Elements

Adjustment to Forbidden & Limited Cards List, plus 1 Errata

brighteyes    2150
Hold up since when has there been a Magical Explosion deck in the works?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It really feels like they nuked the one deck that was keeping a ton of degenerate shit in check. Without Damage Juggler around Magical Explosion gets pretty obnoxious. Without Ptol -> Infinity and Juggler, Chain Burn could be a real threat depending on how easy the new decks have access to Trapeze. Infinity and Nightmare were 2 of the best turn 1 setups against the Synchro Fusionist deck, but both of those are way harder to make now. If decks have lower ceilings, there's a deck that makes turn 1 quasar backed by a trap or flood like 85-90% of the time too, and that might be good enough. 

It was also so easy to beat retards playing the pendulum deck, I'm definitely going to miss that when they all migrate to Kozmo or Monarch.

Let's be serious here.

Burn is never a threat. Every deck is either too fast or has way to much disruption for it to ever be a threat.

If people want to suicide bomb then let them. It's a fundemental part of every strategy game that people should be aware of.

I actually find it really sad you are complaining that now you cannot create auto win umbreakable boards turn 1 before your opponent even gets their turn. Seriously? Like removing interaction is not a good thing. I'm over the moon I don't have to deal with Infinity T1 now.

Also bitching about your free wins not being so free is just such a ridiculous thing to whine about. Now your issue is variance which exists and should be accepted because at the end of the day a good player will have a positive record in general to a scrub playing a good deck.

All of these updates were good. Just not good relative to the release of the product they came from.

I'm not saying the changes were bad at all, just that they had side effects other people might be overlooking. People are celebrating about Pepe being gone, without realizing that while that deck isn't soft locking you turn 1, now a bunch of actual FTKs are a lot more viable than they were previously. The game power creeped a lot in the last 6 months, even ignoring the Pendulum decks. 

The changes were, in my opinion, a band-aid on a problem a lot of people don't even realize exists because Damage Juggler, and actual good decks having soft-ftks, was keeping things in check.

~ness00~    1013

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in with a quick comment.

If anyone wants to provide some feedback directly to Konami about these changes in a calm and constructive manner, I recommend sending in an email to your region's Customer Service department.

America: us-cardsupport@konami.com

Europe/Oceania: yugioh@konami-europe.net

You can also comment here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/YuGiOhTCGEU/posts/719301771545297

These official channels aren't a place to "vent", there are plenty of places for that, but your feedback is welcome. 

You'll have to excuse me if I believe Konami doesn't read my e-mails, so I'll just post here. Anyone feel free to copypaste it amd send it.

There are at least two immediate problems I see with this decision of an adjusted Forbidden/Limited List, and they have nothing to do with the contents of the list, as opposed to most of the feedback Konami will receive.

The first problem lies in how it is executed: You have some events using one format, and other events using a different format. This substracts usefulness to the cards people already own, as a player cannot use the same Deck in a Local tournament as well as a Regional tournament, or a YCS. A potential counterargument to this is that if some cards become less useful (or are forbidden altogether), then other cards become more useful, but this is not the case in a split format, as these newly useful cards only gain value in some events. These two tiers of events are not equal. We are not getting an Advanced Format YCS, or an Adjusted format OTS. This effectively stops players that follow one format to access the other without modifying their Deck, and while this might seem like an inevitable consequence of having more than one format, the prohibition of holding a tier of events in one format or the other detracts people from playing either format altogether. Why play at Local tournaments if it is not good practice for tier 2 events? Why play at tier 2 events if you cannot use the Deck you are familiar with from Local tournaments? It creates an unnecessary rift between the players who can't agree on which one is the "real" format.

