petqwe

It seems Dragons just got a better Future Fusion

petqwe    286

Look at these effects.

[spoiler]

Arcbrave Dragon

lv7/light/dragon 2400/2000

When special summoned from grave, remove all opponent faceup s/t, then +200 atk/def for each.

If this card is sent to the grave, during the next standby phase, special summon a lv7/8 Dragon monster from your grave, except Arcbrave Dragon.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Paladin of Felgrand

lv4/light/warrior 1700/300

When normal/special summoned, equip a lv7/8 dragon from hand/deck to this card.

While this card has an equip card equipped, this card is unaffected by other monster effects.

Tribute this and 1 other moster on your side of the field, special summon a lv7/8 Dragon monster from the grave.

[/spoiler]

And so it begins...

Setup: 1 monster on field, Paladin of Felgrand in hand, Dragunity Arms Leyvaten in grave

Summon Paladin, equip Light and Darkness Dragon from deck

Send Paladin and monster to grave, revive Leyvaten

C1 LaDD target Paladin, C2 Leyvaten target LaDD

Resolve, equip Ladd, then LaDD effect destroy all (Leyvaten and LaDD itself) and summon Paladin

C1 LaDD target Leyvaten, C2 Paladin

Resolve, equip Leyvaten2 from deck, then LaDD effect destroy all (Paladin is unaffected by monster effect, Leyvaten2 destroyed) and summon Leyvaten1

Leyvaten1 equip LaDD, Paladin effect send itself and Leyvaten1 to summon Leyvaten2

============================== Start of loop ========================================

C1 LaDD target Paladin, C2 Leyvaten target LaDD

Resolve, equip Ladd, then LaDD effect destroy all (Leyvaten and LaDD itself) and summon Paladin

C1 LaDD target Leyvaten, C2 Paladin

Resolve, equip whatever from deck, then LaDD effect destroy that monster and summon Leyvaten

============================== End of loop ========================================

See, that bolded part is the monster to Foolish. Send 3 Arcbrave Dragon to grave. Then break the loop with any field you like.

Next turn during your opponent's standby phase, those 3 Arcbrave Dragon activate, summon a massive field, which may include Amorphage Irritum.

If I am not mistaken, Arcbrave's standby phase effect resolves in different chains (like GB), now you summon 3 Leyvaten equipping 3 Arcbrave Dragon. If they punch through the Leyvaten you revive it next turn, and if they don't, you make a R8 yourself.

Good luck fighting against all these nonsense fields.

• Upvote 19

Me.    58

I think this is a worse future fusion because future fusion requires no setup, doesn't eat the normal summon, and doesn't make you risk drawing ladd and leyvaten. I don't see how you pull this off without it being at least a 3 card combo, while future fusion is only 1 card.

ensane    163

It's good in the context that the same decks that can use this can also access crystal wing synchro dragon and the new galaxy hope xyz

petqwe    286

Was not clear in the loop, the first monster to Foolish should be Leyvaten. Corrected.

And of course Future Fusion is better lol

NB96    859

Summoner Monk seems perfect in this deck since you can play an abundance of spells to discard and it gets you the second monster easily. The most difficult thing about this combo is just getting the second monster on the field to go along with Paladin of Felgrand. The other cards you need feel like child's play to get to between all the drawing you can do with Trade-In/Cards of Consonance, Upstarts, Chicken Game etc.

Any ideas of how to consistently get that second monster? Summoner Monk is a good start but I wanna find more cards to make it work. I've also been using Goblindbergfh since Paladin is a Warrior as well as ROTA so if I draw one I can search the other.

• Upvote 1

Mr Dragon    312

Any ideas of how to consistently get that second monster? Summoner Monk is a good start but I wanna find more cards to make it work. I've also been using Goblindbergfh since Paladin is a Warrior as well as ROTA so if I draw one I can search the other.

Brilliant Fusion? There's a bunch of level 7/8 light Dragons it can work with.

Summoner Monk seems perfect in this deck since you can play an abundance of spells to discard and it gets you the second monster easily. The most difficult thing about this combo is just getting the second monster on the field to go along with Paladin of Felgrand. The other cards you need feel like child's play to get to between all the drawing you can do with Trade-In/Cards of Consonance, Upstarts, Chicken Game etc.

Monk can't be tributed (Paladin tributes according to ygorg). If you open monk double spell you could make lavalval chain and set up the loop a rank 4 and then go off.

Terraforming lets you play Ravine, which is obviously strong - you have 6 foolish for Levy and trade-in in case you draw it.

NB96    859

Monk can't be tributed (Paladin tributes according to ygorg). If you open monk double spell you could make lavalval chain and set up the loop a rank 4 and then go off.

Terraforming lets you play Ravine, which is obviously strong - you have 6 foolish for Levy and trade-in in case you draw it.

Damn I didn't remember that part of Monk. I've been running a Blue-Eyes build to try and make this work. It's probably shit but here's what I've got. Bear in mind I literally have not a clue what I'm doing.

k9zuhRW.png

I'm still trying to learn this loop without referring back to the OP but it's really fucking hard to remember for me lol

byak    4478

Dragon Ravine discard Trickclown?

