HyperBeam

Ancient player haha who still plays?

HyperBeam    4
Sup peeps who's still alive since 06/08?

Gonna play some DN online anyone around to show me the way that'd be cool.

Gonna attend a Sydney YCS tournament and gey destroyed tips appreciated :)

Is DGZ still drama heaven or has that changed????

Cheers

»Noelle    5778

I'm not qualified to talk about before-my-time but basically the consensus is what is left here is the shattered remnants of a once-strong community that has been trumped mostly by both superior forms of social media and people quitting (the latter being something we have recently discussed the root causes of.) There is still a small Australian community here that I'm sure can help you, along with the rest of us, the only newer issue is cliques forming that aren't very keen or open to discussion for two reasons, one being they just don't care about the idea of a community or helping other players, and the other being the fear that it will hurt them in the next event (both obviously being linked.) As a result, deck discussion barring few exceptions that stealth braggingly usually involve myself and some onlookers, has all but turned to shit. Best bet is hooking up with individuals to show you the way rather than relying on the forum posts themselves. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

»Tygo    14094

I'm not qualified to talk about before-my-time but basically the consensus is what is left here is the shattered remnants of a once-strong community that has been trumped mostly by both superior forms of social media and people quitting (the latter being something we have recently discussed the root causes of.) There is still a small Australian community here that I'm sure can help you, along with the rest of us, the only newer issue is cliques forming that aren't very keen or open to discussion for two reasons, one being they just don't care about the idea of a community or helping other players, and the other being the fear that it will hurt them in the next event (both obviously being linked.) As a result, deck discussion barring few exceptions that stealth braggingly usually involve myself and some onlookers, has all but turned to shit. Best bet is hooking up with individuals to show you the way rather than relying on the forum posts themselves. Good luck.

You are officially Earl 2.0.
  • Upvote 16

Soul    7936

^I'd agree with you but that was actually the shortest and most concise post hes made in a little while. he also managed to sum up the ygo section pretty well. 

• Upvote 10

»ACP    33376

I will add that DGZ has no more real drama anymore. No more rivalries, call-outs, etc. If the yugioh boards are half as good as they were in 2008, then the SMASH'D forum is about 1% as good as it was in 2008.

• Upvote 2

+mmf    23362
what if we had allen wrestle a bear and post a vid in smashd would that bring life back to the section
i think that would constitute real drama
  • Upvote 1

»ACP    33376

That's more along the lines of a really dark comedy than it is a drama.

+mmf    23362

That's more along the lines of a really dark comedy than it is a drama.

you dont find anything dramatic about the experience of potentially fighting for your life against a large creature from the woods ?

»Tygo    14094

frogman u a bitch

@me

sm4sh'd

tygo more like lil bitch

: ^ )

God that fucking face irks me more than it should.
  • Upvote 3

mark    3104

There is no such thing as "before-Earl's-time"

+rei+    34403
Fuck man whats up?
Im pretty sure we were on a few teams together
  • Upvote 1

ggggg    3610

hi beam this is giel idk if u remember me

was playing ur water goats deck recently :)

RIP this site tho 

• Upvote 1

HyperBeam    4

lol hey dudes i remmember all of u guys haha yeah rei we were on the same team a few times, you still run the show here yeah?

shame to hear that you guys feel the forums are less than what they were but hey thats life.

cool to see so many people post a warm welcoming :) thx.

Mongoose    92

yoooo hyperbeam holy shit, weren't you on zelda guide forums w me and rose duelist back in like 04-05? 

I remember you broke one of the formats with a yata-lock based on some jujitsu monster and that trap card that stops your opponent from drawing next turn. Good shit, you were a legend. 

I havent been back on this board for a few years but poked my head in randomly and couldnt resist saying Hi. If you're looking for card games to play I just started Hearthstone which I find to be pretty similar to yugimons. 

ps hi rei 

+mmf    23362
im serious its a bear from the woods allen its a str8 killa it can't just go to the store for food like us privileged humans its always out there hustling u think it would jus sit around and make British jokes while u tried to wrestle it?

what drama is better than the struggle of man against nature?

now taking preorders for the dvd release of the match

»Starwind    1777

yoooo hyperbeam holy shit, weren't you on zelda guide forums w me and rose duelist back in like 04-05? 

I remember you broke one of the formats with a yata-lock based on some jujitsu monster and that trap card that stops your opponent from drawing next turn. Good shit, you were a legend. 

I havent been back on this board for a few years but poked my head in randomly and couldnt resist saying Hi. If you're looking for card games to play I just started Hearthstone which I find to be pretty similar to yugimons. 

ps hi rei 

Holy shit it's Mongoose

• Upvote 2

»Pharaoh Atem    15752

The Original still exists.