Sign in to follow this  
Paraliel

Shadows over Innistrad Spoilers

Mutavault    2900

Dead Weight reprint this set is going to be powerful!

*crosses fingers* Please reprint Tragic Slip!

Also wonder what new Jace will do (will be watered since every jace they make after a good one they tone it down a lot.

+Gemstone Mine    2573

new spoilers out. One of which is black delver-lite

it flips way more consistently than delver, but discard a card is less free and it costs one more, so idk.

+Gojira    1702

it flips way more consistently than delver, but discard a card is less free and it costs one more, so idk.

It's not even near the power level of delver lol. The comparison is not there.

+Gemstone Mine    2573

of course it's not. Delver easily makes top 3 most powerful creatures ever printed.  But that def doesn't make it bad.

The point was that it's a delver style card, not omg next delver op op. It might be good in standard or even modern if it can find a home because it has significantly less deckbuilding restriction than delver. It has less of the power of course, but again, delver's an insanely good card anyways, a black delver would be insane.

• Upvote 1

+Paraliel+    7994

It's not even near the power level of delver lol. The comparison is not there.

It has a black color wheel ability that flips into a 3/2 flier. The comparison is there. The power level is not the same as you said, but the comparison exists.

+Gemstone Mine    2573

the new removal tho, 1w exile target creature and all other creature sharing it's name, that player player investigates for each non token creature removed (investigate being get an artifact 2 colorless sac it draw a card)

I guess it depends on how good investigate is as a mechanic. Eventually replacing itself with another card is definitely not great, but the fact that it costs 2 mana to get a benefit back makes it certainly interesting. Depends on what other quality removal we get, although if they aren't bringing back doom blade-esque cards in general then this might just be the best form of removal when khans rotates

I also loved actual new delver. Even if it is a terrible card.

+Gemstone Mine    2573

limited bomb, but idk how good it is in constructed. Feels a lot like dark perdition where the effect is great and in theory is great efficiency because it's got an anger effect basically making it ww + anger in  one card, but probably way too high on the curve to really be playable.

+Gojira    1702

For standard, 5 mana is definitely not too much. The fact that it can blank a removal spell, has a good body, and has a situational bonus effect makes me think it will see play. 

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1888
I'd be surprised if Avacyn didn't see constructed play. You can do something like flash it in, have a sac outlet, flip to deal 3, swing for 6. 9 damage out of nowhere is big game.

+Gojira    1702

Didn't even think of scions, it's effect is really easy to pull off then even in a non-sacrifice oriented deck.

Darthflaw    124

I mean no more wingmate so there is way less competition now.

Also works well with scions and probabky the best target for displacer atm.

Despite costing roughly a million mana, her plus displacer sounds like the best thing since Thragtusk and Resto.