PJ

Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prague - Feb. 27/28, 2016

~Neonian~    376

Note the extra security for this event, you'll want to keep it in mind if you're the type to bring a bag full of trade binders;

Due to recent incidents that have taken place in Europe, this event will have increased security measures compared to normal:

All persons attending Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prague are restricted to 1 bag per person within the venue.

All bags will be checked upon entrance to the venue.

A free cloak room will be offered at the entrance to the venue.

Players will have to check their bag into this room before entering the venue itself.

No bags will be allowed within the event hall itself, Duelists can only bring their Decks, Game Mats and anything else required for playing.

Players will not be allowed to bring their trade binders into the main hall. There will be a designated area assigned for the trading of cards.

Should there be reason to expect a safety risk to players visiting Prague, Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. reserve the right to cancel the event, and are not liable for any travel costs in such a case.

Looking forward to finally seeing prague  :)
  • Upvote 2

+Urthor    10229

I can understand backpacks, but I can't understand why you wouldn't be able to use a) clear plastic bags to carry your mat/deck box, that's not something you can fit into the pockets of your skinny jeans for example, and b) binders in the main hall using said plastic bags.  

Feels like 80% no AKs 47s in backpacks, which is fair enough, only terrorists in the venue should be Wavering Eyes and Naturia Beast, and 20% using this opportunity to completely ban players having binders in the main hall to boost vendor sales.  And I'm pretty sure all parties are willing to admit that the cardboard used to make Yugioh cards is not immune to father time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

re plastic bags, this part is kind of a big issue if for example you need to carry around 10+ dice, which was the case for spellbooks with star hall back in the day, pad/paper to follow the tournament docs, calculator, playmat, double deck box, extra sleeves, all essentials anyone would recognise, and a few I would say are absolutely essential personally, water bottle and kilogram of trail mix.  You do need quite a lot of schtick for events.  

That's more than you can just carry around in your arms, def suggest making clear plastic bags allowable, or just buying a bunch from Ikea/Costco/stationary suppliers and handing them out at the door for people to put their mats in.

Something like the shopping bags from Aldi but made out of clear plastic would be perfect for example. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re binders.  Look, I know it's part of the big backpacks issue, and that the European scene for selling shit in venues is pretty intense, but players :really: need to be able to replace cards.  I'm pretty sure all parties agree that Yugioh cards aren't the most durable things and do not last forever past wear and tear, and there are usually a good half dozen stories of players being told to replace cards by judges mid match.  They should be able to have a source of replacements on hand, and the binder is the standard way of storing such cards.  

Players can't be forced to rely on expensive vendors when they can be obliged to replace cards by the judge staff.  If they can't bring their own replacements into the venue because they're in the binder and you're not allowed to have them in the deck box (for pretty straightforward reasons), then this creates a very awkward scenario where the judges penalties become "warning for marked cards, go pay 100 dollars to a vendor for secret rares."  

If there's an issue with security, advise players of a better way they can store cards than binders, but honestly players just need to have replacements at the venue and that means they need to move their collection in bulk really.  

• Upvote 1

»PJ    4183

Regarding the security measures, these were a requirement for us to run the event. If we did not have these in place the event would not be allowed to take place.

Our event team will ensure that everything goes as smooth as possible though :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Regarding the security measures, these were a requirement for us to run the event. If we did not have these in place the event would not be allowed to take place.

Would any of this be applicable for Sydney?

Me.    57

PJ, what does "anything else required for playing" mean? Could I, for example, put a refillable water bottle in the leg pockets of my pants? I don't think it's possible to go through an entire day at a YCS without this water, so it's technically and indirectly required for playing. What about spare sleeves in pockets? Spare cards kept outside of a deckbox and a binder for the replacement purpose described by urthor?

»PJ    4183

Would any of this be applicable for Sydney?

Prague only for now.