NB96    859

The more testing I do with this deck, the more inconsistent it feels. I think rather than focus on this combo, the most important cards to look at are these two:

OQaHCCC.png?1

If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard: You can banish as many face-up Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each card banished by this effect. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard because it was sent there since the last Standby Phase: You can target 1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type monster in your Graveyard, except "Arkbrave Dragon"; Special Summon it.

eMLIwPD.png?1

3 Level 9 monsters

You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Galaxy-Eyes" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon. When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can send 3 Dragon-Type monsters with different names from your Deck to the Graveyard; your opponent banishes 3 monsters from their Deck. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase this turn.

When it comes down to it, Dark Matter is still an amazing card that deserves to have decks built around even without the Dragon Rulers. It just needed the right cards to send. Eclipse Wyvern would have been just amazing if there was a way to banish it from the graveyard; I would play this deck if even just one Dragon Ruler was unbanned, no matter which one. You can run a deck which focuses on just summoning Dark Matter and sending one or two Arkbrave's and one or two good Dragon cards to revive and make a great field. Amorphage Irritum seems highly important for achieving this goal because it has a great effect to stop the opponent using their extra deck.

I mean the combo in the OP is like Future Fusion but why not just summon Dark Matter and get straight to it? How much synergy do Paladin/Guardian of Felgrand have with the Hieratics? Seems like it *might* work since their effects involve tributing stuff, so you can just summon Tefnuit + one of them and just try to combo from there perhaps into some good field. The Blue-Eyes might work well with Hieratics because it's like a good Dragon-based draw engine on one hand, and on the other they actually help you build a field because you can turbo into Soul Charge/Left Arm Offering, or into Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon to get out your level 8's asap.

A concept list:

3x Tefnuit
3x Su
3x Eset
3x Convocation

3x BEWD
3x Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon
3x White Stone of Legend
2-3x White Stone of Antiquity (might be necessary because you need more level 1 tuners for Cards of Consonance if three isn't consistent enough).
0-1x Sage with Eyes of Blue (idk if searching a tuner for Convocation would be important or not)

3x Arkbrave Dragon
1x Labradorite Dragon
3x Legendary Maju Garzett
1x Amorphage Irritum
0-3x Guardian/Paladin of Felgrand (again, idk if these cards work or not in Hieratics)

You might still have spots left for draw spells such as Trade-In or Cards of Consonance, Soul Charge, Left Arm Offering (to search Soul Charge) or Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. The focus of the deck obviously being just summon Dark Matter and get to where you want to be without messing about with all this LADD/Draguity stuff that isn't so reliable. With all thse Lights and Darks you have room for BLS if you want, alternatively the mini Chaos dragons Wyverburster and Collapserpent.

y6oK37c.png?1

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Blue-Eyes" monsters

Neither player can Special Summon 2 or more monsters at the same time. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card effect activates in the Graveyard: You can negate that activation. During either player's turn: You can Tribute this Synchro Summoned card; Special Summon 1 LIGHT Dragon-Type Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck in face-up Defense Position, except "Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon", but destroy it during the End Phase of this turn.

Hieratics + Labradorite let you summon Ultimaya T'Zolkin, who lets you tutor out many great Synchros. For example, make Ultimaya then set a card, letting you summon your Blue-Eyes Spirit into Azure Eyes, start reviving all your stuff by reusing Arkbrave and BEWD. SHVI also lets play this card:

dJCts8D.png?1

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when another monster's effect is activated: You can negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it, and if you do that, this card gains ATK equal to the original ATK of the destroyed monster, until the end of this turn. If this card battles an opponent's Level 5 or higher monster, during damage calculation: This card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling, during damage calculation only.

so if you draw an awkward hand you can make this card and stall for a turn, and then just overrun the field using Ultimaya again next turn.

You also have other maindeck options for Dark Matter; Mythic Tree Dragon/Barbaros + Mythic Water even though Redox and Tidal are banned I suppose. In addition, Sacred Sword of Seven Stars banishes useless drawn Arkbraves if there were other level 7's to run, while A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon has the surprise factor and works with Blue-Eyes and Hieratics (e.g. on Tefnuit, and you can just use it on Alternative White Dragon, then re-summon it once again). Twin Twisters might be better than Sacred Swords since it kills their defense, but also lets your Arkbrave trigger, also helping account for Dragons' weakness to traps. You can also maintain your hand using White Stone of Legend to have live discards for it.

All this Dragunity/Ladd combo is quite cute but I think if you're running Dragons with these new cards, Dark Matter is probably just the best way to go, since it initiates so much of your deck's engine in one card. Dark Matter might tie everything together if you can make it work; be it with Hieratics or perhaps with another engine I haven't considered. The Felgrand pair might be great with Hieratics but I can't think of a good combo with them right now.

EDIT: Just re-read Dark Matter can't send multiple Arkbrave's but the card is still unfair. Left Arm Offering is the savior for Dragon decks, you fill the graveyard so quick then Soul Charge into great fields. Considering you have 4 Soul Charge plus all the draw power from the Blue-Eyes engine is works pretty consistent from my practice games so far.