Which brings me to the next point: The lack of communication with the players from Konami. Konami said that the last two formats will not have a finishing date in order to gain more flexibility. Very well, what has Konami done with this flexibility? First, they stretched the July format for over a month, into November. Then the November format, which was expected to finish at January extends across that month and into early Febraury. Then we get an announcement that the format does keep extending "for a month or two", but only for some events. "A month or two" of delay is not only a significantly large gap for an otherwise quarterly format change, but also does not tell the players when will this divide end. Just "sometime", you figure out what to do until then

The reason multiple formats work is because they are supported parallelly, as opposed to one format taking from the other. And even if one of them is unsupported, players need to know when the format will change. Right now, players need to build one Deck to play one format, rebuild it to play at a tier 2 event, de-build it to go back to playing tier 1 events, and even if they stick to only one format, they still have no idea for how long this will last.

People are celebrating about Pepe being gone

This will be most of the feedback: "I'm glad/pissed that this Deck is not viable".

since when has there been a Magical Explosion deck in the works?

They have been playing Monarch Equalizer in the OCG for a few months. It was a lot less viable last format, because Juggler was a card. Then Juggler was banned, and it became viable again, even if there are still a number of counters.

It hasn't exactly been dominating, but it's a thing.

• Upvote 4

Fullerene60    381

People are too in trauma to make jokes

was in a group chat on skype and the whole chat got triggered

anyway its a triangle meta now, Monarchs destroy kozmo so monarchs will be played more, Water destroys Monarch so water will be played more, Kozmo destroy water so it will be played more.There is no best deck.

whoops meant to downvote, just letting you know that that statement is not well tested and ignorant

• Upvote 6

LOL are you guys new?

This is not out-of-character for Konami. They've been doing this shit for years.

Yugioh has always been a cycle of print broken cards, ban broken cards, print new broken cards, and it always will be. If you don't like it then try playing a game that doesn't suck balls.

its a lways a scam really, The prices spike like crazy out of reach of 95% of the playerbase, so you can't casually put together some half decent competitive deck, then everything gets banned or reprinted anyways, making your collection worthless unable to trade it away for newer stuff.

should just boycott this emergency list really have   BOSH is completely 100% worthless as a set now, there is nothing to open the boxes for, like 4 card out of 100 is actually being played or worth anything?

Kozmo tincan - $2 - 6

Solemn Strike $50 ish

Rafflesia $8-15

Twin Twisters $15 +

what else in the set is being played?

But i guess i somewhat agree about future investment, I guess people will now think oh there is a reason to buy newer stuff since one deck isn't overshadowing the meta,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Nate1080    1224
Not to nitpick, but Twin Twisters are 9-10, where are you seeing $15? Lol

Also, what is boycotting or getting angry going to do? I'll let you know that it won't do a damn thing, either quit or deal with it.

Lastly, very obviously this "adjusted" list was a move to get future sets to sell, like the Wing Raiders pack or Monarchs. Pepe being the best, complete, deck would theoretically hurt the sales of future packs until the deck got hit. This move will actually make them more money in the long run imo.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

anduril38    358

We live in the UK, which has hugely inflated card prices in comparison to everywhere else >.> Here, Twin Twisters are £8-10 a piece. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me.    59

Can't UK buy from cardmarket like us normal europeans?

anduril38    358

People generally use Ebay as a basic valuing tool over here, as Cardmarket is using a weaker currency instead of the Pound...It's mad *shrugs*. What I tend to do is buy smaller stuff off Cardmarket for around a 3rd of the price of UK prices and sell them on easily. It doesn't help that shipping to the UK from Europe is generally inflated and taxed too, as well as shipping from the states. 

Ebay valuing our prices are generally far worse then other places in the world, but at same time can sell for such inflated. 

Mr Dragon    310

There's also a big point of the fact that a lot of people here don't trust cardmarket for whatever reason. 

• Upvote 4

Me.    59

How other people in the UK value their cards and if they trust cardmarket or not shouldn't affect your ability to just buy from cardmarket for lower prices instead of buying the overpriced cards in the UK?

Elements    569

People generally use Ebay as a basic valuing tool over here, as Cardmarket is using a weaker currency instead of the Pound...It's mad *shrugs*. What I tend to do is buy smaller stuff off Cardmarket for around a 3rd of the price of UK prices and sell them on easily. It doesn't help that shipping to the UK from Europe is generally inflated and taxed too, as well as shipping from the states. 