PJ, what does "anything else required for playing" mean? Could I, for example, put a refillable water bottle in the leg pockets of my pants? I don't think it's possible to go through an entire day at a YCS without this water, so it's technically and indirectly required for playing. What about spare sleeves in pockets? Spare cards kept outside of a deckbox and a binder for the replacement purpose described by urthor?

I don't have the specifics but will look into them after Christmas (today's my last day in the office this year).

Deladox    1
How will the cloak room function? Is there any insurance that you get your stuff back without any risk of it getting stolen or something happening to it? Also, how big compared to the main hall will the trading area be? Feel like you want to be there most of the time unless you can get food and drinks in the main hall.

I'm all for the plastic bag though

M.C.B.    172

I have a few questions for PJ/Konami/tournament staff/judges/Julia

What can I bring into the actual venue where we play? Can it be a bag (a clothe bag big enough only to put my mat and deckbox in)?

How is having a cloak room for 700 people a good idea? You know that everyone will either go to the cloak room to get trades between rounds or not bring trades at all. It is TCG. TRADING card game. To keep up (especially after the Adjustment list hitting some wallets pretty hard) a player needs to make good trades (selling is prohibited anyway). 

Can a Monarch player use Dominion to reduce the leves of hther by 2. And then in the same turn another Dominionto reduce it by 2 again? Making a LV4 2800 beater?

Who will keep an eye over all the PE - minor Warnings for Monarch players. Monarch players NEED to "cheat" or "try their luck" or "forget" or "not know" that you can not use Escalation/Ehther if you do not have enough tributes and then chain Stormforth. Yesterday in a 6 round + top 8 event players were doing it ALL THE TIME. It is nearly impossible to catch all of them and to upgrade their warnings to game losses/DQs in a room of 700 people. I it also rule sharking if the opponent catches such and occurance and calls a jugde to penalize the Monarch player.

I was seriously worrie yesterday about WHO judges these events. I was looking for Dominion rulings (mentioned above) and some other Monarch-related rulings on google/Wiki/Adjudication Conflagration. NO ONE has asked these questions before! Meaning, DO THEY EVEN KNOW about these things?

Not trying to tell the tournament organization how to do their job, but I will ask you to make sure the judges familiarize themselves with the new Monarch cards and brush up their chaining knowledge. BEFORE the event. Not AT. 

»PJ    4183

Can you email the above to yugioh@konami-europe.net please?

I'll tell Customer Service to expect it and forward it to Organised Play.

Patrick Hoban    6364

What can I bring into the actual venue where we play? Can it be a bag (a clothe bag big enough only to put my mat and deckbox in)?

How is having a cloak room for 700 people a good idea? You know that everyone will either go to the cloak room to get trades between rounds or not bring trades at all. It is TCG. TRADING card game. To keep up (especially after the Adjustment list hitting some wallets pretty hard) a player needs to make good trades (selling is prohibited anyway). 

Can a Monarch player use Dominion to reduce the leves of hther by 2. And then in the same turn another Dominionto reduce it by 2 again? Making a LV4 2800 beater?

Who will keep an eye over all the PE - minor Warnings for Monarch players. Monarch players NEED to "cheat" or "try their luck" or "forget" or "not know" that you can not use Escalation/Ehther if you do not have enough tributes and then chain Stormforth. Yesterday in a 6 round + top 8 event players were doing it ALL THE TIME. It is nearly impossible to catch all of them and to upgrade their warnings to game losses/DQs in a room of 700 people. I it also rule sharking if the opponent catches such and occurance and calls a jugde to penalize the Monarch player.

I was seriously worrie yesterday about WHO judges these events. I was looking for Dominion rulings (mentioned above) and some other Monarch-related rulings on google/Wiki/Adjudication Conflagration. NO ONE has asked these questions before! Meaning, DO THEY EVEN KNOW about these things?

Not trying to tell the tournament organization how to do their job, but I will ask you to make sure the judges familiarize themselves with the new Monarch cards and brush up their chaining knowledge. BEFORE the event. Not AT. 

Lol, I should probably know this, but what are you talking about? I legitimately don't know what Monarch players can't do but apparently try to do.