• Upvote 6

Sanjura    6663
all this shit seems awkward as fuck. can't there be something else we can utilize that isn't levyathan and LADD? if you're not dumping a shitton to the grave at once then they become absolutely awful cards to see

Sanjura    6663

so im going to guess the only reason this isnt being talked about much in ocgland is because dracoslayer.dek is that much better than anything else. otherwise, i dont see how shit like this isnt getting more attention:

TEmUQGG.png

the fact that we can search soul charge now makes this even more absurd. who the fuck printed a 3k psudeo naturia beast anyway. that LADD/Levyathan shit seems hardly necessary, nor does Paladin, when all you need to do is just draw a shitton of cards and ways to dump dragons + soul charge for a game-winning field on the first fucking turn.

DukeLukewarm    121

yes

of course all it really did was reinforce dracopal's position as the best deck because they can make it with dracoslayers

NB96    859
Ya I think you just wanna play a Blue Eyes engine with the Trade-Ins, Cards of Consonance etc to completely flood your graveyard full of monsters so that you Soul Charge it all back. You really need to be dropping fields like double Felgrand or double Titanic Galaxy to really stand a chance against serious decks though.

Sanjura    6663
i actually think lancelot is really underrated and having that paired along with felgrand/titanic would be far more powerful than double of the same monster boards. in that above pic I only opted for dark matter in the small chance that vanity and my whole board got outted.

The_Be(a)sT    967
The largest problem of Lancelot is that the effect is mandatory.

NB96    859
Well yeah I mean no matter what you wanna end your turn with two rank 8's even if they aren't the same monsters. Either way you need a deck that can drop a Dark Matter consistently before you activate Soul Charge. That way you can drop a load of level 8's and go into your rank 8 field. So the question is what the best engine to to get there.

I thought about revisiting the whole Dark Matter Hieratic idea from a year ago which was my preferred version of the deck. Obviously you can drop Dark Matter with the Hieratic engine but also you get Ultimaya T'Zolkin when you want, Tongue Twister is great for that purpose and helps you drop something like Beelze + T'Zolkin and even dig for Left Arm Offering/Soul Charge with those two draws.

Alternatively you can go for Blue-Eyes with the new support from SHVI, Alternative Dragon summons itself consistently enough and you could try and pair it with Beast King Barbaros as a lv 8 normal summon to drop your Dark Matter even easier. You can also flood your grave with Trade-In and Cards of Consonance to make powerful fields, Azure-Eyes White Dragon can be summoned in the opponents turn after SHVI so they probably aren't breaking your field unless they're using Monarchs.

Amorphage Irritum is a one-of, you don't want to draw it but just summoning it off an Arkbrave is pretty good. My main problem with Arkbrave though is that I was often summoning janky monsters off of it; sure Blue-Eyes has 3000 atk but that doesn't really defend your field and it's underwhelming to summon it tbh. I think Irritum is a good start to solving that problem but to make it work someone needs to come up with a list that drops Dark Matter consistently.

I just think even with Irritum, you can't really make a great field without Soul Charge. Sure you have 4 of it but that isn't enough to get you through a reasonably competitive tournament. The deck needs to work even if you don't get Soul Charge; maybe Hieratics with Uktimaya T'Zolkin, Tongue Twister, Dragon's Bund/Vanity's Emptiness, Legendary Maju Garzett etc is a decent solution. Any deck can make a good turn 1 field with Soul Charge so it has to bring something else to the table.

NB96    859
Also the fact that drawing Arkbrave is frustrating; it's not a level 8 for Trade-In and nobody is running Sacred Sword of Seven Stars without the Dragon Rulers.

In fact it's probably better to ignore Arkbrave Dragon in the Hieratic version, you're already going to be dead drawing vanillas as it is and Arkbrave only makes it worse.

NB96    859
Ok the Hieratic version without Arkbrave sucks because it's actually just regular Hieratics at that point; that wont cut it 2016.

I'll keep trying but I think unless we get back a Dragon Ruler, this deck will do nothing. If the Rulers came back you could abuse Dark Matter so much that the deck would possibly be tier 1. The fact that Arkbrave is lv 7 would let you max on Sacred Swords and ith the Blue-eyes draw engine (and maybe even Chicken Game) the deck would be more consistent than in March 2015.

ensane    163

Whenever I tested, triple card of demise+triple dragon shrine+ double ravine in addition to chicken/terra/trade-in was more than enough to have it in the grave whenever.

Stuff like twin twister and ultimate providence also helps. It feels a lot like fableds to be honest, just without the trouble beating over fields and still with the same trouble vs heavy backrow.

Sanjura    6663
idk,the more I play with this the more I realize you need to be able to discard multiple dragons t1 while having enough cards in hand for demise AND enough dragons in grave for soul charge. that's pretty difficult to do without running shit cards like hand destruction and dark world dealings. I found myself with many hands that had 4 dragons but no draw cards or ravine and i just want to kill myself when my next draw is neither one of those