Sign in to follow this  
mercenary705

Train deck

So the train decks have been out for a little bit now and I've been experimenting with them all the while; this is what I've come up with (along with an explanation for each card):

Monsters:

1x Malefic Cyber End Dragon

While this seems out of place, malefic cyber end is a great way to special summon a level 10 monster in a pinch for xyz material (or a temporary shield or attacker with that 4000 atk); simply include a cyber end dragon in the extra deck and you can summon him while you have a field spell up!

3x Night Express Knight

This is one of the two most played cards in this deck; its effect allows you to normal summon this level 10 monster with no tributes (although its attack is reduced to 0, this doesn't matter since it's used for instant rank 10 xyz summons)

3x Heavy Freight Train Derricane

Easily one of the most overpowered cards I've seen; when Night Express Knight is normal summoned, you can simultaneously special summon Derricane from your hand, allowing you to xyz summon with at least 2 level 10 monsters.  When Derricane is detatched as an xyz material, you can then target and destroy one card on the field!

3x Ruffian Railcar

You will never use him for his first effect; he is meant to be discarded for his second effect that allows you to search your deck to add either a Night Express Knight or Heavy Freight Train Derricane to your hand (always get Knight before Derricane) during the end phase of the turn he was sent to the grave.

2x Planet pathfinder

Self explanatory; to get your field card out turn one.

Spells:

1x Instant Fusion

I run one copy of this to summon Norden which recovers either pathfinder or Ruffian Railcar and allows for a rank 4 xyz summon which can be helpful, especially number 101 and number 80.

1x Raigeki

Because clear the field.

1x Soul Charge

Do I really have to explain how helpful this is? Recycle derricane and knight

3x Terraforming

Get your field Spell

3x Revolving Switchyard

This is your field spell and the key to your success.  Its first effect allows you to special summon a ruffian railcar from your deck when you normal or special summon a level 10 earth machine monster (Knight or Derricane); the ruffian railcar that you summon becomes level 10.  Its second effect is that you can discard one card to search your deck for a level 10 earth machine monster and add that to your hand (again, Knight or Derricane).

1x MST

Helpful, but only one copy to keep the odds of getting the cards you need high

1x Limiter Removal

Doubles the attack of all machine monsters for one turn and destroys them at the end phase; however, the main xyz monster you'll be running can ignore the second bit about being destroyed.

Limited to only one per deck.

1x Forbidden Chalice

Negate monster eff and / or add 400 atk to your monster

2x Upstart Goblin

Draw 1

1x Rank-Up-Magic - The Seventh One

I love this card; it allows you to summon a Number 101 and overlay a Number C101 (or at least that's what I like to do); if you draw it outside of your normal draw it just becomes food for switchyard so it's not too hurtful.

Traps:

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

Because bottomless trap hole

1x Torrential Tribute

For when you're up against an opponent who really likes to synchro summon; your main xyz monster can save itself from this card's eff as well

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Evac Device is always nice to have

3x Metal Reflect Slime

Instant level 10 monsters can be extremely helpful in this deck. Also 3000 def is nice in a pinch.

2x Anti-Spell Fragrance

I cannot even begin to stress how helpful this is! prevents your opponent from immediately playing a field spell, raigeki, etc.  and really hinders their ability to play depending on their deck.

1x Solemn Warning

Solemn Warning.

3x Jar of Greed

draw 1

1x Jar of Avarice

Recycle 5 cards from your grave back into your deck and then draw 1

Extra:

3x Number 81: Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Superior Dora

This is your main xyz.  Requires 2 level 10s.  Its effect can be used during either players turn (this means that this is a quick effect) and allows you to target one card you control; that card will not be affected by card effects for the rest of the turn, except for its own effects.  This is extremely helpful not only because you can save a monster, but because you can take advantage of the fact that it's a quick effect with Derricane's xyz material effect in order to destroy a powerful monster your opponent just summoned the moment it's summoned before they have a chance to use its effect (if possible). 3200 atk.

1x Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer

Requires 3 level 10 monsters.  It's effect allows you to destroy all spells/traps your opponent controls once per turn, and your opponent can't chain with effects to counter this effect.  5000 atk.

2x Skypalace Gangaridai

Requires 2 level 10 mosnters.  Effect targets 1 card on the field and destroys it, and then inflicts 1000 damage to your opponent; it can't attack the turn you use this eff though.  3400 atk.

2x Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Gustav Max

Requires 2 level 10 monsters.  You can inflict 2000 damage to your opponent once per turn, and it can still attack.

Cyber End Dragon

Used for Malefic Cyber end dragon

Elder entity Norden

Used for rank 4 xyzs by special summoning a level 4 monster in your grave when summoned.

1x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

Requires 2 level 4 monsters.  Good for destroying a high attack monster; halves the target's attack and adds the attack lost to its own attack.

1x Number 80: Rhapsody in Berserk

Requires 2 level 4 mosnters. Used to equip to any other xyz monster to add 1200 atk to it.

2x Number 101: Silent Honor Ark

Requires 2 level 4 mosnters.Good to have to get rid of some special summoned monsters, and also helps summon C101

1x Number C101: Silent Honor Dark

Adds special summoned monsters your opponent controls to it as xyz materials, and can revive itself from the grave and also give you life points equal to its attack (2800).

Let me know what you guys think of this deck, and let me know if you think there should be any changes!

Doodlebug    613
For the sake of making it easy to read...  please don't explain every card in the middle of the deck list...

1 Malefic Cyber End Dragon
3 Night Express Knight
3 Heavy Freight Train Derricane
3 Ruffian Railcar
2 Planet Pathfinder

1 Instant Fusion
1 Raigeki
1 Soul Charge
3 Terraforming
3 Revolving Switchyard
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Limiter Removal