, world-renowned astrophysicist, describes the astronomical discoveries of recent years and the theological implications of the new insights afforded by science into mankind's place in the cosmos. He explains the chain of events that forced astronomers, despite their initial reluctance ("Irritating," said Einstein; "Repugnant," said the great British astronomer Eddington; "I would like to reject it," said MIT physicist Philip Morrison) to accept the validity of the Big Bang and the fact that the universe began in a moment of creation.

There are many quotes where he states many scientist dislike some of the possibilities that the Big Bang Theory presents. And that is why many old scientist prefer the Steady State Universe, the Multiverse, and such.

I could try to find other quotes and such. But there is hate on the BBT in scientific communities (which != atheist, but is often used in their arguments).

ACP    33478

Never science nor religion can completely explain the origin of the universe, and that's just how it's always going to be. Conceptually, it's just impossible to fathom.

If you accept that the Big Bang created everything, then you haven't explained what caused the Big Bang. If you accept that our species and/or universe was designed by other being, then you still haven't explained who or what created our designer. You can keep trying to work backwards and figure out what caused the previous thing to happen, but there will never just be a pure beginning.

• Upvote 3

ggggg    3657

too bad the big bang is just part of a greater cycle

feels like 3rd grade physics in here

• Upvote 2