Sign in to follow this  
Paraliel

Shadows over Innistrad Spoilers

Mutavault    2900

Digraph Colossas, traverse, TITI, Drownyard Temple,  Westvale Abbey, Anguished Unmaking, Heir of Falkanwrath, Fiery Temper, Invasive Surgery and maybe Topplegeist (it flies and has a very relevant ability in creature combat matchups it would be awful if it didn't fly or wasn't a spirit)

JAndrees    109

Doesn't appear that we're getting a land cycle in this set.  I figured it would have been spoiled by now.  Pretty sure they're doing one land cycle every other block now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/4asv6w/drownyard_temple/d137afy

still hope?

I was thinking about that, but if there is a land cycle, they'd do it in 5's.  I was fully expecting us to get allied pain lands, but for that to be the case, Adarkar Wastes would have to be 270 (I think), so that's out.

It's just very unlike them to not have the lands spoiled by now, especially for those of us who want to prepare for Baltimore's SCG and other events that release weekend.

On top of that, we should be having a Modern list update shortly.

Mutavault    2900

corruptedtombstone.jpg

Corrupted Tombstone enters the battlefield tapped.

T: Choose a card in your graveyard. Add one mana of that card's color to your mana pool.

Card is quite good imo. I can hope for a mental note reprint now or thought scour.

+Paraliel+    7994

They might wait til next week so there are exciting things to leak next week with this week being Planeswalker hype week.

Woo go me for being right :x

+Paraliel+    7994

Am I the only one surprised about the duals being allied colors?

We just lost allied fetches. If they were enemy colors it'd be 3-1.
  • Upvote 1

Mutavault    2900

The new lands are neat idea but they play really bad with what we have currently.

Start with this reveal your Tengo then your Tengo comes into play tapped. Or...start with your Tengo and play this now you need another one or a basic in hand right away, I think your aggro decks might just have to be 1 color now or suffer from the guild gate syndrome that b/r zombies had to a couple years ago.

• Upvote 1

POLLUTEDxDELTA    1888
Lots of layers and angles on Sin Prodder, card is very powerful. 3 power Menace gives it both a relevant source of damage and difficult to block in the early game. Menace also sets up blow outs in combat with removal spells. The card draw either draws cards, filters lands, or pings for more damage on top of the 3 power you are swinging with. I'll willing to bet every red deck plays four of these until it rotates in 18 months, much like Jace.

New lands are interesting with BFZ lands. SOI lands really want BFZ lands, but not the other way around.
  • Upvote 1

Mutavault    2900

triskaidekaphobia.jpg

OMG the Flavor in this card!

Also might be one of the most fun Timmy constructed playable cards of all time.

Without fetch, shock, thoughtsieze or rhino this isn't as unbelievable as it may seem at first. The biggest drawback this card is going to have is opponent holding their pain land untapped just to burn themselves out of range when you choose the "lose a life mode gg" and since the way this works is you have to choose and the card's effect on the stack happens when you choose not just within the upkeep you can't trick them with the gain life option either.

A control deck for example would have a much harder time with this card. You can slam it then play the 13 game with a deck that can't manipulate its life total easily. Poke them down with some creature lands. The Wandering Fumerole mind games with 1 damage vs. 4 depending on the situation. It sounds too good to be true but its not out of the question imo.

Even so this thing is hella sweet and probably the newest best flavor win of the set and accross multiple sets of magic.

JAndrees    109

You need a five power creature to kill it in combat... that's not bad.

Testing this new Standard has been awesome though.  I'm going to Baltimore so we've been testing with what we know all week.  It's been a hell of a ride.

»Relianah    4515

I don't think he means the downside on how it can die to a 5 power flier/reach lol, at the top end of a aggro deck, 4 mana 4 dmg with a body behind is quite insane

ThatOneGuy    2005

Yeah, I'd be pretty amused to see someone trying to target a player with Lightning Axe too.

• Upvote 1

Mutavault    2900

I mean in theory it seems great but then you play actual magic and then you start punching each other in your mid range decks, it smashes you then you attack with like a 4/4, removal on the end step they took 8, massive tempo swing and now they have to use that angel to block in fear of more damage.

This is the mind set of "oh modern uwr control won't clock me i can be liberal with my life total" then in end step bolt, snap bolt attack with snap take 8. The damage is a very real thing when you start actually playing games.

aurirevoir    2860

triskaidekaphobia.jpg

OMG the Flavor in this card!

Also might be one of the most fun Timmy constructed playable cards of all time.

Without fetch, shock, thoughtsieze or rhino this isn't as unbelievable as it may seem at first. The biggest drawback this card is going to have is opponent holding their pain land untapped just to burn themselves out of range when you choose the "lose a life mode gg" and since the way this works is you have to choose and the card's effect on the stack happens when you choose not just within the upkeep you can't trick them with the gain life option either.

A control deck for example would have a much harder time with this card. You can slam it then play the 13 game with a deck that can't manipulate its life total easily. Poke them down with some creature lands. The Wandering Fumerole mind games with 1 damage vs. 4 depending on the situation. It sounds too good to be true but its not out of the question imo.

Even so this thing is hella sweet and probably the newest best flavor win of the set and accross multiple sets of magic.

this is my favorite card in the set

Mutavault    2900

vesselofnascency.jpg

This is how they are triggering Delirium in standard and limited. The card is also good imo. Top 4 grab any permanent for essentially 2.  Starting as an enchantment helps with Delirium more than it would seem also since that is one of the more "fringe" card types. This into a walker/creature, instant/sorc play evolving wilds poof delirum achieved. I think there will be at least 1 more playable delirium card before the set is released.

Mutavault    2900

Awesome they reprinted catalog. Very awesome in limited and it saw constructed play sometimes and with very few draw and blue madness outlets, this will see play this time around more than before.

• Upvote 1