M.C.B.    172

Can you email the above to yugioh@konami-europe.net please?

I'll tell Customer Service to expect it and forward it to Organised Play.

sent it

• Upvote 1

M.C.B.    172

Lol, I should probably know this, but what are you talking about? I legitimately don't know what Monarch players can't do but apparently try to do.

opponent has a monster

monarch player has an empty field

monarch player (during opponents turn) tries to activate Ehther in response to something as CL2, chain Stormforth as CL3

Ehther could not be activated because there is nothing to tribute on the field yet, because his field is empty and Stormforth is not resolved yet.

Players have it in their mind: "Iwill tribute his with stormforth" and forget that Stormforth is not active yet, the condition was not set yet.

An unsuspecting opponent will let it fly.

• Upvote 3

Indignation    2858

I have never actually had a monarch player do that to me yet lol. Didn't think people would actually be trying to do that. They should give a warning the first time and then something more severe if done again. 

Also to the domain question. Yes you can do it multiple times if you activate another domain. The condition is the monsters stats. the level reduction is lingering. So yes you can out fog king like that.

M.C.B.    172

I have never actually had a monarch player do that to me yet lol. Didn't think people would actually be trying to do that. They should give a warning the first time and then something more severe if done again. 

Also to the domain question. Yes you can do it multiple times if you activate another domain. The condition is the monsters stats. the level reduction is lingering. So yes you can out fog king like that.

the problem is keeping track of the warnings through the tournament and finding out who is stupid and who cheating

Sorry if dumb but not sure if the stormforth either thing is as relevant as you are implying as in if people standy phase flip stormforth like I see most players do  online(denko reasoning I guess?) , then this scenario is a mute point no?

As in seems a situation where bad players may get caught out by this interaction by either ignorance or misplaying more so than cheaters would be able to abuse it. Mostly as it doesn't to me anyway seem a ruling you could reliably try to abuse/cheat unless I am missing something?

M.C.B.    172

Sorry if dumb but not sure if the stormforth either thing is as relevant as you are implying as in if people standy phase flip stormforth like I see most players do  online(denko reasoning I guess?) , then this scenario is a mute point no?

As in seems a situation where bad players may get caught out by this interaction by either ignorance or misplaying more so than cheaters would be able to abuse it. Mostly as it doesn't to me anyway seem a ruling you could reliably try to abuse/cheat unless I am missing something?

if they use Stormforth in SP, they give signals and opponent will adjust his plays I  guess

My main concearn is tracking these warnings that would (but won't because players will not be caught) be given out to ignorant/missplaying players. Who wil catch them all in act during game before the game state progresses past repair. And how will they keep track of PE-minor upgrades after the same palyer does it again.

To say it again, me, as an opponent, can't even call a judge on it, because I am immediately rule sharking, because I know the penalty and he does not (in case of dumb/ignorant). So the judge patroling the floor must catch such an attempt. And I don't have enough fate in the judges to do it because I have seen them at work a lot of times and when someone picks up Mind Crush to read what it does...go home. They haven't caught a single slow playing player in my presence yet, not to get started on all kinds of cheating/stacking. Or to put it differently, the lack of questions (submitted by judges) about new monarch cards, performapals and commonly used cards (IN 2016!) interacting worries me. I hope the lack comew from knowing it a already.

It may sound like more than it really is, I may be overreacting, but I had to rule lots and lots of times the same things over and over again at out tournament here. So I guess it is a thing. Not to mention Monarchs are a blessing for sunday players and not top players. I would believe top players now these things. I still have to get through swiss though. And if no one catches this particular play being executed repeatedly (knowingly or not) players may gain the advantage that advances them maybe even into the top.

+Urthor    10229

0009107406631_500X500.jpg

Pretty sure this would solve a lot of problems for everyone

• Upvote 3

+Silver    1011

0009107406631_500X500.jpg

Pretty sure this would solve a lot of problems for everyone

well now we will know who sells all the addy at yugi events XD

• Upvote 3