rei

Mass shooting in California

Digbick    7271
Mom was in that area this morning, she's extremely distraught. Some of her co-workers were in that building.

The Ween    237
Why does this keep happening? How have we managed to breed so much hatred not only in other countries, but in our own?

The worst part is that we can cue all the presidential candidates using this event to push their own ideologies without giving a damn for those who are suffering.

+Urthor    10234

Why does this keep happening? How have we managed to breed so much hatred not only in other countries, but in our own?

The worst part is that we can cue all the presidential candidates using this event to push their own ideologies without giving a damn for those who are suffering.

I mean if you've ever been to a Yugioh event my view is that there's just a certain percentage of vindictive whack jobs per hundred thousand people, and realistically there's no way to avoid that, at all.  Evil people happen and you can't avoid it, the only way is to keep tools out of their hands.  

• Upvote 7

Twitter    2057

i dont see how mental illness can even be claimed here. this was organized, by 3 individuals. 

and it was a social service building for people with disabilities, what kind of shitbag would do something like this 

• Upvote 3

Chris Buraseru    10480

Mental illness can be claimed purely on the fact that it IS nonsensical that some shitbag in their right mind would go out and do this. So they must be crazy so says...whatever psychoanalyst.

But naturally what's being overlooked is that there are perfectly competent people who do actually hold as much hatred in their being that they don't give two shits about killing random innocents. And this is why we will never have nice things.

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    8035

Cant wait for tomorrow when politicians use this to further their campaigns

TFJ    618

Mental illness can be claimed purely on the fact that it IS nonsensical that some shitbag in their right mind would go out and do this. So they must be crazy so says...whatever psychoanalyst.

But naturally what's being overlooked is that there are perfectly competent people who do actually hold as much hatred in their being that they don't give two shits about killing random innocents. And this is why we will never have nice things.

... You just said they were in their right minds. So you are contradicting yourself.

And using this to say we can never have nice things is completely gw wrong thing to take out of this.
  • Downvote 1

Twitter    2057

this is really upsetting, not just as a Californian but as an American. The rate at which these shootings keep happening is insane and fucking scary. 

Nothing gets done by the local, state or federal government. It is a scary time to be a non-white American, more so when the fucking police are behind some of this civil terrorism. 

And when the anti-gun control / anti-planned parenthood rhetoric resonates with a fucking terrorist, and they act on it, the politicians find a way to deflect the same people they are trying to get to vote for them. This coupled with obvious racism (white folk get to make it all the way to trial, not gunned down where they stand) really paints the picture of what a shithole the U.S. is becoming. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

+Paraliel+    8035

can we not turn this into a "white government keeping the black man down" discussion

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

+Silver    1012

it sucks that we use tragedys like these in such short notice to emphasize political ideas and agendas.

for fucks sake people fucken died. pray for people.

• Downvote 1

The Ween    237
Silverdudes right. Besides the fact that we should be worrying more about the dead and their loved ones than anything else, twisting this issue around just creates more desensitization. You could argue about racism, mental health, and a bunch of other things while using this as the basis, and all that happens is that people stop worrying about how to actually stop these shootings and more about what other hot issue this is pointing to. If everyone wasn't so divided and stubborn and fucking retarded about stuff like this, maybe we'd have a resolution and innocents wouldn't be brutalized on the monthly.

»Barron    7989

shooters we 2 men, 1 woman of Muslim background. this was pretty planned out from any of the mass shootings recently. i have to say that the gov'r will push for even stronger gun control [as it's really strict in LA county]. Idk, I'm just surprised they stood around for 3 hours when they clearly could have left the area rather easily and be in vegas/mexico/la/central california.

edit: it was a couple http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-bernardino-shooting-live-updates-htmlstory.html#85215802

Soul    7941

... You just said they were in their right minds. So you are contradicting yourself.

And using this to say we can never have nice things is completely gw wrong thing to take out of this.

learn2read

very sad indeed. clearly nothing is off limits anymore. but yeah there's only one way to fix this obviously. MORE GUNS!

Stratovarius    79

Inb4 conspiracy detailing the link between increased number of shootings/associated media focus and gun control agenda.

»Tygo    14141
there%20it%20is.jpg

Like... I get it. Prayer is a coping mech and can comfort people in times of need. Sometimes it's good to have a belief. For fucks sake though...

TFJ    618
Atheism also isn't fixing this.

But, I get it is saying those guys are politicians and can try to do something to prevent it.
  • Downvote 9

ACP    33419

But, I get it is saying those guys are politicians and can try to do something to prevent it.

Religion: A cult that teaches others that their belief in a higher power is more important than anything, including their own life and the lives of others.

>Athiesm isn't fixing this.

Oh ok

A quick google search of "most athiest countries" happens to pull up a list of countries with virtually no crazy people going on killing sprees. What a coincidence!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

»Tygo    14141

I will never understand how you can post so much and never think about what you say before you post each and every time.
  • Upvote 8