Ebay valuing our prices are generally far worse then other places in the world, but at same time can sell for such inflated. 

There is a reason most of here buy from card market and sell on ebay.

There's also a big point of the fact that a lot of people here don't trust cardmarket for whatever reason. 

Those people are stupid. Avoid buying from Italy ( shitty postal system ) if you can but that applies to ebay aswell. 

Sess    280

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in with a quick comment.

If anyone wants to provide some feedback directly to Konami about these changes in a calm and constructive manner, I recommend sending in an email to your region's Customer Service department.

America: us-cardsupport@konami.com

Europe/Oceania: yugioh@konami-europe.net

You can also comment here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/YuGiOhTCGEU/posts/719301771545297

These official channels aren't a place to "vent", there are plenty of places for that, but your feedback is welcome. 

I surprisingly managed to get a reply from the US email. But it basically said they won't listen or it is a generic response.

Dear Gamer:

Thank you for contacting Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

Unfortunately, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. does not accept game ideas from the general public because of legal issues. While Konami appreciates your interest in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, we are unable to consider your submissions.

Happy Dueling,

<Specific persons name edited out>

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc

Customer Service Team

Hours of Operation 8:30 to 5:00 pm PST (M –F)

• Upvote 9

»ACP    33401

"Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. does not accept game ideas from the general public because of legal issues."

They actually expect anyone to buy that? Yes Konami, please tell me about all of the laws that you're breaking by taking suggestions from your customers. That statement is so cringeworthy that I can barely even believe that it's real.

• Upvote 18

I surprisingly managed to get a reply from the US email. But it basically said they won't listen or it is a generic response.

Dear Gamer:

Thank you for contacting Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

Unfortunately, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. does not accept game ideas from the general public because of legal issues. While Konami appreciates your interest in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, we are unable to consider your submissions.

Happy Dueling,

<Specific persons name edited out>

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc

Customer Service Team

Hours of Operation 8:30 to 5:00 pm PST (M –F)

konami handling suggestions and comments about banlist

https://youtu.be/Y_96fM_VdL8?t=14

• Upvote 8

+mmf    23481
LOL

Warthog    165
Holy shit that has to be fake. Now I must send my suggestion to get the same shitty response.

Eternal    13
To be fair to Konami, WotC has a similar policy in regards to various fan submissions, but that seems like it usually only applies to create-a-cards since that's when Rosewater usually refers to that policy.

Seems like it might just be a generic automated response from Konami due to other people flooding that address with fan shit. Which does change the question to how are people supposed to actually leave feedback if a robot is the only thing reading the emails.

Ostaph    73

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback.

While I can't answer your concerns directly I will forward it to our Gameplay team who will take it into consideration.

Kind regards,
-Alex

They do answer though.

• Upvote 2

+mmf    23481
its reasonable to not take suggestions from their consumers but it jus looks bad when someone literally says "if u have constructive criticism regarding this thing that happened send it here" as in like some koomy higher up told PJ to say that and then that's the response

»PJ    4183

its reasonable to not take suggestions from their consumers but it jus looks bad when someone literally says "if u have constructive criticism regarding this thing that happened send it here" as in like some koomy higher up told PJ to say that and then that's the response

Nobody "higher up" told me to post here, I merely provided an official way of sending in feedback.

Side-note: I don't work directly with the Customer Service teams, I was just trying to get you guys to post something where it would be read/heard.

Many thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the official Facebook post by the way. Comments have been compiled/linked and sent on.

• Upvote 2

boots88    124

So did anyone here/anyone you know that owned Pepe actually quit playing the game irl because of this list?

• Upvote 1

So did anyone here/anyone you know that owned Pepe actually quit playing the game irl because of this list?

I know a couple people from my relatively small local decided to take a break. Whether they come back in a month or two is another question entirely. 

Indignation    2854

I know one person who quit for almost 48 hours. :) I think that was the longest of the people who said they were quitting. 

Me.    59

I know one person who quit for almost 48 hours. :) I think that was the longest of the people who said they were quitting. 

I'm impressed by that person.