PJ

Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prague - Feb. 27/28, 2016

Squarky    5

I'm coming from California and have a couple questions. I've been told Czech is dual currency, so what is used for events? Also was told that English cards are whats most common there, is this true? Anything else I should know that will be different from NA events?

M.C.B.    172

I'm coming from California and have a couple questions. I've been told Czech is dual currency, so what is used for events? Also was told that English cards are whats most common there, is this true? Anything else I should know that will be different from NA events?

They use Chech Koruna and Euro. Last year we needed Korunas to register if I am not mistaken. any other business can be done in Euros (bars, restaurants etc, not sure about supermarkets though). 

English cards are most common in europe in general, but at this event expect a lot of german players with german cards. There aren't many differences from NA events except the few rulings contradictions, that the judges pick up the result sleeves and that this time there are stricter security measures. All of which you can learn on the official page.

• Upvote 1

Mr Cook    473
I think they accepted YCS payment in Czech Korona or Euros last time, same went for the vendors, not sure how the exchange rate was though.

»PJ    4183

One more thing to add since I haven't seen it get picked up; we're going to be streaming on YouTube as well as Twitch.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/news/press_ycs_prague_2016.html

As with all international-level tournaments held in Europe, Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prague will feature live and comprehensive reporting so that Dueling fans around the world can follow their favourite players and cheer them on. Over 20 hours of live gameplay, commentary and analysis will be broadcasted on the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG's official Twitch and YouTube channels, with additional articles and updates shared via Facebook and the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Coverage Blog.

We've been developing a few neat tools and features that we'll be experimenting with in Prague, I'm sure you guys will appreciate them when they show up.

• Upvote 4

»PJ    4183

PJ, any chance YCS London returns?

I can't talk about future YCS events because {a} nothing is finalised and {b} I generally don't know until a week or so before an announcement :)

It's been a while since we had a UK-based YCS, I'm sure we'll be back ;)

• Upvote 2

herbie ✌    1340

Sorry if dumb but not sure if the stormforth either thing is as relevant as you are implying as in if people standy phase flip stormforth like I see most players do  online(denko reasoning I guess?) , then this scenario is a mute point no?

As in seems a situation where bad players may get caught out by this interaction by either ignorance or misplaying more so than cheaters would be able to abuse it. Mostly as it doesn't to me anyway seem a ruling you could reliably try to abuse/cheat unless I am missing something?

if they use Stormforth in SP, they give signals and opponent will adjust his plays I  guess
My main concearn is tracking these warnings that would (but won't because players will not be caught) be given out to ignorant/missplaying players. Who wil catch them all in act during game before the game state progresses past repair. And how will they keep track of PE-minor upgrades after the same palyer does it again.

To say it again, me, as an opponent, can't even call a judge on it, because I am immediately rule sharking, because I know the penalty and he does not (in case of dumb/ignorant). So the judge patroling the floor must catch such an attempt. And I don't have enough fate in the judges to do it because I have seen them at work a lot of times and when someone picks up Mind Crush to read what it does...go home. They haven't caught a single slow playing player in my presence yet, not to get started on all kinds of cheating/stacking. Or to put it differently, the lack of questions (submitted by judges) about new monarch cards, performapals and commonly used cards (IN 2016!) interacting worries me. I hope the lack comew from knowing it a already.

It may sound like more than it really is, I may be overreacting, but I had to rule lots and lots of times the same things over and over again at out tournament here. So I guess it is a thing. Not to mention Monarchs are a blessing for sunday players and not top players. I would believe top players now these things. I still have to get through swiss though. And if no one catches this particular play being executed repeatedly (knowingly or not) players may gain the advantage that advances them maybe even into the top.

Not knowing the rules of the game is 100% worth getting punished for and realistically someone who is willing to cheat will have no problems with playing dumb.

Squarky    5

I need 3 Strike and an Eccentrick for the event if anyone here has them for sale? I'd like to know now so I know to bring koruna or Euro. USD exchange rates suck  =-| . Language doesn't matter. 

NB96    857
I really think Phantom Knight BA is the sleeper deck to put one or two players into the top 8 this weekend. I played against it today and I think the deck looked great, not to mention it gets Beatrice next month too.

»Barron    7988

Guy sent Sorc/Xsaber to grave to make Naturia Beast then Instant Fusion Norden to bring back Sorc for Raff. Nobody caught it.

• Upvote 1

Drewsifer    49

can anybody explain to me why the players all use brightly colored sleeves?? is this like a trend compared to in north america with PC whites ??

Me.    57

Pink sleeves are the manliest sleeves there are.

• Upvote 1

NB96    857
Man this ftk bullshit should be banned. Guy ftk's through dweller going second twice without rml either time. Just get rid of chicken game already. Probably should have added that onto the adjusted list

Makes me sad to see a player go 10-0 in swiss then be knocked out like that
  • Upvote 2

Blacklisted    1330

feelsbadman long dao.

Both games he could have avoided losing pretty sure tho

NB96    857
Yeah he could have waited and used dweller in end phase then strike it to save himself from 8000 lp deficit from life equalizer. Still I think its bullshit that you must open dweller + strike to have a chance g1
  • Upvote 1

AlMacuby    96

Half of the losses in the stream were through missplays which is a good sign for the format (less sacks). Game 2 in the Finals, Game 1 in the Top 4 ,the Battle Fader Time-out etc.

• Upvote 1

Yeah he could have waited and used dweller in end phase then strike it to save himself from 8000 lp deficit from life equalizer. Still I think its bullshit that you must open dweller + strike to have a chance g1

he used dweller that turn :S

»Digbick    7262

Half of the losses in the stream were through missplays which is a good sign for the format (less sacks). Game 2 in the Finals, Game 1 in the Top 4 ,the Battle Fader Time-out etc.

Nah, eu just suck at yugioh.

Mr Dragon    312

Nah, eu just suck at yugioh.

A bit rich given that there's still more misplays on your average ARG Stream. 

• Upvote 3

so i heard the winner was caught cheating on stream multiple times [trying to normal summon twice in two separate matches, sending pendulum synchro materials to grave instead of extra so he could make IF live, not resolving that tech card he played (pendulum rising??) correctly by keeping the monster after he ended his turn, etc]. Wonder if he'll get penalized.